Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

KWD exchange rate With IQD

kikki

right i just saw that... my bad sorry

Currency Auctions

Announcement No. (1811)

The latest daily currency auction was held in the Central Bank of Iraq on the 11-JAN-2011. The results were as follows:

Details Notes

Number of banks 21

Auction price selling dinar / US$ 1170

Auction price buying dinar / US$ -----

Amount sold at auction price (US$) 227,896,000

Amount purchased at Auction price (US$) -----

Total offers for buying (US$) 227,896,000

Total offers for selling (US$) -----

Exchange rates

Dollar's exchange rates / in Baghdad markets

front page there were rates posted for these countries with the --- in it

Currency Code Sell Buy

US dollar USD 1170.000 1168.000

Euro EUR 1509.651 1508.896

British pound GBP 1815.606 1814.698

Canadian dollar CAD ------ ------

Swiss franc CHF 1211.055 1210.449

Swedish krona SEK 169.014 168.930

Norwegian krone NOK 195.842 195.744

Danish krone DKK 202.654 202.552

Japanese yen JPY ------ ------

Special

Drawing Rights SDR 1782.671 1781.779

Indicative rates - 11.01.2011

I'm trying to find the info if the Doha bank in new York has the same exchange rate for the Kuwait dinat against the IQD??? :unsure:

If this is true I will be getting my friend in the USA to cash some dinar and wait for it to go up. :)

Go RV 2011 !!!!

P.S Like I said, I highly doubt that any bank big or small would make a serious typo like that on their website as I could take them up on the rate stated.

• Upvote 1

I'm trying to find the info if the Doha bank in new York has the same exchange rate for the Kuwait dinat against the IQD??? :unsure:

If this is true I will be getting my friend in the USA to cash some dinar and wait for it to go up. :)

Go RV 2011 !!!!

P.S Like I said, I highly doubt that any bank big or small would make a serious typo like that on their website as I could take them up on the rate stated.

100 Wall Street

New York

NY - 10005

United States of America

Tel : + (1) 212 509 4030 Ext 2001

Tel : + (1) 212 509 4057

Fax : + (1) 212 509 4970

SWIFT CODE : DOHBUS33

Mob : + (1) 646 704 9384

Email : ckkrishnan@dohabank.com.qa

IF DOHA did make a mistake on the IQD rate, they have let it slide for a second day, they have updated to 1/11/2011 and still show the .1 for the IQD, let this play out and see what happens, it looks good, but we have been disappointed before and should all be keeping our gaurds up.

if this is even real... then their trying to sucker people in to get the dinar back to iraq or whatever who knows. this could be bait.... i say 48-72hrs we have a RV my opinion...

• Upvote 1

100 Wall Street

New York

NY - 10005

United States of America

Tel : + (1) 212 509 4030 Ext 2001

Tel : + (1) 212 509 4057

Fax : + (1) 212 509 4970

SWIFT CODE : DOHBUS33

Mob : + (1) 646 704 9384

Email : ckkrishnan@dohabank.com.qa

This Person works for the Qatar branch, is there anyone in NY that works for the Kuwait branch?

if this is even real... then their trying to sucker people in to get the dinar back to iraq or whatever who knows. this could be bait.... i say 48-72hrs we have a RV my opinion...

This Person is works for the Qatar branch, is there anyone in NY that works for the Kuwait branch?

Edited by Lilalbertus

This Person is works for the Qatar branch, is there anyone in NY that works for the Kuwait branch?

no idea... thats what was posted earlier... the qatar is the main one they said? but idk... call over there lol... i believe the number is in the posts but youll have to go back to like page 11 forward...

Has anyone though about cashing out at .35 and then taking that money to buy more dinar from the bank or a trade being that there at the same price? (100,000 for 220USD)

dont even know FOR SURE if thats true... if it is then its bait... and dont go for it... im not.... but its your dinar do what you please... call over there and see if its true...

