Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Now THIS IS A ZERO ARTICLE I LIKE!!!!!!

acceb75

The central bank has the distribution of foreign exchange reserves in a basket of currencies like the dollar and the pound sterling and the Japanese yen *** as well as its reserve of gold so that the cover of the Iraqi dinar remains strong, regardless of fluctuations in the currency market***

[/u]Read more:

Now, am I reading this to mean that basically, the Iraqi Dinar will ultimately be backed by gold?? If this is the case, then it is hard to say where they will set the exchange rate. I read someplace that if they were to back it by gold, that we could see the exchange rate set very high...higher than most are anticipating!! I hope I am correct in my understanding of this! God Bless!

Iraq, like most other nations, holds a portion of their wealth in foreign currencies. They have spread that reserve over several currencies (basket = diversified), including a portion in gold. In fact, they have a LOT of gold.

Iraq has not stated anything about the IQD being now or in the future backed by gold. The hold (own) gold. Based on statements from the CBI last year when there were discussions about them participating in the GCC, it is very likely they will do like Saudi Arabia (pegged to the SDR) or Kuwait (pegged to a private basket of currencies). There have been recent articles from Iraq stating they are considering moving away from the USD due to economic worries. This appears to mean they will invest in other areas and reduce their holdings of USD. They can't do much about that though, since 95% of their exports is oil and oil is USD based.

The CBI has stated MANY times, especially in numerous recent articles, they will not be changing their rate. It will remain fixed until they have redominated.

No LOP, but possibly a RD

Only time will tell.....

Ok... you lost me. I thought I'd finally figured out what "LOP" meant.

Can you please explain to me the difference between a LOP and an RD?

Doesn't LOP mean 'remove 3 zeros'...?

:blink:

I am very new in this and have just started buying a little here and there off E-bay and get very confused by these conflicting posts... I have spent hours and hours reading every post here that everyone posts to, and I must say, it is very confusing and I still am not sure whether to keep buying or not. It seems up and down every time a new post comes out. Just wanted to say hello and let you know I am here, trying to learn all I can. I don't have much to spend so not going overboard with it...... :blink::unsure:

Welcome to being in the same boat as the rest of us.

I gave you a plus to cheer you up.

LOP is not a financial term.

It is an example of brilliant Social Engineering intended to deflect attention from the legitimate financial function of RD, so Dinar sales would continue to be brisk.

When I think LOP, I think of beheading a person, amputating a limb with no painkillers, castrating cattle........Generally the taking of something by force.

The term is so negative in connotation, that using it to mask a legitimate possibility, ingrains such a negative impression that it is considered repulsive, brutal or reasonable.

The Pumpers really have a good grip on the marks. They got me too!!

Really? You bring my name up in thread I am yet to comment on ?? What a coward..but I'm not surprised, no different than you hiding behind a computer screen posting articles and opinion pieces on a DINAR SITE!! Talk about paranoid, if you want to be on a political soap box take that bull$$$$ somewhere else..and I'm not talking about the occasional Obama article that gets posted on here..that's fine..but that's all you seem to post..and you don't even bring facts or a logical ideology when trying to make a point about Obama, all you do is attack his character..oh wait, where have I seen this before???? Mmmmm....man up, get over it, and let's talk about the real issue... Like who's carpooling to Alex's once this RV hits for pancakes.. God bless and happy Sunday my DV friends and as always GO RV!! smile.gif

Forget it. When this is over, I'll drive myself to Alex's for pancakes. The last place I'd want to be is stuck in a carpool with the two of you!!

• Upvote 1

It is an example of brilliant Social Engineering intended to deflect attention from the legitimate financial function of RD, so Dinar sales would continue to be brisk.

When I think LOP, I think of beheading a person, amputating a limb with no painkillers, castrating cattle........Generally the taking of something by force.

The term is so negative in connotation, that using it to mask a legitimate possibility, ingrains such a negative impression that it is considered repulsive, brutal or reasonable.

Thanks Dalite. I'd already pretty much figured out that "LOP" was a coined phrase created in dinar forum world.

The legitimate possibility of a true RD does exist. Now we wait for more from the CBI. Next week, and the weeks to come, should prove interesting - as they continue their educating process.

Appreciate your posts!

:D

The central bank has the distribution of foreign exchange reserves in a basket of currencies like the dollar and the pound sterling and the Japanese yen *** as well as its reserve of gold so that the cover of the Iraqi dinar remains strong, regardless of fluctuations in the currency market***

[/u]Read more: http://dinarvets.com.../#ixzz1ULqvpHTm

Now, am I reading this to mean that basically, the Iraqi Dinar will ultimately be backed by gold?? If this is the case, then it is hard to say where they will set the exchange rate. I read someplace that if they were to back it by gold, that we could see the exchange rate set very high...higher than most are anticipating!! I hope I am correct in my understanding of this! God Bless!

That's amazing! What a concept! REAL money!

Ah! Do I see an Anti-LOP? Let's hop in the Land Rover and run it down.

