Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Trey Gowdy Will Not Seek Re-Election

He will be missed for sure.  I always believed him to be a straight shooter, devoted to the law.....I sincerely hope there's another fire brand in South Carolina to pick up Trey's torch.  As to his future, who knows, maybe a bench seat is in his future.  :)

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trey-gowdy-won-apos-t-172637583.html

0-230-520x245.jpg

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

I was going to say this is a great loss but the very first thing that occurred to me was,

Supreme Court.

Trey claims that he wants to go back into the court system and he would be AWESOME 

at the Supreme Court

posted by Hannity Staff

South Carolina Congressman Trey Gowdy announced Wednesday his plans to retire, saying he won’t seek re-election at the end of his term and outlining his plans to return to work in the US legal system.

The high-ranking Republican released an official statement through his office, announcing his impending retirement; adding the GOP lawmaker “enjoys our justice system more than our political system.”

“Whatever skills I may have are better utilized in a courtroom than in Congress, and I enjoy our justice system more than our political system. As I look back on my career, it is the jobs that both seek and reward fairness that are most rewarding,” said the statement.

“There is no perfect time to make this announcement,” Gowdy added. “But with filing opening in six weeks, it is important to give the women and men in South Carolina who might be interested in serving ample time to reflect on the decision.”

Rep. Gowdy is one of the highest-ranking Republicans to announce his plans to leave the US Congress.

He currently serves as the Chairman of the House Oversight Committee and is a senior member of the Intelligence Committee.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

Nope I'm saying he is well educated and knows what's coming to those in charge... I think he wants out before he is dragged in to the ongoing mess.

B/A

Trey seems to be about as straight a shooter as I've ever seen in the political spectrum.  There are many possibilities as to his decision to call it a day and the odd timing....."the memo" release could be an issue for him.....he might really be hoping for a Federal judgeship, or a SCOTUS position when the time comes.....perhaps even A.G. Sessions job, though Trey said he's done with politics and that position is obviously more political than judicial.  Unless he shares more than he already has, I'm just going to take him at his word.

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Upvote 8

16 minutes ago, Shabibilicious said:

Trey seems to be about as straight a shooter as I've ever seen in the political spectrum.  There are many possibilities as to his decision to call it a day and the odd timing....."the memo" release could be an issue for him.....he might really be hoping for a Federal judgeship, or a SCOTUS position when the time comes.....perhaps even A.G. Sessions job, though Trey said he's done with politics and that position is obviously more political than judicial.  Unless he shares more than he already has, I'm just going to take him at his word.

GO RV, then BV

Shabs, fair and objective analysis! Plus 1.

Indy

Edited by Indraman
  • Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

GO RV, then BV

Although it puts my panties in a bunch, I give up an emerald to you. :crossedfingers:

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SgtFuryUSCZ said:

***///MAGA!

We, too, hope it's due to a potential Trump appointment to a significant Agency. 

A guy with his political chops is needed by Our Republic at this time more than ever.:tiphat:

Although Trey said he is done with politics, I would still love to see him take Sessions' place........no way Trey Gowdy would ever place a POTUS above the law.  As always, just my opinion.

GO RV, then BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Upvote 1

Trey Gowdy's FISA Stance

The memo does not have anything to do with the Russia Investigation and should not have any effect on Mueller's investigation.....Trey's words, not mine.  The question is.....Will Trump's base stay true to form and toss Trey under a bus?.....History says a resounding....YES.  B) 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trey-gowdy-face-the-nation-fisa-surveillance-warrant-would-not-have-been-authorized-without-dossier/

GO RV, then BV

***///MAGA!

We don't have to do a thing about that witch hunt.

It's going to collapse under it's own weight of evil.

The good that HAS come out of it is that we now have the lefty-liars on record which means they've outed themselves...

yuh, we're talkin' about YOU for one, James Comey, you sniveling little rat weasel !

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SgtFuryUSCZ said:

***///MAGA!

We don't have to do a thing about that witch hunt.

It's going to collapse under it's own weight of evil.

The good that HAS come out of it is that we now have the lefty-liars on record which means they've outed themselves...

yuh, we're talkin' about YOU for one, James Comey, you sniveling little rat weasel !

After Trump authorizes the release of the Dems memo we'll know the entire story.....until then we wait.  ;)

GO RV, then BV

2 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

The memo that was written by the same party that lied and omitted to the FISA court???

Hmmm.....and yet your entire statement was gleaned from the information in the Nunes memo.....In the American spirit of transparency, it would be nice to know the entire story even if it hurts, don't you think?  ;)  What is everybody afraid of?......Heck, you and those like you have already disregarded it without having seen it. 

GO RV, then BV 

My statement is based on fact. The DNC did in fact pay to have a false dossier produced with false evidence about Trump. That paper was then used to convince the judge to issue the warrant. The Rep memo came after all this was known. I would be more convinced if the Dems had come out before and come clean. 

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, nstoolman1 said:

My statement is based on fact. The DNC did in fact pay to have a false dossier produced with false evidence about Trump. That paper was then used to convince the judge to issue the warrant. The Rep memo came after all this was known. I would be more convinced if the Dems had come out before and come clean. 

You're assuming the dossier is fake.......You have zero proof of that, other than the words of Republican talking heads and Trump himself.  Trey Gowdy himself, a contributing author mind you, said the Nunes memo has no bearing on Mueller's investigation.

GO RV, then BV