Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What’s your take

screwball

What’s your take on this? The Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Iraq the appearance of Mohammed Saleh revealed, earlier, for "Twilight News" that the new Iraqi currency will increase by three zeros, indicating that the central bank conducted a thorough study concluded that the lifting of the zeroes will strengthen the value of the Iraqi currency. 

this says to me that they added three zeros to the rate and notes which we know they did, and when they taken the three zeros notes away and remove there zeros from rate we all become wealthy! 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 6
  • Pow! 1

We know they will lift the 3 zeros. 

What we don't know...will it be a LOP or will they declare our IQD a dead currency & come out with a new one to replace it with?

Will it be a in country RV-RI only?

Nobody wants to go there or talk about these things.

We must prepare ourselves to accept all options. 

Don't count all your chickens before they hatch.  IMHO.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Luigi1 said:

What we don't know...will it be a LOP or will they declare our IQD a dead currency & come out with a new one to replace it with?

The statements says “strengthen the value”. A lop would be a neutral event and add no value. I don’t think this is what he was referring to. hopefully we’ll find out soon!

2 minutes ago, stanleypower said:

The statements says “strengthen the value”. A lop would be a neutral event and add no value. I don’t think this is what he was referring to. hopefully we’ll find out soon!

A LOP is a neutral event for all of us outside Iraq. 

Iraqi citizens will see a purchasing power increase.

Imports costs will be the first thing they'll notice.

Domestic made Iraq products will see no purchasing power gains.

I was in Turkey in 1987 when they LOPed the Lira. 

I noticed purchasing power for a short time. Turkey had runaway inflation at 100% & LOPed several times since then.    

A LOP did not solve the problem with runaway inflation in the long run. 

A LOP will only succeed if they have inflation under control before & after the event.

Not disagreeing.  Just saying what I seen with my own eyes. 

I lived on the Turkish economy.   

I did not benefit one iota from the Turkish LOP.

I saw no price advantages in Turkish made goods at the stores. 

Imports, however, came down for a very short time.

If they had a handle on inflation, the import advantage would have lasted much longer.  

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, rvmydinar said:

What is the date of this article?

12 hours ago, Jaygo said:

Exactly 

Parliamentary Culture: Central Bank of the process of printing the currency bearing the image of the tragedy of the Kurds Faili 

Thursday, March 15 / March 2012 15:15 ….it was taking from article with this heading…I have over 100 news articles talking about the plan to delete zeros in 2013. Thanks to iSIS, Iran and Obama this did not happen. Thanks to Trump when he visited and signed secret documents  we will see rate Change of some sort. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Luigi1 said:

A LOP is a neutral event for all of us outside Iraq. 

Iraqi citizens will see a purchasing power increase.

Imports costs will be the first thing they'll notice.

Domestic made Iraq products will see no purchasing power gains.

I was in Turkey in 1987 when they LOPed the Lira. 

I noticed purchasing power for a short time. Turkey had runaway inflation at 100% & LOPed several times since then.    

A LOP did not solve the problem with runaway inflation in the long run. 

A LOP will only succeed if they have inflation under control before & after the event.

Not disagreeing.  Just saying what I seen with my own eyes. 

I lived on the Turkish economy.   

I did not benefit one iota from the Turkish LOP.

I saw no price advantages in Turkish made goods at the stores. 

Imports, however, came down for a very short time.

If they had a handle on inflation, the import advantage would have lasted much longer.  

Can’t compare  germany to Iraq….this is bad argument….Turkey doesn’t have the oil that Iraq has….Turkey wasn’t part of plan to go to war rebuild and then revalue where cost of war would be repaid in full…plus some….

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

9 hours ago, stanleypower said:

100% must strengthen the value….what we know is they want purchasing power to return to what it iwas in the 70’s…we know they have coins and lower denoms printed…we know their currency is undervalued compared to other middle eastern oil producing countries….we know that they want to strengthen the value. We know that the exchnage could take place anywhere from between two years and upto 10 years and both currencies will run con current. We also know from previous articles that they will use large notes in interbank transactions. What we don’t how is when? Although if the us treasury has told them to stop using USD incountry then the process has started…we know IMF and CBI are meeting this has never taken place in Iraq in the 19 years I have been invested.. so let’s sit back and see what happens. jan could be our month.

ps we have also been led to believe that they can only rv on a Friday and Saturday because Iraqi banks are closed and us banks are closed on a Monday and Tuesday we also know that rate change must take place at the start of the financial year which is jan! 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Pow! 1

10 hours ago, Luigi1 said:

Partially correct…we need to prepare ourselves…I don’t agree with LOP but everything else we must consider…

• Pow! 1

1 hour ago, screwball said:

Can’t compare  germany to Iraq….this is bad argument….Turkey doesn’t have the oil that Iraq has….Turkey wasn’t part of plan to go to war rebuild and then revalue where cost of war would be repaid in full…plus some….

True.  Germany, Kuwait, Turkey & India RVs are all different scenarios, all under different circumstances.

Keep in mind the amount of IQD in circulation or stashed away both in & outside of Iraq.

If Iraq lifts the 3 zeros on 60 trillion IQD printed, it will become 60 Quadrillion @ 1 to 1.

It will become 240 quadrillion at 4 to 1 USD.

• Upvote 1