Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Is the dinar speculator the 800 pound gorilla in the room

ewingm

Ewingm:; you approach/attitude is not going to work here. We need to create an attitude that gets the 'teachable" ones to read.\

Dont just antagonize the RVers, try to get hits from outside . Esp. be NICE , even with the ones we know are WHACKO. OK.

LOL, the unteachable trying to teach! :lol:

-

• Upvote 1

zul : As of close of 11/10/2014 thie ICB says there are 89,308 Million in M2. Those are dinar exposed to conversion immediately.

But we know and they know a big chunck is out of country.

MONEY DEPOSITS are moneys placed with a bank and must be available for immediate withdrawal. i.e. M1 in financial terms.

LOL, the unteachable trying to teach! :lol:

-

NO Always ready to learn. What have you got ?
  • Downvote 1

zul : As of close of 11/10/2014 thie ICB says there are 89,308 Million in M2. Those are dinar exposed to conversion immediately.

MONEY DEPOSITS are moneys placed with a bank and must be available for immediate withdrawal. i.e. M1 in financial terms.

That's my point... :deadhorse:

• Upvote 1

Markinsa : we are discussing the 89T dinar in M2 . Do you know anything about that and how it might effect a potential rv to ???

I've attempted to explain that to you, but you are obviously ignoring or unable to comprehend what I have presented.  Perhaps you're affected by that virus?

-

• Upvote 2

Rock, that 89 trillions is inclusive of bank deposits in foreign currency, REPORTED in Dinar. Read CBI definitions of M1 :)

Bank deposits are basically loans from commercial banks to individuals or companies, credited into customer account. Of course, they are available for withdrawal.

But u miss my point, this money is created by the bank for the borrowers, which will be paid back to the bank, with interest.

• Upvote 2

Rock, that 89 trillions is inclusive of bank deposits in foreign currency, REPORTED in Dinar. Read CBI definitions of M1 :)

Bank deposits are basically loans from commercial banks to individuals or companies, credited into customer account. Of course, they are available for withdrawal.

But u miss my point, this money is created by the bank for the borrowers, which will be paid back to the bank, with interest.

Zul:: You could be right but USD should not be reported as a liability of the CBI and be backed by the reserves . However in the last annual report (2013) the CBI shows liabilities very close the the reserves using the 1166 rate? Another thing to consider is the CBI cannot know where all the dinar/dollars are because large numbers of Iraqis dont use formal banks!

The only thing the CBI knows for sure is how much dinar was printed and distributed.

I love these two clowns that speak of "teaching" & "open minds"....................isn't it you two that are he** bent on only one conclusion! How is that open minded? And i've said this to both of you many times, the majority of folks here at DV realize the "pros" & "cons" and accept them.................... I think it's you that's NOT "teachable".

Rock/Paper/Scissors,

Are you sure you're not a LOPster(your words), otherwise someone has hijacked your IP address, login & password and posts as one. I have yet to read ANYTHING that resembles other than a LOPster. Why be afraid of what you are...................come out of the closet, everyone knows .

• Upvote 1

Yes they know how much was printed.  Record keeping was slipshod at best so I question actual distributed numbers. Also It does not matter where these notes are.  Why would it.?

It was traded here legally and it's 100 % legal to have.  IF  ( and thats a big If )  the CBI redenominates they will not close down the borders to stop dinar coming into the country.

This would kill any chance of a new dinar going international.  Currency exchanges would still be competing with each other.  And yes we might lose a higher percentage than we would today

But with a limited supply of Dinar here in the USA they would still need to compete to get your dinar.

I also think some people overestimate how much dinar is actualy here in the USA -.  EW says his small town has 300 million dinar alone.  Could be,  but at the  most and I mean 99.95 % of people I have ever spoken with regarding Iraq are clueless about this. They have never heard about it. Now take those that know and never bought dinar and that leaves a tiny percentage that own dinar IMO.

And to trust the Centrals numbers is a bit naive. A good accountant will manipulate numbers.

If I ask my accountant ( and he is pretty good  )  what two plus two equals  he would ask me

" What do you want it to equal? "

• Upvote 2

When the CBI submits its annual report, it is audited and reviewed by regulating agencies outside iraq.  Yes, all gov't reports have the potential for some "looseness", but I would expect that iraq does its best to be accurate.  They want to get out of Chapter 14.  When they quote M2 as 90 Trillion dinars, the represents what would be revalued or redenominated if there was a currency reform.  No matter how you want to slice and dice this, the M2 represents their currency LIABILITY.  It does not matter whether it is electronic blips on some one's computer screen, or physical bills stuffed in your mattress.  Its all a liability to the CBI and Financial Office because it represents dinar, their national currency.  When you bought your dinar currency, it represents only IRAQ.  IRAQ has a responsibility to exchange your bill for "goods and services" INSIDE the sovereign borders of IRAQ.  They have NO responsibility to honor this responsibility OUTSIDE iraq.  It is not a TRADEABLE currency.  You are holding cheap paper that has very little accountability, and you THINK you will be able to walk into your local bank and get them to take them off your hands while crediting your account with MILLIONS of DOLLARS!  You just can't be that naive, but unfortunately, that appears to be the case.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

You are just wrong EW. It's traded every day. Maybe not by the Rothschilds but it is traded. And no one said anything about walking into a bank.  I can go today and trade my dinar for USD. Today!!!! No problem. 

