Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Continental Currency Exchange

Heinzy444

So.... the Aug.28/29 date makes sense ... Just before or during the start of Eid ....interesting timing for all of this to be taking place.

Eid Al Fitr will be on August 31, says ICOP

Abu Dhabi, Aug. 21st, 2011 (WAM) -- The Islamic Crescent Observation Project (ICOP) has said that Eid al-Fitr of this Hijri year 1432 will be on Wednesday, August 31st in most Muslim countries, considering that sighting of the moon is a condition for the beginning of the month of Shawwal.

In most of the Muslim countries which started Ramadan on 1st of August will have their twenty-ninth Ramadan, on August 29th and on that day the moon sighting is impossible from all regions of the Islamic world due to moonset before or with sunset, such as North and Central Asia including the UAE, Qatar , Bahrain, Kuwait, northern and central Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Levant and North Africa.

As for the rest of the Arab and Muslim world, the moon will be out in those areas after sunset, but the duration is too short that it does not allow to see the crescent by the eye or by using telescopes.

As for countries that do not require the sighting of the crescent moon, Eid will be on Tuesday, August 30.

http://www.zawya.com/story.cfm/sidWA...t_31_Says_ICOP

Eid marks the end of Ramadan:

Eid ul-Fitr, Eid al-Fitr, Id-ul-Fitr, or Id al-Fitr (Arabic: ‎عيد الفطر ‘Īdu l-Fiṭr), often abbreviated to Eid, is a three-day Muslim holiday that marks the end of Ramadan, the Islamic holy month of fasting (sawm). Eid is an Arabic word meaning "festivity," while Fiṭr means "original nature," implying the restoration of one's best human composition. The holiday celebrates the conclusion of the thirty days of dawn-to-sunset fasting during the entire month of Ramadan. The first day of Eid, therefore, falls on the first day of the month Shawwal.

Eid-ul-Fitr Salat (Namaz in Persian) is a Sunnah muak'kad (strongly recommended, just short of obligatory) or mandoob (preferable) – depending on which juristic opinion is followed – Islamic prayer consisting of two raka'ah (units)[1] which is generally offered in an open field or large hall called an Eed-gah. This salaat or prayer, can only be performed with Jama’at (i.e., in congregation) and has an additional extra six Takbirs (raising of the hands to the ears while saying Allahu Akbar (God is Great), three of them in the beginning of the first raka'ah and three of them just before ruku' in the second raka'ah in the Hanafi school.[2] Muslims are commanded by God in the Qur'an to complete their fast until the last day of Ramadan.[3]and pay the zakat fitrah before doing the prayer ied.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eid_ul-Fitr

Edited by Heinzy444

Hey weneed.I called CCI after I saw this thread as did others.Similar info has also been posted previously as well and this thread in particular has been confirmed from various persons.It's all here previous to your post,so rest assured this info is not from the infamous blaino or okie or any of the other so called "guru's".I wouldn't say this is a definite pre-cursor to the RV but it is very positive news that something is about to change regarding the Dinar.It is also the first real information from ANY institution I have contacted that something is brewing.Like I said earlier,take it with a grain of salt but rest assured this info is true.

Oh and Heinzy,forgot earlier,welcome to DV my friend!

Cheers,

Sparky

sparky, where is the positive info that something is about to change? just because a currency exchange business decides to stop selling dinar does not mean a rv is coming. we have seen many dealers and banks decide to stop selling dinar in the past and it doesn't mean jack sheet. i thank you for your comment and mean no disrespect at all, but my opinion is that this means nothing. this institution is not credible, imho. it is just a currency exchange business and there is a .0001 percent chance that the person working there has any inside information, unless shabibi is her distant cousin or she had dinner with maliki last week. i trust you that you are telling the truth but you have to consider the source before rumors are spread and people start getting their hopes "pumped" up.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

sparky, where is the positive info that something is about to change? just because a currency exchange business decides to stop selling dinar does not mean a rv is coming. we have seen many dealers and banks decide to stop selling dinar in the past and it doesn't mean jack sheet. i thank you for your comment and mean no disrespect at all, but my opinion is that this means nothing. this institution is not credible, imho. it is just a currency exchange business and there is a .0001 percent chance that the person working there has any inside information, unless shabibi is her distant cousin or she had dinner with maliki last week. i trust you that you are telling the truth but you have to consider the source before rumors are spread and people start getting their hopes "pumped" up.

