Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Cbs news article _ obama says middle east is tied to u.s. future

mariejose

Cause of the Crusades

The reason and cause of the crusades was a war between Christians and Moslems which centered around the city of Jerusalem and the Holy places of Palestine. The City of Jerusalem held a Holy significance to the Christian religion. The Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem commemorated the hill of crucifixion and the tomb of Christ's burial. Pilgrims throughout the Middle Ages made sacred pilgrimages to the Holy city of Jerusalem and the church. Although the city of Jerusalem was held by the Saracens the Christian pilgrims had been granted safe passage to visit the Holy city. In 1065 Jerusalem was taken by the Turks, who came from the kingdom of ancient Persia. 3000 Christians were massacred and the remaining Christians were treated so badly that throughout Christendom people were stirred to fight in crusades. These actions aroused a storm of indignation throughout Europe and awakened the desire to rescue the Holy Land from the grasp of the "infidel."

Cause of the Crusades - 3000 Christian Pilgrims massacred in Jerusalem

Among the early Christians it was thought a pious and meritorious act to undertake a journey to some sacred place. Especially was it thought that a pilgrimage to the land that had been trod by the feet of the Saviour of the world, to the Holy City that had witnessed his martyrdom, was a peculiarly pious undertaking, and one which secured for the pilgrim the special favor and blessing of Heaven. The Saracen caliphs, for the four centuries and more that they held possession of Palestine, pursued usually an enlightened policy towards the pilgrims, even encouraging pilgrimages as a source of revenue. But in the eleventh century the Seljukian Turks, a prominent Tartar tribe and zealous followers of Islam, wrested from the caliphs almost all their Asiatic possessions. The Christians were not long in realizing that power had fallen into new hands. 3000 Christian Pilgrims were insulted and persecuted in every way. The churches in Jerusalem were destroyed or turned into stables.

Cause of the Crusades - Religious Conviction

If it were a meritorious thing to make a pilgrimage to the Holy Sepulchre, much more would it be a pious act to rescue the sacred spot from the profanation of infidels. This was the conviction that changed the pilgrim into a warrior, this was the sentiment that for two centuries and more stirred the Christian world to its profoundest depths, and cast the population of Europe in wave after wave upon Asia.

Listen to the word that spew from the religious leader of Islam.

They preach to kill all Jews.

To them Israel is the small satan.

And the US the big satan.

There will be no peace if Isreal gives up more of thier land.

You can not negotiate with the radical Islamist.

I don't think you can sum it up any better then that dude. +1 Miss I know you feel like your getting ganged up on here. And your not half wrong. But radical Islam wants you dead

they want the Israelis dead and they will not stop or veer away from that course. Its a forever fight between the two. and israel must win .

• Upvote 4

This is once again one sided. It doesn't really matter though. Regardless of how you feel, Israel will be stopped. Cry all you want now, the tyranny is over and peace will be accomplished. =)

being so well traveled and so educated you probably know that islam considers murder an act of peace, so long as you are murdering non belivers. islam is a religion of the sick. they have all been fooled by the great deceiver (that would be satan). when they put their nasty little heads to the ground 5 times a day, that is not god they pray to. i feel sorry for them in their ignorance and i pray for thier souls.

• Upvote 7

As different as you and I most likely are, I always like your posts. Or well, almost always! The problem that I have with Israel "winning" is that it is a zero sum game. I believe that both sides can win. I do not think Israel needs to go away, I simply think they need to stop any further colonization which they are not doing.

muslims have hated the palestinains for decades and they always will in the end they will all come against Israel which is God's holy land and guess what just like what happened in the 1973 Yom Kippur war against the egyptians when they were outnumbered and outpowered they still WON!!!!!!!. Point being Muslims will try to destroy Israel and will never succeed.

• Upvote 2

As different as you and I most likely are, I always like your posts. Or well, almost always! The problem that I have with Israel "winning" is that it is a zero sum game. I believe that both sides can win. I do not think Israel needs to go away, I simply think they need to stop any further colonization which they are not doing.

Its what we all want . Peace in the middle east. But you have to look at the whole enchilada. Sometime`s I don't like what Israel pulls either . but the centuries of struggle

have mandated that they take on this aggressive persona in order for their very survival. You see the bottom line is that most Arabic countries see them as squatters and want them dead. They really wouldnt be satisfied no matter how much Israel gave in cause it would never be enough. It`s unfortunately just they way it is.

Israel has been at war with the moors for 2000 years and it`s not going to change soon. No matter how much YOU and I would like it to.

Edited by dog53

NOT in your lifetime. Israel will fight to the end if need be. Go Back to school and clap the SH$t outa your educators for preaching their liberal BS to you. Ask for a refund while your at it.

