Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq.. 5,000 suffocation cases were recorded due to dust storms during the past 24 hours

Iraq.. 5,000 suffocation cases were recorded due to dust storms during the past 24 hours
Publication date: 05.05.2022 | 12:23 GMT |

Last update: 05.05.2022 | 12:46 GMT |Arab world news

AFP

Today, Thursday, the Iraqi Ministry of Health announced the registration of more than 5,000 cases of suffocation due to dust storms that the country witnessed during the past 24 hours.  

"All hospitals, health institutions and emergency departments are on alert, and many cases of suffocation have been recorded as a result of the dust storm that hit the country's governorates," the ministry's spokesman, Saif Al-Badr, said in a press statement.
He added, "Baghdad Governorate recorded more than 2000 cases of suffocation and one death."
He pointed out that "this statistic is not final, and the total cases of suffocation that occurred in Baghdad and the rest of the provinces are more than 5,000 cases."
He continued, "Most of the cases are moderate to simple, and most of them left after receiving treatment, and that most of the infected cases suffer from chronic diseases such as asthma, in addition to the elderly who have health problems."

Source: RT

• Upvote 1

Iraq.. one death and 5,000 cases of suffocation due to a dust storm

According to the spokesman for the Ministry of Health, Saif Al-Badr, the storm hit several governorates in the country on Wednesday evening

Iraq.. one death and 5,000 cases of suffocation due to a dust storm

Baghdad

Baghdad / Ali Jawad / Anatolia

On Thursday, an Iraqi official announced that one death and more than 5,000 cases of suffocation had been recorded due to the dust storm that hit the country, calling on citizens to stay at home.

A severe dust storm coming from the Western Desert hit the capital, Baghdad, and a number of provinces, on Wednesday evening, according to the official Iraqi Meteorological Authority.

"All hospitals, health institutions and emergency departments are on alert, and many cases of suffocation have been recorded as a result of the dust storm that hit the country's governorates," Ministry of Health spokesman Saif Al-Badr said in a statement.

The Iraqi official added, "The total number of suffocation cases recorded in the country amounted to more than 5,000, including two thousand in Baghdad, in addition to one death."

He called on Iraqis to "stay at home, especially those with chronic diseases such as asthma."

For years, Iraq has repeatedly suffered from bad weather as a result of dust storms, due to the increase in desertified areas, caused by successive droughts.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• Time: 05/06/2022 08:41:52
  •  
  • Reading: 2,600 times
A new wave of dust in Iraq

{Local: Al Furat News} A weather forecaster expected a "moderate" dust wave to hit the country this Friday morning.

Sadiq Attia said in a post on his Facebook page: “With the entry of a moderate temperature mass from the west of the country and moderate activity with surface winds, expectations of a dust wave of medium intensity will affect the western regions of the country and some of the central cities, including the capital, Baghdad, and areas of cities west of the central Euphrates {Najaf. And Diwaniyah} dawn and morning on Friday 6/5/2022 and then rushes towards the southern desert during the day.
He added, "The rest of the cities of the central and southern countries, light to medium intensity dust continues to be stuck in them, with a relative improvement in horizontal visibility."

cbcb32994827a5c4ef1b8a630a4fa66e.jpg

• Time: 05/06/2022 13:58:56
  •  
  • Reading: 728 times
Expectations of continuing dust until tomorrow afternoon

{Local: Al-Furat News} A weather forecaster expected that the dust stuck in the current Iraqi airspace would continue until noon tomorrow, Saturday.

Sadiq Attia said in a post on his Facebook page: "The suspended dust and waves of dense and medium dust in the cities of the center and south of the country today, Friday, continue to have an impact for more than 24 hours."

He added, "Expectations indicate that this dust will continue until before noon tomorrow, Saturday, in separate areas of the central and southern cities of the country."

Attia pointed out that "thunderstorms will continue to fall today, and will continue at intermittent periods tomorrow in the cities of the north of the country today, and will extend tomorrow morning to include northern Anbar and Salah al-Din and perhaps north of the capital and Diyala also in the form of rapid showers."

He predicted that "the intensity of spring fluctuations in the center and south will decrease, and the intensity of dust will decrease with it during the daylight hours on Saturday, May 7, and the winds will stabilize temporarily from northwest." 

He pointed out that the dust is currently "concentrated in the south of the country, north of Baghdad, Salah al-Din, Diyala and parts of the northern cities due to the western winds."

3 hours ago, rvmydinar said:

Is that malarky wearing triple masks waving his right hand while waiting for a camel cab to pick him up in the middle of the desert?? How many hours has he been standing there??

Could be.. Can't tell with the visibility if that is a potato head or not.

Don't think potato's  require masks. Cuz dey are vegetables.😜

He's probably got his own chauffeured  spud truck.

Good call though. 

Thanks!! I have a saying .. If you don't  laugh you'll cry. 

That's what comedy is about taking a bad situation and putting a ha ha twist on it.

Plenty of bad 'stuff" to go around for material

Roomed with some Improv guys In the 70's in Chicago. Jim Belushi was their mentor.

Got to meet him.

He was still at Second City on his way to Saturday Night Live. I was hooked on comedy.

Boy do I miss ole Thugers. He is brilliant and truly gifted!

Keep smiling DV''rs

Laugh will make all of us feel happy ( and forget about unhappy things even for just a moment ) and bring more confident to ourselves. On the other hand, cry just makes us feel sad, miserable, moody and hopeless about ourselves. For some people, it is very difficult to make them feel happy during covid-19 that isn't over yet. By the way, are you trying to be a comedian or do you just like watching a comedy?

