Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Marines Banned from Farting in Afghanistan

krome2ez

Government

Report: Marines Banned from Farting in Afghanistan

Posted on August 26, 2011 at 10:56am

by Buck Sexton

Marines in Afghanistan have reportedly been told not to pass gas around Afghans to avoid offending the indigenous population.

That’s right, now any leatherneck who lets one rip on patrol with Afghans nearby could receive a a talk from his superior officer.

The new flatulence restriction was first picked up by the Military Times, and has since become fodder for online discussion ranging from the curious to the ridiculous.

A few military bloggers have taken it seriously and found the ban to be indicative of a trend among military brass of bending over backwards to avoid offending the locals.

Others have pointed out that a culture that has allowed stoning, various forms of execution, and amputations as penalties for criminal offenses should be able to withstand a little passed gas.

The new regulation is not covered in the Uniform Code of Military Justice, and the military has not even confirmed it exists.

For now, the “fart ban” appears to be simply a guideline for good manners while Marines are out on patrol.

We’ll let you know if the Blaze catches wind of any developments.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/report-marines-banned-from-farting-in-afghanistan/

Government

Report: Marines Banned from Farting in Afghanistan

Posted on August 26, 2011 at 10:56am

by Buck Sexton

Marines in Afghanistan have reportedly been told not to pass gas around Afghans to avoid offending the indigenous population.

That’s right, now any leatherneck who lets one rip on patrol with Afghans nearby could receive a a talk from his superior officer.

The new flatulence restriction was first picked up by the Military Times, and has since become fodder for online discussion ranging from the curious to the ridiculous.

A few military bloggers have taken it seriously and found the ban to be indicative of a trend among military brass of bending over backwards to avoid offending the locals.

Others have pointed out that a culture that has allowed stoning, various forms of execution, and amputations as penalties for criminal offenses should be able to withstand a little passed gas.

The new regulation is not covered in the Uniform Code of Military Justice, and the military has not even confirmed it exists.

For now, the “fart ban” appears to be simply a guideline for good manners while Marines are out on patrol.

We’ll let you know if the Blaze catches wind of any developments.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/report-marines-banned-from-farting-in-afghanistan/

Never had that problem in Viet Nam, how ever its was eaiser to locate the Viet Cong once they let one rip....................................! B)

I would think if its a silent one you let go, you could get away with it. You know what they say, silent but deadly.

I dont want to point fingers but, I hear alot of people over there smell really bad because they dont take baths very often, come on.

Edited by jgreenlaw1
  • Upvote 2

Dang, and I just sent 3 cans of beans in my last care package.... tongue.giftongue.gif

This does have to be one of the funniest topic headlines I've seen on this site so far. I had to re-read it after my initial read.... I thought to myself, "Wait a minute, does that say "farting?"" Brings out the juvenile in me.... eyebrows.gif(maybe I shouldn't have admitted that)....

• Upvote 2

How 'bout we stop offending the locals and bring our troops home?

• Upvote 2

I would think if its a silent one you let go, you could get away with it. You know what they say, silent but deadly.

I dont want to point fingers but, I hear alot of people over there smell really bad because they dont take baths very often, come on.

That is not a rumor, that is a fact. It is not their odor, it is the burning in your eyes. Seeing their personal habits here, I cannot believe that passing gas would offend them. Is this a USMC only thing or all services included?:unsure:

• Upvote 1

That is not a rumor, that is a fact. It is not their odor, it is the burning in your eyes. Seeing their personal habits here, I cannot believe that passing gas would offend them. Is this a USMC only thing or all services included?:unsure:

Compared with their body odor a fart smells like perfume. They stink to the point of having to turn your head to the side and gasp. I just don't believe there have been that many complaints for something as trivial. It is probably a way of the U.S. government spending millions of dollars of tax payer money to conduct a study.

• Upvote 1

Compared with their body odor a fart smells like perfume. They stink to the point of having to turn your head to the side and gasp. I just don't believe there have been that many complaints for something as trivial. It is probably a way of the U.S. government spending millions of dollars of tax payer money to conduct a study.

Thanks, its nice to get confirmation from someone else who really understands. Maybe were were just looking in the wrong place for the chemical weapons wink.gif

• Upvote 1

Don't point any fingers...pull 'em...