I'm assuming most of us are adults here, positively contributing any way we can. Sparky's post had additional information which expanded on the original post. No one here is intentionally trying to lead anyone down a garden path or pump sales of IQD - we picked up on some info - it was expanded on, and it may or may not be the light at the end of a very long tunnel. I don't think anyone here is puting more credibility into this thread than that - if you are, maybe you need a new hobby, just say'n.

Good luck to all.

Edited by Heinzy444
  • Upvote 2

Right now I'd settle for any news then decide if I buy it or not, and around the corner sounds better than down two blocks, fifth biz to the left, then take a turn for the worse.

Let's pray that it will RV, group prayer works, it really does.

I'm assuming most of us are adults here, positively contributing any way we can. Sparky's post had additional information which expanded on the original post. No one here is intentionally trying to lead anyone down a garden path or pump sales of IQD - we picked up on some info - it was expanded on, and it may or may not be the light at the end of a very long tunnel. I don't think anyone here is puting more credibility into this thread than that - if you are, maybe you need a new hobby, just say'n.

Good luck to all.

heinzy, i was not putting any credibility in this thread, it has none to begin with. it sounds like something we have heard before but all i was saying is not to put too much stock in 3rd hand info from an employee at the cce. she knows about as much about this investment as the next person. for all we know, she could be getting her info (the aug. 28-29th dates) from okie or poppy. i am an adult as you should be too. if somebody disagrees with you its no excuse to tell me that i need to find a new hobby. you also say no one is trying to lead anyone down a garden path or pump sales but it is you who said on your first post in this thread "Take this how you want to; RV/RI or simply that the new currency is about to make it's appearance." that sounds to me like leading us down a garden path. if this same intel came from okie, he would be bashed to no end and everybody would think this was another pump by the oil man.

• Upvote 1

heinzy, i was not putting any credibility in this thread, it has none to begin with. it sounds like something we have heard before but all i was saying is not to put too much stock in 3rd hand info from an employee at the cce. she knows about as much about this investment as the next person. for all we know, she could be getting her info (the aug. 28-29th dates) from okie or poppy. i am an adult as you should be too. if somebody disagrees with you its no excuse to tell me that i need to find a new hobby. you also say no one is trying to lead anyone down a garden path or pump sales but it is you who said on your first post in this thread "Take this how you want to; RV/RI or simply that the new currency is about to make it's appearance." that sounds to me like leading us down a garden path. if this same intel came from okie, he would be bashed to no end and everybody would think this was another pump by the oil man.

Sensitive... that comment was not directed at you - but since you felt it was maybe you do need to find a new hobby.

"take this how you want to" is a command/suggestion for you to choose how you would like to react to this information - sounds like you've chosen paranoia as your new hobby - it's a start :)

Edited by Heinzy444
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Sensitive... that comment was not directed at you - but since you felt it was maybe you do need to find a new hobby.

"take this how you want to" is a command/suggestion for you to choose how you would like to react to this information - sounds like you've chosen paranoia as your new hobby - it's a start :)

so now you call me sensitive and paranoid. i am not the only one who disagrees with your original post. and what happened to being grown up? do you get your panties in a wad when somebody disagrees with you. maybe too much sand in your va-jay-jay.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7

This is not A rumour ... a senior TD Bank Manager in Canada (that owns Dinar) but is unable to buy Dinar via her Bank was purchasing IQD from Continental Currency Exchange (Canada) - she noted on Fri. they have officially stopped buying and selling (although I think it's been about 10 days total) - when asked why, the agent at CCE stated that big changes were coming to the IQD on Aug.28/29 2011 - I just called CCE 10 minutes ago and am now getting a new excuse - she said the Gov. just restricted the currency (not sure if ours or theirs)? Take this how you want to; RV/RI or simply that the new currency is about to make it's appearance.

I'm new here (although not new to the IQD - 5 years and counting) - Good luck to all - this may be our final week of waiting.

