Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A REAL CALL FROM IRAQ!!

OLDBROWN

I just think it is funny how everyone has a buddy or some contact, like any of this news is just hanging on posters in the street. Chances are until it is announced and in the news in Iraq, every post on here is just someone making **** up and passing it along; for what purpose I still have not figured out. I mean making up a story of a RV happening yesterday, or someone at the bank or people dancing in the street...come on; no one post comes with any sort of link, document or picture, yet when someone posts there are responses like "I hope your right", or like this post...I hope your buddy is ok. Really, what do you think happened here, he said the magic word, the lynch mob came for him and he was disconnected. Seriously, are people this gullible?

co-sign, it would be interesting to see how many work for Dinar (pumping it) trading sites....we'll never know

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I have never called him, he calls me & thank you, I am having another.... Goodnight all........... biggrin.gif

Great post sir.. again.. MORE POSITIVE good news.. al the signs are pointing in theright direction ladies and gents.. its inevitable. and Ive heard multiple reports now of $5 or more.. I personally guessed it would rv at either 3.14 like biden said, 3.22 althought tech that would be an RI or 3.86 The RI 3.22 plus the %20 for cost of living increases based upon the last tradeable amount (3.22) so thats .64 added on to get 3.86, but the five dolar range might nt be that far out of reach. This currency was 4.86 in 1932 and that was way before the demand for oil was as high as it is today. not counting the sulfar and nat. gas they have.. Also. and maybe someone can confirm.. Ive heard now from two diferent sources tha there is a mineral of some worth there also. confirm/deny?

So I think that its reasonble to think 5.27. Iraq then looks like the superpower they are, and the u.s has thier hand in a country with a currency greater to ours. Plus we get to keep a birdseye view on Irans nuclear acheivments.. just my .02 but I must say how exciting it is to know this and watch it al unfold.. wittnessing history like this is pretty sweet.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 4

Great post sir.. again.. MORE POSITIVE good news.. al the signs are pointing in theright direction ladies and gents.. its inevitable. and Ive heard multiple reports now of $5 or more.. I personally guessed it would rv at either 3.14 like biden said, 3.22 althought tech that would be an RI or 3.86 The RI 3.22 plus the %20 for cost of living increases based upon the last tradeable amount (3.22) so thats .64 added on to get 3.86, but the five dolar range might nt be that far out of reach. This currency was 4.86 in 1932 and that was way before the demand for oil was as high as it is today. not counting the sulfar and nat. gas they have.. Also. and maybe someone can confirm.. Ive heard now from two diferent sources tha there is a mineral of some worth there also. confirm/deny?

So I think that its reasonble to think 5.27. Iraq then looks like the superpower they are, and the u.s has thier hand in a country with a currency greater to ours. Plus we get to keep a birdseye view on Irans nuclear acheivments.. just my .02 but I must say how exciting it is to know this and watch it al unfold.. wittnessing history like this is pretty sweet.

:shakehead::wacko::blink:

I really wish I know what to say to this... If, and I mean a BIG IF, it were to go that high, it would take YEARS! They are not going to RV anywhere near that. Just wont happen. They will rv IMO .85-1.16. Their constitution states that they cannot increase the value of their currency more than 2% every 6 months. So, it would take Decades to reach what you are saying.......Dont put that yacht on order just yet :partyhat:

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

emot-shakehead.gifwacko.gifblink.gif

I really wish I know what to say to this... If, and I mean a BIG IF, it were to go that high, it would take YEARS! They are not going to RV anywhere near that. Just wont happen. They will rv IMO .85-1.16. Their constitution states that they cannot increase the value of their currency more than 2% every 6 months. So, it would take Decades to reach what you are saying.......Dont put that yacht on order just yet feature_party.gif

Well considering that that thier currency was $3.22 before Saddam invaded Kuwait, and the demand for what they are sitting on now is higher than it was then... oh yeah.. and the country they invaaded has currency that is worth 3.55. with a population of 3.7 milioan as opposed to 31.5 million .. I have to respectfully disagree with you. I cant see the bigger country wih a currency 1/3 worth the country THEY invaded. doesnt make sense. Even the fricken Baharaini Dinar is 2.65 ... and what the heck is a Baharainin? ;)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

sorry to say this but i find your story as credible as terry k ; static and pinging rates etc... 1st let me point out you joined 1-11 ... 2nd of all you joined just to post this i would assume.... 3rd if you were truly a newbie to this investment you certainly would not post this kind of crap .... 4t after 6.5 years i have seen 100's of your type fly through these forums ...... your a drive by shooter imo.....

