Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Duck Dynasty Star makes anti-*** statement! It's an interview!

DiveDeepSix

First off I don't watch duck dynasty I think they are a bunch of screwballs, but they do apparently have morals!  I agree totally with what he said.  It was an interview if they didn't want his honest answer they shouldn't have asked him the question! Good answer Phil! :twothumbs:  Oh and before someone starts crying he's a star he shouldn't say things like that, it's his opinion, hence the word interview!  No different then these idiots from Hollywood, and some of these idiot rap artists voicing their opinions on everything from global warming to gun control, pathetic.

Whatever Wilson Cruz, another example of you idiots thinking the world actually accepts what you do as acceptable to the public, sorry but no.

•  
Phil_Robertson_Duck_Dynasty_150.jpg
© A&E / Phil Robertson of 'Duck Dynasty'
'Duck Dynasty' star makes anti-*** remarks
Dec. 18, 2013, 11:00 AM EST
By Tim Molloy
TheWrap

"Duck Dynasty" star Phil Robertson is under fire for bashing gays in a GQ interview in which he grouped homosexuality with "drunks" and "terrorists."

After he complained that "everything is blurred on what's right and what's wrong ... sin becomes fine," the magazine asked what he considers sinful.

"Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there -- bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men," he said.

The remarks create a problem for A&E, the network that airs "Duck Dynasty." The show is cable's highest-rated reality show, and second-highest rated show overall after AMC's "The Walking Dead."

Also in the interview, Robertson paraphrased Corinthians: "Don't be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers -- they won't inherit the kingdom of God. ... Don't deceive yourself. It's not right."

Then he offered some thoughts about anatomy.

"It seems to me, a ****** -- as a man -- would be more desirable than a man's anus," he said. "That's just me. I'm just thinking, 'There's more there! She's got more to offer.' I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I'm saying? But hey, sin: It's not logical, my man. It's just not logical."

Robertson also said he doesn't condemn people.

"We never, ever judge someone on who's going to heaven, hell. That's the Almighty's job," he told the magazine. "We just love 'em, give 'em the good news about Jesus -- whether they're homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort 'em out later, you see what I'm saying?"

GLAAD spokesman Wilson Cruz had an immediate response.

"Phil and his family claim to be Christian, but Phil's lies about an entire community fly in the face of what true Christians believe," Cruz said. "He clearly knows nothing about *** people or the majority of Louisianans -- and Americans -- who support legal recognition for loving and committed *** and lesbian couples. Phil's decision to push vile and extreme stereotypes is a stain on A&E and his sponsors who now need to reexamine their ties to someone with such public disdain for LGBT people and families."

Robertson has said previously that the show downplays his religious views. He surprised some viewers earlier this year when a video emerged of him speaking out against abortion.

Here is the link:  http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=844146

Edited by DiveDeepSix
  • Upvote 14

I personally don't have a problem with him voicing his opinion..........the check writers probably will though.   :peace: 

GO RV, then BV

Only if they buckle to the whining minority, if they stand their ground and back him up, I'd bet money (my dinars, wait that's not money yet LOL) their ratings would climb even more.

He also said this:

"I myself am a product of the '60s; I centered my life around sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll until I hit rock bottom and accepted Jesus as my Savior," the TV star said in a statement released by A&E Wednesday. "My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together. However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other."

• Upvote 10

Only if they buckle to the whining minority, if they stand their ground and back him up, I'd bet money (my dinars, wait that's not money yet LOL) their ratings would climb even more.

They always buckle under any sort of pressure.  I imagine the duck call business will keep thriving though...........not to stereotype folks, BUT..........   :shrug: 

GO RV, then BV

• Upvote 2

They always buckle under any sort of pressure.  I imagine the duck call business will keep thriving though...........not to stereotype folks, BUT..........   :shrug: 

GO RV, then BV

Like I said buddy, screwballs, I don't watch any reality TV, heck I've got kids I make my own! :D I do agree with his thoughts though.

