Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Currency Auction CBI 5/3/2011

No, but you'd have to go back to Dec 26, 2006 to find something lower. Unfortunately, the cash/wire portions being reported separately doesn't start until what 2009?

Let's see the function of the auction is to maintain liquidity ... yet "minuscule" isn't small enough to cover today's auction ... only 6 banks participating ... oh ... and did I say yet that it is ALL CASH!

I don't know folks, but ordinarily I would advise my friends to "hold onto your skivvies boys and girls" ... while we don't know what is going to happen (although there is enough speculation to fill an aircraft carrier) ... it looks as though SOMETHING is definitely up ... what do you say ... just this once ... that we ALL believe it's the value of the IQD going up!

I know ... I know ... expecting ALL of us to believe a single thing is asking a bit much ... give it a try though, won't you?!

Peace

Doc31

I'M HOLDING MY SKIVVIES DOC!

No, but you'd have to go back to Dec 26, 2006 to find something lower. Unfortunately, the cash/wire portions being reported separately doesn't start until what 2009?

Let's see the function of the auction is to maintain liquidity ... yet "minuscule" isn't small enough to cover today's auction ... only 6 banks participating ... oh ... and did I say yet that it is ALL CASH!

I don't know folks, but ordinarily I would advise my friends to "hold onto your skivvies boys and girls" ... while we don't know what is going to happen (although there is enough speculation to fill an aircraft carrier) ... it looks as though SOMETHING is definitely up ... what do you say ... just this once ... that we ALL believe it's the value of the IQD going up!

I know ... I know ... expecting ALL of us to believe a single thing is asking a bit much ... give it a try though, won't you?!

Peace

Doc31

Thanks Doc31. I always look for your opinion when someone else comes in and puts the chart up. My thoughts only. People can copy and paste the chart, but they never give the input that you do that comes in with a plus. I appreciate that others do, but you just give that finish calculated thought :D

• Upvote 4

http://www.cbi.iq/index.php?pid=CurrencyAuctions

The latest daily currency auction was held in the Central Bank of Iraq on the 3-MAY-2011. The results were as follows:

Details Notes

Number of banks 6

Auction price selling dinar / US$ 1170

Auction price buying dinar / US$ -----

Amount sold at auction price (US$) 3,515,000

Amount purchased at Auction price (US$) -----

Total offers for buying (US$) 3,515,000

Total offers for selling (US$)

Sorry to bother, could someone please enlighten me as to why the low auctions are a good thing? Not for nothin but it would seem to me that if less banks are participating wouldn't that cause there to be less sold, and pehaps the reason there is less being sold, is the demand for them dropping off, or are banks not selling them for a negitive reason? I guess my question is, are the amounts being sold at auction lowering because the CBI or the GOI is limiting the amount sold, or is it limited because the offers for buying (i.e. Demand) for them is lower? Just questions because I'm not real knowlegable when it comes to these auctions, who sets the amounts to be sold and so on,,, If the CBI or the GOI is setting the amounts and limiting the sales then I can see this as a good thing. Please let me know. Please include where I can find the info to back it up.

Thanks!

Read more:

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

(gonna put this up again because certain people are so quick to post reactions without either reading through the prior posts, or knowing exactly why you are excited for the low auction numbers, etc...yes I did read Doc31's post...but that does NOT explain anything..."maintain liquidity" etc. is a topical explanation...pretty sad you have to be a newbie or a female or better yet have a cute avatar pic to get any love here...I think I just got an idea)...any true insight is appreciated!!! Before anyone bashes, yes I do read a ton...and I keep a word document of all good or informative posts that I've come across...and I thought I kept a thread on the importance of auctions but apparently I didn't...hence why my note below...cool.gif

Doc31 or whoever else,

Would you mind providing a cliff notes version of why this is significant? I know you mentioned to "maintain liquidity" and that "only 6 banks participated" etc., but what are the whys behind this? (even a link to a prior discussion on this - I usually save nuggets of important info I read, but must not have saved anything re: auctions and the significance behind the numbers).

We have 3 pages of people either commenting that this is good news or looking to you for your analysis...but only a very few can deconstruct the information...

Thanks,

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/64880-currency-auction-cbi-532011/page__st__40#ixzz1LJWbtPPo

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

Whoever gave me a negative for asking a simple question about the auctions,,, Why don't you offer some information since you think that I am being negative by asking honest questions? Please pardon me for wanting to know why I believe something as apposed to just believing that EVERYTHING I read means RV tomorrow! why would you NOT want to understand why this is a possitive? If you already understand this (and have factual information to back it up) and who sets the limits to be sold, then PLEASE DO SHARE! if you don't have a response to my question then don't respond.

I want this thing to RV or else why would I be here?

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 3

Lets keep up the positive momentum it's been a while, and lets hope that it was a miss print tomorrow....GOOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIIIII QQQQQQQ DDDDDDDD....... UUUUUUUUU PPPPPPPPPPP. RRRRRRRRR VVVVVVVVVVV.........

Lets keep up the positive momentum it's been a while, and lets hope that it was a miss print tomorrow....GOOOOOOOOO IIIIIIIIIIIII QQQQQQQ DDDDDDDD....... UUUUUUUUU PPPPPPPPPPP. RRRRRRRRR VVVVVVVVVVV.........

I was always thinking of a Wednesday RV!!!!!! (or thier Thursday ;)

MOST EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

&

READY FOR THIS BABY TO POP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks for the post!!!!

• Upvote 3

I BELIEVE, I BELIEVE, YES. I BELIEVE, I BELIEVE. COME ON RV. I BELIEVE GOD IS ABOUT TO POUR OUT A BLESSING THAT IS BEYOND MY IMAGINATION

Wow. No disrespect but sometimes I feel like I am at pentecostal tent meeting or a sales meeting... you decide. I may be treading on egg shells here, but I think the RV will happen even if I never ever heard of it and I could not believe but it will happen anyway. Anyways...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

Wow. No disrespect but sometimes I feel like I am at pentecostal tent meeting or a sales meeting... you decide. I may be treading on egg shells here, but I think the RV will happen even if I never ever heard of it and I could not believe but it will happen anyway. Anyways...

Kinda a stupid point to make. Not sure what your getting at. Maybe your anti-good-news or something. Anyways...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1