Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Presidential First Pitches

Going back for well over a century, American President's have shared a time honored tradition of tossing out the first pitch of the Major League season. Here's just a small historical smattering of former Presidents of the United States, going back to JFK, doing just that.......sharing with the country America's Great Pastime.  :D 

120405_firstpitch_kennedy_ap_328_605.jpg

120405_firstpitch_lbjcolor_ap_328_605.jp

richard-nixon-all-stars.jpg

gerald-ford-1976-first-pitch.jpg

120405_firstpitch_carterpresidency_ap_32

140605104818-1988-ronald-reagan-chicago-

120405_firstpitch_bush41glasses_ap_328_6

3823013_orig.jpg

P040306ED-0535a.ashx

bdbcf50944f179a23847231e3eebf930.jpg

....and sometimes scheduling conflicts occur.  B)

Screen-Shot-2017-02-05-at-12.18.35-PM-70

GO RV, then BV  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 5

3 minutes ago, pattyangel said:

:facepalm2:Really Shabs, this is all you got to report from this weekend.  " A Pitch!!!" is your concern :violin:You and Umb are two peas in a pod, nothing but misleading :bs:

Please, by all means.....which part of my original post is misleading and or inaccurate BS?  :shrug:  Tell the truth now.  ;)

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

10 minutes ago, bostonangler said:

Trump may not have thrown out the first pitch, but he does have two strikes... No money for his wall. No repeal of ACA. And a couple of foul balls with the Russian mishap.

And in Trump's defense, I will say that each and every American President has had difficult and sometimes negative issues to deal with.  The OP though is nothing more than a historical view into the tradition of Presidential First Pitches....everything else is spin, false premise, different narrative.  Here's another pic from a times gone by.  :D

life_coolidge_576.jpg

GO RV, then BV  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

Please, by all means.....which part of my original post is misleading and or inaccurate BS?  :shrug:  Tell the truth now.  ;)

GO RV, then BV

Just saying your complaining and distraction from other important issues is nothing but childish whining.

2 hours ago, bostonangler said:

Trump may not have thrown out the first pitch, but he does have two strikes... No money for his wall. No repeal of ACA. And a couple of foul balls with the Russian mishap.

B/A 

Sorry B/A the game's not over yet.  The final inning will be a winner.  :P;)

1 hour ago, Shabibilicious said:

And in Trump's defense, I will say that each and every American President has had difficult and sometimes negative issues to deal with.  The OP though is nothing more than a historical view into the tradition of Presidential First Pitches....everything else is spin, false premise, different narrative.  Here's another pic from a times gone by.  :D

life_coolidge_576.jpg

GO RV, then BV  

I don't care who throws the first pitch, I'm more of a " Let's play ball" kind of gal. 

55 minutes ago, umbertino said:

You and Umb are two peas in a pod, nothing but misleading

End Quote

Wow...Ok

Wow!!!...okay, is that all I'm going to get from you.  That's just way to much corresponding from you Umb, you feeling okay.  :P:D

Well men/woman, you can have this thread, nothing to see here.  ;)

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2

1 minute ago, pattyangel said:

Just saying your complaining and distraction from other important issues is nothing but childish whining.

And yet Donald tweeted out just this morning complaining about Hi!!ary getting the questions to their debate.........And I'm the whiner?.....You've been played, sister.  Face it!  :facepalm:  Be angry at me all you want.....but you can't change the facts.  Yeah, you "play ball" alright.  :shakehead:

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 5

3 hours ago, pattyangel said:

Just saying your complaining and distraction from other important issues is nothing but childish whining.  Exactly, Trump wouldn't be tweeting if the liberals would just stop whining about little thing. 

Sorry B/A the game's not over yet.  The final inning will be a winner.  :P;) Yep, game not over yet but it will be some back to back innings.

I don't care who throws the first pitch, I'm more of a " Let's play ball" kind of gal. At a girl!!!!

Wow!!!...okay, is that all I'm going to get from you.  That's just way to much corresponding from you Umb, you feeling okay.  :P:D Your lucky to even get that much.

Well men/woman, you can have this thread, nothing to see here.  ;) Yes, moving along is the best suggestion

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, Shabibilicious said:

And yet Donald tweeted out just this morning complaining about Hi!!ary getting the questions to their debate.........And I'm the whiner?.....You've been played, sister.  Face it!  :facepalm:  Be angry at me all you want.....but you can't change the facts.  Yeah, you "play ball" alright.  :shakehead:

GO RV, then BV

Fact is, that President Trump is being attacked from all angels, even his family.  So for him to counter is on the libs. Their hateful attitude is karma.   

