Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

11 hours ago, Karsten said:

Thank you and I hope it makes since....I am no a real god fearing person but this did hit home and make sense to me so much that I even sent it to the Pastor at the little church down the street....Maybe she could use it here in the up coming days

Karsten

That is a great idea to sent the video to the Pastor at the little church down the street and I am pretty sure she and the congregation could use and appreciate it in the upcoming days.

• Thanks 1

News

GOP lawmaker ignores health warnings around coronavirus and tells Americans 'it's a great time to go out'

8671bb20-a4bf-11e9-bf77-b045690ae315
dchoi@businessinsider.com (David Choi)
Business InsiderMarch 15, 2020
Republican Rep. Devin Nunes of California.
Republican Rep. Devin Nunes of California.

Jonathan Ernst/Reuters

• Lawmakers continued to suggest it was safe to patronize public areas amid the increase in coronavirus cases in the US.

• "One of the things you can do, if you're healthy, you and your family, it's a great time to just go out and go to a local restaurant," Nunes said on Fox News. "Likely, you can get in easily."

• Other lawmakers faced backlash for portraying themselves in crowded places, despite the health warnings.

• The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention calculated there were over 3,000 coronavirus cases and at least 60 deaths, a dramatic increase as health officials advised people to conduct "social distancing" and to avoid public areas.

• Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.

Lawmakers on Sunday continued to suggest it was safe to patronize public areas amid the increase in coronavirus cases in the US. The statements came as National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases director, Dr. Anthony Fauci, explicitly expressed a desire to see a "dramatic diminution of the personal interaction."

Republican Rep. Devin Nunes of California cited concerns with local businesses not being able to weather the decrease in sales due to lower customer turnout amid the public health warnings.

"One of the things you can do, if you're healthy, you and your family, it's a great time to just go out and go to a local restaurant," Nunes said to Fox News "Sunday Morning Futures" host Maria Bartiromo. "Likely you can get in easily."

"Let's not hurt the working people in this country that are relying on wages and tips to keep their small business going," he added. "Just don't run to the grocery store and buy $4,000 of food. Go to your local pub."

Other lawmakers faced backlash for portraying themselves in crowded places, despite the health warnings. Republican Oklahoma governor Kevin Stitt on Twitter uploaded a picture of himself with two kids at a food hall in Oklahoma City on Saturday.

"Eating with my kids and all my fellow Oklahomans at the @CollectiveOKC," Stitt said in a photo caption. "It's packed tonight!"

Stitt's tweet was removed, but a spokesman said the governor "will continue to take his family out to dinner and to the grocery store without living in fear and encourages Oklahomans to do the same," according to the Associated Press.

President Donald Trump looks on as Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases at the National Institutes of Health Anthony Fauci speaks during a news conference on the COVID-19 outbreak at the White House on February 26, 2020.
President Donald Trump looks on as Director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases at the National Institutes of Health Anthony Fauci speaks during a news conference on the COVID-19 outbreak at the White House on February 26, 2020.

Andrew Caballero-Reynolds/AFP via Getty

The US has reported over 60 deaths and more than 3,200 coronavirus cases across at least 49 states and Washington, DC, a dramatic increase as health officials advised people to conduct "social distancing" and to avoid public areas. Other countries, such as China and Italy, imposed strict, mandatory lockdowns to deal with its coronavirus cases.

President Donald Trump on Friday declared a national emergency on Friday, freeing up $50 billion to assist in handling the influx of coronavirus-related cases.

"I would like to see a dramatic diminution of the personal interaction we see in restaurants and in bars," Fauci said to CNN on Sunday. "Whatever it takes to do that, that's what I'd like to see."

Some lawmakers explicitly warned their constituents not to go out to public and crowded spaces amid the ongoing health crisis.

"To everyone in NYC but ESPECIALLY healthy people & people under 40 ([because] from what I'm observing that's who needs to hear this again): PLEASE stop crowding bars, restaurants, and public spaces right now," Democratic Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez said in a tweet on Saturday. "Eat your meals at home. If you are healthy, you could be spreading COVID."

