Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Parliament and the framework declare mourning for the victims of the demonstrators and the security forces, and Al-Sadr sends a delegation to the First Council

yota691

Demonstrators storm the Republican Palace in Baghdad

Baghdad - people   

Dozens of protesters stormed the Republican Palace, in the Green Zone, amid chants of the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr.   

The leader of the Sadrist movement, Sabah al-Saadi, commented earlier, after the movement's leader Muqtada al-Sadr announced his "retirement."  

And he said in a brief blog post, followed by "Nas" (May 29, 2022), that "the people are the source of the authorities and they have the final say."    

me_ga.php?id=40754  

On Monday, the "minister of al-Sadr" closed his channel on the "Telegram" application, after the leader of the Sadrist movement's recent tweet in which he announced his "retirement."  

On Monday, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, announced his final retirement and decided to close all institutions affiliated with the Sadrist movement, except for his father's shrine.  

me_ga.php?id=40746  

Earlier today, Shiite authority Kazem Al-Haeri issued a statement declaring religious retirement as a reference, attributing the matter to his health condition, while at the same time recommending to his followers to follow Ali Khamenei's reference in Iran.  

Al-Hairi stated in a statement received by “Nass” (August 29, 2022), “not continuing to confront the reference due to illness and advancing age,” saying: “One of the necessities of carrying out this great responsibility is the availability of physical health and the ability to follow up on the affairs of the nation, but today, when My health and physical strength are deteriorating due to illness and advancing age, and I feel that it is preventing me from fulfilling the duties placed on my shoulders - as I used to perform them before - in a way that does not achieve perfection and satisfaction.”          

He added, "Therefore, I announce not to continue to address this heavy and heavy responsibility, to drop all agencies and permissions issued by us or by our offices, and not to receive any legitimate rights from our agents and representatives on our behalf as of the date of this announcement."          

Al-Haeri called on the "believers" to "obey the guardian, the leader of the Islamic Revolution, Ali Khamenei," noting that he is "the most worthy and most qualified to lead the nation and manage the conflict with the forces of oppression and arrogance in these circumstances in which the forces of infidelity and evil have battled against the original Muhammadan Islam."          

Following is the text of the statement:  

A statement by His Eminence Sayyid Al-Haeri announcing that he will not continue to confront the reference due to illness and advancing age          

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful          

Praise be to God by the weight of His Throne and the ink of His words, and what His Book has enumerated and His knowledge encompasses. And prayers and peace be upon the Prophet of God, who was sent as a mercy to the worlds, Muhammad bin Abdullah, and his pure family.          

God Almighty said in the text of His Book: “God does not burden a soul beyond its capacity” Surah Al-Baqarah: verse: 286. Believe God Almighty.          

There is no doubt that one of the most important responsibilities and the greatest trusts in the era of the absence of the Imam Al-Hujjah (may God Almighty hasten his reappearance) is the responsibility of the jurists who meet the conditions of the nation’s affairs and protect its interests in general and in particular, through issuing fatwas and clarifying the legal rulings, and giving instructions and directions, and everything that would preserve its entity, its dignity and its dignity. risks reported.          

And after God Almighty enabled me to be a student at the hands of my teacher, the Great Ayatollah, the martyred master Muhammad Baqir al-Sadr (may God be pleased with him), I assumed this responsibility and did my best to achieve the goals for which he was martyred, to the extent of my ability, and to sponsor Islamic work in the Iraq of Al-Hussein (peace be upon him) and support authentic Islam. And protecting the believers, especially the Iraqi society, from the machinations of foreign colonizers.          

It is clear that one of the necessities of carrying out this great responsibility is the availability of physical health and the ability to follow the affairs of the nation, but today, when my health and physical strength are deteriorating due to illness and advancing age, I feel that it prevents me from performing the duties placed on my shoulders - as I used to perform them before - In a manner that does not achieve perfection and satisfaction, therefore, I declare not to continue to address this heavy and great responsibility, to drop all agencies and permissions issued by us or by our offices, and not to receive any legitimate rights by our agents and representatives on our behalf as of the date of this announcement.          

I must have some last words to recommend to my faithful children:          

First: All believers must obey the leader, the leader of the Islamic Revolution, His Eminence Grand Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei (may his shadow be long), because his Eminence is the best and most qualified to lead the nation and manage the struggle with the forces of oppression and arrogance in these circumstances in which the forces of disbelief and evil have fought against the original Muhammadan Islam.          

