Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

UN Operational Rates of Exchange – Update

Jrod007

This is from DD, just wanted your opinions, let me know what you think. I looked it up and it's true that the Iraqi Dinar is not there yet. What do you think?

* UN Operational Rates of Exchange – Update

February 25, 2011 02:55 pm · Posted in CHATS & POSTS (Iraqi Dinar Info) · Comments Off

TIDBIT: Sent to me by Candi… Her notes below… – DD

Candi Notes:

Check out the UN operational rates of exchange!!!!

https://treasury.un.org/operationalrates/OperationalRates.aspx

Yahoooo!! I just went to check out the UN operational rates of exchange and they have the Mar 1 2011 changes for lots of countries including Viet Nam!!!! I think they just haven’t posted the amount for Iraq!! So I am guessing it is going to go into effect the same!!!!! I don’t think anyone has noticed yet, or maybe they have posted this, but sooooo exciting!!!!!

You click on the box that says

Rates changed since 01 Feb 2011 then it shows all the ones including the dong that is changing the March 1. They are not showing the dinar yet, but this is the basket that we have been waiting for right???

Candi

• Upvote 1

Don't know. Q: Why would the UN forgo publishing the Iraqi rate? I find it hard to believe that the UN would conceal a rate for a country, if the currency is one that can be traded. I have very little knowledge about the currency market, but if the UN is not publishing a value for the IQD, then perhaps this means the IQD is not ready for its debut on the world market. Just a thought.

• Upvote 3

WOW !! All the gurus & their super awesome contacts are wrong again!!!

I guess those contacts that were to go into effect MANY times now, that are once again to start tomorrow....will be using the new rate of 1170!

According to the UN site, the Dinar rate 1175 will become 1170 & will be published March 1st.

Lets just focus on articles from now on......the gurus know nothing!!

Thanks for the post......one more rumor debunked!!

Dan

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I guess those contacts that were to go into effect MANY times now, that are once again to start tomorrow....will be using the new rate of 1170!

According to the UN site, the Dinar rate 1175 will become 1170 & will be published March 1st.

Dan

This isn't a rumor. This is a fact. Check the link. I did find out the reason why, though. Iraq cannot trade on world markets yet, I forgot, sorry. So it would not be on this list. We are nearing the RV though, fear not!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Silly speculators!!

2010!!!!!

Sadly, this throws people off who follow it... Because they're mistaking that 2010 was the last change...

A sneaky way to find out we were nearing a 1 year anniversary of that value huh?

Notice the frequency of change of rates in years prior... Numerous times per year... I doubt it ever went more than a year straight w/o a change of value.

This pegged 1170 rate has been steady for quite sometime. I hope the next change is a rather larger jump. Like RV level jump...

Think of it as a coil winding up ready to release... That's my thoughts. :P

Looks like bad news to me.

If the rate is:

Iran IRR Iranian Rial 10,290.0 01 Mar 2011 History

Iraq IQD Iraqi Dinar 1,170.0 01 Mar 2010 History

You can see they have updated the rate for Iran for 1 Mar 2011... So this would mean Iraq has yet to RV. Now this is not the final post.. Final post will be on March 1st, so I guess you will have to wait and see what Mar 1 is.

"The Operational Rates of Exchange were last updated for the effective date of 01 Mar 2011 and thereafter until further notice."

Looks like bad news to me.

If the rate is:

Iran IRR Iranian Rial 10,290.0 01 Mar 2011 History

Iraq IQD Iraqi Dinar 1,170.0 01 Mar 2010 History

You can see they have updated the rate for Iran for 1 Mar 2011... So this would mean Iraq has yet to RV. Now this is not the final post.. Final post will be on March 1st, so I guess you will have to wait and see what Mar 1 is.

"The Operational Rates of Exchange were last updated for the effective date of 01 Mar 2011 and thereafter until further notice."

Not real sure on how that works...

But, I wonder for anyone who follows M.E. currencies - if the IRR update, how much did it fluctuate by? Anything large #??

Or just a change big enough to be worthy of stating..

I think we could hear a change from CBI prior to the UN site, but the UN site is to reflect when we'll see any official posting of it.

Who knows, I am still learning myself.

Dan

1170 is heading in the right direction isn't it?

I don't care if it takes 10 years to get to be worth $.30 in U.S. dollars per IQD I invested what equates to less than it costs for Fast food for a month for my family to buy our dinar. I served over 21years in The Marines and retired as an E8/Master Sergeant and it was not enough for my family to live off. If it takes 21 years for the IQD TO BE worth just $.30 in USD per dinar I bought my family will be set for the rest of our lives and will not miss that month of Fast food we gave up at all :tiphat:

I don't care about the any day now rumors "it will" eventually Rv is all that matters to me.

Just a thought.....the Dong is posted as changing again on the first of this month and it was devalued on a day other then the 15th or 1st of last month. Very possible, (small chance) that they would hold out and not post it as it would allow many to stock up on the dinar, but remember, we still don't officially have a Gov.

smile.gifLadies and Gentleman...Let me explain. The operational exchange rates have a posting date and an effective date. They will be posted and effective AFTER the rate exchange has already taken place. So in effect you will be getting information on the UN site that has already taken place.

Why? Because if they posted the rates and then the exchange took place afterwards, thousands of investors would simply go to the site, see which curriencies were going down or up and buy or sell accordingly. It would amount to insider trading and people would make millions. So, sit back and enjoy the ride. That's all you can do. smile.gif

• Upvote 1

Please remember, the RV can happen at any time and not when the UN is going to publish their rates of exchange. If the RV were to happen prior to the 1st of March, it would be noted on the next release date on March 15th. If not before the 15th of March, than the 1st of April and so on. Really, IMO, this has no bearing on the potential for an RV because these rates state what they currently are and not what they will be at some point in the future.