Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

City of Houston demands pastors turn over sermons

City of Houston demands pastors turn over sermons

By Todd Starnes

Published October 14, 2014

The city of Houston has issued subpoenas demanding a group of pastors turn over any sermons dealing with homosexuality, gender identity or Annise Parker, the city’s first openly lesbian mayor. And those ministers who fail to comply could be held in contempt of court.

“The city’s subpoena of sermons and other pastoral communications is both needless and unprecedented,” Alliance Defending Freedom attorney Christina Holcomb said in a statement. “The city council and its attorneys are engaging in an inquisition designed to stifle any critique of its actions.”

ADF, a nationally-known law firm specializing in religious liberty cases, is representing five Houston pastors. They filed a motion in Harris County court to stop the subpoenas arguing they are “overbroad, unduly burdensome, harassing, and vexatious.” 

“Political and social commentary is not a crime,” Holcomb said. “It is protected by the First Amendment.”

The subpoenas are just the latest twist in an ongoing saga over the Houston’s new non-discrimination ordinance. The law, among other things, would allow men to use the ladies room and vice versa.  The city council approved the law in June.

The Houston Chronicle reported opponents of the ordinance launched a petition drive that generated more than 50,000 signatures – far more than the 17,269 needed to put a referendum on the ballot.

However, the city threw out the petition in August over alleged irregularities.

After opponents of the bathroom bill filed a lawsuit the city’s attorneys responded by issuing the subpoenas against the pastors.

The pastors were not part of the lawsuit. However, they were part of a coalition of some 400 Houston-area churches that opposed the ordinance. The churches represent a number of faith groups – from Southern Baptist to non-denominational.

“City council members are supposed to be public servants, not ‘Big Brother’ overlords who will tolerate no dissent or challenge,” said ADF attorney Erik Stanley.  “This is designed to intimidate pastors.”

Mayor Parker will not explain why she wants to inspect the sermons. I contacted City Hall for a comment and received a terse reply from the mayor’s director of communications.

“We don’t comment on litigation,” said Janice Evans.

However, ADF attorney Stanley suspects the mayor wants to publicly shame the ministers. He said he anticipates they will hold up their sermons for public scrutiny. In other words – the city is rummaging for evidence to “out” the pastors as anti-*** bigots.

Among those slapped with a subpoena is Steve Riggle, the senior pastor of Grace Community Church. He was ordered to produce all speeches and sermons related to Mayor Annise Parker, homosexuality and gender identity.

The mega-church pastor was also ordered to hand over “all communications with members of your congregation” regarding the non-discrimination law.

“This is an attempt to chill pastors from speaking to the cultural issues of the day,” Riggle told me. “The mayor would like to silence our voice. She’s a bully.”

David Welch, pastor of Bear Creek Church and director of the Houston Area Pastor Council, also received a subpoena. He said he will not be intimidated by the mayor.

“We’re not afraid of this bully,” he said. “We’re not intimidated at all.”

He accused the city of violating the law with the subpoenas and vowed to stand firm in the faith.

“We are not going to yield our First Amendment rights,” Welch told me. ‘This is absolutely a complete abuse of authority.”

Tony Perkins, the head of the Family Research Council, said pastors around the nation should rally around the Houston ministers.

“The state is breaching the wall of separation between church and state,” Perkins told me. ‘Pastors need to step forward and challenge this across the country. I’d like to see literally thousands of pastors after they read this story begin to challenge government authorities – to dare them to come into their churches and demand their sermons.”

Perkins called the actions by Houston’s mayor “obscene” and said they “should not be tolerated.”

“This is a shot across the bow of the church,” he said.

This is the moment I wrote about in my book, “God Less America.” I predicted that the government would one day try to silence American pastors. I warned that under the guise of “tolerance and diversity” elected officials would attempt to deconstruct religious liberty. 

Sadly, that day arrived sooner than even I expected.

Tony Perkins is absolutely right. Now is the time for pastors and people of faith to take a stand.  We must rise up and reject this despicable strong-arm attack on religious liberty. We cannot allow ministers to be intimidated by government thugs.

The pastors I spoke to tell me they will not comply with the subpoena – putting them at risk for a “fine or confinement, or both.”

Heaven forbid that should happen. But if it does, Christians across America should be willing to descend en masse upon Houston and join these brave men of God behind bars.

