Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Could not have been said any better. Just one bit of hype and wrong info after another. Everyone that is invested wants this thing to move forward but it will only happen when the powers to be in Iraq see fit for it to happen. With all their weekly holidays this may take much longer than we had hoped. Just be patient.

• Upvote 4

Aswat Al Iraq / Politics , Baghdad

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government approves 2011 budget – spokesman

2/6/2011 4:22 PM

BAGHDAD / Aswat al-Iraq: Spokesman of the Iraqi government said on Sunday that the government approved the 2011 federal budget with 96.6 trillion Iraqi dinars.

“The Council of Ministers approved the federal budget of 2011 during an extraordinary session at 96.6 trillion dinars,” Ali al-Dabbagh said in a statement received by Aswat al-Iraq news agency.

“The operational budget is 66.6 trillion dinars, while the investment budget is 30 trillion dinars,” he added.

“The outcome is 80.9 trillion dinars after exporting 2.2 million barrels at a price of 76.5 dollar per barrel, including 100,000 barrels export from Kurdistan,” he explained, pointing out that the deficit reached 15.7 trillion dinars.

“The finance minister has been authorized to borrow 4.5 billion dollars from, the international Monetary Fund, in addition to 2 billion dollars from the World Bank,” he said.

SH (TP)/SR

Number of Reads: 13949

Print version

• Upvote 1

I wonder if budget approval news was released to disway protesters. The government knuckle heads are playing with fire over there and I have a feeling the Iraqi people are going to be very upset. The Middle East is a house of cards right now and Iraq one of the most vulnerable.

• Upvote 1

Yesterday we had at least two different posts stating the budget was approved. Today we get the budget is still a week or so away. We also had people posting that high level officials were being flown in, tv's were being set up for a big announcement. I have come to the conclusion that none of you really have good sources. A good source can't really be wrong every single week. The best thing to do is sit back and wait until the iraqi's announce the RV themselves, because it is crystal clear none of you really have a clue when it is going to happen. Well, except every monday that is.

The budget is approved, also accepted by the kurds. You will not see anything about an R.V. in the budget. It will be passed by parliament. I really don't think most of you realize the budget is only a guideline. If you are waiting for parliament to approve it and expect to see an R.V. you will be disappointed again. Some people here can't just accept slow progress because your in a big hurry to buy a porsche. I suggest you do your own research, find your own news and stop slamming people here that take the time to search and post good information that is found. Every single news agency out there confirms the passing of the budget. Now un-wad your panties and take some good solid progress have a cup of coffee and for Gods sake smile. ;)

Edit: http://www.inciraq.com/pages/view_page.php?id=49469 Don't worry, parliment will pass it. You will not see the R.V. then either. So don't be mad when you don't.

Edited by hammy
  • Upvote 11

07/02/2011 : History

Parliament postponed the second reading of the budget bill to the next Sunday

Alsumaria News

Voice of the Iraqi parliament on Monday to postpone the second reading of the draft federal budget law for the current year to the next meeting next Sunday, for the non-arrival of law after the amendments by the government, while the source confirmed that the Council added to today's meeting to discuss the ration card and the high grain prices.

A source in the Information Service of the Council of Representatives in an interview with "Alsumaria News", "The House of Representatives voted unanimously at its 30, which was held this morning, chaired by President of parliament, Osama Najafi and the presence of 260 deputies to postpone the second reading of the draft federal budget law for the current year 2011, to the next meeting to be held next Sunday the 13 of February now, "attributing the cause" to the non-arrival of the budget law of prime minister after making adjustments to it. "

The source, who requested anonymity, that "the Presidency of the parliament added another paragraph to the agenda of today's meeting includes discussion of the ration card and the high grain prices."

The Council of Representatives of Iraq, this morning, its the 30, headed by Speaker Osama Najafi and the presence of 260 deputies, to present the draft law the Supreme Judicial Council by the Legal Committee for first reading and second reading of the draft federal budget law for 2011 after the addition of amendments.

The Iraqi government confirmed, on Sunday, the current year budget modified after an increase of three billion dollars to be worth 81.9 billion dollars, a deficit of value of $ 13.3 billion, with government spokesman Ali al-Dabbagh's "Alsumaria News", the Council of Ministers granted the Minister of Finance to borrowing from the World Bank and International Monetary Fund.

