Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Three government banks and the Retirement Authority announce the postponement of payment of monthly advance installments

17 minutes ago, Longtimelurker said:

"the loans will be repaid after the end of the blessed month of Ramadan."

Interesting 👆

Ramadan of 1991 started March 18th & Kuwait reinstated their currency March 24th. I feel that Iraq could do the same. I know some will disagree. 

Edited by Dretown39
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Pow! 1

6 hours ago, Dretown39 said:

Ramadan of 1991 started March 18th & Kuwait reinstated their currency March 24th. I feel that Iraq could do the same. I know some will disagree. 

Absolutely!    That line " nothing happens during Ramadan" has been pounded into people's heads year after year. Horsepucky! There's been all kinds of action , and wheels turning during that time,  every year!!  I cringe when I hear that  BS phrase, lol

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 7
  • Pow! 4

4 hours ago, HowieC said:

Absolutely!    That line " nothing happens during Ramadan" has been pounded into people's heads year after year. Horsepucky! There's been all kinds of action , and wheels turning during that time,  every year!!  I cringe when I hear that  BS phrase, lol

Perhaps we can attribute that idea to the reality that in the past not much was getting done at any time during the year. We just noticed it more during Ramadan. Looking back 10-15 years ago, previous PMs and parliament were notorious slackers that never showed up to work or vote on anything. There was always cancellations due to “lack of quorum”. Life goes on as normal during Ramadan, people carry on with their jobs. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Half Crazy Runner said:

Perhaps we can attribute that idea to the reality that in the past not much was getting done at any time during the year. We just noticed it more during Ramadan. Looking back 10-15 years ago, previous PMs and parliament were notorious slackers that never showed up to work or vote on anything. There was always cancellations due to “lack of quorum”. Life goes on as normal during Ramadan, people carry on with their jobs. 

They are just more “Hangry” due to fasting during the daylight hours. 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, HowieC said:

Very true….expect the unexpected…remember eid is all about celebrations and gifts…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 4

On 3/9/2024 at 4:16 AM, HowieC said:

The proofs in the pudding. We shall see. 
I personally feel this could be our year, but I don’t get excited about Ramadan. Too much hype for me. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Pow! 1

9 hours ago, gregp said:

The proofs in the pudding. We shall see. 
I personally feel this could be our year, but I don’t get excited about Ramadan. Too much hype for me. 

Maybe this year they will call it "RVmadan"

• Haha 4
  • Upvote 1