Pastor Welch compared the culture war skirmish to the 1836 Battle of San Jacinto, fought in present-day Harris County, Texas. It was a decisive battle of the Texas Revolution.

“This is the San Jacinto moment for traditional family,” Welch told me. “This is the place where we stop the LGBT assault on the freedom to practice our faith.”

We can no longer remain silent. We must stand together - because one day – the government might come for your pastor.

No Surrender No Retreat and No Compromise

• Upvote 2

This is clearly the reason that the constitution declares the "separation of church and state." The first amendment needs to be studied by these attorneys and this mayor. "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."  Two important elements: the establishment clause and the free exercise clause.  

Clearly this is an attack on the ministers of Houston, but it is also an attack on ministers and preachers everywhere.  I have written a couple of post today that this mayor would find offensive and could get me in trouble in Houston.  I use to preach in Houston and had dinner with the mayor of Houston several times.  We talked about faith, the Bible, and Christ.  He was a faithful believer in Jesus.  My how things have changed!  

Just for fun, it would be interesting to see the mayors office filled with thousands of sermons from all over the US (and world).  There is no way that all of them could be read before the preaching on Sunday, and if another avalanche came for the next four week, she would soon stop asking for them!  Her request is totally a slap in the face of Christians and the law.  

I know Houston. (Well, at least I use to know Houston.) The preachers will not comply with her request, nor should they. 

This is really a "dumb" request but full of venom from her superior.   

• Upvote 2

Gee... I wonder if any "hateful sermons" from Imams have been subpoenaed too.  

Texas, you are under constant assault from the progressive left (aren't we all?)... I'm not worried about y'all though!  If ever there was a state to stand their ground against this kind of overreach... it would be Texas!  μολὼν λαβέ

Thanks Sentinel!

• Upvote 5

I live in Houston (suburbs). Parker is the absolute worst Mayor we've had. She has such a leftist agenda. We got way more signatures than we needed for that "Bathroom" bill. She just ignored it. Now she's going after the pastors? How dare she, Or he, not sure. It's absolutely disgusting how the left think they can do anything they want regardless of any laws. "Cheat, steel & lie, that's they way we fly" should be their slogan. Right now we also have worry about keeping Wendy Davis out of the Texas governors seat. Rick perry has convinced so many people to move to Texas that I'm worried they are bringing their politics as well. HEY PEOPLE, if you move here, remember why you came. It's better here for a reason. Let's keep it that way.

• Upvote 3

The Constitution Of the United States and the Bill Of Rights are not documents that need to be studied or interpreted.

Both are written in plain English and mean exactly what they say and the meanings of the words are perfectly clear. 

Any person or group that claims otherwise are trying to dilute or remove your rights

They are trying to remove your protections and put them in the hands of government constitutional experts.

The reason that We The People are in a constant battle over the Constitution and our Bill of Rights is because these so called experts are constantly trying to convince We the People that the Constitution and the Bill of Rights are too complicated for us to understand and they need to interpreted for us.

The Constitution and the bill of rights do not need interpretation the mean what they say as written period.

No Surrender No Retreat and No Compromise 

• Upvote 2

I cannot see why the mayor would demand that these four or five preachers send their sermon texts or outline to the mayor.  Is there something going on between this mayor and these particular preachers?  Why would this *** politician put her reputation on the line?  (Of course it doesn't seem that she has a problem with that.)  

If these preachers are making the mayor the focus of their preaching, then the leaders of the church need to ask them why, not the mayor's office.  If they are simply preaching on some of the moral and social sins of the day, then their should not be a conflict that would cause this type of action.  

The greater problem is not the accusation of an incongruent lifestyle, but the political pressure for the preachers to "cease and desist" on preaching moral and socially directed messages.  That, by the way, is part of the preacher's responsibility.  No thinking man enters preaching for his own benefit.  No one desires to be thought of as a fanatic, or trouble maker for the congregation or nation.  But preachers of the word of God are badly needed. . . by not universally wanted. Israel had no problems in killing their preachers sent from God (Mt 23:37).

Preaching about moral living and on controversial issues is always unpopular and sometimes perilous, when the people desire a way of life which is contrary to the righteousness of God. Preachers are usually criticized and persecuted if he preaches social reformation, correction of attitudes toward others who are different, sobriety regarding alcoholic drinks, sanctity of the marriage, and moral righteousness.  Unholy people want to preserve the status quo.  

