Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Turkey offers to mediate between Baghdad and Erbil on oil revenues

yota691

Turkish newspaper: Washington made a proposal adopts the distribution of oil imports between Baghdad and Erbil

Friday, October 15 2 / November 2013 15:47

b_280_189_16777215_0___images_idoblog_up

[Follow-up - where]

The newspaper Radikal Turkish, citing sources in the administration of Turkish energy that "Ankara is considering a formula US-related sales of Iraqi oil and gas, including the source into Turkey from the Kurdistan region and provides the formula to compile the financial revenues of oil exports in the U.S., which in turn will distribute rations transaction between Baghdad and Erbil, according to the Iraqi constitution . "

According to Turkish newspaper that "energy officials in Ankara have begun discussing the U.S. proposal seriously before visiting the Kurdistan Region President Massoud Barzani, to Diyarbakir, Turkey on Saturday, where he will meet Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, a meeting which has great importance because it will be the meeting crucial in the case of export Kurdistan's oil to world markets via Turkey. "

The newspaper added that "America raised wording of the new with a view to resolve the dispute between the central government in Baghdad and the management of the Kurdistan region, on the distribution of quotas and imports of oil and gas on its way, rather than Baghdad, and therefore will be delivered share of 17% to Kurdistan and the share of 83% to the central government in Baghdad, According to the Iraqi constitution. " 
and showed the newspaper Radikal Turkish that "the new version include the removal of technical obstacles to the establishment of a linear pipeline between Turkey Kurdistan region, and in this framework will be transferred to 400 thousand barrels per day as a first stage of the new line, which سيتحد with pipeline Kirkuk - Amortalek and thus lifting capacity later to one million barrels a day. "

It is scheduled that the President of the Kurdistan region Massoud Barzani's official visit to the Turkish city of Diyarbakir, the Kurdish-majority to meet with Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, who will visit the area in question to announce several reforms concerning the Kurds in Turkey, totaling more than 15 million people.

And witnessed the relationship between Kurdistan and Turkey sophisticated pointing during the past few months and the exchange of visits of officials culminated in the signing of a comprehensive agreement on energy, an important and controversial with Baghdad, which includes licenses for oil and natural gas, and the establishment of a pipeline to transfer from Kurdistan to Turkey.

The newspaper promised [Washington Post] America said that "the Kurdistan region is looking forward to realizing the dream of the long-awaited independence with the help of Turkey, amid fears of Baghdad, the U.S. administration of a national conflict in Iraq because of the ambitions of Arbil." Is over.

Edited by yota691
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Yota. If I have been following this correctly, Kurds are about to connect a HUGE pipeline for oil to Turkey. Without HCL put into effect, GOI will lose out on revenues from this oil. Maliki should have enacted this when it was agreed to "pass" years ago. All those millions gone. And yet the poor people continue to suffer. Pathetic. And now a one month "vacation" and elections in April. Nothing will get resolved at a normal pace to help the suffering masses. Sad.

• Upvote 1

Turkey offered Friday to mediate in the conflict between the Government of Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki and the Kurdistan Regional Government over the sharing of oil revenues.
Turkish Energy Minister Taner Yildiz told reporters in Ankara that the system tkotrhath Turkey would help resolve the conflict between the territorial Government and the Central Government in Baghdad.
Turkey suggested that the source of the oil proceeds deposited in a special account in the Bank of the Turkish Government.
Yildiz said he discussed the proposal with the Deputy Prime Minister for Energy Affairs Hussein Al-Shahristani said during a visit to South Korea last month.

http://www.iraqhurr.org/archive/news/20131115/1093/1093.html?id=25169601

• Upvote 5

Thanks K98 Another related article

Washington receives and distributes funds quotas!!
 Put America wording new goal of reaching resolve the dispute between the central government in Baghdad and management of the Kurdistan region of Iraq, on the distribution of quotas and imports of oil and gas on its way, rather than Baghdad, and therefore will be delivered share of 17% to the Kurdistan region of Iraq, and the share of 83% to the central government in Baghdad.

BAGHDAD / follow the obelisk: Ankara energy officials began discussing a formula on the table by the United States of America, relating to oil and gas sales, according to this formula funds will be collected oil and gas exports issued by Iraq in America, which in turn shares will be distributed to everyone. According to Radikal newspaper that circles Energy AKM discuss the proposed U.S. seriously by the visit of the President of Iraqi Kurdistan, to Diyarbakir on Saturday, where he will meet Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, a meeting, which has great importance because it will be the meeting crucial in the case of export of oil in northern Iraq to markets World via Turkey. And put America wording of the new with a view to resolve the dispute between the central government in Baghdad and management of the Kurdistan region of Iraq, on the distribution of quotas and imports of oil and gas on its way, rather than Baghdad, and therefore will be delivered share of 17% to the Kurdistan region of Iraq, and the share of 83% to the central government in Baghdad. It is supposed to be a new version of an attempt to remove technical obstacles to the establishment of a linear pipeline between Turkey and northern Iraq, and in this framework will be transferred 400 thousand barrels per day as a first stage of the new line, which سيتحد with pipeline Kirkuk - Amortalek and thus raise capacity later to one million barrels daily.