GEE, Mr. Bang...Wonder why all those educators are liberal? Universities are simply CRAWLING with liberal PhDs and all manner of professors. Does it make you wonder, Mr. Bang? They must have studied these issues you speak of for years, read, and written hundreds of books on it, lectured, listened to the best minds debate...in my English department at the university almost all professors were liberal. Only a few conservatives. Political science departments crawled with liberals. Being a liberal professor of English and creative writing, with a minor in political science / pre-law, I wonder about you, Mr. Bang...got an EMOTIONAL attachment to your "worldview"? Do you identify with it so much, when someone has a better argument than you, do you just get angry and attack? Try opening your mind instead, and wonder a bit...

Edited by hame55
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 5

AMEN, DaveJen! I could not have stated it better, so I won't try. Great post. We need to pray now more than ever before since our President has turned his back on Israel. GOD help us!

I have nothing against the Jews and Israel, but I don't owe Israel or it's people nothing. the Israeli people have never done anything for me or my family- I will not shed a tear or one drop of blood for their people. you people care about fighting and killings in the world, check out the mass killings in the congo, sierra leon...ect?

pease tell me how or why I need to defend or help the Israeli people and what will they do for America and all of it's people?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

well, Look at it this way...in 1948 when all of this bitterness started between the Israelis and the Palestinians...who fired the first shot? if you said, Palestine, you are correct. originally the plan from the British and the UN was to divide the land among them, and the Israelis didnt have much of to begin with but was happy just to get wot the got (they bought it). However, the Arabs didn't like wot was given so they invaded the newly formed Jewish state the very NEXT day the Israeli state declared their independence. the Arabs tried to retake the land by force. as a result the Israelis retaliated and seized more land than what they were given.

but any way...that all history so you can read it for yourselves. but wot-ever....thats their war...let them figure it out....i have problems of me own to worry about. :D

Edited by Shinnidan
  • Upvote 4

Yeah that sounds good and all, but it's just not true. Read the historical mentions in the bible, the Jews were righteous owners of the land, and were NOT to give it away! Our country is in big trouble now! :o

what about the Natives who were here first before Christopher Columbus invaded what we call now as America. I guess thos native red skinned folks didn't matter to the so-called pale skinned people seeking out religious and personal freedoms to only steal and enslave black skinned people from their homes and communities from their native land......hypocrits eat a $ick!

also, there is no mention of America and it's being talked about in the bible..........that says something about who the good Lord really cares about.

• Upvote 1

Have you studied your own holy book or listened to your own iman's.

I have. I wanted to find out for myself. I didn't want to believe the things I had heard. I studied, I listened, I believed. I feared for what I say is indeed is true.

The God I serve is a God of love not a god of war, a god of destruction.

Look at what is happening in the middel east today. Christians (men, women, and children) are being slaugthered as we speak. This is a religion that only wants to destroy. It does not want peace. It wants destruction.

Have you read anything on the Crusades?

• Upvote 1

I messed up! Grammatical error, I want to make sure you all know, (since I know you all care so much) that when I said "Who''s God" I meant "Whose God." (Can't edit the post)

=P

I wondered if that was what you meant.....I was just going to ask.

Most people believe in a higher power, whatever religion or power it is. Whatever we believe in, we all basically arrive come at the same bottom line. We believe, we have faith, we are all brothers and sisters.

As individuals we believe what is right for us at the time. And our neighbor believes something different, but maybe we both have to same bottom line, and if we don't have the same bottom line, that is okay too. Tolerance is what makes us bigger people. Tolerance lets us grow when we embrace other ideas and different people. Tolerance gets us out of a box with four walls, a floor and ceiling, and no way out.

Tolerance gets us out of bigotry and hating people with a different color skin or religion. Tolerance, if channeled correctly, would let neighbors lives side by side.

Do you have to love Ted Kosinski is he was your neighbor? Well, that is a tough one.

This has gotten to be a heated discussion. When you are talking about Obama, Jews and Palestinians, the bile just flows. I already posted something today that I wished I hadn't (I was not very tolerant, but she was a twit, oops).

A - this was not directed at you, I just went on a rant. Sorry. We have so much to be thankful for and look forward to, that much of our discussions seem trite.

I get the Jewish Palestinian situation, I have just never fully been able to encompass it. And it has been many decades, many decades that I have felt that way. And we wonder why the Iraq Parliament can't get it together. Geeesh!

Nigh night!

• Upvote 1

NEWS FLASH the Israeli's were their first. Take Notice that the abomination called the TEMPLE Mount is built on the JEWISH TEMPLES RUINS! Sorry but ANYONE who shells my country blows up my children and kills the innocents I would Strike with such a vengeance they would fall into the history books and be no more. If it ever came down to Israel risking annihilation in a war and they called for help I would be right up front with their troops until every last drop of my blood was GONE! Forget the rest it will not make any difference.