The preachers, any preacher, worth being called a preacher necessitates that one live dangerously for God.  It always requires conviction, character, and courage.  God does not promise a preacher success, much less popularity; God promises spiritual power.  This much is certain: a preacher must wear the breastplate of righteousness when he reproves the faults of others, or else the one whom he is attacking will find the flaw or sin and will publicly reveal the preacher's sins.  Only A right way of living can give a preacher the rightful privilege to preach righteousness to others.  When any preacher attacks the moral decline of a nation or city the unrighteous people feel that they are being personally attacked and they fight back.  As I understand it, this is what the mayor's office is looking for, a way that they can prosecute these men "legally"(?). 

It may cost the life of a preacher if he attacks the sinful leadership of presidents, governors, mayors, CEOs, or even false teachers.  Again, the preacher worthy of being called a preacher of God  must boldly and courageously proclaim the way of righteousness if they see that the private life and public policies of a leader will led to further or continual unrighteousness.  One excellent way to protest against social sins is to preach and practice positive social righteousness. In this day and age such preaching will be considered "hate crimes" and will be under the scrutiny of civil law.  So be it.  Christian leaders have fought, and must continue to proclaim a life like Christ's.  If it offends the unrighteous then the burden is on the unrighteous to repent and not the silencing of the preacher of righteousness.  

If these preachers are making the mayor the focus of their preaching, then the leaders of the church need to ask them why, not the mayor's office.  If they are simply preaching on some of the moral and social sins of the day, then their should not be a conflict that would cause this type of action. 

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/188726-city-of-houston-demands-pastors-turn-over-sermons/#ixzz3GEAvBJSM

Correction:  "then their" should be "then there" 

Jeremiah Wright's preaching was cool or was it???? 

I'm so confused now....

Jeremy Wright's preaching is not an indication of preachers of righteousness.  I'm speaking of preachers of Christ. 

To include him would be including a false preacher of righteousness.  

Quote:

"God promises spiritual power.  This much is certain: a preacher must wear the breastplate of righteousness when he reproves the faults of others, or else the one whom he is attacking will find the flaw or sin and will publicly reveal the preacher's sins.  <The problem is reproving is usually pronouncing judgment and condemnation using persuasive words that lack any power, so it is proper to have themselves brought under the very same condemnation because the same measure of judgment will be measured back to the one that insists upon spreading it. What they spread does not bring life, rather it too often brings yet more despair, as can be seen by those who are often quick to condemn anything they disagree with, whether right or wrong. If it goes against their perceptions, it will get villified and yet another enemy gets created instead of giving life, they bring death because the letter always brings a state of death, and many actually enjoy this.

Only A right way of living can give a preacher the rightful privilege to preach righteousness to others.  When any preacher attacks the moral decline of a nation or city the unrighteous people feel that they are being personally attacked and they fight back." <Many often fight back because too often the one thinking they are a 'preacher of righteousness' is actually a 'self righteous preacher' in which there are no shortages of today. The message is rejected not because of the message itself, but because of the one who wields the rod is often doing so with an attitude that should be rejected. No one is able to shoulder a constant diet of condemnation, it will ultimately kill them, yet what do we see and hear today? The 'turn or burn' message has burned out a great many people, because it is not at all how one is to walk. Many folks go through a constant weekly procedure of constantly finding fault, judging, pointing fingers, and no one should tolerate this atmosphere as it is sure death spiritually over time. it is the only 'tool' many have to offer, but they often do not know any better due to how they were raised, etc. Threats never build up, only tear down, but it is apparently the only 'tool' many think they have, and how sad is that? Of course, without power, it is only words and tinkling brass, no heart.

Funny how it often appears some preach the attributes of 'Molech' or Ba'al more than they do the nature and character of God, yet they are often blind to how destructive their own words and actions are. As if life were not difficult enough, why not pile on more guilt and condemnation as if many do not live their entire lives feeling unworthy and condemned. Very sad indeed, and never brings life, because it contains no life, only a state of condemnation that is NOT the good news at all. Fear, guilt, they are all great tools that are so abused by 'self righteous' folks, is it any wonder people are weary of hearing it? Many do NOT reject the message, they reject the messenger due to the delivery and the lack of heart and 'dunamis'.
Why would anyone desire a diet of constant shame and threat when they are often seeking for help yet only find condemnation?