You are right though most of these stations will fold under  even the slightest pressure (Lawnchair syndrome) need one with some guts to stand up and say, Hey this is how it is!  Probably why I'm not in the TV business it wouldn't take long and I'd have everyone up in arms just ask poor Maggie! :lol:  :lol: 

Edited by DiveDeepSix
  • Upvote 3

All he said was what the bible says.  I respect him for turning his life around.  The story he told about how he struggled in the past was awesome.  He tries hard to pass on what he has learnewd and how important religion is in life, not only to his kids, but his grandkids also.  Keep on Keepin on Phil.  Happy Happy Happy.

• Upvote 11

All he said was what the bible says.  I respect him for turning his life around.  The story he told about how he struggled in the past was awesome.  He tries hard to pass on what he has learnewd and how important religion is in life, not only to his kids, but his grandkids also.  Keep on Keepin on Phil.  Happy Happy Happy.

Exactly! :twothumbs:   Wait............I got it..........................Now I know why they are trying to crucify him for his opinion, he accepted  responsibility for his own life choices and actions, that's something the libs just can't handle, personal responsibility!  It all makes sense now! :D

• Upvote 10

Imagine how daunting life would be for a drunken homosexual terrorist.    :peace:   JUST KIDDING.   ;) 

GO RV, then BV 

"I got drunk and had a premature detonation, then my buddies left me behind!"  :eek:  :lmao:  :lmao: 

001-1005095918-Achmed.jpg

Ok, that was probably to much, I apologize to any peeps out there if they are drunken homosexual terrorists!

Edited by DiveDeepSix
  • Upvote 9

"I got drunk and had a premature detonation, then my buddies left me behind!"  :eek:  :lmao:  :lmao: 

001-1005095918-Achmed.jpg

Ok, that was probably to much, I apologize to any peeps out there if they are drunken homosexual terrorists!

I'm not one, but I did play one on TV. lol Appoligy accepted.  Lol.  Got to love Ahkmed.

• Upvote 2

Typical Christian values. Something the lame stream press and the commie despise. I fail to understand why a sodomite can express with out being vetted. Whan a Bible thumper like me expresses. They Press got their nonmoralist panties in  a wad. Go Figure!    :eyebrows:

Edited by R2D2
  • Upvote 2

"We never, ever judge someone on who's going to heaven, hell. That's the Almighty's job," he told the magazine. "We just love 'em, give 'em the good news about Jesus -- whether they're homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort 'em out later, you see what I'm saying?"

Heck I never heard of it but now will look for it at least once to see the guy.

• Upvote 2

By Tim Molloy

TheWrap

"Duck Dynasty" star Phil Robertson is under fire for bashing gays in a GQ interview in which he grouped homosexuality with "drunks" and "terrorists."

My how the world has changed.  I thought the Duck Dynasty star made a profession of faith and belief in the Bible.  I missed the part where he bashed homosexuals... 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My how the world has changed.  I thought the Duck Dynasty star made a profession of faith and belief in the Bible.  I missed the part where he bashed homosexuals...

Not sure exactly how to take this but based upon the fact you are only quoting the headline of the article, I am assuming you have made a very rash judgment. My guess is that you did not read the entire thread before hitting the post button. I think I have heard of this mode of operation being called a "drive-by" post. All I can say is lame, very lame, not to mention lazy. Put more effort in, it will benefit you and this forum.

Indy

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

I know that a lot of people think the Robertson family is a bunch of stupid rednecks, however most all of them are college educated.  They married college educated women.  This is business and marketing at it's very finest my friends.  Their stuff is in every store in the country. 

Go Phill.

• Upvote 5

Hey I have been a fan for a while now. 

I like the way they think and I like the way they have maintained their lives which can be difficult with their kind of money. 

Bottom line is that there is not a better duck call made . They have the product and they have a large customer base.

Low over head and a healthy profit margin.

The robertsons rock. 

• Upvote 6

In response to the insensitive remarks by Phil Robertson about ***s: Duck Commander is adding an innovatively new duck call to its product line.  It will come in assorted sizes and instead of blowing on it to operate, it has to be sucked on.  Research has proven it to be ineffective but it is intended to pacify all those offended by the owner’s remarks.       

• Upvote 5

In response to the insensitive remarks by Phil Robertson about ***s: Duck Commander is adding an innovatively new duck call to its product line.  It will come in assorted sizes and instead of blowing on it to operate, it has to be sucked on.  Research has proven it to be ineffective but it is intended to pacify all those offended by the owner’s remarks.       

