Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Questions for Adam's Chat Tonight 8/17/11

kcw

We've heard for a while now that the RV was contingent on the HCL, seating of remaining security ministries and lifting of Ch. 7 which involves the resolutions with Kuwait. We now see articles that the reading of the HCL will not be until after Ramadan, and Maliki has appointed interim Security and Defense Ministers. Has he selected an Interior Minister and it hasn't been published? Also, where are they exactly with Kuwait resolutions such as border agreements, haven't seen anything definitive? Will this port dispute affect Ch. 7 resolutions? Or does none of this really matter and the RV could be anytime?

• Upvote 1

There are varying levels of sophistication in regards to the members here. The most well- versed amongst us in economics, finance, business and commerce seem to pinpoint some essential things must happen first before an RV of Iraq currency, namely, HCL, GOI, Chapter 7.

My question is this, let's assume that we find ourselves at a place where GOI is seated, HCl and ch 7 lifted, yet there is no RV? Is there anything else that you

Adam, 2 articles have come out in the last week dealing with dates. The first one talks about on 09-07-2011 Shabibi will give the world results of 7 year geological study which shows oil/gas deposits in Iraq. The second article talks about lowering of the 3 presidents salaries when currency is revalued and must occur by 09-15-2011. I cannot think Shabibi will give report to world about deposits of oil and gas in I raq without having RV"ed and second article is law which has been passed and they must lower salaries of 3 presidents within 3 days of 09-15-2011 when currency revalued. What is your opinion? Thanks for all you do for DV community!!!1967

• Upvote 1

Hi Adam,

I appreciate all your honesty and integrity all throughout his venture.

Question: Exactly, what will be the difference in value between the 25k note (which is the currency we currently hold and soon be taken out of circulation in the future) and 'THE NEW" 25 dinar note?????????????????????? And what does the CBI mean when they state that these two will co-exist for a limited time w/o affecting the exchange rate???? This has been explained a katrillion times...and pardon me, but it still DOES NOT make any sense to me. I still don't get it.

Please elaborate a little bit more in detail. I will appreciate it greatly.

Thank you for your valuable time.

If one looks at both GDP and M2 for various countries (I looked at the US, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and Iraq) we see that M2 is somewhere around 75% or 80% of GDP. This seems to make sense as M2 is the total amount of value in money chasing after the total amount of value of goods and services in GDP. If M2 gets to be too small (1/2 of GDP?) then money will be to tight, businesses won't get loans etc and the economy will freeze up. If M2 is too big (2 times GDP?) then you have suddenly 2x the value chasing the same amount of goods and services and supply and demand results in major inflation. So this seems to put a fundamental limit on how big any one RV can get. Maybe 2x or 3x or even 10x, but I see no possibility of 100x let alone 1000x since that would mean that M2 is either so small to start with that the economy can not function (and Iraq's economy is functioning) or it would be so big afterwards that hyperinflation would be unavoidable. Note this does not say small steps can not add up to a big change if the money supply is reduced as you step your way up, but not in one big jump.

So given that, how can it be claimed a 1000x RV to $1 to 1 IQD is possible?

Edited by jg167
  • Downvote 3

Hi Adam,

Thanks for all you do for us here in Dinarland... My questions is with all your contacts there in Iraq....... have you heard anything about all the bombings that are happening and if they are going to have an effect on the RV? Appointing Security ministers IMO isn't going to make this go away instantly, so what will happen in Iraq once the Security Ministers are seated? Thanks in Advance for your time..................

Adam.. I know you don't give date & rate indications......But I wanted to ask you if you could roughly give a timeline as for your gut feeling ( and based on your current knowledge of what's happening)... A generic timeline at least... like next quarter, this here quarter, still within the year end or not... Thanks....

There was a report today that said and i quote "THE FINANCIAL COMMITTE OF THE PARLIAMENT AGREE TODAY WITH DR. SHABIBI ON LIFTING THE ZEROS." What is Adam's take on this?

Has he heard that this HAS happened?

What does Adam PERSONALLY believe Iraq means when they say 'lifting zero's' and Redenomination?

Edited by Ridewithme38