Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Giving Tithes and Gifts to your church after RV

Hi Dinar family…. I am very thankful to be apart of a once in a lifetime event!!! My pastor is the person who brought this great opportunity to our church and keeps everyone posted on new developments. To make a long story short, he sent us an email that stated “those of you who will be giving tithes to me personally should give it in Dinars so you will not have to pay 55 percent in gift taxes” Does any know about paying 55% in gift taxes? I give 10% tithes to my church on regular bases and at the end of the year I write it off to charity. Is this 55% due to giving a large dollar value????

Hi Dinar family…. I am very thankful to be apart of a once in a lifetime event!!! My pastor is the person who brought this great opportunity to our church and keeps everyone posted on new developments. To make a long story short, he sent us an email that stated “those of you who will be giving tithes to me personally should give it in Dinars so you will not have to pay 55 percent in gift taxes” Does any know about paying 55% in gift taxes? I give 10% tithes to my church on regular bases and at the end of the year I write it off to charity. Is this 55% due to giving a large dollar value????

HMMMM, is he asking you to tithe to him personally or to the church? My understanding is...if I give dinar to my church, I will not be taxed nor my church, of course I may be wrong, I will wait to be advised by attorney. If he is asking for you to give personally to him, then I would be questioning. I don't think I understand your question maybe and "who" is suppose to be receiving this gift. sorry

JC Anderson... unfortuneatly he wants the tithes to go to him not the church....hmmmmmmm...

Then, it is my understanding, that he would be responsible for taxes! My question is why would you give it to him? The congregation, I am sure, already pays his salary and possibly provides a place for him to live. I"M just not liking the sound of this whole scenario. How are others in your church feeling about this? Will you make him rich and then he gives back to the church and lead the flock....I don't know! I think ya'll need to take a hard look at this

Btw Snazzy, as christians, we are to have a discerning of spirit.(1Col: 12:10) Reference to the God-given ability to tell whether a prophetic speech comes from God's Spirit or from another source opposed to God. Please look at his intentions and question your preachers motives..I think that is what God would have His church to do....Pray about it and ask for wisdom.....God bless you

If you tithe you can claim it on your taxes and you will get a tax break for the amount you donate you WILL NOT have to pay a gift tax. Your church should be tax exempt and should not have to pay taxes. My mother owns a H & R block franchise and I just got off the phone with her confirming. She also stated If you gift him personally 20,000 or less he will not have to pay taxes but you will not be able to claim on your taxes.

Thanks everyone for your post...

Learning all i can... I have been praying about this and will continue... I don't have a problem giving I just dont' want to get taken advantage of....

You need to have a sit down meeting with the Pastor and all the Church Elders.

• Upvote 1

I would like to respond to this entry by stating that the tithe is never given to a Pastor nor can a Pastor accept a tithe personnally. A congregant never tithes to a Pastor, only to a church. A church member who gives a tihe or donates any amount of money to a church will receive a tax deduction when filing for the tax year in which the tithe/donation was given. Further, a tax deduction is considered by the IRS only for churches who have filed for 501 c 3 status. In other words your chuch must be on the IRS rolls in order to receive a tax deduction for your tithe/donation to the church. If you give money to a Pastor, you cannot, by law, claim it at the end of the year as a tithe/charitable donation.

Concerning the "gift tax", consider the following quote:

"The amount of the gift that triggers the gift tax is relatively high which means most people will never have to worry about it. Second, the gift tax threshold is reset annually, and is on a per-person basis. For 2010 and 2011, that individual annual amount is $13,000. So, if you have two children and you wanted to give them each $13,000 you could without triggering the gift tax. To sweeten the deal even further, the gift tax is an individual one, so if you’re married, you and your spouse can each give $13,000 to an individual each year, bringing the annual total up to $26,000.

In addition, there is a lifetime exclusion. Through the 2010 tax year your annual gift tax exclusion is $1 million. Beginning in 2011 that exclusion goes all the way up to $5 million. So, you can actually use the lifetime limit to actually give a recipient even more than the annual limit without triggering gift tax in that tax year."

I doubt that anyone giving a monetary gift to their Pastor would trigger the "gift tax" as defined above.

Giving Dinar as a gift, as opposed to USD, before or after the RV is...well obvious, as the eventual RV will spell out the difference in the value of the gift.

Dr Bob....Good information...

I emailed my pastor to find out what he meant by "those of you who will be giving tithes to me personally should give it in Dinars" and he responded with "this is spoil tithes and is heaved up to your Priest ( Set Man ), Genesis 14......you will only pay one tithe to me, and not to the church! If you payed in cash you would pay a 55 percent gift tax to the IRS, by giving me Dinars there is no taxation to you!"

So the bottom line is I'm gonna give my tithes to the church!!!!

The end

WOW!!

Best case scenario: I HOPE he was JOKING and that you didn't get it.

Worst case scenario: He is FLEECING his FLOCK!!!

If your gut (intuition, the spirit, whatever you call it) is telling you something doesn't seem right, LISTEN TO THAT!!!

• Upvote 1

If you pastor wants you to give dinars to him rather than the church, you should consider finding a different church. That would be like giving your dinar to Jerry Lewis rather than his telethon.

Sounds like he wants to take all the money he can and use the basis of the church to avoid taxes. Sounds like a real standup guy. Next time you go to church he will probably catch on fire.

Edited by KramerDinar
  • Upvote 1

WOW, really WOW! How can the head of a church act in this way! If what I am reading is correct, he wants you to give him money directly...which is opposite of the whole notion of tithe. angry.gif

I am glad that you were able to see the real "beast" come out. PLEASE donate to your church, and not to him directly!

Many Blessings>>

Snazzy, I am a pastor and have told a few others in our congregation about this investment. Some have invested and I can tell you that I would not accept a single dinar from any one of them under any circumstance. I expect that all of them will tithe to the church or some other worthy ministry. Unless there has been a misunderstanding I think you need to find a church that is led by a man of integrity.

Blessings.

• Upvote 2

TKeaton has a good idea but none of us know your pastor nor do we know how long you have been a Christian. I would advise you to take a good look at 1 Ti. 3: 1-8.

Then, take somew time to pray and see if your pastor fits the qualifications. It doesn't sound very consistent to a man leading and nourishing his flock.

God - others - self

• Upvote 2