Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

7 hours ago, bigwave said:

FYI: 12x faster that the SR-71

image.png.6b36d7d524d897f153848118548ab844.png

More to come as I have been busy the past few days.....

See above.

Ya know what amazes me the most. Is that the Forked Tounged tongue Space agency always mocks the simpletons in this way. They know that people are brainwashed by more than a 100 Years of Tell A Vision no matter what they won't see who they are. 

Remember a couple of years ago they claimed that one of their "spacecrafts"  flew past Pluto and when they showed us the pictures you could see an outline of Pluto the dog? 

And still people believe. Go figure. :shrug:

image.png

image.png

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

10 hours ago, bigwave said:

See above.

You ever fly in a, now retired, SR-71 Blackbird?....I haven't.  I take the word of the pilots giving interviews of their experiences.....It's called trust.  And you just used "trust" by comparing the speed of the SR-71 (which you obviously believe) to space flight to make a point.  Think about that.  ;)

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Shabibilicious said:

You ever fly in a, now retired, SR-71 Blackbird?....I haven't.  I take the word of the pilots giving interviews of their experiences.....It's called trust.  And you just used "trust" by comparing the speed of the SR-71 (which you obviously believe) to space flight to make a point.  Think about that.  ;)

GO RV, then BV

6.666 THINK ABOUT THAT 

• Downvote 1

On 2/24/2021 at 8:02 AM, Shabibilicious said:

Are we to believe the Earth is flat like a table but God chose to stand the flat moon, the flat planets and the flat sun on their edge, like nickels on a foot stool, so we could view them in all their glory?  :blink:  Hi, by the way....How's it going Brandy?  Been awhile.  :wave:;)

GO RV, then BV

Hi Shabs :) been a while.

17 hours ago, bigwave said:

See above.

9 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Ya know what amazes me the most. Is that the Forked Tounged tongue Space agency always mocks the simpletons in this way. They know that people are brainwashed by more than a 100 Years of Tell A Vision no matter what they won't see who they are. 

Remember a couple of years ago they claimed that one of their "spacecrafts"  flew past Pluto and when they showed us the pictures you could see an outline of Pluto the dog? 

And still people believe. Go figure. :shrug:

image.png

image.png

So, OK, BigWave and LadyGrace'sDaddy.

What is the point by the both of You demonstrating the Dunning-Kruger Effect?

Dunning-Kruger Effect

The Dunning-Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people wrongly overestimate their knowledge or ability in a specific area. This tends to occur because a lack of self-awareness prevents them from accurately assessing their own skills.

Contents

Understanding the Dunning-Kruger Effect

Who Is Impacted

How to Avoid It

Understanding the Dunning-Kruger Effect

The concept of the Dunning-Kruger effect is based on a 1999 paper by Cornell University psychologists David Dunning and Justin Kruger. The pair tested participants on their logic, grammar, and sense of humor, and found that those who performed in the bottom quartile rated their skills far above average. For example, those in the 12th percentile self-rated their expertise to be, on average, in the 62nd percentile.

The researchers attributed the trend to a problem of metacognition—the ability to analyze one’s own thoughts or performance. “Those with limited knowledge in a domain suffer a dual burden: Not only do they reach mistaken conclusions and make regrettable errors, but their incompetence robs them of the ability to realize it,” they wrote.

What causes the Dunning-Kruger effect?

Confidence is so highly prized that many people would rather pretend to be smart or skilled than risk looking inadequate and losing face. Even smart people can be affected by the Dunning-Kruger effect because having intelligence isn’t the same thing as learning and developing a specific skill. Many individuals mistakenly believe that their experience and skills in one particular area are transferable to another.

Why do people fail to recognize their own incompetence?

Many people would describe themselves as above average in intelligence, humor, and a variety of skills. They can’t accurately judge their own competence, because they lack metacognition, or the ability to step back and examine oneself objectively. In fact, those who are the least skilled are also the most likely to overestimate their abilities.

What is the double curse of the Dunning-Kruger effect?

What is the opposite of the Dunning-Kruger effect?

Who Is Impacted by the Dunning-Kruger Effect

The Dunning-Kruger effect has been found in domains ranging from logical reasoning to emotional intelligence, financial knowledge, and firearm safety. And the effect isn't spotted only among incompetent individuals; most people have weak points where the bias can take hold. It also applies to people with a seemingly solid knowledge base: Individuals rating as high as the 80th percentile for a skill have still been found to overestimate their ability to some degree.

This tendency may occur because gaining a small amount of knowledge in an area about which one was previously ignorant can make people feel as though they’re suddenly virtual experts. Only after continuing to explore a topic do they realize how extensive it is and how much they still have to master.

Why do people think they know more than they do?