Well I live in NYC and if there is anything cooking in the next few hours in the middle east, ill call up the wall street branch & personally take a trip.

heck yeah!!!!! email me when you do... you should go up there anyways and get to the bottom of it... email me when you do... kevin.martin@ttu.edu

ep, exactly what I suggested days ago regarding secondary markets for the dinar being opened just before the RV. It is just common business operational activity. If you know something is going to rise in value...offer the product at a slightly higher rate, accumulate the product and to sell later at the eventual increased rate. Looks good for a imminent RV in my opinion....Looks like the end is near...Go RV!

• Upvote 4

ep, exactly what I suggested days ago regarding secondary markets for the dinar being opened just before the RV. It is just common business operational activity. If you know something is going to rise in value...offer the product at a slightly higher rate, accumulate the product and to sell later at the eventual increased rate. Looks good for a imminent RV in my opinion....Looks like the end is near...Go RV!

This may sound really stupid, but if that is the case (they know it's going to rise), why wouldnt DOHA buy more dinar at 1168 to $1 using the same means we're all using instead of shelling out $.35 per dinar "knowing" that it'll RV. Just a thought.

• Upvote 1

This may sound really stupid, but if that is the case (they know it's going to rise), why wouldnt DOHA buy more dinar at 1168 to $1 using the same means we're all using instead of shelling out $.35 per dinar "knowing" that it'll RV. Just a thought.

bingo no one will R V iqd before they do

Edited by rocketman2010

Sorry but Iraq has stopped all IQD from leaving Iraq so what is out there is out there.

If Doha bank knows it is about to RV it would be smart for them to do this.

Edited by jack
  • Upvote 3

WOW THAT IS WILD!

Why would they put the rate and then unlist it?

I was right at the edge of very excited.

I am really wondering what is going on ??! Anyone have any answer about how the DOHAbank Site had the exchange rate and now it is gone?

Incredible....

THANK YOU

WOW THAT IS WILD!

Why would they put the rate and then unlist it?

I was right at the edge of very excited.

I am really wondering what is going on ??! Anyone have any answer about how the DOHAbank Site had the exchange rate and now it is gone?

Incredible....

THANK YOU

Why would they remove it and not just correct it?

"D"

• Upvote 2

i just spoke with a rep at dohan bank .. she said yes they have a live rate. this is how she explained it.. first you have to convert the IQD to Kawait dinar (1,000,000 IQD = 100,000 Kwait dinars ... 100,000 kwait dinars = $352,982.00 us dollars ) 100% confirmed .. this is the number i called 011965229172222 push option #2, then opition #0 to speake with live rep. please soe one tell me im not the only one doing the happy dance!!!

I called this number. I just got off the phone with them. First of all, it's a legitimate bank phone number but the guy who I was connected to I could hardly understand and I don't think he could understand me very well either. I told him I wanted to exchange my Iraqi dinar for the Kuwait dinar and can I do that at their bank. After repeating myself about five times (still not sure if he understood me) he finally said No. They do not exchange the Iraqi dinar. I recorded the entire thing. I will be posting it to You Tube within the hour and will post the link here. Stay tuned.

all those thinking of flying there .... please be patient ... i would hate to see someone spend money they don't need to be spending to get there on a 9 hr flight only to be told it was an error

And why not wait another week to see what the value is then. It almost takes a week to get there and back anyway.

Don't be in such a hurry that you miss an even bigger opportunity. Although, it does sound like fun!

I posted my info around 2AM this morning but am reposting. I personally called the Kuwati branch of that bank and was told in no uncertain terms, "NO WE DO NOT TRADE THE IRAQUI DINAR". Believe me, no one could be more dissapointed than me, but I did make the call, and that is what I was told.

I have never seen a dumber bunch of people in my life. Honestly, this is turning into a comedy website. Anyone with half a brain knows the CBI website is the official source of the rate compared against the US dollar. It has not changed.

Let me make this crystal clear. IF THE CENTRAL BANK OF IRAQ DOES NOT CHANGE IT'S RATE, THEN RATES AT ANY OTHER BANK IN THE WORLD MEANS ABSOLUTELY NOTHING. GOT IT! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

Geeze! No wonder American test scores keep dropping.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 13