Second: I advise my children in our beloved Iraq to do the following:          

A- Preserving unity and harmony among them and not making room for colonialism, Zionism and their agents by igniting the fire of sedition and strife among believers, and knowing that their common enemy is America, Zionism and their cowards, so let them be tough against the infidels and merciful among them.          

B - The liberation of Iraq from any foreign occupation and from any presence of any security or military force, especially the American forces that perched on the chest of our wounded Iraq under various pretexts, and not allowing them to remain in Iraq, the country of sacred things, and keeping them is one of the greatest prohibitions in God Almighty, as we have clarified. in previous data.          

C - I call on those who stand up to positions and responsibilities to carry out their legitimate functions that they pledged to the people to fulfill, and to stay away from narrow personal and factional interests, which have inflicted calamities on the oppressed Iraqi people. This is security for them, pride for the people, and stability for the country.          

D- Scholars, religious seminary students, cultural elites, and conscious and sincere writers should work to educate the people, so that they can distinguish between enemy and friend and realize the reality of their interests and so that they will not be overlooked and belittled and disobeyed from them in what they do not know and do not benefit them, and so that they become acquainted with the machinations and conspiracies of the enemies, or their origins. At least they do not fall prey to their malicious and misguided goals.          

E- The sons of the two martyrs (may God sanctify their secret) must know that the love of the two martyrs is not sufficient unless faith is accompanied by their approach to righteous work and true adherence to their goals for which they sacrificed themselves. (May God be pleased with them both), or he addresses the leadership in their name while he lacks ijtihad or the other conditions required for legal leadership, then he is - in fact - not a Sadrist, no matter what he claims or affiliation with.          

f- I recommend to all believers in our holy mobilization that it must be supported and supported as an independent force that is not integrated into all other forces, for it is the fortified fortress, the striking hand and the force majeure for those stalking the security of the country and the interests of its people alongside the rest of the Iraqi armed forces, as we have repeatedly stated and affirmed.        

• Upvote 1

Operations announces a comprehensive curfew in the capital, Baghdad

Baghdad - people  

Today, Monday, the security forces announced a comprehensive ban in the capital, Baghdad.  

A statement of joint operations received by "Nass" (August 29, 2022), said that it "announces a comprehensive curfew in the capital, Baghdad, and includes vehicles and all citizens, starting at half past three in the afternoon today, Monday... and details later."  

The leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, announced, earlier, his final retirement and decided to close all institutions of the Sadrist movement, except for his father's shrine.  

me_ga.php?id=40746  

• Upvote 1

Allawi's coalition makes an appeal and warns of "the seriousness of the situation and its repercussions"

Baghdad - people   

On Monday, the National Coalition warned of the danger of the situation and its tragic repercussions on the Iraqi people in general.   

The coalition said in a statement, a copy of which was received by "Nas", (August 29, 2022), that it "warns of the dangers of an escalation in the pace of political conflicts and any external interference in Iraq or the course of events that have reached the climax of solidification, fragmentation and division."   

He called on all political parties to give precedence to the logic of wisdom, calm, and a sense of national and humanitarian responsibility, which we all need today more than ever, in the face of the enormity of internal and external risks and challenges. Mutual acceptance, political and social justice, and the rejection of all forms of quotas, domination and exclusion.   

The Joint Operations Command called on the demonstrators to immediately withdraw from the Green Zone.  

According to a joint operations statement, "Nass" received a copy of it (August 29, 2022), "the security forces call on the demonstrators to immediately withdraw from the Green Zone, and confirm that they have adhered to the highest levels of restraint and fraternal interaction to prevent clashes or the spilling of Iraqi blood."    

The security forces affirmed their responsibility to "protect government institutions, international missions, and public and private properties."    

The statement added, "Dealing with peaceful demonstrations is carried out through the constitution and laws, and the security forces will perform their duty to protect security and stability."    

On Monday, the "minister of al-Sadr" closed his channel on the "Telegram" application, after the leader of the Sadrist movement's recent tweet in which he announced his "retirement."  

