Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Monday Afternoon Opinions @ 5:10 PM CDT - 3/25/2024

ronscarpa

REMEMBER, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what they perceive to be happening in Iraq... So, take everything with a grain of salt ... :twothumbs: RON 

Fnu Lnu   New notes will be a necessity. However, they will be used in the domestic market primarily, as almost everything else will be done electronically. The IMF will not allow member country's to "walk away" from their currency. This new note / delete the zeros paradigm is not complicated. The hand wringing can stop now. 

Frank26  [Iraq boots-on-the-ground report] FIREFLY: TV is say when Sudani goes to Washington.  OMG that's a long time off.  Means nothing changing until after that probably, if it does this year. FRANK: I don't care if it happens on the 15th of April.  I don't care if it happens tomorrow.  I just know it's happening with all that we're seeing.  The proof is there.  There's no doubt about it.

Pimpy  Once they re-denominate the old currency is no longer any good.  You can exchange it for the new lower bank notes but your higher bank note doesn't have any extra or more purchasing power or more valuable than the new notes.

:tiphat:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 5

Pimpy  Once they re-denominate the old currency is no longer any good.  You can exchange it for the new lower bank notes but your higher bank note doesn't have any extra or more purchasing power or more valuable than the new notes.

This comment by Pimpy is totally erroneous. Shabibi made it clear that the 25,000 notes will co-exist with the new notes, and he was the author of the plan. I don't recall if he ever mentioned how long. Blessings - RON 

• Upvote 5

17 minutes ago, ronscarpa said:

This comment by Pimpy is totally erroneous. Shabibi made it clear that the 25,000 notes will co-exist with the new notes, and he was the author of the plan. I don't recall if he ever mentioned how long. Blessings - RON 

10 years come to my mind. I may be wrong, but I know it was for a few years at least. They would slowly phase them out and they would be used mainly for large bank to bank type transfers from what I remember. However, that may all change since they are going all digital. 

• Upvote 3
  • Pow! 1

3 hours ago, 8th ID said:

10 years come to my mind. I may be wrong, but I know it was for a few years at least. They would slowly phase them out and they would be used mainly for large bank to bank type transfers from what I remember. However, that may all change since they are going all digital. 

correct co exist for 10 years but there were articles also suggesting 12 months and 3 months....

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

On 3/26/2024 at 5:11 AM, ronscarpa said:

Pimpy  Once they re-denominate the old currency is no longer any good.  YOU can exchange it for the new lower bank notes 

Who is " you "? Dinar holders or Iraqi citizens? Will dinar holders trade old dinars for dollars? And only Iraqi citizens exchange old dinars for new lower dinar notes.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, rvmydinar said:

Who is " you "? Dinar holders or Iraqi citizens? Will dinar holders trade old dinars for dollars? And only Iraqi citizens exchange old dinars for new lower dinar notes.

Pimpy is making stuff up again....Pimpy obviously has no idea of what is going to happen.  Iraq has said for many years that the notes will coexist.  The redenomination group has come up with this theory long ago, for what ... who knows!  I have never read anywhere, that they re-denominate their currency, and make the old currency valueless.   Hang on to your notes, eventually they will be worth something!  👍

• Upvote 1

pimpys  reputation has gone down the toilet a while ago. Kap  is the same. Tony, Mark z and frankie never made it out the toilet. All the young Iraqis on you tube who are really just regurgitating the guru news and have no really news are all ready in the sewer. Mm and the goat have off days where their stools are loose and Melanie hind is permanently stuck in the s bend of the toilet

Edited by BETTYBOOP
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, rvmydinar said:

If I remember correctly Shabibi had said the old notes would be good for 5 years there was 10 yrs but not sure if 5 or 10 too long ago I had printed this to my computer but it crashed & lost all my info at the time back in 2011 or 2012, But it was at least 5 yrs old dinars good til, direst from Shabibi plus as I had said the 25000 notes would only be available for large Banking no longer good for the public. JMHO

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, edbeach said:

If I remember correctly Shabibi had said the old notes would be good for 5 years but  there was 10 yrs but not sure if 5 or 10 too long ago I had printed this to my computer but it crashed & lost all my info at the time back in 2011 or 2012, But it was at least 5 yrs old dinars good til, direst from Shabibi plus as I had said the 25000 notes would only be available for large Banking no longer good for the public. JMHO

The 10 years could be the 25000 no longer able to cash in abd the larger notes would come into play for big Banking only but dinars good for public for 5 yrs thats all I can recall. JMHO

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, edbeach said:

If I remember correctly Shabibi had said the old notes would be good for 5 years there was 10 yrs but not sure if 5 or 10 too long ago I had printed this to my computer but it crashed & lost all my info at the time back in 2011 or 2012, But it was at least 5 yrs old dinars good til, direst from Shabibi plus as I had said the 25000 notes would only be available for large Banking no longer good for the public. JMHO

It don't matter 5 or 10. The only 2 most important things are the date and the rate.

• Upvote 1