I am only sharing my observation, and after over 30 years, it rarely changes. Tearing down is so much easier than building up and bringing life and newness of life.

It is wise for each to examine their own self before deciding to enter 

the 'accusation station'.

Modern day pharisees are everywhere, and that spirit should always be rejected

without question. Do not even give them the attention they desire of men.

Edited by Jim1cor13

Quote:

"God promises spiritual power.  This much is certain: a preacher must wear the breastplate of righteousness when he reproves the faults of others, or else the one whom he is attacking will find the flaw or sin and will publicly reveal the preacher's sins.  <The problem is reproving is usually pronouncing judgment and condemnation using persuasive words that lack any power, so it is proper to have themselves brought under the very same condemnation because the same measure of judgment will be measured back to the one that insists upon spreading it. What they spread does not bring life, rather it too often brings yet more despair, as can be seen by those who are often quick to condemn anything they disagree with, whether right or wrong. If it goes against their perceptions, it will get villified and yet another enemy gets created instead of giving life, they bring death because the letter always brings a state of death, and many actually enjoy this.

Only A right way of living can give a preacher the rightful privilege to preach righteousness to others.  When any preacher attacks the moral decline of a nation or city the unrighteous people feel that they are being personally attacked and they fight back." <Many often fight back because too often the one thinking they are a 'preacher of righteousness' is actually a 'self righteous preacher' in which there are no shortages of today. The message is rejected not because of the message itself, but because of the one who wields the rod is often doing so with an attitude that should be rejected. No one is able to shoulder a constant diet of condemnation, it will ultimately kill them, yet what do we see and hear today? The 'turn or burn' message has burned out a great many people, because it is not at all how one is to walk. Many folks go through a constant weekly procedure of constantly finding fault, judging, pointing fingers, and no one should tolerate this atmosphere as it is sure death spiritually over time. it is the only 'tool' many have to offer, but they often do not know any better due to how they were raised, etc. Threats never build up, only tear down, but it is apparently the only 'tool' many think they have, and how sad is that? Of course, without power, it is only words and tinkling brass, no heart.

Funny how it often appears some preach the attributes of 'Molech' or Ba'al more than they do the nature and character of God, yet they are often blind to how destructive their own words and actions are. As if life were not difficult enough, why not pile on more guilt and condemnation as if many do not live their entire lives feeling unworthy and condemned. Very sad indeed, and never brings life, because it contains no life, only a state of condemnation that is NOT the good news at all. Fear, guilt, they are all great tools that are so abused by 'self righteous' folks, is it any wonder people are weary of hearing it? Many do NOT reject the message, they reject the messenger due to the delivery and the lack of heart and 'dunamis'. Why would anyone desire a diet of constant shame and threat when they are often seeking for help yet only find condemnation?

I am only sharing my observation, and after over 30 years, it rarely changes. Tearing down is so much easier than building up and bringing life and newness of life.

It is wise for each to examine their own self before deciding to enter 

the 'accusation station'.

Modern day pharisees are everywhere, and that spirit should always be rejected

without question. Do not even give them the attention they desire of men.

This is america

You have the right to say what you want.

You dont have to like it.

but they have the right to say it.

It`s called the constitution.

also there is no politically correct claus in it.  

Not everyone respects G.A.Y.S

They have that right to voice it

.and the G.A.Y.S have the right to be 

pi$$ed about it.

I would tell the local GOVT to kiss my a$$

put me in jail so I can sue you and be rich in belize 

• Upvote 1

One can show respect and love to a person without supporting

that persons choices or lifestyle.

Because I may disagree with those choices never gives me the right

to tear them apart, but I do have an obligation to help where I am able

and equipped, it only takes an ability to see beyond a label and what is

seen outward, and be able to look with some depth instead of shallowness.

I do not have any interest in anyones agenda, I have to account for my own

actions apart from the herd mentality and I could care less what is politically correct.

I cannot allow a label to define a person, their actions often do that job for them.

My obligation is to try and bind up the wounds if possible, without adding to them.

We all carry baggage, usually far too much, and few need others to add to that burden.

One can show respect and love to a person without supporting

that persons choices or lifestyle.

Because I may disagree with those choices never gives me the right

to tear them apart, but I do have an obligation to help where I am able

and equipped, it only takes an ability to see beyond a label and what is

seen outward, and be able to look with some depth instead of shallowness.