On Monday, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, announced his final retirement and decided to close all institutions affiliated with the Sadrist movement, except for his father's shrine.  

me_ga.php?id=40746  

Earlier today, Shiite authority Kazem Al-Haeri issued a statement declaring religious retirement as a reference, attributing the matter to his health condition, while at the same time recommending to his followers to follow Ali Khamenei's reference in Iran.  

Al-Hairi stated in a statement received by “Nass” (August 29, 2022), “not continuing to confront the reference due to illness and advancing age,” saying: “One of the necessities of carrying out this great responsibility is the availability of physical health and the ability to follow up on the affairs of the nation, but today, when My health and physical strength are deteriorating due to illness and advancing age, and I feel that it is preventing me from fulfilling the duties placed on my shoulders - as I used to perform them before - in a way that does not achieve perfection and satisfaction.”            

He added, "Therefore, I announce not to continue to address this heavy and heavy responsibility, to drop all agencies and permissions issued by us or by our offices, and not to receive any legitimate rights from our agents and representatives on our behalf as of the date of this announcement."            

Al-Haeri called on the "believers" to "obey the guardian, the leader of the Islamic Revolution, Ali Khamenei," noting that he is "the most worthy and most qualified to lead the nation and manage the conflict with the forces of oppression and arrogance in these circumstances in which the forces of infidelity and evil have battled against the original Muhammadan Islam."            

Following is the text of the statement:  

A statement by His Eminence Sayyid Al-Haeri announcing that he will not continue to confront the reference due to illness and advancing age            

In the Name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful            

Praise be to God by the weight of His Throne and the ink of His words, and what His Book has enumerated and His knowledge encompasses. And prayers and peace be upon the Prophet of God, who was sent as a mercy to the worlds, Muhammad bin Abdullah, and his pure family.            

God Almighty said in the text of His Book: “God does not burden a soul beyond its capacity” Surah Al-Baqarah: verse: 286. Believe God Almighty.            

There is no doubt that one of the most important responsibilities and the greatest trusts in the era of the absence of the Imam Al-Hujjah (may God Almighty hasten his reappearance) is the responsibility of the jurists who meet the conditions of the nation’s affairs and protect its interests in general and in particular, through issuing fatwas and clarifying the legal rulings, and giving instructions and directions, and everything that would preserve its entity, its dignity and its dignity. risks reported.            

And after God Almighty enabled me to be a student at the hands of my teacher, the Great Ayatollah, the martyred master Muhammad Baqir al-Sadr (may God be pleased with him), I assumed this responsibility and did my best to achieve the goals for which he was martyred, to the extent of my ability, and to sponsor Islamic work in the Iraq of Al-Hussein (peace be upon him) and support authentic Islam. And protecting the believers, especially the Iraqi society, from the machinations of foreign colonizers.            

It is clear that one of the necessities of carrying out this great responsibility is the availability of physical health and the ability to follow the affairs of the nation, but today, when my health and physical strength are deteriorating due to illness and advancing age, I feel that it prevents me from performing the duties placed on my shoulders - as I used to perform them before - In a manner that does not achieve perfection and satisfaction, therefore, I declare not to continue to address this heavy and great responsibility, to drop all agencies and permissions issued by us or by our offices, and not to receive any legitimate rights by our agents and representatives on our behalf as of the date of this announcement.            

I must have some last words to recommend to my faithful children:            

First: All believers must obey the leader, the leader of the Islamic Revolution, His Eminence Grand Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei (may his shadow be long), because his Eminence is the best and most qualified to lead the nation and manage the struggle with the forces of oppression and arrogance in these circumstances in which the forces of disbelief and evil have fought against the original Muhammadan Islam.            

Second: I advise my children in our beloved Iraq to do the following:            

A- Preserving unity and harmony among them and not making room for colonialism, Zionism and their agents by igniting the fire of sedition and strife among believers, and knowing that their common enemy is America, Zionism and their cowards, so let them be tough against the infidels and merciful among them.            

B - The liberation of Iraq from any foreign occupation and from any presence of any security or military force, especially the American forces that perched on the chest of our wounded Iraq under various pretexts, and not allowing them to remain in Iraq, the country of sacred things, and keeping them is one of the greatest prohibitions in God Almighty, as we have clarified. in previous data.            

