Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

CBI Currency Auction 12 30 2010

Doc31

Every time a website gets a visitor, the host of the website must send the information to your computer. Websites purchase bandwidth, which is the amount of information they can send out in a given period of time. If the website gets too many hits, they exceed the amount of information they can send. The website will then go down until they purchase more bandwidth. It's not about the amount of people trying to access a website at any one time, it's about the total hits.

Think about it like this. The website is like a prepaid phone. Once you use up your minutes, the phone will not work until you buy more. Of course, some people, and website, have unlimited plans. The CBI, apparently, does not.

Not that I buy that story either, though. I'm still suspicious.

Edited by Revelation

If the CBI is down due to a bandwidth issue because of so many ppl going on it then shouldn't someone be able to be on the site. Don't alot of ppl have to be on the site to cause a bandwidth issue but yet no on has stated they have made it thru to the site....

You are right if that were the case it would be a 408 or a 409 code showing and it is not.

The website is too busy to show the webpage (HTTP 408 or 409)

The server took too long to display the webpage or there were too many people requesting the same page.

Link to error codes: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Get-help-with-website-error-messages-HTTP-errors

OK Doc, I said I hope to see you at the bank, so whats going on. It seems to me that if they ARE going to RV it will require some changes to their website and they have had it down twice for reasons we can only guess at. I am not too bright on website construction but I'm sure some on DV are. Tell me if I'M wrong about needing to be down for major changes. As always, thanks Doc and hope to see you at the bank soon.

The site does not need to be down to "create" the new one.

You can build the new site in the background. Once you are ready to launch it, you just change a few names of pages and links. Presto New Site.

well the thing is if they "just bought more bandwidth" because of the last down time, wouldn't it still be good?

Not if they didn't buy enough. Normally, if you don't have an unlimited plan, it is done on a monthly basis. Maybe they thought they could make it to the new year.

Again, I'm still suspicious, but there are possible explanations that have nothing to do with an RV, and we should all remain cognizant of that.

Doc as usual you are the man with the answers. Thank you for the post. Tell me Doc, is there any possibility at all that

somehow CBI and US Government could roll out the Iraqi Revalue in teirs or steps in order to avoid absolute cashin or exchange disorder? Just saying..something about all of this feels so darn organized and well thought out it makes me wonder. It resembles the last 15 minutes of the SAT Test when those minutes are being used to not only finish but to answer efficiently, with care and with accuracy.

Thank you, again, Doc!biggrin.gif

God Bless America!

Edited by Jac

Thanks for all of the nice comments ... I appreciate them ... and I appreciate all the blessings.

Oil is sliding at this moment ... hard to tell if for EOY repositioning/accounting for taxes/or what ... not to worry it's still $90something

Spot gold in the bottom part of it's channel at $1405

CBI.iq still down ... I'm going all conspiracy theorist here ... lol

Let's see:

Rechecking FDIC pay-back ... since I can't find that easily ... it might be a rumor rather than fact that I remembered ... when I googled they were talking 99 years ... then that was shot down ... I'm going to call a banker friend and see if he knows.

No a website does not have to go down to work on it.

Yes, not purchasing enough bandwidth for an extra $10 is nonsense

I don't rate or date ... lol

S.A.T. ... my ... that was a long time ago

Frank26 did a nice job of explaining the new SDRs and its relationships to the old SDRs ... go back a day or so on his posts. LGraham and RonScarpa often are the ones posting this

BamBam ... that's too funny ... you know I don't have cold feet about pulling the trigger ... I'd have messed this up a long time ago had it been up to me ... lol

And lastly ... it is true ... I am going to the bank with Pops ... lol

Peace

Doc31

• Upvote 2

Do you guys mean CBI.com? If so, I just got on to the site with very little wait??????? Is this rumor over now or what???? :(

oops never mind I found it! :D :D

CBI . com is a business website.

CBI . iq and CBI . org are the websites of the Central Bank of Iraq.

BOTH are down, supposedly due to bandwidth issues - as they were last week.

I am from this industry and am prepared to suggest that there is ZERO chance that this declared cause is the problem.

I am however very excited. because it's a great indicator to me that an RV is possibly very close.

This is my first post but I make it as a webmaster and designer. :rolleyes: Shutting down a site for bandwidth takes less than 30 seconds. The webmaster/hosting company simply reduces the allocated bandwidth for the site. This can be corrected the same way to put the site back online. The owner of the website could have requested this action to take his site down without revealing the true reason for the site to be offline. I can't imagine the CBI having anything less than unlimited bandwidth. :)

JMHO

This is my first post but I make it as a webmaster and designer. rolleyes.gif Shutting down a site for bandwidth takes less than 30 seconds. The webmaster/hosting company simply reduces the allocated bandwidth for the site. This can be corrected the same way to put the site back online. The owner of the website could have requested this action to take his site down without revealing the true reason for the site to be offline. I can't imagine the CBI having anything less than unlimited bandwidth. smile.gif

JMHO

FINALLY!!! Fact! Thank you!biggrin.gif

God Bless America!

The site is back up but they are NOT showing that there was an auction today

I am also researching the FDIC term of pay-off ... conflicting stories on internet ... I've a call into a banker friend

Hi Doc

Did you notice the bottom of the CBI webpage

(Copyright © 2011. Central Bank of Iraq. All rights reserved. Please read important disclaimer)

Conscious / Baghdad / h. B

30/12/2010 2:24 pm

Close the Central Bank of Iraq today Thursday Thirty Of December Fifth DIFC Week sessions for the sale and purchase of foreign currency and the dollar up Level Sales of the dollar to 108 1.4 million dollars at a stable exchange rate was 1170 dinars per dollar.

The Information Office of the bank in the bulletin I got (Agency Information / INA) copy them to the total sales of the bank amounted to 450 thousand dollars MM shot the bank for cash at a stable exchange rate was 1183 dinars per dollar, including the commission the bank of $ 13 dinars per dollar. And amounts transferred out of the country $ 107 million and 950 000 Dollars in cash and bank shot at a stable conversion was 1183 dinars per dollar, including the commission of the bank of $ 13 dinars per dollar.

The number of Banks contribute to the auction 10 Banks, note that the Central Bank of Iraq Itqdy a commission of $ (13) dinars per dollar with a deduction of (8) dinars per Dollars from the amounts purchased.

The Iraqi central bank held five meetings during the week its financial support for the sale and purchase of foreign currencies and the dollar.

http://www.al-iraqnews.net/new/

So, the rumor about money in and out continues to be incorrect. Iraq is selling and buying... :mellow: Was not sure if this has been posted before now... if so I apologize...