Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Press Release - Central Bank of Iraq 9-12-11

Nothing-Ventured

I wonder if it has anything to do with the "tenders" news releases that are posted only on the arabic side of the CBI. Chicken tenders that is. :rolleyes: I never did see a translation for those two releases but after some googling it appears as though they were some projects the CBI was looking for bids on (or something of that nature). They've had other "tender" press releases in the past. Hopefully this latest release is something completely different.

Thanks for the post! I say....RV!!!

These show up today as statements from the CBI

No idea if it is either or neither of these

BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: The Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) has sold US$210 million in its auction for the sale and purchase of foreign currencies on Monday, on an exchange rate of 1,170 dinars per dollar, down from its Sunday sales of 211 million dollars, the CBI’s daily bulletin reported.

Iraqi Central Bank said on Sunday, said some government employees who hold jobs in the positions of the state media are waging an unprecedented attack on the bank, accusing him of acts that are beyond the law mar the idea of ​​monetary reform.

He said in a statement received "the gate of Iraq," a copy of it, he had already received an official letter from the Committee on Economic Affairs in the Cabinet in 2007 appealing to the bank to consider a draft reform of the system working in Iraq expressed by restructuring and deleting three zeros, and on some easy cash trading and reduces cost of cash transactions as part of a reform strategy for the cash management system in the country.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/83479-central-we-are-attacked-by-the-media-an-unprecedented-idea-of-%e2%80%8b%e2%80%8bdeletion-of-zeros-from-the-currency/#ixzz1XlKi62Ei

http://www.cbi.iq/index.php?pid=NewsAnnoucements〈=ar

When you click the link it will be in Arabic. Right click on the text area and translate with Bing. How I originally got to this website was by going to the JPEG link provided and highlighting the Arabic writing and then went to google and paste it in the search area and it sent me to this page.

Edited by JLUV
  • Upvote 1

These show up today as statements from the CBI

No idea if it is either or neither of these

BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: The Central Bank of Iraq (CBI) has sold US$210 million in its auction for the sale and purchase of foreign currencies on Monday, on an exchange rate of 1,170 dinars per dollar, down from its Sunday sales of 211 million dollars, the CBI’s daily bulletin reported.

Iraqi Central Bank said on Sunday, said some government employees who hold jobs in the positions of the state media are waging an unprecedented attack on the bank, accusing him of acts that are beyond the law mar the idea of ​​monetary reform.

He said in a statement received "the gate of Iraq," a copy of it, he had already received an official letter from the Committee on Economic Affairs in the Cabinet in 2007 appealing to the bank to consider a draft reform of the system working in Iraq expressed by restructuring and deleting three zeros, and on some easy cash trading and reduces cost of cash transactions as part of a reform strategy for the cash management system in the country.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/83479-central-we-are-attacked-by-the-media-an-unprecedented-idea-of-%e2%80%8b%e2%80%8bdeletion-of-zeros-from-the-currency/#ixzz1XlKi62Ei

I don't think so....only because I can reconize arabic "numbers", just not the words. The numbers are different in this news release, such as in the second line, I think the Arabic numbers are referring to "2005". But I will go double check that. ;]