Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Statement of Mr. Nuri al-Maliki to the Iraqi people

Fri Jul 04 2014 18:05 | (Voice of Iraq)

In the name of God the Merciful

O sons of the Iraqi people Karim

Let me talk with you today in all candor and clarity, the same approach that I walked him and pledged before God Almighty and before you since my election to the post of prime minister.

There is no doubt that you are aware of the difficult challenges facing Iraq and that increase bone legitimacy and national responsibility and moral we all bear, and what requires to be talking with you transparently commensurate with the seriousness of the plot against Iraq.

O sons of the Iraqi people, Aziz

I've fought a coalition of state law, a fierce election battle during which the various types of accusations and malicious propaganda that you do not get with any electoral list, has been involved in the campaign unjust internal and external views known, and has served as a political message we know its goals and objectives from the outset.

In spite of the magnitude of the black propaganda that came her personally and the rest of the brothers candidates of the coalition of state law, we have been able with the help of God and the will of the loyal sons of the people to achieve a landslide victory in parliamentary elections that admit the world Bashvaviha and integrity, until it became a coalition of state law today Hoketlh parliamentary largest in the third session of the House of Representatives.

O sons of the Iraqi people Quran:

The loyalty of voters requires Ali, to be loyal to them and I stand to Junbhm in this plight of Iraq, and will not allow myself to never that let them down and give up the trust with which carried me them as they stand up with their fingers purple for the forces of evil and darkness, and I will stay a soldier defends the interests of Iraq and its people in the face of the terrorist organization and its allies Daash of Baathists and Nakecbandian who carry out suspicious foreign agendas are no longer obvious to one.

That the withdrawal from the battlefield against the terrorist organizations hostile to Islam and humanity, is floundering to take responsibility and national legitimacy and moral, and I have promised God that I fight I will stay to the side sons of the armed forces and volunteers until the final defeat the enemies of Iraq and its people.

I renew my thanks and appreciation and respect for all the sisters and brothers who Antkhboni and documented my brothers, members of the coalition of state law, and say with determination and strength that I'll stay true to them and to Iraq and its people, will not give up and never for the nomination for the post of prime minister, Vaútlav state law is the biggest bloc, the owner of the right to the position Wazzra presidency and not the right of any party to put the conditions, because the positioning of the conditions means dictatorship, which is what we reject all strongly and firmly.

God save Iraq and its people

Peace be upon you and God's mercy and blessings.

Nouri al-Maliki

Prime Minister of the Republic of Iraq

4 - 7-2014

https://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http://www.sotaliraq.com/mobile-news.php%3Fid%3D156292&usg=ALkJrhjnXT0YHiBc8o9ZTcr46PUJWTqq5w

• Upvote 1

Didn't I just read that M would step down if the prez stepped down? (I can't find it now). Thug also posted an article, Maliki Resigns, June 23. What the heck? Conflicting articles abound.

Edited by Tripphood

Statement of Mr. Nuri al-Maliki to the Iraqi people

Fri Jul 04 2014 18:05 | (Voice of Iraq) - July 4, 2014

Let me talk with you today in all candor and clarity, the same approach that I walked him and pledged before God Almighty and before you since my election to the post of prime minister.

There is no doubt that you are aware of the difficult challenges facing Iraq and that increase bone legitimacy and national responsibility and moral we all bear, and what requires to be talking with you transparently commensurate with the seriousness of the plot against Iraq.

I've fought a coalition of state law, a fierce election battle during which the various types of accusations and malicious propaganda that you do not get with any electoral list, has been involved in the campaign unjust internal and external views known, and has served as a political message we know its goals and objectives from the outset.

In spite of the magnitude of the black propaganda that came her personally and the rest of the brothers candidates of the coalition of state law, we have been able with the help of God and the will of the loyal sons of the people to achieve a landslide victory in parliamentary elections that admit the world Bashvaviha and integrity, until it became a coalition of state law today Hoketlh parliamentary largest in the third session of the House of Representatives.