The Cabinet decided at its regular meeting held on 26 of the last month, to approve the allocation of $ 900 million to buy aircraft, F 16, under the amendments contained in the draft budget bill for 2011, also agreed to amend the price of a barrel of oil to 76.5 dollars, and by two million and two hundred thousand barrels per day.

The Cabinet approved, on Sunday, the general budget for 2011 modified after an increase of three billion dollars to be worth 81.9 billion dollars with a deficit of 13.3 billion dollars will be covered by the amounts retained from the previous year's budget and borrow internally and externally, noting that the total revenue estimator, 68, $ 6 billion while operating expenses, ie salaries and wages in particular, by $ 56.4 billion, while the capital expenditures $ 25.4 billion, also pointed out that the calculation of income resulting from export of crude oil at a rate of 76.5 dollars per barrel at a rate of 2.0002 million barrels per day, including 100 thousand barrels of the Kurdistan region.

And got "Alsumaria News" middle of last month, the amended version of the draft General Budget Law of the Federal Republic of Iraq for the Financial Year 2011, as amended, after the addition of the final cost of speculative to host the Arab summit conference in Baghdad.

• Upvote 1

Please, someone reading this tell me what you expect the budget to do? I have heard here several times "No budget, No R.V." I think everyone expects to see an R.V. when it gets passed. Not the job of a budget. Anyone out there in business that does a budget every year? I do one, it never changed the value of the money I expect to come in or what I budget to do with it. Does not change the fact I may end the year in the RED (bad budget) or if I end the year in the BLACK (good budget)

Edited by hammy
  • Upvote 1

The budget is approved, also accepted by the kurds. You will not see anything about an R.V. in the budget. It will be passed by parliament. I really don't think most of you realize the budget is only a guideline. If you are waiting for parliament to approve it and expect to see an R.V. you will be disappointed again. Some people here can't just accept slow progress because your in a big hurry to buy a porsche. I suggest you do your own research, find your own news and stop slamming people here that take the time to search and post good information that is found. Every single news agency out there confirms the passing of the budget. Now un-wad your panties and take some good solid progress have a cup of coffee and for Gods sake smile. wink.gif

Edit: http://www.inciraq.c...ge.php?id=49469 Don't worry, parliment will pass it. You will not see the R.V. then either. So don't be mad when you don't.

Just to set the record straight Hammy, I am in no hurry to run out and buy a Porshe! I want a Jag.biggrin.gif

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just to set the record straight Hammy, I am in no hurry to run out and buy a Porshe! I want a Jag.biggrin.gif

Those are nice too, but I think you know what I meant. Not saying everyone feels that way, but too many do. Look at the negative posts above. Newbies that have been here for 2 weeks. Take the negative comments from the source that they are coming from, they IMO "Don't have a clue". I'm just saying.

• Upvote 2

Right there with ya, Red. Although I've been spying the Lamborghini Gallardo Superveloce with Versace interior. I'm gonna pass on the 'Nero' paint job though, trying to get all the mosquitos and bugs out of a paint job that nice is probably worth more than the paint itself!!! But back to the article at hand, I don't think that the budget IS the catalyst but one of the factors needed. I'm pretty sure that the GOI has to be FULL and proven competent before any RV is to occur. With that said, we may be here a while longer. However, there's the Arab League Summit, yeah Arab bigshot politicians having a meeting about a meeting for another meeting, in March. I suspect that with the unrest in the Middle East that Iraq is going to have to step up their game and pretty darn quickly. By the way, has anyone heard any status about those 2,000 or so police officer been trained in Iraq? Once the new recruits are trained and proven effective and Maliki fills the remaining seats, that will be more of an indicator than the budget. IMHO, More police=more security, more security=more stability. That could fulfill Shabs request for a more secure and stable country to handle the RV... Maybe I'm out on a limb here...

• Upvote 1

BS,More excuses, first budget, now parliament, what next FOGHORN LEGHORN need to approve something, now boy here's your rv, yup it it sounds more believable from a cartoon.

Coyote, perhaps you did not see Hammy's post above. Perhaps you should reread it. I have posted it below for your convenience:

The budget is approved, also accepted by the kurds. You will not see anything about an R.V. in the budget. It will be passed by parliament. I really don't think most of you realize the budget is only a guideline. If you are waiting for parliament to approve it and expect to see an R.V. you will be disappointed again. Some people here can't just accept slow progress because your in a big hurry to buy a porsche. I suggest you do your own research, find your own news and stop slamming people here that take the time to search and post good information that is found. Every single news agency out there confirms the passing of the budget. Now un-wad your panties and take some good solid progress have a cup of coffee and for Gods sake smile. ;)

Edit: http://www.inciraq.c...ge.php?id=49469 Don't worry, parliment will pass it. You will not see the R.V. then either. So don't be mad when you don't.