C - I call on those who stand up to positions and responsibilities to carry out their legitimate functions that they pledged to the people to fulfill, and to stay away from narrow personal and factional interests, which have inflicted calamities on the oppressed Iraqi people. This is security for them, pride for the people, and stability for the country.            

D- Scholars, religious seminary students, cultural elites, and conscious and sincere writers should work to educate the people, so that they can distinguish between enemy and friend and realize the reality of their interests and so that they will not be overlooked and belittled and disobeyed from them in what they do not know and do not benefit them, and so that they become acquainted with the machinations and conspiracies of the enemies, or their origins. At least they do not fall prey to their malicious and misguided goals.            

E- The sons of the two martyrs (may God sanctify their secret) must know that the love of the two martyrs is not sufficient unless faith is accompanied by their approach to righteous work and true adherence to their goals for which they sacrificed themselves. (May God be pleased with them both), or he addresses the leadership in their name while he lacks ijtihad or the other conditions required for legal leadership, then he is - in fact - not a Sadrist, no matter what he claims or affiliation with.            

f- I recommend to all believers in our holy mobilization that it must be supported and supported as an independent force that is not integrated into all other forces, for it is the fortified fortress, the striking hand and the force majeure for those stalking the security of the country and the interests of its people alongside the rest of the Iraqi armed forces, as we have repeatedly stated and affirmed.        

• Upvote 1

The joint operations call on the demonstrators to immediately withdraw from the Green Zone

{Umniah: Al Furat News} The Joint Operations Command called on the demonstrators to immediately withdraw from inside the Green Zone

The leadership stated in a statement received by {Euphrates News} that "the security forces call on the demonstrators to withdraw immediately from inside the Green Zone," stressing that they "committed the highest levels of self-restraint and brotherly dealings to prevent collision or Iraqi bloodshed." 

The security forces affirmed their "responsibility to protect government institutions, international missions, and public and private properties."

The statement concluded, "Dealing with peaceful demonstrations is carried out through the constitution and laws, and the security forces will carry out their duty to protect security and stability."

• Upvote 1

• Time: 08/29/2022 14:58:35
  •  
  • Reading: 1,456 times
Joint Operations announces a comprehensive curfew in Baghdad

Statement
=====
The Joint Operations Command announces a comprehensive curfew in the capital, Baghdad, which includes vehicles and all citizens, starting at half past three in the afternoon this Monday.. Details later

• Upvote 1

Al-Kazemi directs to suspend cabinet sessions to allow protesters to enter the council headquarters

{Political: Al Furat News} The Prime Minister directed the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Mustafa Al-Kazemi, to suspend the Council of Ministers of its sessions until further notice.

Al-Kazemi's office attributed the decision, in a statement received by Al-Furat News Agency, to "a group of demonstrators entering the Cabinet headquarters represented by the Governmental Palace."

• Upvote 1

Sadrist protesters storm the Republican Palace in Baghdad

Today, Monday, the Sadrist movement stormed the Republican Palace in the Green Zone in central Baghdad.

Sadrist protesters storm the Republican Palace in Baghdad

Alsumaria News correspondent said, "A number of Sadrist movement's demonstrators stormed the Republican Palace in the Green Zone in central Baghdad."

Earlier in the day, the Joint Operations Command called on the demonstrators to immediately withdraw from the Green Zone, before announcing the imposition of a comprehensive curfew in various parts of Baghdad.

• Upvote 1

2022-08-29 08:27

Shafaq News/ An informed political source revealed today, Monday, that the leader of the Sadrist movement refused governmental and political "requests and communications" to interfere with the situation inside the Green Zone.

The source said in an interview with Shafaq News Agency, "Intense contacts by governmental and political parties on leaders of the Sadrist movement in order to request the intervention of the leader of the movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, to calm the situation inside the Green Zone and not to get out of control."

The source added that "there is a refusal by the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, and the leaders of the movement to interfere with what is going on in Al-Khadra at the moment."

These developments come after the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, announced today, Monday, his final retirement and decided to close all institutions affiliated with the Sadrist movement, except for his father's shrine. On roaming in the capital, Baghdad.

• Upvote 1

2022-08-29 08:55

Shafaq News/ Today, Monday, the Green Zone witnessed the start of what the Sadrists call the "zero hour", with the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, declaring his permanent retirement from political work and his supporters calling on him to pray for him that "he died or was killed.