Rep. Nune's broader point about the struggling small businesses was also addressed by Ocasio-Cortez, who urged the Trump administration to "take decisive action NOW to protect restaurant workers, small businesses, & other vulnerable workers."

Republican Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas concurred with Ocasio-Cortez and replied, "Good advice — not just for NYC, but everywhere. If you can stay home, stay home. And wash your hands."

Despite previously signaling optimism over controlling the coronavirus in the US, the Trump administration took executive action by declaring a national emergency, following the stock market's historic drop. On Monday, the S&P 500 index dropped 7% at the start of trading, triggering the 15-minute "circuit breaker" stop in trading.

The House on Saturday passed a bill to lessen the economic impact, which includes a paid sick leave program granting two weeks of leave; and unemployment benefits for people who live in states that see a 10% increase in unemployment. The bill now heads to the Senate, and then to Trump's desk.

https://news.yahoo.com/gop-lawmaker-ignores-health-warnings-194319967.html

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Business

Trish Regan Primetime Yanked by Fox Business After Anchor's Bonkers Coronavirus Rant Sparks Backlash

Nick Caruso
TVLine.comMarch 14, 2020, 11:46 AM EDT

5e66e1e42d85403b50d4d89c_o_U_v2.jpg
Scroll back up to restore default view.

Following host Trish Regan‘s controversial, on-air comments about the worldwide coronavirus pandemic, Fox Business’ Trish Regan Primetime is officially on hiatus.

In a tweet Friday night, Regan commented: “I want to let everyone know that Trish Regan Primetime is now on hiatus. FBN has taken prudent steps to limit staffing levels and is prioritizing its coverage during market hours. I fully support this decision — we all must to do our part to keep our colleagues safe. #TrishRegan” 

The decision was credited to “the demands of the evolving pandemic crisis coverage” and the allocation of resources toward daytime coronavirus coverage, Fox Business Network said in a statement released Friday. With the show is officially on hiatus “until further notice,” Trish Regan Primetime and its follow-up, Kennedy, will be replaced by general-interest programs, reports The New York Times.

On Monday’s show, Regan gave an impassioned monologue about how COVID-19 was being used by President Donald Trump’s adversaries to take down the commander in chief. While a graphic reading, “Coronavirus Impeachment Hoax” flashed on screen, Regan claimed Democrats were causing “mass hysteria to encourage a market sell-off” and sparking fear and panic about the virus in order “to demonize and destroy the president.”

The hiatus of Regan’s show adds to the 70+ shows that have already been cancelled or postponed due to the lingering health threat of the coronavirus.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/trish-regan-primetime-yanked-fox-154139418.html

GO RV, then BV

• Downvote 3

Just got my hair cut - (ears lowered) and the talk is now that the US is thinking of declaring martial law...………...was not clear if coming from the president or individual states. Was wondering how that would work given martial law on a US basis has never been declared. Plus making it stick.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Sage449 said:

Just got my hair cut - (ears lowered) and the talk is now that the US is thinking of declaring martial law...………...was not clear if coming from the president or individual states. Was wondering how that would work given martial law on a US basis has never been declared. Plus making it stick.

Martial Law, or 14 day National Quarantine that Dr. Fausi is pushing for?

America may need a 14-day national quarantine because of coronavirus: top   health expert

Brian Sozzi  Editor-at-Large  Yahoo FinanceMarch 16, 2020

The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) director Dr. Anthony Fauci’s stunning call for a 14-day national quarantine in a bid to contain the coronavirus is gaining supporters.

“We are approaching just that,” Dr. Anand Parekh of the Bipartisan Policy Center said on Yahoo Finance’s The First Trade about Fauci’s call for a national quarantine. Parekh served as the HHS deputy assistant secretary for health from 2008 to 2015, where he developed and implemented national initiatives focused on prevention, wellness, and care management.

Parekh added, “We may very well, very soon get to a national quarantine type of situation like that.”

In many respects, a national quarantine is well underway and being driven by Corporate America.

