Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

the rate

randalln

You really expect the forum to take you seriously with all the Incorrect Spelling and Grammar? IF its Intentional, Well Pardon my Skepticism! tongue.gif And this great deal you made to get a "Large Chunk" of Dinar Invested{I presume} At the current rate 1170?? Oh Boy.....dry.gif

Sorry I cant wrap my arms around this one.

I think Im going to throw the BS Anchor out the boat here Fellas...............FOUR!!!blink.gif

Does this mean your throwing FOUR anchors out..........................or did you mean FORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!................................just checking........................must be a big boat.

• Upvote 1

No bank is going to take .50 cents per dinar on an exchange. That's ridiculous.

Do not dismiss that, be prepared for anything.

You should check the spread on the Bank of Bangkok for VND - 1.07 to 1.6 per thousand. The South African Rand is the worst at 2.xx to 5.xx, more than 100%.

Well randalln I think what these people are trying to say is, talk is cheap, PROVE IT !!

He can't prove it. He has no facts and he has no proof of anything.

and when you speak 6 languages its hard too keep up with the words

what facts do you want

the rate

Iraq told you that 4 months ago 1.30

Iraq told us 4 months ago that the rate was 1.30? I must have missed that, could you please post the link to where that was said? Thanks

I agree it is important to know foreign language, especially if married to a foreigner.....my wife's first language is No, and she is very fluent in it.

Good one.... By the way.. There's an ancient form of Theater Acting in Japan ( still performed) which is called NO Theater.

Edited by umbertino

Randalln, I enjoyed see the rate, but would like you to Link the place where Iraq told us it would be this rate. Not bashing.

For everyone reading the posts:

As far as the spread, you might check into VIP. Adam is working with a number of banks where you can cash your dinar in with a low spread or none at all. As soon as the RV takes place, a list of those banks will be distributed.

Unless one is forced to cash in immediately, it would be better to wait at least 7 to 14 days. If you can wait, it would be best to wait even longer. Go to a good tax attorney, accountant, or financial planner with your known worth ($$ at cash in) and he/she will assist you in determining how to reduce your tax.

Applause for your post, Rand... I hope you're right. I mean the fact that the $1.30 was set months ago. I guess that would be about the time Shabs was in Washington, huh? Would love to hear anything else enticing to lighten the mood, such as when we will officially see this. You know you'll get a ton of heat if this doesn't happen before ramadan ends. And BTW, your location is no longer 'secret' :rolleyes:. I just had to throw that out there. Lets wake up to a RV... sometime this week.

The one thing that i can guaranty is you dont know my location laugh.gif

Do not dismiss that, be prepared for anything.

You should check the spread on the Bank of Bangkok for VND - 1.07 to 1.6 per thousand. The South African Rand is the worst at 2.xx to 5.xx, more than 100%.

It dose no good to tell some of these people

even when their standing at the bank and they tell them it will cost *********** some of these people will still say BUT MY GURU AND FOREX TOLD ME ***********(the bank)HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

He can't prove it. He has no facts and he has no proof of anything.

Iraq told us 4 months ago that the rate was 1.30? I must have missed that, could you please post the link to where that was said? Thanks

If you want history from 4 months ago I think you should text somebody that cares laugh.gifHoopdoglaugh.gif

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Just because the iraqis(Muslims) do nothing dose not mean that all the non Muslims are not working

Kuwaitis dont work at all (all year long) all foreign workers from non Muslim countries FACT

and if you don't know about the spread on currency exchange you better check it out

and most of the government has been Americanized

Randalin,

We are not talking about Kuwaitis.

So you are saying all of the Parliament, banks, business owners and and citizens that have been observing all of the Iraqi "holidays" are Americanized? Are they double dipping on the holidays?

You seem to take a an attitude concerning your expat status (I am assuming from your posts that you are an American living in the Phillipines) and your knowledge of currency exchange. Great. I have lived all over the world too, and exchanged many, many dollars.

Your quote: "When this turns on the rate will be $1.20-1.30

It dose not matter if the dollar drops (it can only move so much without revaluation ) FACT

It is figured(just like everybody else's are) from a average of the basket of currency (20)as in the G20 (set so the markets cant manipulate )by the IMF

You will not get that at trade in

that will be 80-1.00"

That is approximately a 30% fee. Wow. If you hold 1m dinar, your fee to exchange will be $300,000??? I have never experienced an exchange fee like that. I have been to many ME countries, but I won't be visiting Iraq any time soon. Zab was right. That is a tad bit more than 1-4%.