I do not have any interest in anyones agenda, I have to account for my own

actions apart from the herd mentality and I could care less what is politically correct.

I cannot allow a label to define a person, their actions often do that job for them.

My obligation is to try and bind up the wounds if possible, without adding to them.

We all carry baggage, usually far too much, and few need others to add to that burden.

I respect those choices you have  made

But I also respect the choices that the pastors have made. They were  not bashing a individuale 

they were bashing a life style. If you chose that life style you need to expect that a certain amount

of disdain will certainly come with that choice.  I think the question here is not so much a moral issue as to

what was said by the pastors as it is a legal issue. What right has any GOVT to tell you you must turn over private  papers because they dont like what you MIGHT have said.

Thats bullshat 

I think it is PAST time that the religious leadership stood up for what is right! (My opinion)

I do not approve of the LBGT lifestyle. What you do in the privacy of your own home is your business but to impose that belief on the public, especially the children, is wrong on so many levels!

I agree dog53 and also with you gym.

How the local gov. is handling this issue is madness. Unfortunately,

it appears it is becoming the norm. It shows the person calling for

the pastors papers has her own agenda as most politicians do.

I do not support the agenda many of these often try to force upon others,

neither do i support any special treatment they often call for. I have a wonderful

wife and a peaceful life, for which I am grateful for, but I do not expect any

special treatment because of that. It would appear that as long as someone can

place a label on something, they can get special treatment which is simply wrong.

I do not wish ill towards anyone, but I also do not support any label being used in order

to receive special favors as is so often the case with these issues and far too many others There

are far better ways to handle matters such as these without bringing in politicians in order to

make matters worse.

Edited by Jim1cor13

Self-righteousness is not a pretty picture.  It depicts an ego that places others on a lower spiritual level than themselves.  This type of person is usually "on the hunt" for individuals they can condemn and place judgment thus exalting themselves a little higher.  But when an individual realizes that it is not his/her righteousness, but Christ's; that there is no salvation from Him, then our personal righteousness is nothing and the loving message of the gospel is everything.  

Disrespect for anyone is unacceptable, it does not matter how vile the lifestyle or how heinous the sin.  That person was created by God and needs His loving kindness.  Anyone showing disrespect does not understand grace.  

The attitude of mind and the heart of compassion must be real.  It is not something that is commanded at the will of the preacher/individual, but the continuing life of one who is walking after the Spirit of God.  

Certainly a preacher called to preach can become calloused and hard toward those to whom he ministers, if that happens, then the preacher needs a renewal of the Spirit.  Change in his own life is in order.  Any person coming to Christ must crucify the fleshly mindset, and that is often hard to do, but essential. 

Yet it does not matter to some how much love and kindness are demonstrated as one preaches the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.  Those hearing even a message of love and grace will be offended if their lifestyle is threatened.  One cannot preach grace without preaching repentance from sin.  The salvation message of Christ is a call to leave the past life and for a new life (conversion).  To a person not wanting to "change" that message is a threat no matter how loving and kind it is presented.  

But there are times when one needs to be more confrontational.  Jesus certainly faced the Pharisees and religious teachers and did not back down.  Their life was a mess and they had to be told frankly and pointedly what was wrong.  They need to change.

Paul, the apostle, in speaking to Felix and Drusilla did not hesitate to confront their sin (Acts 24:24-25). To the young evangelist Paul admonished to preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction.  For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires; and will turn away their ears from the truth, and will turn aside to myths. But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry."  

The preacher has a responsibility to not only preach a message of love, the gospel, but also the holiness of God and the terrible consequences of sin.  In such cases it is not self-righteousness that motivates the message, but the love for the individuals souls.  

It is one thing to condemn and declare a judgment on an individual -  and be happy about it.

It is another thing to condemn the sin in order to save the soul from judgment - and cry for the souls that are lost.  

The truly evangelistic person will proclaim the love of God as found in Jesus Christ, but they cannot overlook, accept, or dismiss the individual's sinfulness on the premiss of love. You don't remove a cancer by pretending it does not exist.  It sometime takes surgery.  Sometimes it is just the message of love found in Christ that will do the surgery.  It is not a condemnation of the person, but and understanding of spiritually healthy and what is not.    