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, patrickgold said:

Fact is, that President Trump is being attacked from all angels even his family.  So for him to counter is on the libs. Their hateful attitude is karma.   

Your absolutely correct, President Trump is being attacked from all ANGLES!!! (I knew what you meant):twothumbs:

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

8 hours ago, bostonangler said:

No money for his wall. :lol:

LOL all that denial can make one head start hurting, The wall will be built and when it complete it will pay for itself ten fold...its only been 69 days with 1391 days left...and the rest of that you spoke Trump will accomplish his campaign promise. Reason being is why Trump was Elected to the be Prez, by the People...Folks like you need to get over it and give Trump a chance...  

• Upvote 3

I guess I should be surprised that children or grandchildren of the "Greatest Generation" don't understand the importance of baseball and what it has meant to this country at some of our most trying times in history......But in all honesty, nothing surprises me anymore.  Just another dose of disrespect for an American institution.  :(

williams.jpg  408ba9fd9de09a6feb403d5e8818d8f9.jpg

Military-Celebs-EMGN7.jpg  1436187968356

And of course who could ever forget what Ike meant to this great nation.  

79876-004-79E05720.jpg  Eisenhower.jpg

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, patrickgold said:

Fact is, that President Trump is being attacked from all angels, even his family.  So for him to counter is on the libs. Their hateful attitude is karma.   

He's being attacked by angels and his family?......this is indeed news I haven't heard or read about.  :blink:

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, yota691 said:

LOL all that denial can make one head start hurting, The wall will be built and when it complete it will pay for itself ten fold...its only been 69 days with 1391 days left...and the rest of that you spoke Trump will accomplish his campaign promise. Reason being is why Trump was Elected to the be Prez, by the People...Folks like you need to get over it and give Trump a chance...  

I didn't say the wall wasn't getting funded. The Republican led Congress did... Call your congressman... I'm sure he would love to have your input.

B/A

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I guess a glass of wine always plays havoc on me, but I'm confused why Shabs post about Presidents pitches in baseball has been so rejected.  This is a tradition that we as American people have enjoyed and looked forward to.  With the start of the season, why is this post mot appropriate?   Wow, talk about the left, talk about snowflakes, you people just look for something  to grip and complain about.     You have become the very whiners, snifflers and my thoughts  are all that matters just like  the left.  I am so sick of this sh******.   Left, right we're all the same.

Now let's all whine/wine together1.......2......3.......go

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

On 4/3/2017 at 9:48 AM, Shabibilicious said:

GO RV, then BV

On 4/3/2017 at 10:45 AM, Shabibilicious said:

Insinuating that Trump didn’t throw a pitch because he was golfing is the misleading and inaccurate part, too bad you are blinded by your hatred to realize that.  You claim yourself to be accurate, but demonstrate otherwise.  But as you point out, nice spin on your part.

Speaking of disregarding longstanding Presidential traditions, I am surprised you did not also point out the obvious disrespect Trump showed by not filling out an NCAA bracket.   After all, no first pitch, no NCAA bracket obviously proves Trump’s “Russian connection”.

• Upvote 5

41 minutes ago, RV ME said:

Insinuating that Trump didn’t throw a pitch because he was golfing is the misleading and inaccurate part, too bad you are blinded by your hatred to realize that.  You claim yourself to be accurate, but demonstrate otherwise.  But as you point out, nice spin on your part.

Speaking of disregarding longstanding Presidential traditions, I am surprised you did not also point out the obvious disrespect Trump showed by not filling out an NCAA bracket.   After all, no first pitch, no NCAA bracket obviously proves Trump’s “Russian connection”.

First off, I don't hate Donald.....I simply believe he suffers from boneheadedness, but I certainly don't hate him.  As for him not filling out an NCAA bracket, that was a foreseeable given.  Even being the smartest man EVER, He obviously knows nothing about basketball.  And an egomaniacal super sized narcissist would never put to paper his ineptness, even just for fun.....the subsequent gooning that would surely follow a bracket buster could put a person with his particular persona in the nut house.  I don't blame him for protecting his sensitive feelings....smart move, really.  B)

Another Presidential First Pitch  ~  Herbert Hoover

life_hoover_576.jpg

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1