Randalin, you have a lot of great information, but there seem to be some holes, IMHO. And this makes the rest of your information suspect, IMHO.

Thanks for the conversation, and I say this sincerely, I hope you are wrong.

• Upvote 1

If you want history from 4 months ago I think you should text somebody that cares laugh.gifHoopdoglaugh.gif

He does have a valid question. Do you have a link to the information where Iraq quoted this amount? Don't get me wrong, I hope it is at least that much if not more. However, I too would really like to know where Iraq said this. It would help me to get more excited. :)

GO RV!!! :D

• Upvote 1

He does have a valid question. Do you have a link to the information where Iraq quoted this amount? Don't get me wrong, I hope it is at least that much if not more. However, I too would really like to know where Iraq said this. It would help me to get more excited. :)

He doesn't know... no one knows. All speculation. They all "Think" they know.

• Upvote 1

He doesn't know... no one knows. All speculation. They all "Think" they know.

Yeah, I agree. Nobody knows for sure. I just feel as though when people present it to us as a fact, like the statement he made, they should be prepared to be called on it. Which, honestly, I still hope the rate is atleast that much. ;)

• Upvote 1

I had heard (I think somewhere sometime on this site) that at the end of 2011, the law was changing and there would be even exchanges for all foreign currency. That would mean no spread if we wait long enough. Anyone else know anything about this?

It amazes me how every decent post on this site lately turns into a pissing match.

Rand came on and shared his piece. If you disagree with it, go to another post. If you agree with it say "Thank you" and go to another post.

Cut the guy some slack. He is a legitimate source of info and has been for quite some time. Spelling and grammar have absolutely nothing to do with the validity of his info. If you think it does than that just shows your own ignorance.

I'm sick and tired of the bashers. They bash only because they have nothing to add. How about we all put on our big boy pants and start to treat each other with a bit more respect.

Peace

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 1

Randalin,

We are not talking about Kuwaitis.

So you are saying all of the Parliament, banks, business owners and and citizens that have been observing all of the Iraqi "holidays" are Americanized? Are they double dipping on the holidays?

You seem to take a an attitude concerning your expat status (I am assuming from your posts that you are an American living in the Phillipines) and your knowledge of currency exchange. Great. I have lived all over the world too, and exchanged many, many dollars.

Your quote: "When this turns on the rate will be $1.20-1.30

It dose not matter if the dollar drops (it can only move so much without revaluation ) FACT

It is figured(just like everybody else's are) from a average of the basket of currency (20)as in the G20 (set so the markets cant manipulate )by the IMF

You will not get that at trade in

that will be 80-1.00"

That is approximately a 30% fee. Wow. If you hold 1m dinar, your fee to exchange will be $300,000??? I have never experienced an exchange fee like that. I have been to many ME countries, but I won't be visiting Iraq any time soon. Zab was right. That is a tad bit more than 1-4%.

Randalin, you have a lot of great information, but there seem to be some holes, IMHO. And this makes the rest of your information suspect, IMHO.

Thanks for the conversation, and I say this sincerely, I hope you are wrong.

Unless they lock the rate (out of the gate )there will be a big spread

if they float the rate then the fluctuation will determine the exchange

Im saying with cash not investment exchange will not be what is listed on the forex

In 2006 i took $50k in a cashers check to the Philippines the rate on the forex was 56/1 .BPI would only give me 52/1 .western-union was 51/1, BOA was 52/1(because it was cash)

And that is with Dollars

The dinar will be even less

now with bank-wire-transfer I get only 2 points off of forex (because no cash changes hands)

rite now the dinar is 1140/1180 on any given day (thats 40 points buy/sell)if you could trade.

• Upvote 1

About a month ago, there was an article posted here that mentioned that rate in the last paragraph. The article was described as an academic study of the Iraqi currency, and stated that the Iraqi dinar was the "strongest currency in the region." I have looked for the post so I could link it, but I guess my search skills leave something to be desired. I'm sure someone will read this, remember the article, and post it.