Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Friday Evening Opinions @ 7:05 PM MDT - 1/12/2024

ronscarpa

REMEMBER, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what they perceive to be happening in Iraq... So, take everything with a grain of salt ... :twothumbs: RON 

Militia Man  Al-Alaq said he was going to delete the zeros/the project to delete the zeros off the exchange rateWhat did Al-Sudani say He said the dinar would be stronger than the dollar. What did Salih say?    He said they were going to have a major announcement. We're going to see if all three of those guys are telling the truth or not. I have a feeling they are...:twothumbs:

Clare  Article: "With the exception of Iraq...the World Bank announces a rise in food sector inflation in the world" Quote "..the International Monetary Fund announced a decrease in the inflation rate in Iraq, which is expected to stabilize due to the policy of the Central Bank of Iraq and the impact resulting from raising the exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar...":twothumbs:

:tiphat:

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 2

Clare  Article: the International Monetary Fund announced a decrease in the inflation rate in Iraq, which is expected to stabilize due to the policy of the Central Bank of Iraq and the impact resulting from raising the exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar...":twothumbs:

We could take some lessons from Iraq on reducing inflation.

Is anybody listening in the WH?   Nope. 

The Vegetable In Chief is on permanent vacation.

• Haha 4
  • Pow! 1

4 minutes ago, Luigi1 said:

Clare  Article: the International Monetary Fund announced a decrease in the inflation rate in Iraq, which is expected to stabilize due to the policy of the Central Bank of Iraq and the impact resulting from raising the exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar...":twothumbs:

We could take some lessons from Iraq on reducing inflation.

Is anybody listening in the WH?   Nope. 

The Vegetable In Chief is on permanent vacation.

I heard the vegetable in chief is not running….

• Confused 1

31 minutes ago, ronscarpa said:

REMEMBER, no one really  knows what will happen, or when. They're simply stating their opinions based on what they perceive to be happening in Iraq... So, take everything with a grain of salt ... :twothumbs: RON 

Militia Man  Al-Alaq said he was going to delete the zeros/the project to delete the zeros off the exchange rateWhat did Al-Sudani say He said the dinar would be stronger than the dollar. What did Salih say?    He said they were going to have a major announcement. We're going to see if all three of those guys are telling the truth or not. I have a feeling they are...:twothumbs:

Clare  Article: "With the exception of Iraq...the World Bank announces a rise in food sector inflation in the world" Quote "..the International Monetary Fund announced a decrease in the inflation rate in Iraq, which is expected to stabilize due to the policy of the Central Bank of Iraq and the impact resulting from raising the exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar...":twothumbs:

:tiphat:

Great post apart from what Al-alaq said which we can’t confirm! 

• Upvote 1

The CBI is committed to maintaining the peg to the U.S. dollar; the peg provides a key nominal anchor in a highly uncertain environment wherein policy capacity is affected by the conflict with the Islamic State. The CBI has removed all exchange restrictions and multiple-currency practices. 

https://www.washingtoninstitute.org/policy-analysis/iraqs-role-countering-islamic-states-finances

Edited by screwball
  • Upvote 1

Refreshing our thoughts! 

In October 2015, Iraq passed the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Law No. (39) of 2015 to replace the Coalition Provisional Authority (CPA) Order No. 93: Anti-Money Laundering Act of 2004. The new AML law improved on the 2004 framework and addressed FATF’s aforementioned recommendations, notably the establishment of an AML/CFT Office as the nation’s financial intelligence unit (FIU), a new committee empowered to freeze the funds and assets of individuals designated by UN sanctions, and enhanced customer due diligence (CDD) procedures.

In removing Iraq from the grey list, FATF has noted a “significant improvement” in the country’s AML/CFT framework and supporting laws and regulations. But there is no guarantee that Iraq will remain off the list and the country cannot afford to be complacent. Tasked with formulating the policies on anti-money laundering and combating financial support for terrorism, the Central Bank of Iraq continues to cooperate with international and regional organizations along with neighboring countries by exchanging information on financial intelligence relating to money laundering.

1 hour ago, screwball said:

Iraq's cabinet approved a currency revaluation on 7 February and set the exchange rate at 1,300 dinars per US dollar. 

so realistically our time frames of now until April 30 are realistic based on previous government actions 

https://www.newarab.com/news/iraq-secures-foreign-currency-deals-enhance-trade

Thanks for your input. From my understanding they can still add value anytime in the year..correct?

3 minutes ago, Dretown39 said:

Thanks for your input. From my understanding they can still add value anytime in the year..correct?

Well if you go of history they always update rate around April 29/30 which means any rate change  based on history would be first quarter…the onky time they stepped outside this when they added the inflationary zeros which was around September…I believe shabs and government have stated start of the year anytime during first four months! 

• Pow! 1

45 minutes ago, screwball said:

Well if you go of history they always update rate around April 29/30 which means any rate change  based on history would be first quarter…the onky time they stepped outside this when they added the inflationary zeros which was around September…I believe shabs and government have stated start of the year anytime during first four months! 

Ok I'm in the dark about the history of rate changes. I'm of the mindset of them doing this 1st quarter. If not hopefully these goofs will still make it happen this year.

screwball  ok now pushing this can further down the road. 1st quarter is Jan-Feb-March each year. Now you into 2nd quarter Apr-May-June I don't believe will see any RV-Ri in 2024 AS article recently says they loosing 21 Billion yearly which is being funnelled to the political groups. This I believe is the real problem why we not seeing a RV/RI If you getting billions each year at the blessing of Iran why would you want an RV/RI  This makes more sense of reason for free money yearly JMHO

46 minutes ago, edbeach said:

screwball  ok now pushing this can further down the road. 1st quarter is Jan-Feb-March each year. Now you into 2nd quarter Apr-May-June I don't believe will see any RV-Ri in 2024 AS article recently says they loosing 21 Billion yearly which is being funnelled to the political groups. This I believe is the real problem why we not seeing a RV/RI If you getting billions each year at the blessing of Iran why would you want an RV/RI  This makes more sense of reason for free money yearly JMHO

April is when they post rates, decisions made to increase or decrease made in March 1st quarter….if you be,ieve that’s the reason you might as well sell

1 hour ago, edbeach said:

I can give a number of reasons why it won’t but all opinions and none of fact

• Upvote 1

Well I hope you are correct any way will not sell my dinar just in case it does increase in value but article does make sense reason politicians are the ones holding this back. But should increase want to be in on this as everyone else holding rather than folding. Thanks for your comments sooner or later this will happen wheather large or small amount

And Saleh said the price stability and optimism in Iraq's future development, it became necessary radical reform the system of management of the currency and the re-structure commensurate with the structure of prices, the new different and stable levels of wages and salaries, which differed significantly from the last thirty years, as well as handle the mass of large cash weak in components so that the currency has become the largest category, but not worth $ 21 U.S. for the time being. Saleh also explained that the increase in gross domestic product of Iraq's $ 140 billion at year-end 2010 to more than $ 300 billion at the end of 2015 the money supply will raise the export of 30 trillion dinars to about 70 trillion dinars. 

Meanwhile, a citizen Ali Kemash that the deletion of zeros will reduce the manipulation of numbers by adding zeros to the accounts in banks and thus reduce or eliminate the economic corruption, banking, and made the home of Saif Amer shop owner for the franchise that the deletion of zeros will reduce the big numbers that contribute to facilitating the processes calculation.