Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Deleting the zeros is not what you want!

keepmwlknfny

What caused the so-called miracle? The two main factors were currency reform and the elimination of price controls, both of which happened over a period of weeks in 1948. A further factor was the reduction of marginal tax rates later in 1948 and in 1949.

The basic idea was to substitute a much smaller number of deutsche marks (DM), the new legal currency, for reichsmarks

The effect on the West German economy was electric. Wallich wrote: “The spirit of the country changed overnight. The gray, hungry, dead-looking figures wandering about the streets in their everlasting search for food came to life” (p. 71).

Shops on Monday, June 21, were filled with goods as people realized that the money they sold them for would be worth much more than the old money. Walter Heller wrote that the reforms “quickly reestablished money as the preferred medium of exchange and monetary incentives as the prime mover of economic activity” (p. 215).

The Marshall Plan

This account has not mentioned the Marshall Plan. Can’t West Germany’s revival be attributed mainly to that? The answer is no. The reason is simple: Marshall Plan aid to West Germany was not that large. Cumulative aid from the Marshall Plan and other aid programs totaled only $2 billion through October 1954. Even in 1948 and 1949, when aid was at its peak, Marshall Plan aid was less than 5 percent of German national income. Other countries that received substantial Marshall Plan aid exhibited lower growth than Germany.

Biscuits and gravy

Conclusion

What looked like a miracle to many observers was really no such thing. It was expected by Ludwig Erhard and by others of the Freiburg school who understood the damage that can be done by inflation coupled with price controls and high tax rates, and the large productivity gains that can be unleashed by ending inflation, removing controls, and cutting high marginal tax rates.

http://www.econlib.org/library/Enc/GermanEconomicMiracle.html

Edited by dontlop

I hope your getting ready for a back and fourth debate

I'm gonna tell db he's full of it just to stir him up to post his knits off

Al your gonna be doing is focusing on dontlop instead of trying to protect your delusional relatives

You just keep your focus on dontlop

We don't need you talking like you actually have something to say

We know that's not the case you don't know anything

Edited by dontlop

it relates to making money as the new mark was given real value- I will start the thread later today

Dontlop you nailed it !

It was a redenomination.....they changed currency. If you think Iraq changing the currency is a good thing, your in the wrong investment....

• Downvote 1

Were just gonna have to let garbonzo beans carry us thru the next 6 weeks of debate but once the monkeys beat up the blobsters again

We will all be laughing and dancing and jumping up and down screaming to one another about bacon flavored soda pop

Made with real piglets

Moe Pickled Eggs - In Shell

On Food and Cooking has a method for pickled eggs that simply

involve boiling the eggs, and then putting them, shell and all, into

a salted vinegar solution with optional spices and beet juice.

They sit for 1-3 weeks at room temp. The acetic acid breaks down

the hardest parts of the shell, after which the eggs can be eaten

without shelling. They supposedly last a year that way at room

temperature. Exact measurements of salt are not given, but he does

mention that lower amounts of salt with produce softer eggs, still

without spoiling.

Anybody ever pickle or eaten eggs like this? Can you do this with

the standard 5% vinegar?

-sw

This is the food network isn't it?

Awe come on

Its a soccer channel or food network who cares

Its a sad fact that your dinar "investment" has gotten so remote and impossible, that your addled brain is resorting to pickled egg recipes.  I saw the same thing happen to Caz.  As his brain liquified, he started asking for bread and wine recipes. Remember?  Now he's gone for good.  Driven to SANITY by the lobster boys, who bring justice, truth, and the American way to the forum.  DB will be the next to crack.  He's already blathering about the Marshall Plan, desperately trying to find some event in world history that would make the dinar "thing" not a SCAM, but of course it is.  That will only leave us to deal with monkeyboy dontlop, whose own people upstairs don't want him.   Sell your dinars, re-enter sanity, monkey stomper.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Yep you nailed it

The blopster pit is the only place in the whole world

That's why I only post here and here only because of your greatness ewingm

If your gonna save your parents from the dinar you should spend your life right here in the slopsters pit

It's the easy way out of pretending your saving someone

You flopsters sure are some fart smellers

Oops i means smart fellers

• Upvote 1

The fact remains the same , The "Official Exchange Rate" at the central bank of Iraq for the Swiss dinar was not 150 Swiss dinar to one saddam dinar note on October 14 2003 and on October 15 2003 it was

15,000% increase over night

• Upvote 1

Good link keep

I copied and pasted this off it

In parenthesis below

I shows exactly what I've been telling you

(Thus ended the decade-long disownership of Swiss dinars. Once again, these notes were the liability of a central bank.)

From 1993 thru 2003 it was demonetized with zero "official exchange rate" at the central bank of Iraq

But on October 15,2003

It did finally get its new " official exchange rate " at the central bank by decree of the govt of Iraq at the time the coalition provincial

Authority

You should read it sometime keepm

Instead of just posting it

The end

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 1

Dontlop, you're still on "recycle".  Turn the dial on the side of your head to another setting.  Let's discuss the only fact that matters to you and every dinarian.  Ready?  Here it comes.  1166.

There it is.  1166 to 1.  That's the facts.  You can take your swiss dinar, Marshall Plan and your pickeled eggs, and go bake some bread with Caz, whereever he is.  We drove him out of the pot and you and DB are next.  We lobsters can't stand koolaide in the water.  Go upstairs where some, a few, almost none of the lemmings want you.

• Upvote 1

The graph speaks for itself....where you think the CPA got that exchange ratio from? The UN and the central bank of Iraq....your just too stupid to understand the simplest form of info....A PICTURE GRAPH!

Back to your lies I see keepm

Yes the graph speaks for it self

Your right

It shows the market rate of the Swiss Iraqi dinar " market rate "

But the official exchange rate at the central bank of Iraq was zero from 1993 thru 2003 as per the words written on the link you posted with your graphs you refer to

You do know what words are keepm don't cha

Your chart your link underneath your chart I copied and pasted the words for you that explain it had no official exchange rate right

The graph speaks for itself....where you think the CPA got that exchange ratio from? The UN and the central bank of Iraq....your just too stupid to understand the simplest form of info....A PICTURE GRAPH!

A picture graph of the Swiss dinar market rate ,,,yep

Like I've been saying all along keepm your nothing but a liar and shouldn't be trusted.

Your own link proves that