Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

Jump to content
bassglo

Is site now very sluggish for everyone?

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, vomer said:

There's an obvious disinterest among the admins to even address the issue.

That got an actual smile out of me. You must not have noticed my posts, but either way I'd strongly suggest picking your words carefully in the future. The staff and the admins DO care, and I have been working diligently to solve the problems with a permanent fix. Complaints from people, especially complaints that are not constructive, only add to the workload and are not appreciated.

To everybody else that is actually giving good feedback, I do apologize for the way the site has been responding lately – I know it is frustrating and it is equally frustrating for me. It has finally gotten to the point where this current host is losing my business and the site may experience a few days of downtime while we make the transfer to a more responsive and hopefully more reliable company. 

As many of you already know, there are well more than 1 million posts on the site and with the databases that big it takes specialized experience and service to keep it running smoothly. I will be doing everything possible to make sure that there is as little downtime as possible and that the suffering ends quickly :)

  • Upvote 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, Adam!  Maybe if you deleted the half million or so "thanks" the site would run better!! J/K

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Adam Montana said:

That got an actual smile out of me. You must not have noticed my posts, but either way I'd strongly suggest picking your words carefully in the future. The staff and the admins DO care, and I have been working diligently to solve the problems with a permanent fix. Complaints from people, especially complaints that are not constructive, only add to the workload and are not appreciated.

To everybody else that is actually giving good feedback, I do apologize for the way the site has been responding lately – I know it is frustrating and it is equally frustrating for me. It has finally gotten to the point where this current host is losing my business and the site may experience a few days of downtime while we make the transfer to a more responsive and hopefully more reliable company. 

As many of you already know, there are well more than 1 million posts on the site and with the databases that big it takes specialized experience and service to keep it running smoothly. I will be doing everything possible to make sure that there is as little downtime as possible and that the suffering ends quickly :)

Hi Adam, I've always thought keeping a high quality site like DinarVets up and running so smoothly is no small feat and can be problematic, especially with directed cyber attacks - for whatever reason.

So, Thank You to you and all the DV tech support for the much appreciated service for things must of us will never comprehend or know about!  If nothing else, the slow response and off line times makes me appreciate this site and DV all the more.

Besides, I would much rather have you afforded the time for post event opportunities you can make available for DV participants!

Thank You!

:twothumbs:   :tiphat:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Adam Montana said:

That got an actual smile out of me. You must not have noticed my posts, but either way I'd strongly suggest picking your words carefully in the future. The staff and the admins DO care, and I have been working diligently to solve the problems with a permanent fix. Complaints from people, especially complaints that are not constructive, only add to the workload and are not appreciated.

To everybody else that is actually giving good feedback, I do apologize for the way the site has been responding lately – I know it is frustrating and it is equally frustrating for me. It has finally gotten to the point where this current host is losing my business and the site may experience a few days of downtime while we make the transfer to a more responsive and hopefully more reliable company. 

As many of you already know, there are well more than 1 million posts on the site and with the databases that big it takes specialized experience and service to keep it running smoothly. I will be doing everything possible to make sure that there is as little downtime as possible and that the suffering ends quickly :)

On my end Adam its still slow in performing any actions,  signing on, to jumping from topics, to small script and screen, no matter what device I use.

 I thank you for your continuous efforts in keeping the DV site up to par.  I know it can be very frustrating for you and your staff having to deal with such an ordeal, but most here understand and will wait patiently.  Thank you for jumping on and giving us an update. Sir I tip my hat to you :tiphat:and will raise my glass of wine to you. ;)

       

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just so everyone knows, this moderator is having the same issues.    I have faith Adam will get it leveled off - just be patient.

For the record, I'm using Windows 8 and Chrome. Extremely slow.     And even when I sign on from my iPhone 6S, it's still slow.     

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, paperboy said:

Just so everyone knows... 

... I was sober when I logged on!  :lol:  

 

Adam, it's painfully slow from my iPhone, iPad and from Windows 10 on the laptop.  Unfortunately, I have the displeasure to rely on TWC as my provider (if that helps!).  I don't get any ads.  I also don't see the DV logo... just 'Dinar Vets Message Board'.  Some of my gallery pics don't show up for me.  I know you're trying and I hope you get this solved... I'm a busy woman!!! ;) 

:cheesehead:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I view the website on my iPhone6.  It has been a dinosaur until yesterday; God Bless the 4th of July!!!  I have discovered that when I am on wifi, the dinosaur speed returns. When I turn off wifi, the old speed returns and topics open without issue. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Highlanderdinar said:

I view the website on my iPhone6.  It has been a dinosaur until yesterday; God Bless the 4th of July!!!  I have discovered that when I am on wifi, the dinosaur speed returns. When I turn off wifi, the old speed returns and topics open without issue. 

Omg!  It's wifi!  I opened a personal hotspot with my iPhone on 4G and my iPad works fine!  Thanks Highlander! :) 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I truly wish it was the wifi with mine too, but alas, it is slow at home, as well on the go... iPhone, Air Mac, Windows 7, it just dosent matter what I use or where I use it. I feared it would some how evolve to a complete overhaul to a new company. This has just been so unrepairable.... ( so I haven't been black balled after all!)

If Malik ends up back in the saddle again leading the parade we may never see daylight again anyway....  :angry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Whatshername said:

Omg!  It's wifi!  I opened a personal hotspot with my iPhone on 4G and my iPad works fine!  Thanks Highlander! :) 

The connections are a bit spotty when you rely on The Weather Channel (TWC) wifi... just sayin"  :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am a very non-technical person, and don't use a phone for internet access.  My PC connection is AT&T Uverse internet.  Is this considered wifi, and if so, how do I get around it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bassglo said:

I am a very non-technical person, and don't use a phone for internet access.  My PC connection is AT&T Uverse internet.  Is this considered wifi, and if so, how do I get around it?

Hi Bassglo...  Wifi requires a modem connected directly to the internet source (cable, phone, etc.).  If your PC is NOT connected by a cable, directly to the modem/source... you are connected wirelessly (wifi).  If your PC is connected by a cable, you are not using wifi.  I'm not familiar with AT&T Uverse... but it sounds like it may be your phone source, hence a phone connection (direct or wireless... we're not talking "dial-up" here)... so it could be a phone line connection.  Hope that helps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Adam, Thanks for the up-date on the system.......happy to know you are "on it".............FYI (respectfully) this page moves around as quickly as before, but getting here was still very very slow today. 

Edited by tedro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

LOL Jax, thank you for trying.  My computer is not connected by a cable, so I guess it is wireless, so am I destined to always experience sluggishness on this site?  P.S  It was just a rhetorical question...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you are on WiFi you are not necessarily destined to have a sluggish connection. If there are many devices using a WiFi connection, ESPECIALLY if some are streaming video/audio then it may become sluggish. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 6:55 AM, Adam Montana said:

Is it running faster now?

It is horriblyslow .Snails move much faster.  Been this way for several days, surely it can be fixed, Really tired of it.

  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you all for the feedback. Your experience here is extremely important to me, and our current hosting company is just not responding in a manner that makes me happy.

Changing hosts on a site this large is no small thing... it is very time consuming and never goes without issues... but the time has come, so it will be done.

Again, my apologies for the recent poor quality of service at dinarvets.com. I greatly appreciate your patience in the coming days while we move to a new and improved host.

I'll close this thread now, and a new one will be started once we are completely migrated.

:tiphat: 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.