Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Thursday Early Afternoon Opinions - 2:45 PM MDT - 3/28/2024

ronscarpa

REMEMBER, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what they perceive to be happening in Iraq... So, take everything with a grain of salt ... :twothumbs: RON 

MarkZ Question: Do we have the green light yet MarkI think we have the green light. I am looking forward to what the next few days bring.

Pimpy  When they re-denominate all currencies are going to have a new look.  Most likely what you're going to see is the same thing you see here in the United States.  We have a $100... $50...$20... $10...$5... and $1 bill.  Most likely that's what you're going to see in the dinars...

Militia Man  Article Quote: "Advisor to the Prime Minister al-Sudani...the global economic community estimates as a stock capital at prevailing price today, Iraq's worth about $16 to $17 trillion U.S. dollar" It's a lot...Instead of having people come in and mine it, take it away and produce and sell it, Iraq's going to mine it, produce it and sell it. They're going to get both sides of the equation...That raises the income stream for Iraq...

Frank26  [Iraq boots-on-the-ground report] FIREFLY: The foreign minister already in USA is a prelude to Sudani grand stand that's coming April 1st, our new fiscal year. FRANK: So much is now pointing for your 1st quarter. April the 1st or maybe the first week of April especially with Sudani going to see the President of the United States in Washington DC on the 15th of April.  It seems to me he's going to go see the president with a new exchange rate under his belt...not the weak leadership of a program rate.

:tiphat:

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 3
  • Upvote 4

Pimpy  When they re-denominate all currencies are going to have a new look.  Most likely what you're going to see is the same thing you see here in the United States.  We have a $100... $50...$20... $10...$5... and $1 bill.  Most likely that's what you're going to see in the dinars...

I don't believe it, but I think Pimpy might be right...I do think it that makes sense.   They just have to make it worth something, so they don't have to carry big bags of dinars around to purchase milk & eggs.  :bagofmoney:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

21 minutes ago, NWGUY said:

BUT there are still $1000, $5000, $10000 bills in circulation  they just don't print them anymore.  Question is the 25000 dinar in the future

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, trvlr787 said:

I would think that Iraq will keep the 25,000 notes for inter bank transfers.  But I think the other denominations will be destroyed.  If Iraq actually revalues to a decent amount, they would just need the lower notes. JMHO   :shrug:

Yes this is what Shabibi had presented at the time 2011 or 2012 not sure date but he had show us his designs with the different buildings or designs he wanted to present to management at the time.Made copies at time but don't have my old computer had crashed lost all my notes so I can not verify. I seem to remember he had a design for 15. dinar noye but not sure now. Anyway what pimpy shows is accurate from my memory.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, edbeach said:

Yes this is what Shabibi had presented at the time 2011 or 2012 not sure date but he had show us his designs with the different buildings or designs he wanted to present to management at the time.Made copies at time but don't have my old computer had crashed lost all my notes so I can not verify. I seem to remember he had a design for 15. dinar noye but not sure now. Anyway what pimpy shows is accurate from my memory.

Just imagine if the RI/RV, occurred back then!  

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, ronscarpa said:

Militia Man  Article Quote: "Advisor to the Prime Minister al-Sudani...the global economic community estimates as a stock capital at prevailing price today, Iraq's worth about $16 to $17 trillion U.S. dollar" It's a lot...Instead of having people come in and mine it, take it away and produce and sell it, Iraq's going to mine it, produce it and sell it. They're going to get both sides of the equation...That raises the income stream for Iraq...

This is exactly what countries must do under a return to the gold standards, country’s must mine and produce…Iraq and shabibi said could carry $5

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, screwball said:

This is exactly what countries must do under a return to the gold standards, country’s must mine and produce…Iraq and shabibi said could carry $5

I agree that they should be up around the $5, but I think that they are probably concerned about all the outside investors, so I would bet they are thinking about a very low revaluation, just to get rid of investors like us.   They know that after all these years, we want out of this, so we will turn in our dinars quickly, and take the money.  Totally makes sense.  I all in on the plan!  Make it happen Iraq!  :bravo:

• Pow! 3