Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

No Intention to change the exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar

Posted by TRC at DR, Not my find,

pp

July 26 2010

Baghdad: Iraq's inflation rate remained at its lowest level in three decades for the second straight month in May due to lower prices for food, non-alcoholic beverages, communications and energy, a senior central bank official said yesterday.

Inflation was unchanged at three per cent in May versus April, and down from 4.7 per cent in May 2009, Mudher Qasim, the central bank's adviser, said in an exclusive interview in Iraq's capital, Baghdad.

Last cut

Qasim said the central bank has no plans to cut interest rates. Iraq's central bank last cut its base interest rate by 100 basis points to six per cent in April.

The bank also has no intention to change the exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar, which has been at 1,170 to the US dollar for more than a year, in the foreseeable future, he added.

http://gulfnews.com/business/economy...n-low-1.659345

Carp, can't chg the dd part in the thread title line, Mods can you chg to DR for me please?

thxs, pp

Edited by pokerplayer
  • Upvote 1

Well all I can say is that I have been out in the towns for work and they do not have an economy. These people would have a complete melt down if they walked into ANY store in the US. Roadside stands does not make an economy. They buy gas at the side of the road from kids who have it in gas cans, they are all over. To call this a 'Third World' country would be 2 steps up. IMO.

• Upvote 1

pp

July 26 2010

Baghdad: Iraq's inflation rate remained at its lowest level in three decades for the second straight month in May due to lower prices for food, non-alcoholic beverages, communications and energy, a senior central bank official said yesterday.

Inflation was unchanged at three per cent in May versus April, and down from 4.7 per cent in May 2009, Mudher Qasim, the central bank's adviser, said in an exclusive interview in Iraq's capital, Baghdad.

Last cut

Qasim said the central bank has no plans to cut interest rates. Iraq's central bank last cut its base interest rate by 100 basis points to six per cent in April.

The bank also has no intention to change the exchange rate of the Iraqi dinar, which has been at 1,170 to the US dollar for more than a year, in the foreseeable future, he added.

Carp, can't chg the dd part in the thread title line, Mods can you chg to DR for me please?

thxs, pp

maybe I'm wrong or just reading this wrong I know banks can control interest rates. But I dont think their the ones who deciede the exchange rate of the dinar.

Edited by rocketman2010

One more article CONFIRMING a "REDENOMINATION" was, and is, the intent.

OH......And a Redenomination is NOT AN RV or an RI.......It's that OTHER word that we are not allowed to speak of.

I just find it funny that people believe "intel" from "sources" derived from other "sources" and relayed to "someone" that NO ONE really knows. Yet when we read a legitimate article or a legitimate explanation, we are told by those who receive this "intel" from "sources" derived from other "sources" that you must have large ears, a cotton tale, and a propensity to hop and eat vegetables.

WAKE UP GUYS......

This level of mind control is quite scary actually. It aint funny anymore.

Edited by dinarded
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

OH......And a Redenomination is NOT AN RV or an RI.......It's that OTHER word that we are not allowed to speak of.

I just find it funny that people believe "intel" from "sources" derived from other "sources" and relayed to "someone" that NO ONE really knows. Yet when we read a legitimate article or a legitimate explanation, we are told by those who receive this "intel" from "sources" derived from other "sources" that you must have large ears, a cotton tale, and a propensity to hop and eat vegetables.

WAKE UP GUYS......

Let all take a break from this madness for a few days

and perhaps we will receive some factual information.

WAKE UP GUYS......

a redenomination is a devaluation with replacement currency, or the slang term "LOP" there, I said it for you. :o

but.............this article says nothing about, nor confirms a redenomination, what are you on Joker?

It actually states low inflation...........???..................high inflation causes redenomination. :P

Edited by sportfisher
  • Upvote 2

pp

July 26 2010

Last cut

thxs, pp

It's a smokescreen. B)

Well all I can say is that I have been out in the towns for work and they do not have an economy. These people would have a complete melt down if they walked into ANY store in the US. Roadside stands does not make an economy. They buy gas at the side of the road from kids who have it in gas cans, they are all over. To call this a 'Third World' country would be 2 steps up. IMO.

I think there economy is going to come from BIG OIL .....and they do not need big stores or big anything...theres is in the Ground....IMO :mellow:

they forgot that they told us this lol

Iraqi government criticized for failing to raise the value of the Iraqi dinar

Wednesday, July 14th 2010 12:09 PM

Baghdad, July 14 (Aknews) – The departing Iraqi government has faced criticism from economists for failing to increase the value of the Iraqi dinar despite the rise in oil prices on the international market.

The dinar continues to suffer from it's significant difference in value from the hard currencies and this divide has been blamed on the lack of financial planning by Iraq's governmental economic institutions.

Iraqi economist, Taher Yasin said today that the appropriate governmental institutions need to look seriously at the activation of the necessary frameworks that would lead to the development of the position of the Iraqi dinar on the international market.

"The problem of the Iraqi currency remaining the same despite high oil prices is due to the lack of economic awareness in the country, as well as the arbitrary decisions taken previously by the Iraqi government." Yasin observed.

Yasin further commented that this would be all the more pertinent in light of the opening of Iraqi markets in the region.

It is Yasin's belief that Iraq's economic prosperity and the strengthening of the Iraqi dinar are being hampered by financial problems resulting from the government's past decisions and lack of financial planning.

http://www.aknews.com/en/aknews/2/163759/

Edited by gemini305
  • Upvote 1