Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Deletion of zeros from the currency adds a monetary value

newbieDA

My opinion, as we get closer to the major event, there will be misinformation in the Iraqi (and possibly international) news media as others have pointed out here.

An analogy I presented some time back is this event, to me, is somewhat like riding in a smaller aircraft coming in for a landing during a bright sunny day where the landing strip is preceded by a plowed field and there is low to no wind.  The dark soil is warmed by the sun and creates uneven and rising thermal currents.  As the plane descends toward the landing strip, the thermal currents jostle the plane around up and down and side to side with increasing intensity during the descent until...................just over the fence where the grass is just before the landing strip.  There the thermal currents are gone and the plane even smooths out for a gentle touch down!

Well, OK, no Okie inferences here but in the grand scheme of things, the IQD issues are not about me.  Life events can be grueling and can generate fantasies or despair.  One conclusion I have come to for most folks is, "We are all just peons getting peed on."  Being is some sort of low spot with limited visibility, no umbrella (or parasol?) or rain gear can avoid the inevitable regarding the downward flow or upward rise.  Hey, Forrest Gump even found this out!!!..................

• Upvote 2

This article is definitely not a lop article, 

Deletion of zeros from the currency adds a monetary value

Delete the Zero's always meant off the exchange rate example .00086 would change to .86. That is why they are bringinh back fills.

which deleted three zeros from Almtadolh currency now put coins and paper dinar parts, including (5, 10, 25, 50, 100, 250 and 500 fils)

Edited by KDuesing
  • Upvote 4

4 hours ago, gregp said:

head of the Iraqi destruction authority when he canceled the Iraqi currency of the former regime end of 2003 to find a coin which reduces the presence of zeros.

This say's nothing about a lop. Just printing currency that will ease the burden of use. TOTALLY POSITIVE!!  THANKS NEWBIE!!!

GM DV. :twothumbs:

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, ChuckFinley said:

Great conversation by everyone here, always good to see all view points. This could be just more misinformation being put out. I remember reading that they collected between 75% to 80% of all the notes out there. Then I read that 77% of all notes are held by the citizens.Then there is the lop stories followed by the float article. I am only hoping that we can get this done by the end of the year. I would love to see 1 to 1 right out of the gate. But if they need to float, say at .10 , like Adam feels the price will be, I am good with that too. I am just at a point that I would like to see this wrapped up.

bingo, they have no IQD in the country, so they need to print more, not replace, they already gathered it all up, nice Chuck!!!

Also, our Treasury Dept is there at the CBI right now to stop the Auctions with WTO and IMF. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRXGkfMX5nmzwDtz4CYOXf

• Upvote 4

6 hours ago, KDuesing said:

This article is definitely not a lop article, 

Delete the Zero's always meant off the exchange rate example .00086 would change to .86. That is why they are bringinh back fills.

which deleted three zeros from Almtadolh currency now put coins and paper dinar parts, including (5, 10, 25, 50, 100, 250 and 500 fils)

bingo again, this why the LOPs shut up, it has always meant "Leading Zeros" and nothing about the bills, but the amount of worth

55ebaccd614021eac2e1ce4f79bf84e7.jpg

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, justchecking123 said:

Have always appreciated your intelligent, logical take on things here, NewbieDA.

:tiphat:

I actually take a lot from everyone, across the boards, everyone here, including you justchecking123 and other places gave me understanding, alone I am the smartest idiot

FLASH BACK we all made this...

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, newbieDA said:

I actually take a lot from everyone, across the boards, everyone here, including you justchecking123 and other places gave me understanding, alone I am the smartest idiot

FLASH BACK we all made this...

Thanks newbieDA, much obliged my friend. You seem to have a pretty good grasp on what's taking place with RV or Lop. I to thought Iraq was sitting on a vast wealth of resources and a Lop would not be feasible and would impoverish the country further and drive inflation through the roof. In order for Iraq to become a global player which is what Abadi and team want, they have to give purchasing power to their currency and as we all know very well it's the middle class that move the money around, folks like us that make purchases frequently in order to sustain our livelihood. This is exactly what Iraq wants as well and looks like they will finally become a global contender. 

'Big business is already making a foothold  the likes of GE and other major US companies , the Koreans with a massive housing project under construction etc...

I always wondered what Iraqis thought with such rich neighbors all around them in the ME, now they will finally be able to have a decent life imo. 

• Upvote 2