Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Comey book ........

Ex-FBI director’s book A Higher Loyalty – seen by the Guardian – calls president ‘unethical’ and compares presidency to a ‘forest fire’

Tom McCarthy and Martin Pengelly in New York

Fri 13 Apr 2018 07.42 BST

1983.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=96be428340bf58a0097ec67aa841109f
Donald Trump’s ‘face appeared slightly orange, with bright white half-moons under his eyes where I assume he placed small tanning goggles’, James Comey writes
Photograph: AP

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Comey: I was sure Clinton would win election when I reopened email inquiry

In his new book, A Higher Loyalty, ex-FBI director says he rejected lawyer’s concern about investigation’s potential political impact

Fri 13 Apr 2018 11.00 BST

Tom McCarthy in New York

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/apr/13/james-comey-book-Hillarious-clinton-email-investigation

• Upvote 1

'Slime ball': Trump attacks Comey after new book likens president to mafia boss

After Comey’s A Higher Loyalty said the president was ‘untethered to truth’, Trump tweets: ‘James Comey is a proven LEAKER & LIAR’

Fri 13 Apr 2018 18.32 BST

Tom McCarthy in New York

Vid in link

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/apr/13/trump-attacks-james-comey-fbi-director-book

The key points from James Comey's explosive book

The ex-FBI director sets out his contacts with Donald Trump in detail........

Martin Pengelly and Tom McCarthy in New York

Fri 13 Apr 2018 18.53 BST

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/apr/13/comey-on-trump-key-points-book-a-higher-loyalty

Comey's book swipes at Trump – but Mueller's inquiry is the real threat

As the fired FBI director makes headlines, the bureau’s raid on the offices of Trump’s lawyer signals peril for his presidency

Sat 14 Apr 2018 07.00 BST

Tom McCarthy in New York

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/apr/13/james-comey-book-trump-robert-mueller-michael-cohen

A Higher Loyalty review: Comey is unsparing in his disgust at Trump

While A Higher Loyalty contains little by way of stunning revelation, James Comey is ruthless when recounting the events that led to his dismissal

Lloyd Green

Sat 14 Apr 2018 06.00 BST Last modified on Sat 14 Apr 2018 15.09 BST

5472.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=c19af8252f15709cfc1185181da9e87d
James Comey prepares to testify on Capitol Hill on 3 May 2017
Photograph: Carolyn Kaster/AP

Comey says Trump 'morally unfit' to be president

In ABC TV interview, former FBI director says US president treats women like meat and was a ‘stain’ on everyone who worked for him

Mon 16 Apr 2018 11.30 BST

Tom McCarthy in New York

3000.jpg?w=700&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fit=max&s=416970626581b73e724fc0ea98f0e556
ABC News correspondent George Stephanopoulos, left, with former FBI director James Comey
Photograph: Ralph Alswang/AP

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/apr/16/james-comey--donald-trump-morally-unfit-president-abc-interview

• Upvote 1

Five things we learned from the James Comey interview

The former FBI director was not afraid to talk in detail about Donald Trump, his own family and the alleged pee tape

Mon 16 Apr 2018 06.07 BST

David Smith in Washington

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/apr/16/five-things-james-comey-interview

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, bohica said:

You know nothing about me so basically STFU.  

A most appropriate response, Bohuca!

It is really sad to experience the Peanut Gallery rhetoric.

peanut gallery was, in the days of vaudeville, a nickname for the cheapest and ostensibly rowdiest seats in the theater, the occupants of which were often known to heckle the performers.[1]The least expensive snack served at the theatre would often be peanuts, which the patrons would sometimes throw at the performers on stage to convey their disapproval. The phrases "no comments from the peanut gallery" or "quiet in the peanut gallery" are extensions of the name.[1]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peanut_gallery

These Peanut Gallery Ticket Holders and Occupants really need to grow a brain and get a life.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 4

37 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Oh no!  Was my typing too loud for your impressionable ears?  My bad.  ;)

GO RV, then BV

You have not begun to see loud.  You have such a weak position in life that you figure on attacking the individual instead of the topic.  You are weak minded and incapable of a full discussion.  You want to have a factual discussion but lack the ability thereof.  I DARE you to stick with the facts.  You must really hate both the country and the liberties you claim to have fought to protect while at the same time you attack anything that might remotely improve life.   You attack a man both me and Trump whom you know NOTHING about yet you allow your mouth to run wild.  If you love the Soviet way of life so much please move.  I am surprised you were ever in the military with your present hatred for this country.  