The loyalty of voters requires Ali, to be loyal to them and I stand to Junbhm in this plight of Iraq, and will not allow myself to never that let them down and give up the trust with which carried me them as they stand up with their fingers purple for the forces of evil and darkness, and I will stay a soldier defends the interests of Iraq and its people in the face of the terrorist organization and its allies Daash of Baathists and Nakecbandian who carry out suspicious foreign agendas are no longer obvious to one.

That the withdrawal from the battlefield against the terrorist organizations hostile to Islam and humanity, is floundering to take responsibility and national legitimacy and moral, and I have promised God that I fight I will stay to the side sons of the armed forces and volunteers until the final defeat the enemies of Iraq and its people.

. I renew my thanks and appreciation and respect for all the sisters and brothers who Antkhboni and documented my brothers, members of the coalition of state law, and say with determination and strength that I'll stay true to them and to Iraq and its people, will not give up and never for the nomination for the post of prime minister, Vaútlav state law is the biggest bloc, the owner of the right to the position Wazzra presidency and not the right of any party to put the conditions, because the positioning of the conditions means dictatorship, which is what we reject all strongly and firmly.

Nouri al-Maliki

4- 7- 2014 4 - 7-2014

https://translate.google.com/translate?depth=1&hl=en&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ar&tl=en&u=http://www.sotaliraq.com/mobile-news.php%3Fid%3D156292

• Upvote 1

Didn't I just read that M would step down if the prez stepped down? (I can't find it now). Thug also posted an article, Maliki Resigns, June 23. What the heck? Conflicting articles abound.

Propaganda

Every day we read a article and the opposit of it

Its Iraqi politics

Hey if George bush gets elected you won't see your social security checks any more <<< that's American politics

Only problem is the elections are over and they still put out this crap trying to cover their trails of bs they left behind

Propaganda

Every day we read a article and the opposit of it

Its Iraqi politics

Hey if George bush gets elected you won't see your social security checks any more <<< that's American politics

Only problem is the elections are over and they still put out this crap trying to cover their trails of bs they left behind

I suppose propaganda and misinformation will be rampant until GOI is settled. In the meantime, I guess we should, in the words of Benjamin Franklin, " Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see."

• Upvote 1

Ya !!!!!!!!!!

We will see how this mess unfolds

And if this invasion just goes away or escalates after the new govt is seated

Could it be a scare tactic

Intimidation

Sensationalized

Lied about

To get rid of Maliki

Who knows

The next prime minister the shitte clerics put in there will not be doing anything different

Maliki isn't going against these thugs ( clerics ).

Neither will any other Shia prime minister

It doesn't matter who it is

The shittes have the majority

They will seat the prime minister

They won't be seating a Sunni or a Kurd

• Upvote 1

Seems legit to me. Most of the Anti-maliki stuff being posted here and other places is Misleading or out and out disinfo.

Is maliki completly free of corruption? I doubt it. Show me a politician here or anywhere that isnt corrupt to some degree.

Is he the Lawless dictator that everybody seems to want to portray him as?? I,d say No!!

love him or hate him.He,s been the most internationally scrutinized Prime Minister in the world for the last 8 years and has recieved commendation from the UN for his aderence to the rule law in his country...If the UN thought he was a lawless dictator do you really think they would have let Iraq out of Chapter 7 sanctions? let the bashing begin.

• Upvote 1

I kinda think the PM position has over time gone to his head. Maybe a dictator doesn't necessarily start out a dictator. Power can do strange things to people. Put some people in a position of power and they can start to think of themselves as god.

......doh, kinda sounds familiar.......

Edited by Tripphood

Here it is....

