Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

2011 Budget Meeting Postponed Until Tomorrow

rdb

Tuesday, February 1st 2011

A member of the parliamentary Finance Committee said on Tuesday that the meeting scheduled for today to discuss the federal budget has been postponed until tomorrow because the minister of Agriculture was unable to attend.

The Finance Committee are planning to assess the monetary needs of the Agriculture ministry in order to allocate appropriate funds to ensure the development of the Iraqi agricultural sector.

The Kurdistan Blocs Coalition (KBC)’s Najeebeh Najib told AKnews that the committee has agreed that some allocations within the 2011 budget could be transferred without making an impact.

The committee will rebalance the government’s budget over the next two days and then return it to parliament for ratification.

http://www.aknews.com/en/

This means Wed. and Thur. to talk some more, Friday and Saturday off, and the soonest they look at it is Sunday. Sunday, at the best, would only be a second reading. More discussions and problems next week, I'm sure.

That, or (as I would prefer) it's just another smokescreen of disinformation?

This means Wed. and Thur. to talk some more, Friday and Saturday off, and the soonest they look at it is Sunday. Sunday, at the best, would only be a second reading. More discussions and problems next week, I'm sure.

i posted a article yesterday, that stated the budget was read for a second time already, so this postponed budget reading should be the third and final one. according to the article of course. I think it is the final reading, because he mentioned ratifying the budget after this reading, all news is contradictory, but lets hope this is it.

Shouldn't they almost have the 2012 budget done about now? This is like trying to figure out how much "house" you can afford after you already bought one. I just find it amazing that we're into the 2nd month of the year already and they dont even know what they can spend this year!

This is like trying to figure out how much "house" you can afford after you already bought one. I

Yes, and we know what kind of trouble that brought on America. Our nation is on the verge of collapse because we have gone so far in debt we can no longer see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Shouldn't they almost have the 2012 budget done about now? This is like trying to figure out how much "house" you can afford after you already bought one. I just find it amazing that we're into the 2nd month of the year already and they dont even know what they can spend this year!

Sound familiar? Can u say US Govt! I agree I can't run my business that way. What can we do but watch & wait?

• Upvote 1

Okay...this really doesn't surprise me, but it does get frustrating. Sometimes I think if they poot wrong they use it as an excuse to take time off. Right now, I'm sitting at work in the middle of blizzard conditions....I think I have a better excuse than they do to go home and stay home. UGH!! Excuses, excuses. <_<

i posted a article yesterday, that stated the budget was read for a second time already, so this postponed budget reading should be the third and final one. according to the article of course. I think it is the final reading, because he mentioned ratifying the budget after this reading, all news is contradictory, but lets hope this is it.

I tend to agree with you. This article is saying one more reading and then ratification. That would make this the third and final reading.

• Upvote 2