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&ei=u9RmUfGyNYa7igLa-4G4Dw&hl=en&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dnahrain.com%26hl%3Den%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D891&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ar&u=http://www.almasalah.com/ar/NewsDetails.aspx%3FNewsID%3D19817&usg=ALkJrhh3iXJzpoj6AVOw4Tj8-EGQtTrURw

• Upvote 3

Adding more of why I think these events are important.  It seems in this article the US is putting the pressure on Iraq to make the fair deal.  This makes sense why they seem more focused to pass the oil and gas law.  Now why would it be so important to the US to put pressure and if I am reading this correctly, they will do it via Turkey.  To me this sounds like this is a done deal one way or another, which way does Iraq want to go....sort of do want to make this easy or hard, either way it is going to happen.  Anyone elses thoughts would be great.  I am bumping this up because I think it is very important as to which way the winds seem to be blowing.

• Upvote 3

Zig I agree....I believe that Iraq does not want to follow US "suggestions" as it will make them appear as puppets in the eyes of the middle east. However, if they allow Turkey to influence them, that is acceptable since they are a Muslim country and not a western influence.  I hope they get something agreed on quickly. I would love an increase in the dinar without any lop for myself, but would really like to see an agreement and an increase in purchasing power for all the citizens of Iraq who do without so much and survive day to day in intolerable conditions.

• Upvote 4

Adding more of why I think these events are important.  It seems in this article the US is putting the pressure on Iraq to make the fair deal.  This makes sense why they seem more focused to pass the oil and gas law.  Now why would it be so important to the US to put pressure and if I am reading this correctly, they will do it via Turkey.  To me this sounds like this is a done deal one way or another, which way does Iraq want to go....sort of do want to make this easy or hard, either way it is going to happen.  Anyone elses thoughts would be great.  I am bumping this up because I think it is very important as to which way the winds seem to be blowing.

Woo Hoo I got to double + you Ziggie :) Good to see you!

I dunno... it seems to me that they certainly need the oil and gas laws resolved since they are now ready to do some serious production...

Makes sense that Turkey would be a go between since they share a pipeline... Whoa!!! When did they get that done???

Zig I agree....I believe that Iraq does not want to follow US "suggestions" as it will make them appear as puppets in the eyes of the middle east. However, if they allow Turkey to influence them, that is acceptable since they are a Muslim country and not a western influence.  I hope they get something agreed on quickly. I would love an increase in the dinar without any lop for myself, but would really like to see an agreement and an increase in purchasing power for all the citizens of Iraq who do without so much and survive day to day in intolerable conditions.

Good Points FlintNPebbles... I especially appreciate your concern about the Iraqi people... I feel the same. Thank You

I would agree.

Woo Hoo I got to double + you Ziggie :) Good to see you!

I dunno... it seems to me that they certainly need the oil and gas laws resolved since they are now ready to do some serious production...

Makes sense that Turkey would be a go between since they share a pipeline... Whoa!!! When did they get that done???

Good Points FlintNPebbles... I especially appreciate your concern about the Iraqi people... I feel the same. Thank You

It looks to me Iraq is in that position, they need a bottle of scotch and a quick decision now.  Good to see you Maggie.  I haven't posted because there was not much to post about.  But these past few days has been much more intriguing in As The Dinar Turns.

• Upvote 2

Turkey does what the U.S tells them  to do they are our puppet in the ME and we are Israels puppet!! besides al that i agree with some of the comments above it seems its a done deal also with the shell deal and domestic bonds jack lew making his way around the world on topic for exchange rates, China making MEGA reform changes to the Yuan i think its safe to say we are moving into a whole new global monetary system.

• Upvote 2

Turkey does what the U.S tells them  to do they are our puppet in the ME and we are Israels puppet!! besides al that i agree with some of the comments above it seems its a done deal also with the shell deal and domestic bonds jack lew making his way around the world on topic for exchange rates, China making MEGA reform changes to the Yuan i think its safe to say we are moving into a whole new global monetary system.

Interesting Easy... I have been hearing rumors about China raising the Yuan... if you have a solid link about that... I'd love too see it.