The "Other" news is that Secretary Clinton is going to be in the UAE, and Arab countries. But specifically when or if, she will be in Iraq.. I am not one bit sure.

But would be cool if the news media and the GAZETTE NEWSPAPER were coming together for the big announcement of the PARLIAMENT AND GOVERNMENT IS SEATED, AND THE RV IS ANNOUNCED too!

GO RV!

tongue.gif

SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!!

I agreeeee!!! :) I Luv Sundayzzzzz biggrin.gif Church-Family-RV>>> cool.gif

• Upvote 1

I really wish I know what to say to this... If, and I mean a BIG IF, it were to go that high, it would take YEARS! They are not going to RV anywhere near that. Just wont happen. They will rv IMO .85-1.16. Their constitution states that they cannot increase the value of their currency more than 2% every 6 months. So, it would take Decades to reach what you are saying.......Dont put that yacht on order just yet

I'm going to also disagree and add to what allinxpress said...

If their constituation only allows a 2% growth every 6 months, it would take roughly 36 years to EQUAL Kuwait (based on your .85) at its current state. I highly doubt it will play out like that.

Well considering that that thier currency was $3.22 before Saddam invaded Kuwait, and the demand for what they are sitting on now is higher than it was then... oh yeah.. and the country they invaaded has currency that is worth 3.55. with a population of 3.7 milioan as opposed to 31.5 million .. I have to respectfully disagree with you. I cant see the bigger country wih a currency 1/3 worth the country THEY invaded. doesnt make sense. Even the fricken Baharaini Dinar is 2.65 ... and what the heck is a Baharainin? ;)

I have to agree wit this.

You also have to remember, they dont want to RV too low and then people will just sit on their IQD until it gets to where its worth cashing in. Iraq wants the money back in their bank ASAP when this RV's and I believe they will do it at least at their old rate of $3.22.

I will give a follow up ASAP.......... He keeps in touch because I am taking care of his dog & its been almost a year now.............. mostly he talks about family.............. He's not even into the dinar as far as I know? There is a ton of stuff going on over there, but I am as bad as most of you people, I really only worry about the RV & the safety of our TROOPS!!! smile.gif

I Think he is pulling your legs brother. Hope it's true though...Go RV Jan 2011

It just 'appears' that they're coming from newbies.

What's going on here is that the oldtimers have worn out their welcome with their 'coming & going' rumors and broken dates

so they are no longer taken seriously. They've only formed new identities. Same people.

It's funny how all the RV news are coming from newbies.. I'm just saying... Where are all the other old timers on here? Sure hope something is going on or it might be like my ex all talk...

Hope Jason isn't pulling one over you..

• Upvote 8

I will be the first to say I am not one with "intel" or will I say I have a contact or am deep cover in Iraq (ha), However there are a few of you that are VERY wrong about nothing "BIG" going down in baghdad right today. I am not going to risk my job by posting on here what is going on as they have asked us not to say anything "just in case" as it is not worth it. I will say that what is going on today has nothing to do with the RV, However is a big show for the GOI and hopefully get things rolling.

• Upvote 1

I will be the first to say I am not one with "intel" or will I say I have a contact or am deep cover in Iraq (ha), However there are a few of you that are VERY wrong about nothing "BIG" going down in baghdad right today. I am not going to risk my job by posting on here what is going on as they have asked us not to say anything "just in case" as it is not worth it. I will say that what is going on today has nothing to do with the RV, However is a big show for the GOI and hopefully get things rolling.

Thank you sir. Appreciate that you could even share that info with us.

:shakehead::wacko::blink:

I really wish I know what to say to this... If, and I mean a BIG IF, it were to go that high, it would take YEARS! They are not going to RV anywhere near that. Just wont happen. They will rv IMO .85-1.16. Their constitution states that they cannot increase the value of their currency more than 2% every 6 months. So, it would take Decades to reach what you are saying.......Dont put that yacht on order just yet :partyhat:

Technically, it is possible for them to restore their currency value. Then add the 2% every 6 months for the past 10 years of a devalued IQD and you get a potential $3.22 PLUS up to 40% adjustment.... a potential $4.50 without violating anything in their new constitution. Even more so if the new Parliament agrees to any constitutional amendments. Just sayin.... it's possible.... :rolleyes::D

Thank you Mongo! Pls share what you can when you can! Greatly appreciated!