Sweet instead of the comander the could call it.  "THE CABEARO" 

and when you blow it the other way it "Sqweeeels like a pig"

• Upvote 3

Not sure exactly how to take this but based upon the fact you are only quoting the headline of the article, I am assuming you have made a very rash judgment. My guess is that you did not read the entire thread before hitting the post button. I think I have heard of this mode of operation being called a "drive-by" post. All I can say is lame, very lame, not to mention lazy. Put more effort in, it will benefit you and this forum.

Indy

You obviously have no clue about my authorship or effort put into my posts.  You should pull them up and see the effort you will be challenged with if you decide to patronize my scholarship or sardonic humor any further.

But, let's cut to the chase while the irons hot, Mr. Indy, I enjoy spirited debate.  I excerpted a quote from the article for a reason.  The author chose to sensationalize Phil Robinsons belief in the Bible with the title "Duck Dynasty star makes anti-*** remarks" then proceeded in the first sentence to proclaim without qualification that Phil 'Bashed' homosexuals.  I have read this article and a number of others floating around the web that in all actuality are 'Christian Bashing' in content.  It's not surprising really, anytime sinful behavior is exposed for what it is, the rebellious sinner will cry foul. So be it.  But, where, Mr. Indy, in the article did Phil Robinson 'bash' homosexuals?  

GH

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

First off I don't watch duck dynasty I think they are a bunch of screwballs, but they do apparently have morals!  I agree totally with what he said.  It was an interview if they didn't want his honest answer they shouldn't have asked him the question! Good answer Phil! :twothumbs:  Oh and before someone starts crying he's a star he shouldn't say things like that, it's his opinion, hence the word interview!  No different then these idiots from Hollywood, and some of these idiot rap artists voicing their opinions on everything from global warming to gun control, pathetic.

Whatever Wilson Cruz, another example of you idiots thinking the world actually accepts what you do as acceptable to the public, sorry but no.

•  
Phil_Robertson_Duck_Dynasty_150.jpg
© A&E / Phil Robertson of 'Duck Dynasty'
By Tim Molloy

TheWrap

After he complained that "everything is blurred on what's right and what's wrong ... sin becomes fine," the magazine asked what he considers sinful.

"Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there -- bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men," he said.

The remarks create a problem for A&E, the network that airs "Duck Dynasty." The show is cable's highest-rated reality show, and second-highest rated show overall after AMC's "The Walking Dead."

Also in the interview, Robertson paraphrased Corinthians: "Don't be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers -- they won't inherit the kingdom of God. ... Don't deceive yourself. It's not right."

Then he offered some thoughts about anatomy.

"It seems to me, a ****** -- as a man -- would be more desirable than a man's anus," he said. "That's just me. I'm just thinking, 'There's more there! She's got more to offer.' I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I'm saying? But hey, sin: It's not logical, my man. It's just not logical."

Robertson also said he doesn't condemn people.

GLAAD spokesman Wilson Cruz had an immediate response.

"Phil and his family claim to be Christian, but Phil's lies about an entire community fly in the face of what true Christians believe," Cruz said. "He clearly knows nothing about *** people or the majority of Louisianans -- and Americans -- who support legal recognition for loving and committed *** and lesbian couples. Phil's decision to push vile and extreme stereotypes is a stain on A&E and his sponsors who now need to reexamine their ties to someone with such public disdain for LGBT people and families."

Robertson has said previously that the show downplays his religious views. He surprised some viewers earlier this year when a video emerged of him speaking out against abortion.

Here is the link:  http://tv.msn.com/tv/article.aspx?news=844146

He also said this:

"I myself am a product of the '60s; I centered my life around sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll until I hit rock bottom and accepted Jesus as my Savior," the TV star said in a statement released by A&E Wednesday. "My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the Bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together. However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other."

Mr Cruz, Mr Robertson spoke exactly what the bible says. The problem here is not homophobia its Deophobia: The fear of God and what He teaches. Mr Cruz should stop trying to twist up the bible to fit his way of thinking. You cannot change God, He changes you, as Mr. Robertson said. He thought that sex, alcohol, and rockin roll were alright. Then he changed his thinking once he heard and saw the truth of life in God and His word.

• Upvote 1