Heinzy

Thanks of the post Heinzy and welcome to DV.

I have a question for you or any Canadians on this site. Does Canada have some kind of agency like FINCEN (Financial Crimes Enforcement Network) - a law enforcement agency of the US Treasury department? Canadian bank personnel or government employees would know this for certain. I suspension Canada does have an agency like this in place to help fight money laundering and support sponsored terrorism.

I have worked in banking for 24 years, so I will tell you why most US banks and currency exhanges are stopping the selling of Iraqi dinar and Vietnamese dong. Anyone who buys and sells currency on a daily, weekly, monthly, etc. basis in large quanities (I forget the amount that is considered large) is considered a currency dealer. Currency dealers have to be registered through FINCEN to conduct business. They have to meet special requirements and keep and report all transactions; no matter how big or small. This is why we will all need a FINCEN form 04 (I believe that is correct) when cashing in our dinar at a profit; believing the profit amount to be considered of $10,000.

If someone walks in and buys as little as 1 million dinar per month, possibble even 500,000 per month; that brings into question whether or not one currency dealer, who is licensed, is selling to another currency dealer, who is not licensed, Being unlicensed and conducting a currency business to customers is considered illegal in the US; and any company who helps another person / company conduct and deal in illegal currency dealing is just as liable and guilty of violating the law as the original person / company who was conducting business unlicensed and unregisterd. For us in the US, all of this is listed under the Patriot Act. I'm not sure how and if it is listed in Canada, though all countries fighting the war on terror have a similar agency to track all monies and monitor all currency transactions to prevent the funding and support of terrorism.

This is why most companies and banks are stopping the selling of dinar and dong. Notice I didn't say all, because some still are willing to sell dinar and dong. Selling to travelers is usually done on a small scale, non-patterned during a 12 month time frame, and is not the norm and instead rare. Many companies and banks simply do not want to take the risk anymore and fear the punishment by FINCEN, should they be accused and caught selling to another unlicensed currency dealer. The fines are very large and FINCEN can even shut down a company or bank (in extreme situations) for breaking any laws.

Welcome to the Imperial States of America, right? So much for free enterprise and a free market society in America.

As far as the rumor of the 28th or 29th, that rumor has been flying since early August. I have also heard the rumor; unconfirmed of course; that something would happen right after the end of Ramadan (which would be the first of September). Unless there is something in print from the news agencies, IMF, or CBI; I would place it only in the rumor area of the brain and move on with life and living.

By the way, I hope the exchange office you so business with is telling you the truth about the 28th / 29th. I sure would like to get off of this roller coaster. LOL.

PD46 Banks are regulated federally here in Canada. They are not privately owned. In terms of money laundering, I believe that would fall under the jurisdiction of the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) since it is a crime. Federally, there is the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions. Each province also has its own regulator for example, in Ontario, it is FSCO (Financial Services Commission of Ontario) and the OSC (Ontario Securities Commission) which regulates the investment industry.

PD46 Banks are regulated federally here in Canada. They are not privately owned. In terms of money laundering, I believe that would fall under the jurisdiction of the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) since it is a crime. Federally, there is the Office of the Superintendent of Financial Institutions. Each province also has its own regulator for example, in Ontario, it is FSCO (Financial Services Commission of Ontario) and the OSC (Ontario Securities Commission) which regulates the investment industry.

Excellent information - Canada's regulations mirror the US and vice versa in many ways.

Just to let you all know, I don't run around posting "rumors" on sites - in fact, I'm usually the one busting them. This was the first bit of information that seemed credible to me that I felt like sharing. Good luck everyone. I'll reserve any future comments to the ISX, it's been a dead duck for a while - with Warka possibly coming on line again we may have a nice situation on our hands.

All the best to everyone - especially to those that think this thread is a waste of space, but still took the time to take up more of it :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

K ... The freakin' thing must be multi-cornered then.............Very much so.

Maybe it is better to say "around the bend"... and in your case umbertino... it's been a big freaking long 6 year bend... but hey... things have gotta straighten out sometime, why not now!!!wink.gif

GO RV Already Baby!!!cool.gif