$3.22 was a bogus rate set by Saddam, but even if it was legit the circumstances back then were quite different. Iraq had a total money supply of less than half a trillion at the time as opposed to 27 trillion that they had after the new IQD was issued. We don't know how much they've managed to remove from circulation but it's certainly nowhere near where it was 20 years ago. They weren't an occupied country back then. They didn't have terrorist bombs going off. For all of his faults Saddam did provide his country with a certain amount of stability that they are presently lacking, and stability is a key factor in determining the value of a nation's currency. Without that stability there's no way they will have the world's most valuable currency.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Hey Bud, Thanks for the heads up, but for us guys here the Captain and coke is 7000 miles away, don't rub it in! LOL

Wish I had a tall one!!! B)

CAN I GO HOME NOW? AFGHANISTAN SUCKS! B)

I'm at Leatherneck and I want to go too. Where you at?

• Upvote 1

I have a grandson headed to Iraq sometime this month! I do NOT appreciate your humor! We are all praying that he will make it back home safe when his tour is over.

Perhaps you should think about your posts before actually posting!

Tell your Grandson, I will remember him in my prayers, and tell him I said, Thank You !! For, defending, our freedom !

$3.22 was a bogus rate set by Saddam, but even if it was legit the circumstances back then were quite different. Iraq had a total money supply of less than half a trillion at the time as opposed to 27 trillion that they had after the new IQD was issued. We don't know how much they've managed to remove from circulation but it's certainly nowhere near where it was 20 years ago. They weren't an occupied country back then. They didn't have terrorist bombs going off. For all of his faults Saddam did provide his country with a certain amount of stability that they are presently lacking, and stability is a key factor in determining the value of a nation's currency. Without that stability there's no way they will have the world's most valuable currency.

Indeed! Many, I suspect (based on their comments), do not quite understand that the pre-war rate of 1 IQD = $3.22 (give or take) was NOT SET by any international banking authority (IMF)--it was SET by Saddam and likely meant to be on-par with the value of other currencies in the region. The IQD during the Saddam regime had virtually NO value OUTSIDE of Iraq.

Having said that, as a speculator I certainly believe (or I wouldn't be in this venture) that the (new) IQD must have more value than 1170:1, don't we all? But that there is so much of their currency out in the "wild" is what troubles me. IF there is truly, well let's just say trillions, of Dinar out there, then I simply do NOT see how they could (or would want to) RV at more than about 1 IQD = $0.10 (US),... MAX--it just seems like a terrible burden for their new government to go into debt in the TRILLIONS, maybe TENS of TRILLIONS, for a country roughly the size of California. Even that rate ($0.10) would "cost" them hundreds of billions of (US) dollars to retrieve from the system, leaving them to be largely owned by outside forces. And if higher than that they need to come up with trillions that they don't HAVE as far as I know; the oil/natural gas are still in the ground and will take decades to get out...

Nobody wants to hear that (especially me), and maybe I'll get slammed, I don't know. But unless I am REALLY missing something here I just don't see a huge RV (but am a big cheerleader for it), or an RI even though I have seen unverified reports that the IMF has agreed to allow Iraq to RI at $3.22 + up to 20%... (roughly 1 IQD = $3.86 USD)--tells me I must be missing something if that is true, right??? And fractional banking, while intriguing, in my mind still doesn't account for the swarm of investors dumping IQD for USD and other currencies in an almost immediate fashion--again, someone mentioned there may be agreements with governments to gradually trade their IQD reserves, and maybe that would help? But then, I do not pretend to be an expert in banking, so maybe the banking wizards behind the curtain know how it could actually work???

And yes, I've seen posts "showing" how it would be paid for, others questioning how. They all have good points, but all seem to be missing something, or leaving something out and unaccounted for, and so I am still looking. Seems most all of us are, no?

OK, I've said too much... I need a drink, but it's only 9:00 AM here in North-Central Texas... Oh, wait, it's five-o'clock somewhere... :D

Sorry if I've been a downer... I really want SOMEONE to show me with undeniable proof (oops, there it is!) how Iraq could really afford to RV above 1IQD = $0.10 USD -- Don't we all hope it's at least over $1.00 (a buck)??? :D

Cheers!