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

7 minutes ago, bohica said:

You have not begun to see loud.  You have such a weak position in life that you figure on attacking the individual instead of the topic.  You are weak minded and incapable of a full discussion.  You want to have a factual discussion but lack the ability thereof.  I DARE you to stick with the facts.  You must really hate both the country and the liberties you claim to have fought to protect while at the same time you attack anything that might remotely improve life.   You attack a man both me and Trump whom you know NOTHING about yet you allow your mouth to run wild.  If you love the Soviet way of life so much please move.  I am surprised you were ever in the military with your present hatred for this country.  

The difference between you and me is, I not only love this country, I also value the people in it.....and yep, that includes you.  

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I highly doubt ANY value coming from someone like you who refused to even think that Trump may being doing some good because you hate him so badly you cannot see straight.  Forget your sappy 'I love my country and everyone in it' routine.  You are nothing but just another protester who just hates anything non-democrat.  Just another protester.   Just another person who just loves to put people down because they are a conservative.  Well we Conservatives also fight back.  We also have backbone which is different from many Democrats who do not seem to have anything to stand for except for hating Trump.  Where was all you self righteousness when Obama was selling us out.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, bohica said:

I highly doubt ANY value coming from someone like you who refused to even think that Trump may being doing some good because you hate him so badly you cannot see straight.  Forget your sappy 'I love my country and everyone in it' routine.  You are nothing but just another protester who just hates anything non-democrat.  Just another protester.   Just another person who just loves to put people down because they are a conservative.  Well we Conservatives also fight back.  We also have backbone which is different from many Democrats who do not seem to have anything to stand for except for hating Trump.  Where was all you self righteousness when Obama was selling us out.  

And that's your opinion....one that sounds suspiciously like protesting...but your opinion, nonetheless.  When the smoke from all of this clears and a verdict is reached, maybe we'll have another discussion on who's ethics are truly in tatters, "slime ball" Comey, or lilly white Trump.  But above all else, be sure to vote in Nov.  :peace:

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

6 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

And that's your opinion....one that sounds suspiciously like protesting...but your opinion, nonetheless.  When the smoke from all of this clears and a verdict is reached, maybe we'll have another discussion on who's ethics are truly in tatters, "slime ball" Comey, or lilly white Trump.  But above all else, be sure to vote in Nov.  :peace:

GO RV, then BV

Never said Trump was lily white but if you Dems have to dig back decades to find trash he must be doing pretty good.  I have very little use to protesters who simply hold a 'if it is conservative it must be bad' approach.  I wish protesters would use their brains.  Protesters caused many lives by being stupid during Vietnam.  Those idiots knew NOTHING about what they were  protesting and extended the war.  I look at the protesters today and think we are sunk as a society since too many have no idea what they are protesting.  If it is 'trump; it must be bad,   if it is conservative must be bad, if it is anything other than liberal left must be bad.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, bohica said:

Never said Trump was lily white but if you Dems have to dig back decades to find trash he must be doing pretty good.  I have very little use to protesters who simply hold a 'if it is conservative it must be bad' approach.  I wish protesters would use their brains.  Protesters caused many lives by being stupid during Vietnam.  Those idiots knew NOTHING about what they were  protesting and extended the war.  I look at the protesters today and think we are sunk as a society since too many have no idea what they are protesting.  If it is 'trump; it must be bad,   if it is conservative must be bad, if it is anything other than liberal left must be bad.  

Don't sell Trump and conservatives short....they have proven to be invaluable learning tools.  ;)

GO RV, then BV

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2