Major retailers such as Nike, Under Armour, Lululemon and Abercrombie & Fitch have moved to close U.S. stores to prevent the spread of coronavirus. Social distancing and work from home has become the new norm across corporations. Indeed while this is severely impacting the economy — with most sources on the Street telling me the U.S. is likely in a recession — at this point draconian measures appear prudent.

“From my perspective, I think it is unprecedented. I think we are in a health crisis right now, which will then have to see what the outcome of that is financially,” Abercrombie & Fitch CEO Fran Horowitz told me in an interview. Abercrombie’s U.S. stores are closed until March 28.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/america-may-need-a-14-day-national-quarantine-because-of-coronavirus-top-health-expert-155020058.html

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

May seem a little alarmist, but I have kept my dinar in a local bank safe deposit box.  Today I got a home safe and got my dinar out.  If smaller banks go to online only and we have an RV, I sure want to be able to access them.  Just FYI.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Sage449 said:

Seriously?! Where's the proof/evidence? Call me from Missouri and you'll have to show me, otherwise this is just as bad as the MSM. Sorry, I've been impaled on this site for allegedly reporting news that was not true. Like I was reporting fake news. I've not seen anything on this except reporting Hanks back in 2013 was supposedly a pediphile. No poke at anybody and an astounding litany of parties that should be prosecuted yet no evidence. 

Thanks Sage....Best to you and yours

• Like 1

Tom Hanks was arrested 48 hours ago for pedophilia and he is currently being kept in a hotel room in Australia, refusing to fly back to the USA. The next celebrity arrests will be Celine Dion, Madonna, Charles Barkley, and Kevin Spacey. All will claim Corona virus infections

Italy's airports have been completely shut down, as over 80 Vatican and financial officials have been served the same criminal indictments for financial crime, pedophilia, child trafficking, and sex abuse

End Quote

Nothing about any of that on main papers........

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, umbertino said:

Tom Hanks was arrested 48 hours ago for pedophilia and he is currently being kept in a hotel room in Australia, refusing to fly back to the USA. The next celebrity arrests will be Celine Dion, Madonna, Charles Barkley, and Kevin Spacey. All will claim Corona virus infections

Italy's airports have been completely shut down, as over 80 Vatican and financial officials have been served the same criminal indictments for financial crime, pedophilia, child trafficking, and sex abuse

End Quote

Nothing about any of that on main papers........

According to many Australians, Tom Hanks' biggest crime is using too much vegemite on his toast.  :D

image.jpeg.166d3c832f1b85098a05ac5d34536c17.jpeg

Image result for vegemite scale

GO RV, then BV

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Sage449 said:

Turns out some foreign entity is duping us again with spreading false information.....Dr. Fauci DID NOT advocate for a National Quarantine.  

News

US officials: Foreign disinformation is stoking virus fears

ZEKE MILLER and COLLEEN LONG
Associated PressMarch 16, 2020

5e6fb16499478575a25153e1_o_U_v2.jpg
Scroll back up to restore default view.

WASHINGTON (AP) — A foreign disinformation campaign is underway in the United States that is aimed at spreading fear in the country amid the coronavirus pandemic, three American officials said Monday.

Also on Monday, national security officials said there had been a “cyber incident” involving the computer networks of the Department of Health and Human Services, but the networks were operating normally. They didn't detail the scope of the incident.

“HHS and federal government cybersecurity professionals are continuously monitoring and taking appropriate actions to secure our federal networks,” according to National Security Council spokesman John Ullyot.

On Sunday, federal officials began confronting what they said was a deliberate effort by a foreign entity to sow fears of a nationwide quarantine amid the virus outbreak. Agencies took coordinated action Sunday evening to deny that any such plans were put in place, as they tried to calm a nation already on edge by disruptions to daily life caused by the virus.

The three U.S. officials did not name the foreign entity they believe to be responsible. They spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the sensitive matter.

“Text message rumors of a national #quarantine are FAKE,” tweeted the National Security Council on Sunday night. “There is no national lockdown.” The NSC encouraged Americans to follow official government guidance.

States and municipalities have banned large public gatherings, closed schools, bars and restaurants, and advised people to exercise social distancing to slow the spread of the virus.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on Sunday issued new guidance recommending against indoor gatherings larger than 50 people for the next eight weeks.

