Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Giving Tithes and Gifts to your church after RV

TKeaton/Old Constipate...I've been a christine for a while now... I recently joined this church about 10 months ago... Leaving a Penecostal church of (20yrs... so I"m not a baby) to joining an Apostolic ministry has been quite different in many ways...

It breaks my heart to no end to think that my pastor is shady in his dealing with the members... He is human and I have to keep that in the forefront of my mind. I really feel if I talked to him about this I would be looked at as a rebellious person. I would rather not say anything and just watch and see what happens....

We haven't RV'd yet and her we go with craziness!!

The End!!!!

TKeaton/Old Constipate...I've been a christine for a while now... I recently joined this church about 10 months ago... Leaving a Penecostal church of (20yrs... so I"m not a baby) to joining an Apostolic ministry has been quite different in many ways...

It breaks my heart to no end to think that my pastor is shady in his dealing with the members... He is human and I have to keep that in the forefront of my mind. I really feel if I talked to him about this I would be looked at as a rebellious person. I would rather not say anything and just watch and see what happens....

We haven't RV'd yet and her we go with craziness!!

The End!!!!

Since you aren't a Baby Christian, you really need to speak with him, because there are more people involved in this than just you and him and he shouldn't be allowed to do to others what he attempted to do with you. You need to protect the Baby Christians who may fall away as the result.(Matthew 18:15-17, 1 Tim 3:3, 1 Cor 5:12, Eph 5: 1-14, Rom 16:17, 1 Peter 5, 2 Cor 2)

-

• Upvote 1

I don't want to prolone this post...However...(MARKINSA.. Thanks for the scripts) You're right it is bigger than me... The Apostles tied to our church instructed there people in this direction also"Giving the tithes to them personally"... I really dont' want to be the person to go against the grain in speaking out.... I will stay prayerful for discernment..

THE END!!!

GO RV

Oh my... You're right... With all humility I need to ask you, how can you be quiet, when The Word is yelling at you about how wrong this is? (No need to answer here) This is stealing the Lord's tithe... Now, I suggest you find another Chrisitian Based Charity and tithe to that and not your Church. You and your Church are in my prayers.

-

Snazzy you have been given a lot of great counsel on this thread. You should be doing one of two things right now.

1. Imeediately confronting this issue with the Elders of your congregation.

or

2. Running like your head is on fire as fast and as far away from this church.

Don't allow yourself to be swayed by a slick talking, verse referencing charlatan. Remember, Satan can quote the Bible better than any human alive or dead.

Sorry just sounds to me like your pastor worships benjamin Franklin more then he does Jesus So go ahead and give me some more negitives.

But a spade is a spade. And if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck. Then guess what . It must be a freaking duck. Just saying

• Upvote 2

Giving a bit back is a great idea...but it does not HAVE to be to a church. That's for people with no imagination...

How about you set up a special "college" for under-priveleged people, where they can be exposed to great thinkers and motivators...teach them how to make the most of their lives.

there was a local church which asked for donations, so they could build the tallest church building in the Southern Hemisphere...all glass on the outside, so it would look like crystal.

i said "WOW!!....how about you guys use your money to actually help the people on the street have a better life?? they looked at me as if i was insane...and replied: "But can't you see how such a building would glorify God...and be a great testiment to his greatness?"

WOW! God doesn't need a building....His favourite building is....YOU...

Luke Ch17 Vs21

I will give to a church, when the vatican shares their trillions of dollars worth of wealth with their flock.

it's known as cognitive dissidence...a.k.a. DOUBLE SPEAK...on the one hand a church preaches charity...but on the other hand, they gather riches unto themselves and store them up in vaults.

another classic example of cognitive dissidence....when a government says: "We're gonna send the military over there to "FIGHT for PEACE".

impossible...but that kind of thinking is always great business for Haliburton, yes? anyhoo...I'm drifing off the subject...

just my usual :twocents: worth

Elmstreet,

Your statement, "Giving a bit back is a great idea...but it does not HAVE to be to a church. That's for people with no imagination." shows that you either do not know any Christians or that you have had contact with "bad" Christians. Either way your comment offended me.

Those of us that tithe to a church do so out of free will. We believe what we believe because we have faith in God and a Savior that loves us unconditionally when we do not deserve it. I tithe as an act of worship and I do so with a joyful heart.

I absolutely agree with you on your point about church's that spend God's money on lavish and ridiculous items that do not aid our fellow main or further the kingdom of God.

Not to wave my own flag but I have also gifted IQD to Wounded Warriors, YoungLife, a local pregnancy center and a ministry that helps struggling marriages. I am also excited about the future giving that I will be able to do as a result of this investment.