Iraq's Maliki rejects pressure to give up premiership

d0c3eb8ca18907492a4b337b5cec5193.jpeg 
By By Isra'a al-Rubei'i and Maggie Fick2 hours ago

2014-07-01T142119Z_1022721117_GM1EA711PW

View photo

• 2014-07-04T103925Z_1_LOVEA630TLOPF_RTRMA

By Isra'a al-Rubei'i and Maggie Fick

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki refused on Friday to give up his quest for a third term in power, defying a chorus of critics demanding his replacement as the country faces an existential threat from Islamist insurgents.

Maliki has come under mounting pressure since militants of the group now calling itself the Islamic State rampaged through swathes of the country last month and declared a mediaeval-style caliphate on land they have captured in Iraq and neighboring Syria.

"I will never give up my candidacy for the post of prime minister," Maliki said in a statement read out on state television by an announcer.

"I will remain a soldier, defending the interests of Iraq and its people," he added, in the face of what he called terrorists and their allies.

He was referring to the Islamic State and some of the most prominent armed Sunni groups who have taken control of large parts of majority-Sunni regions of Iraq.

Maliki's statement will complicate the struggle to form a new government to unite the ethnically and religiously divided country, something parliament failed to achieve this week. It extends a political deadlock made all the more dangerous by the pressing threat to Iraq's territorial integrity.

Accused by his critics of exacerbating the country's sectarian split, Maliki has come under immense pressure to step down from his Sunni and Kurdish political foes, and even from some in his own Shi'ite camp.

In pointed comments in a Friday sermon read by an aide, the country's leading Shi'ite cleric said parliament's inability to form a new government at its first session was a "regrettable failure".

Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani reiterated his call for the government to have "broad national acceptance", a formulation that many officials interpret as a call for Maliki - accused by Sunnis of marginalizing them and worsening ethnic tensions - to go.

Iraq's implosion has been watched with intense concern by the United States, which invaded in 2003 to topple dictator Saddam Hussein and withdraw in 2011 after a war that cost almost 4,500 American and tens of thousands of Iraqi lives.

Washington has deployed advisers to Iraq. U.S. military officials believe the Iraqi army will be able to defend Baghdad but struggle to recapture lost territory, mainly because of logistical weaknesses.

VILLAGE CAPTURED

There was some encouragement for the Iraqi army on the battlefield: late on Thursday it scored a symbolic victory by recapturing Awja - the home village of Saddam Hussein - from Sunni insurgents.

Backed by helicopter gunships and helped by Shi'ite Muslim volunteers, the army took the village in an hour-long battle, according to state media, police and local inhabitants.

Awja lies 8 km (5 miles) south of Tikrit, a city that was captured by the Islamic State, an al Qaeda offshoot formerly known as the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant (ISIL), as part of its lightning assault last month.

Iraqi's police and army imploded in the face of the militant onslaught, which also captured Mosul and other major Sunni areas. A government offensive to retake Tikrit began on June 28, but the army has still failed to win back the city

Maliki's military spokesman said Awja had been "totally cleansed" and 30 militants killed, according to state television. A police source told Reuters three insurgents had been killed.

The army said it now held the 50-km (30-mile) stretch of highway running north from the city of Samarra - which is 100 km (60 miles) north of Baghdad - to Awja.

But the mainly Sunni communities along this corridor remain hostile towards government forces, and army convoys continue to come under guerrilla attack.

Government forces could benefit, however, if cracks in the loose alliance of insurgents in Sunni majority areas widen.

In the town of Hawija, site of infighting last month between Islamist fighters and Sunni militia forces, members of local Sunni tribes told Reuters that community members had organised to fight against the militants in control of the town.

Members of the Al-Obaidi tribe were angered over the militants' seizure of homes of local sheikhs and officials, and had formed an armed group that killed five insurgents on patrol in the town on Friday, residents said.