The nation’s top infectious disease expert, Dr. Anthony Fauci, said Sunday that Americans should aim to severely curtail leaving their homes, but he did not indicate the government would order such a move. He was specifically questioned on whether he'd like to see a “national lockdown.”

"I think Americans should be prepared that they are going to have to hunker down significantly more than we as a country are doing," said Fauci, a member of the White House task force on combating the spread of the coronavirus. He heads the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases at the National Institutes of Health.

Although the officials did not name a specific entity, U.S. intelligence officials have repeatedly cautioned that Russia, China, Iran and other countries are engaged in ongoing efforts to influence U.S. policy and voters in elections.

Intelligence officials have warned for years that Russia has been engaging in covert social media campaigns using fictional persona, bots, social media postings and disinformation aimed at dividing American public opinion and sowing discord in the electorate.

The Justice Department said the Russian social media effort during the 2016 presidential election and the 2018 midterms included spreading distrust for political candidates and causing divisions on social issues, including immigration and gun control.

Earlier this year, U.S. intelligence officials privately briefed lawmakers on Russian efforts to stir chaos in American politics and undermine public confidence in this year’s election. The briefing detailed Russian efforts to boost the White House bids of both Republican Donald Trump and Democrat Bernie Sanders.

A report from University of Wisconsin-Madison professor Young Mie Kim made public earlier this month found that Russia-linked social media accounts are posting about the same divisive issues — race relations, gun laws and immigration — as they did in 2016, when the Kremlin polluted American voters’ feeds with messages about the presidential election. Facebook has since removed the accounts.

Rumors about the government’s response to the spreading virus have circulated online for weeks, prompting authorities in several states to urge residents to seek out trusted sources in government and news.

On Sunday, Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker said he’s been asked about the rumors by “senior leaders in business, health care, politics.”

“I’ve had community leaders and elected officials all text me or call me and say, ‘I understand on Monday you’re basically going to order everybody to shelter in place for two weeks. The message has been exactly the same," the Republican governor said.

“We have no plans to do that.”

He said it shows the need for residents to find trusted sources of news and information, such as legitimate news organizations or public health authorities.

“There’s so much information out there,” Baker said. “Some of which is legit, but a lot of it is wild speculation.”

Texts and posts suggesting Texas, Washington and New York states would be shutting down to prevent the spread of the coronavirus escalated with screenshots of text messages circulating online that claimed that within 48 to 72 hours Trump would place the U.S. under a two-week quarantine.

New York City officials last week debunked a claim passed around in text messages claiming that the city’s Metro-North trains, connecting commuters from the suburbs to the city, would be shut down and that other train service would be limited. Washington Gov. Jay Inslee, a Democrat, also said claims that the state would soon be under quarantine were untrue.

Andy Carvin, a senior fellow at The Atlantic Council, a Washington based think tank, said the rumors circulating via text are the toughest to trace because they often percolate from private messaging platforms and texts, then are copy-and-pasted into public social media posts.

“There’s no way to know if these are organic or intentional, unfortunately, because the sentiment contained in them is so plausible that they could very easily be born out of home-grown rumors,” he said.

For most people, the new coronavirus causes only mild or moderate symptoms, such as fever and cough. For some, especially older adults and people with existing health problems, it can cause more severe illness, including pneumonia. The worldwide outbreak has sickened more than 175,000 people and left more than 6,700 people dead. In the United States, there have been more than 4,000 confirmed cases and scores of deaths.

https://news.yahoo.com/us-officials-foreign-disinformation-stoking-152932489.html

GO RV, then BV

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yikes.   :facepalm:

News

Coronavirus truthers prey on the anxiety of the moment

David Knowles
Editor
Yahoo NewsMarch 16, 2020
Former Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke speaks at the Conservative Political Action Conference. (AP Photo/Susan Walsh File)
Former Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke speaks at the Conservative Political Action Conference. (AP Photo/Susan Walsh File)
f256beb0-657d-11ea-95ff-0e6ebd4ee77e

As the global coronavirus outbreak continues to shutter businesses and schools across America and upend the stock market, a number of commentators on the right have been busily floating conspiracy theories about what’s behind the outbreak, or even how real it is.