After Al-Sadr announced his retirement from political work, the Green Zone witnessed an influx of Sadrists who were inside the Green Zone, and a number of demonstrators followed them towards the government palace and worked to storm it an hour after besieging it, while Al-Kazemi announced the suspension of cabinet sessions until further notice after the storming operation.

"Angry" demonstrators chanted slogans denouncing the current political system and calling for its overthrow, and glorified the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr. It was also reported that the demonstrators went to the "Mu'tasim" tents, the coordination framework at the suspension bridge, before the security forces deployed heavily inside the Green Zone and at its doors.

While the security forces began announcing a curfew, Shafak News Agency monitored the continued influx of demonstrators from the eastern areas of Baghdad to the Green Zone across the Jumhuriya Bridge.

This Sadrist "frenzy" comes after Al-Sadr was provoked, according to the Sadrists, one day before the Federal Court session to dissolve the House of Representatives, and one day before the end of the deadline set by Al-Sadr for the political blocs by declaring a collective "resignation" and not participating in the upcoming elections, including The Sadrist movement, and the Sadrists are likely to carry out civil disobedience or unexpected steps in the event of the expiry of the deadline, which seems to have begun prematurely with al-Sadr’s retirement from politics and the spread of his supporters inside the green, pending developments in the coming hours and days.

• Upvote 1

2022-08-29 08:41

Shafaq News/ On Monday, Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi suspended the council's sessions until further notice, against the background of the escalating events in the Green Zone by supporters of the Sadrist movement.

In a brief statement received by Shafaq News, Al-Kazemi's media office stated that the latter directed the Cabinet to suspend its sessions until further notice; This was due to the entry of a group of demonstrators to the headquarters of the Council of Ministers represented in the Government Palace.

Earlier today, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, announced his retirement from political work and the closure of all political, media and social institutions associated with him, and stressed his followers not to use his name or the name of the movement in any political or media activity.

As a result, the sit-in of the Sadrist movement's supporters in the Green Zone turned into storming the Republican Palace in the Green Zone and declaring a general mobilization.

2022-08-29 09:17

Shafaq News / Protesters of the Sadrist movement closed, on Monday, the Dhi Qar Governorate Office building, and all government departments in Maysan.

Shafaq News Agency's correspondent stated that dozens of Sadrist movement's supporters wrote banners on the Dhi Qar governorate office building (closed by the order of the Ashura revolutionaries), noting that "the protesters raised slogans (No, no to the occupier)."

On the other hand, protesters in Maysan closed all government departments in the province, after they cut off the province by burning tires in the public streets.

Eyewitnesses told the agency, "Dozens of the movement's supporters blocked roads inside and outside the province linking Maysan with its neighboring provinces with burning tires, as a result of the expiry of Sadr's revolutionary deadline of 72 hours."

Earlier today, the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, announced his retirement from political work and the closure of all political, media and social institutions associated with him, and stressed his followers not to use his name or the name of the movement in any political or media activity.

As a result, the sit-in of the Sadrist movement's supporters in the Green Zone turned into storming the Republican Palace in the Green Zone and declaring a general mobilization.

Today, Monday, Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi called on the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada Al-Sadr, to help call on the demonstrators to withdraw from government institutions.

Al-Kazemi said in a statement, "The dangerous developments that took place in our dear Iraq today, from the demonstrators storming the Green Zone and entering government institutions, indicate the seriousness of the consequences of the continuation and accumulation of political differences."

He added, "While we affirm that the demonstrators' bypassing state institutions is a condemned act and outside the legal contexts, we call on His Eminence Sayyid Muqtada al-Sadr, who has always supported the state and emphasized keenness on its prestige and respect for the security forces to help call the demonstrators to withdraw from government institutions."

He pointed out that "the persistence of the political dispute to the point of harming all state institutions does not serve the capabilities, aspirations, future, and territorial integrity of the Iraqi people."

Al-Kazemi renewed, "the call for restraint from everyone, and the demonstrators to immediately withdraw from the Green Zone and to abide by the instructions of the security forces responsible for protecting official institutions and the lives of citizens."

Security source: Al-Sadr's followers storm the government palace in Baghdad

image.jpg

Source:

• Baghdad - agencies
Date: 

Dozens of Muqtada al-Sadr's followers stormed the government palace in the Iraqi capital, Baghdad, today, Monday, to express their anger after al-Sadr announced his final retirement from political work, according to a security source.