(Additional reporting Raheem Salman, Ned Parker and Alexander Dziadosz in Baghdad and Isabel Coles in Arbil; Writing by Mark Trevelyan; Editing by Andrew Roche)

Maliki is turning to the National Alliance, and declares its commitment to the government headed by

Squares of liberation

Posted       04/07/2014 07:36 PM

Observers in the position of several coup against the Shiite coalition headed by Maliki announced his commitment to the government and Rrvdah calls for abandoning them.

maliky11.jpg

Al-Maliki said he will not give up never to run for the presidency of the new government as a representative of the mass of the "state of law", the largest, which won the last elections and stressed that "the withdrawal from the battlefield in front of terrorists is floundering to take responsibility and national legitimacy and moral."

He said he will continue to fight to the side of the armed forces and volunteers until the final defeat the enemies of Iraq and its people. As he put it

He pointed out that "the withdrawal from the battlefield against the terrorist organizations hostile to Islam and humanity is floundering take responsibility legitimacy, national and moral, that I have promised God that I I will stay fight side sons of the armed forces and volunteers even defeat the final enemies of Iraq and its people."

The position of al-Maliki, the day after the announcement of the Iraqi parliament speaker, the outgoing Osama Najafi withdraw his candidacy for the presidency of the parliament in response to calls from the leaders of the Shiite alliance who made it clear to him that al-Maliki not to connect his candidacy for a third term is also parting from running.

add this...

Maliki threatens Kurdistan b 'or D_ak_ih' Other ........ Lance Mahmoud Sheikh appearance

[22:34] 14/Jul/04 

_27.jpg

Is not an exaggeration if we say that Maliki's comments and speeches have become a matter of sometimes scarce among Iraqis, and make them feel ashamed at other times so that mentality led in the twenty-first century. 

Hardly a man professes statement what comes up after that to deny it in a statement last contrary to its predecessor, to reveal mental isolation suffered by the thought stemming from an infected historic contract failed for centuries to control. After years of effort and the media is in the intense political focus on the expiration of Article 140 regarding the disputed areas, we come out of Prime Minister expired in his weekly last surprise for the Iraqis that this article is alive and it has not been resolved so far.

After acknowledging the implicit lying to the Iraqi people, comes Maliki calls for the provincial government to return these areas of Kurdistan (which was previously intermediate) to the control center again, as if the Peshmerga is a charity working on behalf of the Army Maliki .. keeps him on areas fled, including his militia against the elements Daash for countless militias.

Despite the new reality in joining Kirkuk to Kurdistan, there is still the provincial government is pursuing a policy of wisdom in dealing with the dossier, and emphasizes the need to complete the application of Article 140, but Kirkuk within the Kurdistan region this time, after he proved Centre not serious in the application of this material as acknowledged by MP state law Hanan al which she admitted that she had caused the delay in the application of this Article nearly four years. So Varjaa Kirkuk to the Maliki government after today is merely a dream for owners of birds can be dreamed of, but without being able to turn it into a reality. Each threats soft in Maliki's speech, which warns the Kurdish people (the oppressed in the words of al-Maliki) of the maze is finished does not refer only to the frustration felt by the man about the legitimate rights of the Kurdish people and its wise leadership, Fbaattabarh commander in chief of the armed forces, aware that his militia, which did not resisting elements Daash for more than an hour in all Sunni cities in Iraq and removed Bzatha military to be able to escape safely will not be able to enter into the challenge armed with the Peshmerga forces highly trained and armed with weapons more sophisticated in such conflicts, especially since the Peshmerga forces these are provided in civilian clothes for the troops In the battle of the "mother of Ald_ak_ih" in the previous did not get in all the battles over human history.

The Peshmerga today are required not to hand over any of the cities that defended it in the face of gangs Daash, not Kirkuk and Kurdish-outs, but even they were of them outside the scope of the areas withheld, it is a shame on the Baghdad government and the militias, al-Maliki reclaim these areas after Tkhazloa to defend population and left them to their fate on their own in front of a guerrilla attacks Daash. The land to be defended not been for those who manhandled and run away to say that the Lord of the Kaaba protected.