Iraq, like most other nations, holds a portion of their wealth in foreign currencies. They have spread that reserve over several currencies (basket = diversified), including a portion in gold. In fact, they have a LOT of gold.

Iraq has not stated anything about the IQD being now or in the future backed by gold. The hold (own) gold. Based on statements from the CBI last year when there were discussions about them participating in the GCC, it is very likely they will do like Saudi Arabia (pegged to the SDR) or Kuwait (pegged to a private basket of currencies). There have been recent articles from Iraq stating they are considering moving away from the USD due to economic worries. This appears to mean they will invest in other areas and reduce their holdings of USD. They can't do much about that though, since 95% of their exports is oil and oil is USD based.

The CBI has stated MANY times, especially in numerous recent articles, they will not be changing their rate. It will remain fixed until they have redominated.

That's right. Official lawful term or not, that's what it refers to -- hacking off the three zeros, and nothing but. AND how is that best done in the most simplest way? Answer, the bank retains all the big bills.

If you RD and introduce lower denominations (like nickels and dimes or dollars) that will happen with an RV.

A lop is when you cut of some zero's on the right of a note and move the decimal to the right (on the exchange rate) the

same amount of places. The money's value will not change. You will also RD to make the new notes with the zero's removed.

So an RD could happen with a LOP,:eyebrows: RV or RI.

If you RD and introduce lower denominations (like nickels and dimes or dollars) that will happen with an RV.

A lop is when you cut of some zero's on the right of a note and move the decimal to the right (on the exchange rate) the

same amount of places. The money's value will not change. You will also RD to make the new notes with the zero's removed.

So an RD could happen with a LOP,:eyebrows: RV or RI.

An RD would most likely precede an RV.

To RV first would be counter productive to correction conditions dictating a RD.

I hope your interpretation is correct, by historical accounts indicate otherwise.

Time will tell.....

• Upvote 1

An RD would most likely precede an RV.

To RV first would be counter productive to correction conditions dictating a RD.

I hope your interpretation is correct, by historical accounts indicate otherwise.

Time will tell.....

How would that be counter-productive?

Imagine if they doubled the value of the IQD in its current state.

And soon thereafter, started introducing the new lower denominations with their own separate exchange rate.

What would happen, is many Iraqis would start using the 000 notes, and move away from using the USD.

Which would quickly draw in the 000s in a much faster pace. And also increase spending of the domestic currency during the process.

If it took 1,000 dinars to buy X

And the next day it took 500 dinars to buy X

I may prefer to use the dinar instead of USD to buy X

And than, they can introduce lower denominations into the market to be used at their own exchange rate.

R/V prior to the R/D would help fight dollarization prior to releasing of the lower denominations.

I would think anyways.

• Upvote 1

Darin,

They need to do something to prove to the world that there is balance in their economy and ability to produce.

The numbers are too skewed presently to let the rate float and depend on production to handle the liability of what they claim is on the street.

For every zero dropped, ten units of negative aspects are taken off of their spreadsheets, and ten units of confidence is generated in the investment world.

I believe the current ratio of currency liability to production revenue is around 49000%

That would mean they have 49000 % more currency liability than they have production to support it.

Dropping 3 zeros would lower that to 49%. That is sustainable.

There are hundreds of ways a short term fix could be implemented to make folks outside of Iraq richer.

Maybe the CBI will be forced to move in that direction.

An RD is "tough love". Nobody wants it. We all hope it doesn't happen.

Shabibi could be killed and Maliki's half step son could be made CBI governor.

Any control of the CBI by someone who doesn't have the concern and knowledge that Shabibi could produce short-sighted solutions that may give some of the chance us to cash in before the whole thing implodes due to inability to back the new value.

They could borrow from the DFI/frozen Assets, and cancel the entire debt.

If there is actually 250+ billion in the 95% account in the NY Fed bank, they could back an RV of $3.00 plus, at the expense of using it for the future and reconstruction.

Too many IFs.

Anything could happen.

Shabibi is running his preferred method up the flagpole.

We wait for parliament to say yea or nay.

• Upvote 2

I have a question for anyone, and especially for the anti=RVer's.

Has anyone ever heard an interview or direct quote from anyone connected with the CBI, Shabibi or Saleh or anyone, who from their own lips used the example of 25,000 old dinar = to 25 new dinar? Has anyone ever heard the example given in a quote of 1000 old dinar and 1 new dinar buying the same product equal to 1000 dinar from anyone being directly quoted from the CBI?

Everytime I have read this, it appears that the reporter writing the article is giving the example and personal opinion; not anyone from the CBI.

Maybe I am wrong, and if I am, then I apologize now. Just asking since the articles are always confusing and contradicting each ofther.

Edited by PD46

I was abused when I was younger, dinaronmymind. Once this RVs and makes you a millionaire will you pay for the therapy I so desperately need?

Let me know, now I'm off to play with myself while I look in the mirror.

IT PUTS THA LOWTION IN DA BAHSKET. :lol: