Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Chapter 7 Lifted....

I agree that this NOT the official press release for exiting Chapter 7. This is a press release stating Iraq to have full sovereignty over the DFI funds. I believe that there are still questions pertaining to Kuwait antiquities, border demarcations, and the return of Kuwaiti bodies. In addition the security situation within Iraq was cited as being troubling in last UN Security Report that was completed a couple weeks ago. Now, I believe all these issues CANNOT be drug out forever...and...who knows...they may even be satisfactorily resolved this week...power and money are great motivators.

UNSC paper from June 20, 2011 Addressing CH VII

Moon recommends funding the commission until December 2011

http://daccess-dds-ny.un.org/doc/UNDOC/GEN/N11/379/46/PDF/N1137946.pdf?OpenElement

This has been posted here various times since June 20.

Psych, apologies, we are in agreement. I just chose your post to reply with the link.

Just so there are no misunderstanding, I want to make it clear that I was not, nor have I ever been disrespectful to any poster on this or any other thread. sonny1 is a respected member here at DV. However, I do not perceive this article as full release of Ch 7 sanctions. They have released all sanctions in regards to the DFI funds. This is clear from this article. Read the entire article and it is apparent that they are still negotiating on other aspects of the Ch 7 sanctions.

• Upvote 2

Im done commenting on this. How much clearer can they make it. Its like beating my head through a cinder block

Then please join me in voting 1 Star at the top; to properly denote the true significance of this thread... The article is important by all means; but, it does NOT imply what the thread states. I mean 5-stars?... Really??.,.. Thanks...

And thanks to all who posted!!!... Let's keep it real!!....

Nelson... is watching... ;)

Great post with some good news in it, sure glad the US a lot of control on what Iraq is doing with their money, and imo I don't think the US will allow Iraq to chop off 3 zeros and call it good, without any gains in their investment, imo I still believe we are still looking pretty, but I see no RV coming until a least closer to our elections time, its Obama's ace in the hole. Just some food for thought. :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If it's that simple why don't they just RV at $30,000,000,000 and then pay all their debtors off with 1 IQD?

A. Because all of the debtors would be fighting over who would accept the 1 IQD.

B. Because the debtors wouldn't be able to make change.

C. Because I would then have like a buzzillion dollars at cash-in and my taxes would be nuts.

• Upvote 1

while everyone is looking for a RV TONIGHT --I want to knowis there a cap on the 5% payments to Kuwait and Saudi Arabia[ they got to be there somewhere and just not brought forward YET]-how much over how many years?[21 billion]

I read today that Kuwait returned some of the unfortunate bodies that were caught up in saddems quest for domination--Iraq has stated that those records are non-exsistent---I truely believe this given the Gov at the time-[now they have got to pay] no one knows how many kurds were killed [genoside] either

these are all small bumps in the road compared to seating a full government--these may be the real smoke and mirrors as to buy more time!

I want the rv as much as the IRAQI population wants but they have NO IDEA just how thier life will change in the long term --they are still be looking day to day --it is not that they are stupid it is just a matter of getting used to day to day business----MUCH LIKE WE HAVE ACCEPTED!

So maybe, just maybe, I'm an idiot... but... sure this might be part of the DFI and all... but still, is it possible that since the second was a Saturday and today is a Monday (July 4th) with the UN hq being in Manhattan, NY that this has only affected Iraq and may not be released to the general public until NORMAL BUSINESS HOURS? Just a thought...

I love how my FIRST post came 7 months after I originally joined... Kinda cool.

Edited by DocM1
  • Upvote 2

Thanks for the warm welcome Design.

I have seen the hazing the FNG's recieve for the last few months.

Granted, I don't think the UN ever fully shuts down. I'm sure there are more than one site administrator world wide (and to me this seems like HQ worthy news), but with this being a holiday weekend and the majority of people off spending time with friends and family, I'm inclined to give this one a few days to hit the blotters. I would imagine most of those individuals that work at the UN HQ would probably be enjoying this weekend just as us "regular people" do. Additionally, regardless of if this is regarding the DFI funds or if its about full sanctions being lifted, this is the first time news out of Iraq has announced it as a sovereign nation from what I personally have seen. Either way, it's fantastic news, and one more positive step forward.

JMO.

Let the Hazing begin. I got my gloves on, so y'all better look out :lol:

• Upvote 1

Iraq is now in charge of its own finances. Its central bank has taken control of the DFI, which consists of an estimated $50 billion held at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, and an Iraqi Committee of Financial Experts (COFE) will play the oversight and auditing role previously performed by IAMB.

So what the heck is going on here... This articles says $50 Billion in the DFI.

Iraq's administration received two hundred and fifty billion dollars of oil money that had been under international trusteeship .. This figure, equivalent to more than three times the budget for Iraq this year, according to experts could add great strength of the financial position of Iraq on the international level. In addition, he gives the Iraqi government impetus to significant economic and freedom to choose investments that would like funding.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com.../#ixzz1RBV1xdDC

This article above says $250 Billion which you can read the article in full with the link provided. It was also dated July 04, 2011.

Then you have this:

http://www.iamb.info/pdf/DFI%2031%20December%202010%20English%20-%20Final.pdf

It says at the end of 2010 it had $7.5 Billion in the DFI and at the end of 2009 it had $9.9 Billion.

So how much is in there transferring from the DFI and which article is telling the truth??? :huh:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

A. Because all of the debtors would be fighting over who would accept the 1 IQD.

B. Because the debtors wouldn't be able to make change.

C. Because I would then have like a buzzillion dollars at cash-in and my taxes would be nuts.

F-16Pilot, if your a buzzillion, can I be your bestest friend ?

pp :P

• Upvote 2

It's the 5th. Then the 12th. Then the 15th. Then end of the month. Then beginning of the new FY.

Until Iraq seats their government, no window or prediction is going to hold much water. I'm as ready for this RV as anyone, but I'm beginning to believe these guys aren't quite ready to wear their big boy pants yet. It's a shame considering the only ones really paying for this are the people of Iraq.

• Upvote 1

Who says they have to have a full GOI to rv?

Who says they need sce min to rv?

Who says they need to be out of ch7 to rv?

and so on and so on?

Just wondering?

Basically, it seems certain rumors have been repeated so many times throughout this event that many of them have been taken on the title of 'forum fact'. Basically they come down to theories that people have put their trust in and don't tend to sway from them...

"No, sir. This is the West, sir. When the legend becomes fact, print the legend."

- Who Shot Liberty Valance