The Prime Minister expired and is separated from reality completely, said in his weekly address that he does not exist in the Constitution such thing as the right to self-determination, and this proposal that indicates anything, it indicates the wandering intellectual who suffers from this person, and the shallowness of thinking, who is suffering from it. What is the relationship of self-determination of peoples constitutional terms, and since when was not to include the right of self-determination in the constitutions of states a reason not to decide it? Then what does this benefit? No Aktmkm secret that I said that I did not understand this equation Maalikis not imagine that Maliki knows nothing of self peoples constitutions not even firmly grounded in science, especially since the people of Kurdistan have Astfti on secession in conjunction with the first parliamentary elections in Iraq, and the result was a popular support overwhelmingly for secession, However, the international and regional circumstances delayed this option at the time.

Here I want to make my full confidence in the conduct of any similar referendum will now have not only the support of the Kurds and Kurdistan, but it will support it in all the other ingredients of others living in the Kurdish region, whether they are Christians or Turkmen or even Arabs. Fbmgarna for the development of the center and the cities of him and what ails of obscurantism and late with live Kurdistan region of evolution and a place of culture of tolerance and co-existence will not let the way for one of the hesitation in agreeing to secede from Iraq, Maliki, who is plagued by corruption, in all aspects of political, social, religious and cultural , lo and farce when called al-Maliki, the word "Kurdish people oppressed" on the people he created in all aspects of life in the light of his government, and he was able to build Kurdistan from scratch while suffering "Arab people oppressed" of the delay in the overall levels of life under the regime's brutal for the owners ... Which peoples healthier oppressed that is said about him, my Prime Minister expired?

I renew my thanks and appreciation and respect for all the sisters and brothers who Antkhboni and documented my brothers, members of the coalition of state law, and say with determination and strength that I'll stay true to them and to Iraq and its people, will not give up and never for the nomination for the post of prime minister, Vaútlav state law is the biggest bloc, the owner of the right to the position Wazzra presidency and not the right of any party to put the conditions, because the positioning of the conditions means dictatorship, which is what we reject all strongly and firmly.

Nouri al-Maliki
4 - 7-2014

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=ar&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fpmo.iq%2Fpress%2F2014%2F6%2F4-7-20141.htm&edit-text=

Edited by Rayzur

Maliki: I will not give my candidacy for the post of Prime Minister and the rule of law are the largest bloc

July 4, 2014 

Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, on Friday, it will not never give up the post of prime minister loyal to the vote, as he emphasized that a coalition of state law, is the largest bloc. alt Maliki said in a statement posted on his website and see it, "Iraq's Law," "I renew my thanks and appreciation and respect for all the sisters and brothers who Antkhboni and documented my brothers, members of the coalition of state law, and say with determination and strength that I'll stay true to them and to Iraq and its people." "We will not give up and never for the nomination for the post of prime minister," adding that "a coalition of state law is the biggest bloc, the owner of the right to the post of prime Wazzra and not the right of any party to put the conditions, because the positioning of the conditions means dictatorship, which is what we reject all strongly and packages ". And the prime minister that "the State of Law coalition fought election battle fierce displaying the various types of accusations and malicious propaganda that you do not get with any electoral list again participated in the campaign points of internal and external well-known and has served as a political message we know its goals and objectives from the outset," pointing to "Although the magnitude of the black propaganda that has been personally and the rest of the brotherhood candidates in the coalition of state law." He added, "We have been able with God's help and the will of the people loyal to achieve a landslide victory in elections recognized by the world Bashvaviha and integrity."

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Just because he is in state of law bloc, don't mean the guys are still with him.  What part don't he get.  And how many of them are with him because they want a life and they know if they go against him they are dead.  They are scared.  That's why the no confidence vote didn't come.  Until maliki is has his private army dismantled and the army he made for himself (not iraq) they won't get rid of him.  Let ISIS do it. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1