“People should ask themselves whether this coronavirus ‘pandemic’ could be a big hoax, with the actual danger of the disease massively exaggerated by those who seek to profit — financially or politically — from the ensuing panic,” former Rep. Ron Paul wrote on his website Monday.

The former Republican presidential candidate, a physician and the father of Sen. Rand Paul, described Dr. Anthony Fauci, the leading scientific voice on President Trump’s coronavirus task force, as a one of many government “fearmongers” who were part of a plan to institute martial law and permanently strip Americans of their rights.

Comments like Paul’s have stoked internet rumors about what’s to come and led more mainstream politicians, like Sen. Marco Rubio, R-Fla., to attempt to calm fears over the government’s response, albeit with spelling errors.

Please stop spreading stupid rumors about marshall law.

COMPLETELY FALSE

We will continue to see closings & restrictions on hours of non-essential businesses in certain cities & states. But that is NOT marshall law.

Paul is not the only coronavirus truther on the right. Former Milwaukee Sheriff David Clarke, who was floated as a possible candidate for a Trump administration post at the Department of Homeland Security, sounded the alarm on Sunday about what he saw as “an exploitation of a crisis.”

GO INTO THE STREETS FOLKS. Visit bars, restaurants, shopping malls, CHURCHES and demand that your schools re-open. NOW!
If government doesn’t stop this foolishness...STAY IN THE STREETS.
END GOVERNEMNT CONTROL OVER OUR LIVES. IF NOT NOW, WHEN?
THIS IS AN EXPLOITATION OF A CRISIS.

Clarke then raised the specter that the right’s favorite bogeyman, banker George Soros, might be behind the pandemic.

Not ONE media outlet has asked about George Soros’s involvement in this FLU panic. He is SOMEWHERE involved in this.

Shortly thereafter, Clarke announced that he was “LEAVING TWITTER DUE TO THEIR CONSERVATIVE SPEECH CONTROL.”

Barstool Sports founder Dave Portnoy has described himself as a “corona truther” who sees COVID-19 as nothing worse than the flu.

“It’s like a common cold,” Portnoy, whose website depends on business-as-usual in the sports and entertainment world, said on Jan. 30.

On March 11, Gavin Heavin, the co-founder of the fitness company Curves International, appeared on fellow conspiracy theorist Alex Jones’s program to promote a view heard on the fringes of the right-wing media: that coronavirus was engineered by enemies of the president to discredit him.

“We know that it’s a weaponized virus because we see the RNA strands that were put into this virus from HIV, from MERS and from the SARS virus. There’s no way this could have happened in nature.”

Coronavirus, according to Heavin, was produced by those “who want to destroy Trump’s presidency.” But Heavin, whose business will be hit hard as millions of Americans avoid exercising in gyms, went even further.

“I’m trying to get to Trump to make him aware that this is not a nonevent. This is a very nefarious act against him,” Heavin said, adding, “This virus was designed to kill primarily Asian people. Now the problem is it’s going to kill a lot of Europeans and non-Asian people because it’s still lethal. But that’s one more evidence that it was designed as a bioweapon to attack China.”

Taking a different, although equally conspiratorial, view of the matter, Sen. Tom Cotton, R-Ark., posited that the coronavirus originated at a secret Chinese biological lab near Wuhan, the city where it was first detected.

Tom Cotton reiterates his suggestion that the Coronavirus originated at a super-lab in Wuhan

Embedded video

Zhao Lijian, deputy director of China’s foreign ministry of information, took to Twitter to promote the conspiracy theory that the virus originated in American and was first spread in his country by U.S. soldiers visiting Wuhan province.

Rubio, meanwhile, continued to try to steer the truthers’ focus back to the task at hand.

It won’t change anything but wanted to leave it for the record

Given what #COVID19 did to #China & now #Italy political potshots from all sides are really trivial

If we don’t change the trajectory of our current infection rate, in a few days no one will care about politics

GO RV, then BV
  • Downvote 2