One type of overconfidence, called overprecision, occurs when someone is exaggeratedly certain that their answers are correct. These individuals may seem highly competent and persuasive due to their apparent confidence. They are often driven by a desire for status and power and the need to appear smarter than the people around them.

Why do people overestimate their competence?

Overestimation, another kind of overconfidence, refers to the discrepancy between someone’s skills and their perception of those skills. People who overestimate themselves frequently engage in wishful thinking with harmful consequences. If someone overestimates their capabilities, they may take dangerous risks and overextend themselves beyond their limits, like an athlete pushing themselves to the point of injury.

Why do some people believe they are better than others?

How to Avoid the Dunning-Kruger Effect

To avoid falling prey to the Dunning-Kruger effect, people can honestly and routinely question their knowledge base and the conclusions they draw, rather than blindly accepting them. As David Dunning proposes, people can be their own devil’s advocates, by challenging themselves to probe how they might possibly be wrong.

Individuals could also escape the trap by seeking others whose expertise can help cover their own blind spots, such as turning to a colleague or friend for advice or constructive criticism. Continuing to study a specific subject will also bring one’s capacity into a clearer focus.

Do I have the Dunning-Kruger effect?

Ask yourself: Have you ever heard similar criticisms from different people in your life and ignored or discounted them? You may have experienced the Dunning-Kruger effect. Take a look at those areas in your life where you feel 100 percent confident. Acknowledge the possibility that you might not always be right, and you might need to acquire knowledge or practice more.

How do you fix the Dunning-Kruger effect?

Question what you know and pay attention to those who have different viewpoints. Seek feedback from people you can trust who you know are highly skilled in your area of interest. Be open to constructive criticism and resist the impulse to become defensive. Don’t pretend to know something you don’t. Make it a priority to continue learning and growing.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basics/dunning-kruger-effect

Not so blissful ignorance: The Dunning-Kruger effect at work, Brunch - THE  BUSINESS TIMES

Well, OK:

The Dunning-Kruger Effect and You – Thinking Out Cloud

Obviously, gravitational pull from planets and internal propulsion are necessary to arrive at a particular destination.

Meteors and asteroids impact the Earth's SPHERICAL (geoidal) atmosphere at a range of velocities to include the one noted in the NASA rover that recently landed on Mars.

So, again, what is the pointless point of attempting to portray the Earth as Flat either through bogus scientific methodologies or Biblical FALSE Doctrine?

Or to question whether or not man has reached the Moon and back or have sent spacecraft and rovers past and to other actually existing celestial bodies?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

6.666 THINK ABOUT THAT 

So LGD, I assume by your post that seems a bit fast for your believing. Well the SR-71 was designed to fly Mach 3 at 80,000+ feet above the earth near the edge of space. Mach 3 at that altitude is 2000 mph or 33.3 miles per minute or .55 miles per second. A space craft leaving the earth's atmosphere and orbit gets to 22,000mph. That equates to 366.6 miles per minute or 6.11 miles per second. In addition these speeds can be achieved much easier once the vessel escapes the earth's atmosphere and thus virtually has no frictional drag with which to contend.

• Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Synopsis said:

What is the point by the both of You demonstrating the Dunning-Kruger Effect

Romans 1:22

Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

You'd do better to acknowledge your place in God's Kingdom instead of spewing Satans gobbledygook rhetoric. 

Satan has always used fools with big words and ZERO understanding of reality in order to convince the masses that their gobbledygook is real and scientific. When in reality the very study of science is something God himself told us NEVER to look at or touch it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Pow! 1

9 hours ago, bigwave said:

I wonder why old photos look flat in the back ground waaaay up there and the current pictures look curved?

image.png.86a54a52385aef6978ddd0a66697aa40.png

Looking at the far left horizon to top of photo and comparing the far right horizon to top of photo, sure looks curved to me!

Should the photo be Flat Earther "righted", the U-2 nose would be pointed "up" and headed for outer space, the Moon, the Sun, or whatever. In the Flat Earth view of things, Flat Earth trajectory. No "up". No "down". No drag needed for lift and orienting the air craft to maintain elevation on an ACTAUL SPHERICAL (geoidal) Earth. Just pointed straight ahead. Ignore the relevant laws governing the phenomena since they are NOT welcome to Flat Earthers.

In reality, serially presenting Flat Earth STUPIDITY materials DOES NOT CHANGE THE ACTUAL FACT THAT THE Earth is SPHERICAL (geoidal) in shape as has been DEMONSTRATED MANY TIMES OVER.

Just now, bigwave said:

"From the Edge of space:"

mig29-04.jpg

How flat is that?

Index of Refraction due to the canopy and other effects like, potentially, Flat Earther photoshopping.

1 minute ago, bigwave said:

Why is it that all of the older photos are being replaced with stuff like this?:

Wide-Angle and Fish-Eye Lens Buying Guide | Expert photography blogs, tip, techniques, camera ...