;)

• Upvote 2

Indeed! Many, I suspect (based on their comments), do not quite understand that the pre-war rate of 1 IQD = $3.22 (give or take) was NOT SET by any international banking authority (IMF)--it was SET by Saddam and likely meant to be on-par with the value of other currencies in the region. The IQD during the Saddam regime had virtually NO value OUTSIDE of Iraq.

Having said that, as a speculator I certainly believe (or I wouldn't be in this venture) that the (new) IQD must have more value than 1170:1, don't we all? But that there is so much of their currency out in the "wild" is what troubles me. IF there is truly, well let's just say trillions, of Dinar out there, then I simply do NOT see how they could (or would want to) RV at more than about 1 IQD = $0.10 (US),... MAX--it just seems like a terrible burden for their new government to go into debt in the TRILLIONS, maybe TENS of TRILLIONS, for a country roughly the size of California. Even that rate ($0.10) would "cost" them hundreds of billions of (US) dollars to retrieve from the system, leaving them to be largely owned by outside forces. And if higher than that they need to come up with trillions that they don't HAVE as far as I know; the oil/natural gas are still in the ground and will take decades to get out...

Nobody wants to hear that (especially me), and maybe I'll get slammed, I don't know. But unless I am REALLY missing something here I just don't see a huge RV (but am a big cheerleader for it), or an RI even though I have seen unverified reports that the IMF has agreed to allow Iraq to RI at $3.22 + up to 20%... (roughly 1 IQD = $3.86 USD)--tells me I must be missing something if that is true, right??? And fractional banking, while intriguing, in my mind still doesn't account for the swarm of investors dumping IQD for USD and other currencies in an almost immediate fashion--again, someone mentioned there may be agreements with governments to gradually trade their IQD reserves, and maybe that would help? But then, I do not pretend to be an expert in banking, so maybe the banking wizards behind the curtain know how it could actually work???

And yes, I've seen posts "showing" how it would be paid for, others questioning how. They all have good points, but all seem to be missing something, or leaving something out and unaccounted for, and so I am still looking. Seems most all of us are, no?

OK, I've said too much... I need a drink, but it's only 9:00 AM here in North-Central Texas... Oh, wait, it's five-o'clock somewhere... :D

Sorry if I've been a downer... I really want SOMEONE to show me with undeniable proof (oops, there it is!) how Iraq could really afford to RV above 1IQD = $0.10 USD -- Don't we all hope it's at least over $1.00 (a buck)??? :D

Cheers!

;)

Thanks for your post. I agree with your Saddam era comment relative to how he "pegged", for lack of a better term, the value on his own. Obviously theres a lot of debate on the rate but you raise some good points in your commentary. Not what I want to hear nor do I totally agree with you but it's hard to argue your logic.

Anyway, thanks for a well thought out post.

• Upvote 1

The rate was not set by saddam.. u need to lok up the history of the IQD. Also, I would argue that there are different types of stability. If you say that Saddam provided stabily within Iraq, I would argue taht he was completely Unstable in the global view. and that has certainly changed. the UN is no longer afraid of what Iraq will do next. And yes they have a total money supply of 27 trillion now, but they also have the assests (gold, oil, natural gas and sulfur) to Back that up, whereas before, Saddam kept all the gold for himself, and didnt intergrate it into the economy.

Also they did have bombs going off, unfortunaltey, it was from the army of Iraq against the people of Iraq. That will be changed as well.

I could be way wrong here, but I just have this feeling. I try to look at this as a person coming out of bankruptcy.. they go to the bank to get a new LOC and the bank mgr has to look at what assets to let u borrow against.. and Iraq has the assets they need, and now the Friends vouching for them that they need also. that is why I feel the rate will be 3.22 or higher.

• Upvote 1

Hey Bud, Thanks for the heads up, but for us guys here the Captain and coke is 7000 miles away, don't rub it in! LOL

Wish I had a tall one!!! B)

CAN I GO HOME NOW? AFGHANISTAN SUCKS! B)

Thank you, thank you, thank you Krash for the sacrifice you make for us. I respect you and appreciate you simply because you are on the foreign field and doing your duty to the nation. God bless you and keep you safe and again THANK YOU!!! Keep up the good work.

:tiphat::twothumbs::wub:

• Upvote 1