Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliaments Sets The Official ER At 1,300 For The Next 3 Years.

Luigi1

Here's an article of Dinarian interests...

Parliaments sets the official ER at 1,300 for the next 3 years.

Treat as a rumor.  Not verified.  Your opine.

From Other Sources:    Parliament Votes On Two Articles That Include The Exchange Rate At 130 Thousand Dinars.

ARTICLE:  Parliament voted, Thursday, on two articles that include the exchange rate at 130,000 dinars.   The House of Representatives also voted, earlier, on the first paragraph of the budget law.    On Thursday, the House of Representatives proceeded to vote on the draft federal Budget Law for the Republic of Iraq for the fiscal years (2023, 2024, 2025).     

The media department of the House of Representatives announced the start of the voting session on the Budget Law, in the presence of 258 deputies. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3

Here's another article related to the above...It's official...the Budget law is in print...

MarkZ  via  PDK:    It's Official.

ARTICLE:  “Baghdad Today publishes the final version of Iraq’s tripartite Budget Llaw”   It’s published but we are still waiting for news that they have rubber stamped it & it is official.   We should see that sometime today.

• Sad 2

Just seen a video on another channel that states they are going back to parliament tomorrow to continue the vote. So much for their claims that there was no issues in passing the budget. I am praying the 3 Yr set rate is smoke n mirrors  

Edited by BETTYBOOP
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 6

14 minutes ago, BETTYBOOP said:

Just seen a video on another channel that states they are going back to parliament tomorrow to continue the vote. So much for their claims that there was no issues in passing the budget. I am praying the 3 Yr set rate is smoke n mirrors  

Kuwait made similar charges, then RIed hours later.  So there is hope, after all.

• Upvote 4
  • Pow! 3

I am praying the 3 Yr set rate is smoke n mirrors  

It not smoke n mirrors...I'm actually happy that it 3 years, now Iraq can move forward and for the next 3 years which they won't have to worry about budgets and focus on other laws that are more important..which move toward stability. Purchasing Power comes from the CBI, not from the house of representative's voting on Budgets.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, yota691 said:

It not smoke n mirrors...I'm actually happy that it 3 years, now Iraq can move forward and for the next 3 years which they won't have to worry about budgets and focus on other laws that are more important..which move toward stability. Purchasing Power comes from the CBI, not from the house of representative's voting on Budgets.

Facts!! Do you think the CBI takes into consideration the contracts, financial agreements, & cross border payments etc...that the government puts in place to determine what's a good marking point give purchasing power??

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

1 hour ago, yota691 said:

IMHO. 

I believe the 3 year fixed 1,300 exchange rate is for accounting purposes, only & is a tool, a long term guideline, a forecast to base other GOI expenditures on.

Kind of like GOI setting the Budget based on $75 USD a barrel.

CBI ER will may be a separate issue.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Pow! 1

15 hours ago, Dretown39 said:

Do you think the CBI takes into consideration the contracts, financial agreements, & cross border payments etc...that the government puts in place to determine what's a good marking point give purchasing power??

All that sounds good, and everything above you stated is already and has been in place, as well as all of the corruption (ex: bribery, kickbacks, just as Obiden does. Sry had to add that) that goes along with it. 

Important Laws such as Oil & Gas Law, which seems the budget has turn into, activate the new accounting program, that has oversight, which this new 3 year budget supposedly has. (Electronically) No more Ink on paper as Iraq says.

Folks forget that the CBI change the rate at will, it didn't need a budget, heck Iraq didn't even have a budget when it change it the last go around, it was frozen. 

I stated before at 1.300 rate the CBI can add purchasing power for the Iraqi citizens. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 6

9 minutes ago, yota691 said:

All that sounds good, and everything above you stated is already and has been in place, as well as all of the corruption (ex: bribery, kickbacks, just as Obiden does. Sry had to add that) that goes along with it. 

Important Laws such as Oil & Gas Law, which seems the budget has turn into, activate the new accounting program, that has oversight, which this new 3 year budget supposedly has. (Electronically) No more Ink on paper as Iraq says.

Folks forget that the CBI change the rate at will, it didn't need a budget, heck Iraq didn't even have a budget when it change it the last go around, it was frozen. 

I stated before at 1.300 rate the CBI can add purchasing power for the Iraqi citizens. 

Thank you for clearing this up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Luigi1 said:

Thank you for clearing this up.

Appreciate that Luigi, That just my thoughts (I could be wrong) from being on this ride for so long, which we all have been, some longer then others.  We all are so eager to get off the ride and move on.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 4
  • Pow! 4

@yota691Sounds good. Just to clarify that what I typed was really a question to you because I wanted your input. Your one of the few that don't hype things up & keep it 💯. I appreciate your response! I thought i understood what was needed for them to add value but now since a significant amount of time has passed I'm confused as to what's going on most days with Iraq. Hopefully we'll all be off this ride soon.

Edited by Dretown39
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

On 6/10/2023 at 12:57 AM, Luigi1 said:

Parliaments sets the official ER at 1,300 for the next 3 years.

The recent article said the rate will decrease significantly. So if the rate setd at 1,300 for the next 3 years , then this is some kind of conflicting stories. Let's just wait and see who is right and who is wrong.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, rvmydinar said:

The recent article said the rate will decrease significantly. So if the rate setd at 1,300 for the next 3 years , then this is some kind of conflicting stories. Let's just wait and see who is right and who is wrong.

I think you will find the CBI Governor it talking about the parallel  market rate falling closer to the 1300 idq mark. Not the actual official rate

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2