Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Beauty pageant delayed to next year

Beauty pageant delayed to next year

25/07/2011 14:23

burka_graduation-1.jpg

Sulaimaniyah, July25 (AKnews) – A beauty pageant that was expected to be held this year has been postponed to next year. The pageant organizers say they want to survey the public so that they can hold a successful beauty contest.

The pageant that was expected to be held in Sulaimaniyah – Kurdistan’s second city – requires better assessment and preparations before it could be held, said an official.

“We are very primitive in this area, therefore we need the experience and expertise of other people and other nations before we can proceed,” said Abbas Abdulrazzaq, Sulaimaniyah culture and arts director.

“We will listen to public opinion as to how to contest should be held so that we can consider those opinions alongside international criteria required for a beauty pageant with a commitment to our culture.”

Abdulrazzaq told AKnews that another factor behind the delay was the unrest caused by protests in Sulaimaniyah earlier this year.

In February, protest erupted against the regional authorities calling for employment, better living conditions and an end to corruption and nepotism. 10 people were killed in the protests and over 200 were injured as the demonstrations turned violent and clashes broke out between protesters and security forces.

By Idris Abubakir

RY/PS

http://www.aknews.com/en/aknews/1/253583/

Picture isn't original to story... sorry, couldn't resist! :lol:

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 1

Opened the post just out of curiosity cause of the title.... and K98night, ya throwed in a funny in the middle of the serious stuff, was not disappointed!!tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif Way to go... now ya gonna announce the winner or do we have ta guess? rolleyes.gif

Opened the post just out of curiosity cause of the title.... and K98night, ya throwed in a funny in the middle of the serious stuff, was not disappointed!!tongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif Way to go... now ya gonna announce the winner or do we have ta guess? rolleyes.gif

It's the third girl on the right... the one with the burqua... :lmao:

• Upvote 2

The fact that it was delayed indicates a willingness to "americanize" thefore it indicates IMO that the RV MUST be close at hand! (Man I wish I had a sarcasm font)

When I read the title I wondered what was up, but now I see. Too funny K98! I am LMBO. I needed it on a crazy day like today. THANKS!!!!!

burka_graduation-1.jpg

That is a really creepy picture. It looks like something from an alien invasion movie. And this is what they'd have our women look like. Where I live I see this crap everyday. Pretty pathetic! :o

Your joke was very funny though!! :D:D

I think they all look HOT!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Aren't they though!!! :D

Edited by TFK

One from my private stockwacko.gifsmile.gif...... nope.. not a white owlrolleyes.gif

ROFL laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif (Just don't check my avatar's I.D.! wink.gif)

What about the one with the mouth hole cut out?

I'm surprised that didn't win you fellas over immediately.

ohmy.gif OH MY Goodness Kate! ohmy.gif ... nope, I don't even wanna go there! rolleyes.gif