I have not heard anyone here on your thread that has talked about Millions and millions of dollars. Its you that keeps bringing that up. 

The AL Sharpton of Dinar.

This is your quote

"You people are hopeless."

Every time I have ever heard this line it has come from a racist.

Edited by SocalDinar
  • Upvote 2

Are you sure you're not a LOPster(your words), otherwise someone has hijacked your IP address, login & password and posts as one. I have yet to read ANYTHING that resembles other than a LOPster. Why be afraid of what you are...................come out of the closet, everyone knows .

Caz, Still NOT a lopster not an RVer either. It will require moths of serious effort and money they don't have either way. SO they will DO NOTHING. Mostly new people in the GOI to get onboard. Shabibi had a plan hope they still have it somewhere. Your 1166 fairly safe for 2015 unless they deflate the currency .

To answer SocialDinar, When I talk about millions of dollars, I am referring to the 1 to 1 RV dream of every dinarian.  You bought into a scam that said the dinar would RV from 1166 to 1   to   1 to 1 with the dollar.  Many people still believe it will RV at 1 to $3.  That means if you hold 1 million dinar you would instantly be able to convert it to 1 million DOLLARS.  That's a 100,000% revalue.  Which incidentally, has NEVER NEVER happened in the history of world currency.!!  Just take a small step out of your koolaide soaked thinking, and consider what a 100,000% overnight instantaneous RV of the dinar would do to the iraqi economy!! Total CHAOS!!!  People on the street would become millionaires!  Inflation of prices would skyrocket in an unstoppable tidal wave because now everyone has lots more money and therefore all commodities will charge more.  Just take a moment to ACTUALLY THINK THIS THROUGH.  

Edited by ewingm
  • Upvote 1

To answer SocialDinar, When I talk about millions of dollars, I am referring to the 1 to 1 RV dream of every dinarian.  You bought into a scam that said the dinar would RV from 1166 to 1   to   1 to 1 with the dollar.  Many people still believe it will RV at 1 to $3.  That means if you hold 1 million dinar you would instantly be able to convert it to 1 million DOLLARS.  That's a 100,000% revalue.  Which incidentally, has NEVER NEVER happened in the history of world currency.!!  Just take a small step out of your koolaide soaked thinking, and consider what a 100,000% overnight instantaneous RV of the dinar would do to the iraqi economy!! Total CHAOS!!!  People on the street would become millionaires!  Inflation of prices would skyrocket in an unstoppable tidal wave because now everyone has lots more money and therefore all commodities will charge more.  Just take a moment to ACTUALLY THINK THIS THROUGH.  

• Upvote 1

Caz, Still NOT a lopster not an RVer either. It will require moths of serious effort and money they don't have either way. SO they will DO NOTHING. Mostly new people in the GOI to get onboard. Shabibi had a plan hope they still have it somewhere. Your 1166 fairly safe for 2015 unless they deflate the currency .

Not buying it...........not ONE non RD post have I seen. Maybe you could re-post one.

Caz NOT RD or RV post! I say they will DO NOTHING in 2015 PERIOD. Got too much on their plate that is more important.

That's not a re-post............please show us your NOT a LOPster as you state..........cause your posts say otherwise. Nothing wrong with being a LOPster.............why ya afraid to admit it? You are aloud your beliefs here at DV.

Edited by caz1104

Caz NOT RD or RV post! I say they will DO NOTHING in 2015 PERIOD. Got too much on their plate that is more important.

so their economy and outside investment isnt important? currency reform is VERY important not just for the region but for the people as well. Did you see the other day many citizens are protesting and directing it at the CBI to do something with their currency? We arent dealing with Saddam insane any longer. This GOI is wanting to be taken seriously on an international level how do you think they will achieve this without their currency going international? do you think the world bank has been working with Iraq for their currency to be only in country? i dont think so rockfl.

Edited by easyrider

Thats right Caz ,     He keeps ranting over and over about millions billions and CAZ zillions to be made.  Some of us here think we could see a profit and thats all. I'm hoping on 250%  Thats X 2.5

Problem is he has no other forum to plead his case.  Does not cost much to start a website EW  . Might be a good fit.  Like you said you are not saying anything that people here have not already heard.

The internet is a crazy place and you never know who is really on the other end. I would never have guessed  it was some one so old.  Always thought of this as more of a younger persons game.   Maybe because thats the only people I personally know who is in it. Only people my age or younger.

And he will never admit that maybe his family has a gambling problem. Can't blaim the internet.  This is a high risk gamble but if the CBI does raise the value slowly  they are the ones who will make the most.

• Upvote 1