Self-righteousness is not a pretty picture.  It depicts an ego that places others on a lower spiritual level than themselves.  This type of person is usually "on the hunt" for individuals they can condemn and place judgment thus exalting themselves a little higher.  But when an individual realizes that it is not his/her righteousness, but Christ's; that there is no salvation from Him, then our personal righteousness is nothing and the loving message of the gospel is everything.  

Disrespect for anyone is unacceptable, it does not matter how vile the lifestyle or how heinous the sin.  That person was created by God and needs His loving kindness.  Anyone showing disrespect does not understand grace.  

The attitude of mind and the heart of compassion must be real.  It is not something that is commanded at the will of the preacher/individual, but the continuing life of one who is walking after the Spirit of God.  

Certainly a preacher called to preach can become calloused and hard toward those to whom he ministers, if that happens, then the preacher needs a renewal of the Spirit.  Change in his own life is in order.  Any person coming to Christ must crucify the fleshly mindset, and that is often hard to do, but essential. 

Yet it does not matter to some how much love and kindness are demonstrated as one preaches the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.  Those hearing even a message of love and grace will be offended if their lifestyle is threatened.  One cannot preach grace without preaching repentance from sin.  The salvation message of Christ is a call to leave the past life and for a new life (conversion).  To a person not wanting to "change" that message is a threat no matter how loving and kind it is presented.  

But there are times when one needs to be more confrontational.  Jesus certainly faced the Pharisees and religious teachers and did not back down.  Their life was a mess and they had to be told frankly and pointedly what was wrong.  They need to change.

Paul, the apostle, in speaking to Felix and Drusilla did not hesitate to confront their sin (Acts 24:24-25). To the young evangelist Paul admonished to preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort, with great patience and instruction.  For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires; and will turn away their ears from the truth, and will turn aside to myths. But you, be sober in all things, endure hardship, do the work of an evangelist, fulfill your ministry."  

The preacher has a responsibility to not only preach a message of love, the gospel, but also the holiness of God and the terrible consequences of sin.  In such cases it is not self-righteousness that motivates the message, but the love for the individuals souls.  

It is one thing to condemn and declare a judgment on an individual -  and be happy about it.

It is another thing to condemn the sin in order to save the soul from judgment - and cry for the souls that are lost.  

The truly evangelistic person will proclaim the love of God as found in Jesus Christ, but they cannot overlook, accept, or dismiss the individual's sinfulness on the premiss of love. You don't remove a cancer by pretending it does not exist.  It sometime takes surgery.  Sometimes it is just the message of love found in Christ that will do the surgery.  It is not a condemnation of the person, but and understanding of spiritually healthy and what is not.    

"on the hunt" for individuals?????????????????????

I am HUNTING for no one!

Simply stating my opinion! Please do not use the Bible as your shield, to justify LBGT lifestyle!

Use of a rainbow of words does NOT effect what I believe! LOL

Neither was I disrespectful!

Live life as you wish to live, I have no problem with that - but do not try to bring your ideas of how to live into my home!

Edited by gymrat76541

Politically, the First Amendment of the Constitution, I believe, has been violated and the city government is at fault with this decision.  There is no way that I would capitulate to their demands.

Having said that, I would upon the kind request, be willing to send them a copy of all my sermons and teaching notes. They are for public use.  If they want me to explain why I say what I say in the papers, notes, and sermons I will be happy to spend all the time necessary for them to understand the messages.  What I say is not in secret or in a closet.  

I will be just as respectful, honest, and kind to the government officials as I am to the elders of the church where I attend.  

But it is another thing for the government to tell me what to say, change what God wants me to say, or forbid me saying what God wants me to say.  That is an infringement into the church that the government does not have the legal power to do.   

"on the hunt" for individuals?????????????????????

I am HUNTING for no one!

Simply stating my opinion! Please do not use the Bible as your shield, to justify LBGT lifestyle!

Use of a rainbow of words does NOT effect what I believe! LOL

Neither was I disrespectful!

Live life as you wish to live, I have no problem with that - but do not try to bring your ideas of how to live into my home!

gym, you need to read the entire post.  If you are not "self-righteousness" then this has nothing to do with you.  Nor do I use the Bible to justify sin in any form.  It would be morally wrong.  However, any person deserves respect no matter what their sins may be.  It was God who first love us . . . even in our sins.  

But where did you get the idea that I accepted that type of lifestyle?  Please point that out to me.