The French news agency quoted a security source as saying that al-Sadr's supporters entered the Republican Palace in the fortified Green Zone, the entrances of which were closed.

The Iraqi security had imposed a comprehensive curfew in Baghdad, starting from 3:30 pm local time.

Al-Sadr supporters rally in Baghdad amid deadlock
319 views Aug 28, 2022

AP Archive

(23 Aug 2022) 
RESTRICTION SUMMARY:
ASSOCIATED PRESS
Baghdad - 23 August 2022
1. Various of supporters of influential Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr protesting and chanting at main entrance of the Supreme Judicial Council
2. Various of poster of al-Sadr held up by demonstrators 
3. Sign on building reading (Arabic): "Supreme Judicial Council"
4. SOUNDBITE (Arabic) Mustafa Sadoun, supporter of Muqtada al-Sadr:
"Today, we started our sit-in in front of the Supreme Judicial Council. Our demands are clear to everyone, dissolving parliament, naming the largest bloc (in the next election as the winning bloc), amending the articles of the constitution, and working toward having an impartial judiciary that works to serve the Iraqi citizen away from the abhorrent (sectarian) quotas."
5. Various of al-Sadr supporters seated inside tent 
6. Various of al-Sadr supporters carrying garbage bin with writing on it, reading (Arabic): "Zidan",  referring to Faiq Zidan, President of the Supreme Judicial Council and Chief of the Federal Court of Cassation 
STORYLINE: 
Dozens of supporters of Iraq's influential Shiite cleric Muqtada al-Sadr were on Tuesday rallying in Baghdad's heavily fortified Green Zone amid a monthslong political crisis.
The protesters pitched tents outside of the Supreme Judicial Council and carried banners calling for the authorities to dissolve parliament, schedule early parliamentary elections, and combat corruption.
They decried what they say is the politicization of the judiciary in favor of the Coordination Framework, an alliance of Iran-backed parties and al-Sadr's Shiite rivals.
The followers of the cleric and his political rivals, the Iran-backed Shiite groups, have been at odds since after last year’s parliamentary elections.
Al-Sadr won the largest share of seats in the October vote but failed to form a majority government, leading to what has become one of the worst political crises in Iraq in recent years. 
His supporters in late July stormed the parliament and have held frequent protests there.
Caretaker Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kadhimi last week called a meeting of senior political leaders and party representatives to find a solution - but al-Sadr’s party did not attend.
The Supreme Judicial Council and Federal Supreme Court in a statement said they have suspended court sessions after receiving "threats over the phone" to pressure them to dissolve parliament.

2022-08-29 09:26

Shafaq News/ Prime Minister Mustafa Al-Kazemi condemned, on Monday, the Sadrist movement's storming of the Republican Palace and government institutions in the Green Zone in central Baghdad, calling on the movement's leader Muqtada al-Sadr to withdraw his supporters and respect the state's prestige.

Al-Kazemi said in a statement received by Shafaq News Agency, "The dangerous developments that took place in our dear Iraq today, from the demonstrators storming the Green Zone and entering government institutions, indicate the seriousness of the consequences of the continuation and accumulation of political differences."

He added, "While we affirm that the demonstrators' bypassing state institutions is a condemned act and outside the legal contexts, we call on the leader of the Sadrist movement, Muqtada al-Sadr, who has always supported the state and emphasized keenness on its prestige and respect for the security forces to help call the demonstrators to withdraw from government institutions."

He pointed out that "the persistence of the political dispute to the point of damaging all state institutions does not serve the capabilities, aspirations, future, and territorial integrity of the Iraqi people."

Al-Kazemi renewed his call for "restraint from everyone, and we call on the demonstrators to immediately withdraw from the Green Zone and abide by the instructions of the security forces responsible for protecting official institutions and the lives of citizens."

• Pow! 1

Shia cleric’s followers storm Iraq government palace amid growing crisis

Hundreds enter building in Baghdad after influential Muqtada al-Sadr announces withdrawal from politics

Associated Press in Baghdad
Mon 29 Aug 2022 14.44 BST

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/aug/29/followers-shia-cleric-storm-iraq-government-palace-muqtada-al-sadr

• Thanks 1