Great example of physical phenomena used to portray an artistic effect. Or Flat Earther photoshopping in an attempt to support Flat Earth FALSE Doctrine.

Just now, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

You'd do better to acknowledge your place in God's Kingdom instead of spewing Satans gobbledygook rhetoric. 

Who is to tell me my place in God's Kingdom?

You, LadyGrace'sDaddy?

Have You, LadyGrace'sDaddy, considered the SATANIC Flat Earth Satan's gobbledygok rhetoric used to deceive people to thinking and believing the Earth is Flat?

3 minutes ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

Satan has always used fools with big words and ZERO understanding of reality in order to convince the masses that their gobbledygook is real and scientific. When in reality the very study of science is something God himself told us NEVER to look at or touch it. 

So why to Flat Earth people use THEIR ridiculous Flat Earth theorems (science) to support Flat Earth FALSE Doctrine?

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 1

11 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

You, LadyGrace'sDaddy?

If I were to attempt to tell you your place in Gods Kingdom then I wouldn't be knowing my place. God is the one that tells such things. And I'll let you in on a little secret, In Gods Kingdom you, me, and everyone else holds the same place. 

Please read the link that I gave, you will find it very telling. 

P.S.

You have taken this thread and turned it into something that was never my intention, though I acknowledge  others like Shabbs help. I did not get angry and have only responded with kindness, in your last post I sense some frustration from you. Please understand that upsetting you is not my intention. But neither you nor anyone else can

change my thinking when God himself told me what is real. I simply cannot. I must listen to God.

• Pow! 1

16 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

(science) to support system" rel="">support [sic: globe earth}

Now I ain't to smart but I did graduate from the 6th grade twice so I really do have a 12th grade education.

What pussells me is why does nasa give us a different picture every time?

image.png.01369bf5aa70a1a26bca2eaded03cc5d.png

Now don't try and talk over me head on this one now....

1 minute ago, bigwave said:

Thanks, I needed a laugh. LOLOL 

:facepalm3:   :facepalm3:   :facepalm3:

:shakehead:     :shakehead:     :shakehead:

You, BigWave, still have NOT posted answers to the originating questions:

1. Why does the Milky Way orient noticeably differently by the naked eye depending on where a person is located on the earth?
  2. Why does time lapse photograph show stars traveling in a circular pattern while ONLY the North Star (Polaris) remain a fixed point?
  3. Why does undisturbed drain currents have a counterclockwise direction in the Northern Hemisphere and a clockwise direction in the Southern Hemisphere?
  4. Why are YOU, BigWave and LadyGrace'sDaddy, presenting Biblical FALSE Doctrine that twists Scripture to suggest the Earth is Flat?

HINT.

Here are the REAL answers:

1. The Earth is ACTUALLY SPHERICAL (geoidal) in shape so the Milky Way will orient differently depending on the location on Earth, time of night, AND the location of the Earth as it orbits AROUND the Sun with a period of nominally 365.21 days/year.
  2. The Earth is ACTUALLY SPHERICAL (geoidal) in shape AND the Earth spins on it's axis with a period of 24 hours per day.
  3. The Earth is ACTUALLY SPHERICAL (geoidal) in shape while centripetal forces due to the Earth spinning at a constant velocity orient the vortex depending on the hemisphere.
  4. The Earth is ACTUALLY SPHERICAL (geoidal) in shape while BigWave and LadyGrace'sDaddy REALLY want to demonstrate to everybody what the Dunning-Kruger Effect is REALLY all about.

19 minutes ago, Synopsis said:

You, LadyGrace'sDaddy?

Have You, LadyGrace'sDaddy, considered the SATANIC Flat Earth Satan's gobbledygok rhetoric used to deceive people to thinking and believing the Earth is Flat?

So why to Flat Earth people use THEIR ridiculous Flat Earth theorems (science) to support system" rel="">support Flat Earth FALSE Doctrine?

Yes that’s my pow! The most simplistic way to explain why the earth is not flat is time zones. In a flat earth the sun would come up at the same time over the entire world and set at the same time all over the world. We all know the sun sets and rises at different times. It’s really that simple.

• Upvote 1
  • Pow! 2

1 minute ago, ladyGrace'sDaddy said:

I did not get angry and have only responded with kindness, in your last post I sense some frustration from you. Please understand that upsetting you is not my intention.

Once a person is exposed to Biblical FALSE Doctrine and sees the outcome in other venues, THEN the Battle becomes REAL at whatever venue because the consequences of the outcome are dire and not without being held to account.

Common Biblical Sense would readily dismiss the Flat Earth "model".

Let's stick to that. Further investigation in the Biblical notations as I have noted previously dismisses ANY Flat Earth Biblical FALSE Doctrine.

The Satanic and Demonic Forces ALWAYS twist Scripture like saying the Earth is Flat.