Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliamentary expectations for a decline in the dollar exchange rate during the next few days

8 minutes ago, Artitech said:

They can still use the dollar, they created a loophole. Somebody posted the CBI announcement here on DV a few days ago! So to say that they can’t use dollar is not true according to the cbi announcement that I read here on DV! When I read that, it certainly popped my balloon! I leaning towards the fact we are heading for another dead year! But I’m withholding judgment till the end of the 1st quarter! JMHO 

I don’t agree with what u are saying but it’s all good  I appreciate the response 

4 minutes ago, 6ly410 said:

I don’t agree with what u are saying but it’s all good  I appreciate the response 

It’s not about agreeing with me, it’s what came from the cbi look up the  announcement yourself and give me your take on it! Trust me I need this Rv/RI very much and I really thought we had a chance of something positive happening! But right now after reading it , I think it’s business as usual! I don’t make $h!+ up just to cause disruption! JMHO 

• Like 3

Just now, Artitech said:

It’s not about agreeing with me, it’s what came from the cbi look up the  announcement yourself and give me your take on it! Trust me I need this Rv/RI very much and I really thought we had a chance of something positive happening! But right now after reading it , I think it’s business as usual! I don’t make $h!+ up just to cause disruption! JMHO 

Ok find the article pls - thanks 

Just now, 6ly410 said:

Ok find the article pls - thanks 

It was posted here on DV ! That is how I know of it. I don’t know how to go back and find past stuff but there are members here that do! It was from the CBI after Christmas I believe is when I read it. 

1 minute ago, Artitech said:

It was posted here on DV ! That is how I know of it. I don’t know how to go back and find past stuff but there are members here that do! It was from the CBI after Christmas I believe is when I read it. 

ok? What now? 

Is this it?

monetary policy objectives and to enable banks to meet the foreign currency needs of their customers, the Central Bank of Iraq has determined the entities covered by receiving their foreign transfers in cash in the US dollar, as of January 2, 2024, according to the following:

Diplomatic missions, organizations and all international agencies operating in Iraq.

Non-governmental civil society organizations registered in the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers, if the foreign donor stipulates that the amounts of incoming foreign transfers be paid in dollars inside Iraq.

Government contracts in effect in US dollars, and ongoing contracts for grants, loans, and foreign agreements.

40% of Iraqi exporters’ incoming remittances result from their exports abroad.

Except for what is mentioned above, banks are permitted to deliver to their customers the amounts of their transfers received from abroad in cash, from the bank’s own available resources, and according to the agreement between the bank and the customer.

The Central Bank of Iraq confirmed that banks continue to open bank accounts for customers in foreign currencies in exchange for (interests/returns), and that the customer has the right to withdraw deposits and interest/returns deposited in cash. 

The Central Bank of Iraq noted that banks are not allowed to automatically transfer customer funds received from outside Iraq in the US dollar currency to the dinar currency except with the customer’s approval, stressing the decisions of the Council of Ministers to prevent internal transactions in foreign currency and to strengthen confidence in the Iraqi dinar.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Longtimelurker said:

Is this it?

monetary policy objectives and to enable banks to meet the foreign currency needs of their customers, the Central Bank of Iraq has determined the entities covered by receiving their foreign transfers in cash in the US dollar, as of January 2, 2024, according to the following:

Diplomatic missions, organizations and all international agencies operating in Iraq.

Non-governmental civil society organizations registered in the General Secretariat of the Council of Ministers, if the foreign donor stipulates that the amounts of incoming foreign transfers be paid in dollars inside Iraq.

Government contracts in effect in US dollars, and ongoing contracts for grants, loans, and foreign agreements.

40% of Iraqi exporters’ incoming remittances result from their exports abroad.

Except for what is mentioned above, banks are permitted to deliver to their customers the amounts of their transfers received from abroad in cash, from the bank’s own available resources, and according to the agreement between the bank and the customer.

The Central Bank of Iraq confirmed that banks continue to open bank accounts for customers in foreign currencies in exchange for (interests/returns), and that the customer has the right to withdraw deposits and interest/returns deposited in cash. 

The Central Bank of Iraq noted that banks are not allowed to automatically transfer customer funds received from outside Iraq in the US dollar currency to the dinar currency except with the customer’s approval, stressing the decisions of the Council of Ministers to prevent internal transactions in foreign currency and to strengthen confidence in the Iraqi dinar.

🤔

That’s it why not a loophole, either you can’t or you can use dollars, unless I’m reading it wrong, it says that they can still use dollars. Trust me I hope I have read it wrong! I want this RV/RI as much or more than anyone on this site! JMHO 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Artitech said:

That’s it why not a loophole, either you can’t or you can use dollars, unless I’m reading it wrong, it says that they can still use dollars. Trust me I hope I have read it wrong! I want this RV/RI as much or more than anyone on this site! JMHO 

I don't see a loophole, I see allowances for very specific industries only. Just my take

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Pow! 4

1 minute ago, Shedagal said:

I don't consider this to be a loophole.

8 minutes ago, Longtimelurker said:

I think the cbi had to make certain allowances so I don't see this for the general public... not sure tho

Thanks 💯

• Upvote 2

Not by any manner an expert... but I think you might find this to be normal in the biggest majority of countries where there are USA  diplomatic missions out with the USA. Maybe wrong but I don't see this as a loophole. It is not going to benefit the citizens. They have already said the citizens must only use dinar in all daily transactions.

Edited by BETTYBOOP
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 7