Don't count me out of that. I'd go and defend Israel too.

• Upvote 3

What a joke, the land was originally divided equally. The only yards that have been taken are the Palestinian's through illegal Israeli colonization.

if you check your history, jews started a fund in the late 1800's or very early 1900's to buy land in the middle east (Palestine) and they just got angry when they were kicked off land they did not own.

what about the Natives who were here first before Christopher Columbus invaded what we call now as America. I guess thos native red skinned folks didn't matter to the so-called pale skinned people seeking out religious and personal freedoms to only steal and enslave black skinned people from their homes and communities from their native land......hypocrits eat a $ick!

also, there is no mention of America and it's being talked about in the bible..........that says something about who the good Lord really cares about.

You know I hate when people talk about "the Natives before the white man came" garbage. I am part Paiute Indian...and a very rare breed left. And I'm sorry, but I live in the here and now. The past is the past and though it may not be fair and though it may hurt...it's reality and it's history and what's done is done. And what I am seeing are Palestinians or Muslims (fanatics) seeking to kill every race, every creed, every origin, every sex, every color that are not worshiping Allah and Mohammed in their religion. If you are not Muslim...if you don't fall into their brand of corruption and degradation then you're as good as garbage to them and the radicals want your blood on a silver platter. May I also remind you that nations and tribes and religions...ALL THROUGHOUT HISTORY...at one time or another have gone fanatical and have killed for their beliefs. Maybe not the majority, but enough rot in the meat to make the meat inedible. This is no different with these people...and like the rest of us throughout history that realize our mistakes...they will have to learn from their foolish mistakes.

HELLO!! Are we awake yet? Get over ancient history and get with the here and now.

Edited by aferriss
  • Upvote 4

A lot of verses in Quran has been misquoted or quoted out of context. So far..nobody ( including Muslim Imam)..not even once, have told me that as a Moslem I must kill Jews or 'infidels' . It is IMHO that Islam could not have had the huge appeal it did ~ if Muslims' first response was to kill jews.

Islam, in fact, recognizes that human beings are religiously and ethnically diverse, "For, had God so willed, He could surely have made you all one single community; however, He lets go astray him that wills [to go astray], and guides aright him that wills [to be guided]; and you will surely be called to account for all that you ever did!" (Qur'an, 16:93)

As for God ~ i believe there can only ONE GOD in this whole universe. This world would not have survived if there is one God for you, one God for me and another God for them. It is just not possible.

ONE LOVE to all.

GEE, Mr. Bang...Wonder why all those educators are liberal? Universities are simply CRAWLING with liberal PhDs and all manner of professors. Does it make you wonder, Mr. Bang? They must have studied these issues you speak of for years, read, and written hundreds of books on it, lectured, listened to the best minds debate...in my English department at the university almost all professors were liberal. Only a few conservatives. Political science departments crawled with liberals. Being a liberal professor of English and creative writing, with a minor in political science / pre-law, I wonder about you, Mr. Bang...got an EMOTIONAL attachment to your "worldview"? Do you identify with it so much, when someone has a better argument than you, do you just get angry and attack? Try opening your mind instead, and wonder a bit...

I have always felt that the reason academia is crawling with liberals is that these people have little real world experience to help mold their world views. Most of us have had to deal with the real world for many years and have drawn conclusions based on those experiences. The ivory tower syndrome tends to make people naive and see the world in simplistic terms. BanG's world views are obviously influenced by his experience in combat, which would naturally lead him to see things differently and maybe develop an emotional attachment.

I suggest that we either get back to the topic of Iraq and the dinar or move this thread somewhere else as it is obviously turning into a theological or political debate.

• Upvote 5

I have always felt that the reason academia is crawling with liberals is that these people have little real world experience to help mold their world views. Most of us have had to deal with the real world for many years and have drawn conclusions based on those experiences. The ivory tower syndrome tends to make people naive and see the world in simplistic terms. BanG's world views are obviously influenced by his experience in combat, which would naturally lead him to see things differently and maybe develop an emotional attachment.

i wasn't going to post anything until i saw this. best explanation on the liberal argument. thanks. back to the RV.

Who'd they buy it from? The imperialists that didn't belong there to begin with? D:

A,

You have a very good perception of what is going on in the part of the world. It is intriguing to discuss this matter with you, because this region is in the center stage of a major geopolitical, economic and foriegn affairs of the USA.

AMEN. When you have an anti-Christ in the White House our days are indeed numbered. Not because of the Arab world, but because of God Himself.

I just want to know if you're for real when you post stuff like this, or were you just getting ready to take your meds again and had a lapse in sanity?