Read more:

• Downvote 1

We need to remember that the owners of these Dinar sites have contracts with Web based ad companies and such. The owners probably get paid on the number of hits per day. Hence, bullshit rumors that fly in everyday. It's a soap opera that needs to be followed daily. Hence, how these guys make their money consistently. My industry is not computers, but I would imagine that is how contracts look like in this landscape.

• Upvote 1

We need to remember that the owners of these Dinar sites have contracts with Web based ad companies and such. The owners probably get paid on the number of hits per day. Hence, bullshit rumors that fly in everyday. It's a soap opera that needs to be followed daily. Hence, how these guys make their money consistently. My industry is not computers, but I would imagine that is how contracts look like in this landscape.

Absolutely right on. Something many don't know and should.

BS,More excuses, first budget, now parliament, what next FOGHORN LEGHORN need to approve something, now boy here's your rv, yup it it sounds more believable from a cartoon.

Boy, I SAY BOY ... if you're gonna quote Foghorn Leghorn, do it RIGHT, boy!

Very funny reference, thanks for the memories.

:)

smee2

• Upvote 1

Edit: http://www.inciraq.com/pages/view_page.php?id=49469 Don't worry, parliment will pass it. You will not see the R.V. then either. So don't be mad when you don't.

I've always felt that the budget approval didn't correlate to a RV to follow-up.

If the budget was going to leak a RV-rate, they would likely RV prior the passing the budget.

The budget can also likely be amended.

If you were to wish to focus on more pertinent details regarding the RV... Here are some of the things I would find truth behind:

*** Full seated Government (Does this include the Ministery of Security??)

*** CH. 7 Sanctions: Are they fully lifted? Are debts paid to Kuwait? What about other debts?

I'm going to speculate differently with the mass-confusion on the Budget showing/seeming to be approved over not being true.

Why are we hearing two stories from the Media? Smoke & Mirrors? I don't know!!! Bad translations? Maybe...

Lets follow up with the budget passing..... Is Oil in Kurdistan flowing & being exported? I would assume the budget would need to be passed prior to this happening.

Hmmm - back to research!

The TVs being set up were for the Superbowl - and the high level officials being flown in were NFL players there to visit the troops. There's some good news and bad news to this. First the good news - The local HIGH LEVEL SOURCES being quoted were right about the bleachers and TVs; GOOD INTEL - Now the bad news - Locals in Iraq have no clue who the Steelers or Packers are or anything about some American Traditions. This is to be expected. I personally have a bit more faith in "some peoples" intel now. Though they suffer from the same afliction that all of us do; and that is the analysis of intel coming from Iraq.

Go RV!!!

I have a suggestion for those that want to whine about bad intel................quit reading it! Or at least go somewhere else to cry about it. Nobody knows when this thing is going to RV. And nobody really knows what happens in parliament right now. All we know is what they tell us in the media, which they control. We all know that.........so get over it. Just because some people feel compelled to continue to make predictions based on what they read or hear, so what? They're just doing what they need to do to make this investment make sense, and most people appreciate the effort. Like mama used to say, "You got the same pants to get happy in!" :D

• Downvote 1

I read this article, as did many, and there is NO mention of a 2nd or 3rd reading of the budget. It just says it was approved. How is it bad intel?? The "intel gurus" said the budget would be passed and that's what the newspaper says. It's very possible (probable) that the Iraqi government just tells us what they think the public wants to hear to keep the heat off of them.

In Egypt, 2 TV news reporters quit their jobs because the "powers that be" told them NOT to report what was really going on there. I'm willing to bet that Iraq handles business the same way.

• Upvote 1

I agree that the major newspapers are saying the budget has passed. I am going out on a limb here and hoping that the intel we are supposedly getting from high up sources is not the newspaper. Otherwise, we can all read. But we get a lot of posts from people with supposed sources that say one thing as we are reading it didn't happen. I am sure this sunday something new is about to break open and we will see the RV on the 14th. I guess the chinese didn't get their way with february 7th.