Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Veggie Bus Rumor

diverdave

My GF and I are moving from Southern Louisiana to Seattle Washington on the 1990 Schoolbus/RV I built pulling everything we own in a 30ft trailer, running on Used Cooking oil the entire way. We broke down at the Wyoming/Colorado border a few days ago and had to get towed back to Fort Collins Colorado to get repaired cause the turbo unit went Kaput. Unfortunately we were down to our last $400 when it blew. After $100 and 2 days at the KOA due to the breakdown happening on Fri afternoon, and then $100 down again for the tow to the mechanic for the trailer we were towing. We had to go and cash in most of my Dinar to pay for the repair. The closest place was the Denver Airport's Foreign Currency Exchange. I was debating how much to cash in when the girl behind the counter asked me why I wasn't going to wait for the RV to be announced. I asked her what she meant and she said the RV happened last week and they were waiting for the announcement. This totally Screwed my head up since I was about to cash it in... My pregnant GF was standing next to me and her reaction was priceless. She said "I think I'm gonna Puke." and then walked away as I second guessed myself on weather or not to cash in any of my investment. After a few phone calls to friends, a little more prodding of the cashier about dates and the Rate. and I got out of her that she Heard that it had RV'd and she didn't know a rate. Only that they were paying 1380 dinar to the Dollar and I decided the best thing for us to get on the road again was to cash in my 4M dinar for only $2761.61 Grrrrrrrrr. I love buying in at 1800 and cashing in at 1380 and the exchange fee on top of it.

Good news is we're going to be back on the road in a day or two, bad news is I only have 180,000 dinar left... I had to keep some. Now I'm probably the only one that hopes the RV waits another 2 months so I can gat back in.

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

Film your Dinar travel experience. Love to see it on YOUTUBE or the Travel Channel. Seattle is a bit chilly, so you may want to hold onto a pile of Dinars in the event You need to start a fire to cook your food and roast your marshmallows on your Dinar campfire. :)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Seattle has had a pretty nice late Summer. But it is gray today. It may see a bit more sun yet this year. BUT then the gray wet cold days will begin and continue till the end of June, next year. BUT, you got to admit, Seattle is really green!

I am so sorry you had all that trouble. I have been dealing with car trouble all morning, findng someone to tow for a reasonble price was a pain in the rear. It ended up costing $50 to have my car towed 3 an a half miles and that was by a family friend. Oh BTW, thanks for sharing your story....Go RV!!!

1448, is what I calculated that exchange to be.

If you bought in @ 1800, you made a profit.

Dealers sell as if the price was 833 per dollar. ($1200/mill)

Selling back to a currency dealer, should of netted about $3400

Well, note to self, don't cash-out at airports apparently.

Should of hit up D/V.. I am sure some members would of paid you reasonable pricing for what you held.

Well, as often as we hear it's "Done" and never comes to Fruition.. I don't think it'll be too crazy or hard for you to wait another 2 months..

• Upvote 1

For all you saved by using cooking oil, you might have done better by using good 'ol diesel. Then you might still have your dinar in your pocket. Reminds me of a friend who said he was going broke saving money by keeping his old car. So, if it RV's at $3.00 plus, you'll have enough to buy all the cooking oil you need! Throw one on the barbie for me!

Edited by Captjohn

Sad story. When is she due? About that "hopes it waits for two months" , I have been there. Sorry everybody! Hey, if it RV's in the next two months, I will send you a dinar note. I'm not saying which one, could be a 50 could be 25k. Tract me down through DV if it happens by the end of Oct. 2011. In the mean time hurry up and get it back! Take Care

• Upvote 2

I am so sorry you had all that trouble. I have been dealing with car trouble all morning, findng someone to tow for a reasonble price was a pain in the rear. It ended up costing $50 to have my car towed 3 an a half miles and that was by a family friend. Oh BTW, thanks for sharing your story....Go RV!!!

Sounds like you might need a new friend, bamagirl

My GF and I are moving from Southern Louisiana to Seattle Washington on the 1990 Schoolbus/RV I built pulling everything we own in a 30ft trailer, running on Used Cooking oil the entire way. We broke down at the Wyoming/Colorado border a few days ago and had to get towed back to Fort Collins Colorado to get repaired cause the turbo unit went Kaput. Unfortunately we were down to our last $400 when it blew. After $100 and 2 days at the KOA due to the breakdown happening on Fri afternoon, and then $100 down again for the tow to the mechanic for the trailer we were towing. We had to go and cash in most of my Dinar to pay for the repair. The closest place was the Denver Airport's Foreign Currency Exchange. I was debating how much to cash in when the girl behind the counter asked me why I wasn't going to wait for the RV to be announced. I asked her what she meant and she said the RV happened last week and they were waiting for the announcement. This totally Screwed my head up since I was about to cash it in... My pregnant GF was standing next to me and her reaction was priceless. She said "I think I'm gonna Puke." and then walked away as I second guessed myself on weather or not to cash in any of my investment. After a few phone calls to friends, a little more prodding of the cashier about dates and the Rate. and I got out of her that she Heard that it had RV'd and she didn't know a rate. Only that they were paying 1380 dinar to the Dollar and I decided the best thing for us to get on the road again was to cash in my 4M dinar for only $2761.61 Grrrrrrrrr. I love buying in at 1800 and cashing in at 1380 and the exchange fee on top of it.

Good news is we're going to be back on the road in a day or two, bad news is I only have 180,000 dinar left... I had to keep some. Now I'm probably the only one that hopes the RV waits another 2 months so I can gat back in.

I wanna believe this.. I reallllllly do.

When ever this situation arises and I don't have triple A I call them and sign up for it. For 60 dollars or so you will get 5 tows for a year and you can use a tow right away.

<_< I broke my foot once and called a Tow Truck.--- They say if your Eye tooth is bad you go blind--If your Wisdom tooth goes -- well - that only goes for some-- Duh!!! :lol::lol::lol::tiphat::twothumbs: Hope things get better for you- Blessings - When your under the umbrella your safe-Vern Edited by vern

Sounds like you might need a new friend, bamagirl

No kidding.

When ever this situation arises and I don't have triple A I call them and sign up for it. For 60 dollars or so you will get 5 tows for a year and you can use a tow right away.

I have roadside assistance but I've let friends use up my quota.

Please lets not wait 2 more months ! :D :D

Sounds like you already have your RV.......quit spending money on dinar and take care of your wife and baby!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

A little tidbit of information about Seattle... beautiful area..

And..

If you can see Mt. Ranier, it's gonna rain.

If you can't see it, it is raining.

:D

True. Otherwise, it's night.

I'd rather be wet then hot and sticky anyday.

The gray cold wet of the Pacific Northwest soaks deep into your bones as a pain. . . as well as your mind.

Well if your dumb enough to cross country in a 1990 bus running on cooking oil with only 400 bucks to your name, Id really hate to think of what kinds of things you will be up to post rv. In my opinion the less dinar you and others like you have the better.

Not to worry. All would be gone in short order.

Now, say, the Rothschilds, on the other hand, for example, know money ain't just for spending.

I asked her what she meant and she said the RV happened last week and they were waiting for the announcement. This totally Screwed my head up since I was about to cash it in

Ha Ha Ha

You have got to be S****G me man i would have held my IQD, told the GF to cross her legs & sat it out

Oh & if you believe that story you have to be Okies relatives in some form

• Upvote 3

It didn't RV last week.