I just try to make a smile if I can get chuckle it's just a bonus,

A smile is good enough for me as laughter and smiles are infectious.

Sadness like Covid is infectious too that's have we have to keep our sense of humor

I like several sitcoms and just found out about Sirius radio with 5 comedy channels.

These comedians are so gifted. They can save the F bombs, too many with some

I like good clean humor . I can hardly remember the jokes. Otherwise I would plagiarize them. Just Kidding.

Could never do stand up but I so admire their talent.  I am more spontaneous and like to play off people.

Smile every time. Good enough for me. We as a society need to lighten up instead of busting each others chops

Laughter IS the best medicine!! Scientific fact. 

16 hours ago, rvmydinar said:

I like several sitcoms back in 90's , like Married with children , Saved by the bell, Roseanne, Family matter , Full house , The fresh prince of bel air , Home improvement , Friends , Mr. Belvedere , etc. As you said, laughter is the best medicine.

Yea all those oldies but goodies. Haven't seen any newer ones I really like for quite awhile. Thank God for reruns

3 hours ago, Stelardoc said:

Yea all those oldies but goodies. Haven't seen any newer ones I really like for quite awhile. Thank God for reruns

I like watching them a lot. Hopefully, the actors and actress haven't been retired yet cause i love to watch the newer ones too and it makes me never stop laughing.

• Upvote 1

After the "violent" dust waves... Iraq is on a date with the forty heat, starting in the middle of the week

Baghdad - people  

Weather forecasts, on Saturday, indicate the stability of the weather in most regions of the country, except for the northern regions, which will be affected by thunderstorms in the coming days.  

The forecaster, Hussain Al-Asadi, said in a clarification followed by "Nass" (May 7, 2022), that "expectations indicate that thunder clouds will continue to form during the coming days in the northern regions, especially Dohuk, Erbil, Sulaymaniyah, and northern Mosul, in the form of cloud formations from time to time, perhaps." It is accompanied by downward winds that raise dust."  

He added, "Stability in the weather during the coming days will be in the rest of the areas not mentioned above, with a chance of light dust."  

And he continued, the weather maps indicate a rise in temperatures from the middle of this week, to approach 40 degrees Celsius in the south and the mid-thirties in the rest of the regions, with activity expected in the northwestern Al-Bawareh winds, as the weather maps indicate the beginning of the Al-Bawareh season from the end of the current week and the week. In the coming years, it is characterized by active winds that raise dust, and with the drought prevailing in the region, the dust waves will be more intense and frequent than previous years, and they will be concentrated in the cities of the east and south of the country.”  

The attached map shows the temperatures at noon tomorrow, Sunday:  

me_ga.php?id=36214 

6 hours ago, yota691 said:
After the "violent" dust waves... Iraq is on a date with the forty heat, starting in the middle of the week

Baghdad - people  

Weather forecasts, on Saturday, indicate the stability of the weather in most regions of the country, except for the northern regions, which will be affected by thunderstorms in the coming days.  

The forecaster, Hussain Al-Asadi, said in a clarification followed by "Nass" (May 7, 2022), that "expectations indicate that thunder clouds will continue to form during the coming days in the northern regions, especially Dohuk, Erbil, Sulaymaniyah, and northern Mosul, in the form of cloud formations from time to time, perhaps." It is accompanied by downward winds that raise dust."  

He added, "Stability in the weather during the coming days will be in the rest of the areas not mentioned above, with a chance of light dust."  

And he continued, the weather maps indicate a rise in temperatures from the middle of this week, to approach 40 degrees Celsius in the south and the mid-thirties in the rest of the regions, with activity expected in the northwestern Al-Bawareh winds, as the weather maps indicate the beginning of the Al-Bawareh season from the end of the current week and the week. In the coming years, it is characterized by active winds that raise dust, and with the drought prevailing in the region, the dust waves will be more intense and frequent than previous years, and they will be concentrated in the cities of the east and south of the country.”  

The attached map shows the temperatures at noon tomorrow, Sunday:  

me_ga.php?id=36214 

WOW.. Hotter than Hates.. Yes make it rain.. Do Muslims do any rain dancing like our native Americans?

Quote: "Thunderstorms in the coming days" Sound familiar? I will double down on soon. But I won't put any money on 

it. Don't feel that lucky😉

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Stelardoc said:

WOW.. Hotter than Hates.. Yes make it rain.. Do Muslims do any rain dancing like our native Americans?

Quote: "Thunderstorms in the coming days" Sound familiar? I will double down on soon. But I won't put any money on 

it. Don't feel that lucky😉

These guys got no rythum for a rain dance.

Tell U something though, if these clowns don't get off the dime and " SOON " (😄😞) I might ask my Navajo friends to send over some Skin Walkers.

( My wife is part Navajo ). 

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

3 hours ago, horsesoldier said:

These guys got no rhythm for a rain dance.

Tell U something though, if these clowns don't get off the dime and " SOON " (😄😞) I might ask my Navajo friends to send over some Skin Walkers.

( My wife is part Navajo ). 

I was torn on giving you a HA Ha or  Pow. There were both in your post. I have great respect for our Native nations.

My German side settled on a Winnebago Rez when they were persecuting German immigrants.

I became blood bothers with an Omaha when we were like 10. The real deal. 12 tribes of Sioux here north and west.

So let's call it a HA HA. and a POW WOW!! 🤩

• Thanks 1