Thanks

Kurdish Deputy excludes the oil and gas Act passed in the current session and reveals the countries working to prevent legislation
Tarikh square:: 2013-11-15 11: 40 • 71 times his read
Kurdish Deputy excludes the oil and gas Act passed in the current session and reveals the countries working to prevent legislation
{Baghdad: Euphrates news}
Excluded the Kurdistan Alliance MP mahma Khalil oil and gas law in the current parliamentary session, revealing the existence of States in the region to prevent legislation that hurts their interests. "

He told agency {forat news} that "the draft law faces difficult circumstances prevent a pass even though he represents the future for the Iraqi people."
And that "there are States wary of the law because it would enable Iraq to take its leading role in the world and in the region as a result of oil and gas reserves possessed by".
"This is to make States wary of legislation and prevent it through the hoop"
The oil and gas Act deferred approval in the House from time to time due to political differences, the laws from the previous session.
And oil and gas law is one of the most important laws in the country that regulates the oil and gas wealth and distributes power between the Federal Government and local governments in the provinces and the territory, where the Central Government insists that the contracting process for oil extraction and exploration in hand, demanding local governments granted these powers.
And invited the Supreme religious reference Friday to speed up the legislation in the House and not carried over to the next parliamentary session, also urged the importance of diagnosing kinks in project implementation and reviews of expertise and competencies in order to expedite diagnosis and resolution.
The representative of the religious reference in Holy Karbala, Sayed Ahmad Safi at Friday prayers held in Husseini dish Sanitizer "after the adoption of the electoral law, we hope that the brothers in the House to accelerate at the same time legislation deferred and brought more efforts to pass laws in the country and that no special incapacity apathy." ended up 2

http://www.alforatnews.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=41024

13/11/15 16: 37 new formula for selling oil of Kurdistan. Washington received funds distributed shares!!
Launched new version of America with a view to resolving the dispute between the Central Government in Baghdad and the Kurdish administration of Iraq, on the allocation of import quotas for oil and gas on its way instead of Baghdad and 17 percent share will be delivered to Iraq and Kurdistan share of 83% to the Central Government in Baghdad.

Baghdad/follow the Obelisk: AKM energy officials began discussing the format of the table by the United States, concerning oil and gas sales, according to this formula will accumulate oil and gas exports by Iraq in America which in turn will distribute the quotas.

Radikal reported that the power circles in Ankara to discuss the u.s. proposal seriously before the visit of the President of the Kurdistan region of Iraq, Diyarbakir on Saturday, where he will meet Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, is very important because it will be a crucial encounter in the northern Iraq oil exports to world markets via Turkey.

And the new version of America with a view to resolving the dispute between the Central Government in Baghdad and the Kurdish administration of Iraq, on the allocation of import quotas for oil and gas on its way instead of Baghdad and 17 percent share will be delivered to Iraq and Kurdistan share of 83% to the Central Government in Baghdad.

And this is supposed to be a new attempt to remove technical barriers to the establishment of oil pipelines between Turkey and Northern Iraq, and in this framework will moving 400,000 barrels a day as a first stage of the new line as fragmented with the Kirkuk pipeline – ymortalik and thus raise its capacity to 1 million barrels per day.

On a related level Turkish Energy Minister said Friday that Turkey is proposing an oil export revenues from Kurdistan Iraq in suspense in the Turkish Government's Bank and then divided between the territorial Government and the Central Government in Baghdad.
The Minister said Taner Yildiz told reporters "we are trying to find a way to believe that it will remove the concerns of the Iraqi Central Government. So far unable to Kurdistan and the Central Government to the regime wanted to.

"
"The distribution of income have Iraq. We only retain those deposits in the Turkish Bank of the State. "
Yildiz said he discussed the proposal with Hussein Shahrastani, Deputy Prime Minister of Iraq during a visit to South Korea last month, but he is not yet a final version.

Yildiz had said earlier Friday that Turkey is in talks with the Kurdish Government to explore jointly in 13 regions of oil and gas in the semi-autonomous region in northern Iraq.

The Turkish energy company "t." State-supported and created to work in Kurdistan, Iraq looks forward to engaging with a third party in six of those areas. He added that the talks on potential contracts had not yet been completed.

http://www.almasalah.com/ar/news/19817/%D8%B5%D9%8A%D8%BA%D8%A9-%D8%AC%D8%AF%D9%8A%D8%AF%D8%A9-%D9%84%D8%A8%D9%8A%D8%B9-%D9%86%D9%81%D8%B7-%D9%83%D8%B1%D8%AF%D8%B3%D8%AA%D8%A7%D9%86--%D9%88%D8%A7%D8%B4%D9%86%D8%B7%D9%86

• Upvote 1

Tarikh square:: 2013-11-15 11: 40 • 71 times his read

{Baghdad: Euphrates news}

Excluded the Kurdistan Alliance MP mahma Khalil oil and gas law in the current parliamentary session, revealing the existence of States in the region to prevent legislation that hurts their interests. "

He told agency {forat news} that "the draft law faces difficult circumstances prevent a pass even though he represents the future for the Iraqi people."

And that "there are States wary of the law because it would enable Iraq to take its leading role in the world and in the region as a result of oil and gas reserves possessed by".

"This is to make States wary of legislation and prevent it through the hoop"

The oil and gas Act deferred approval in the House from time to time due to political differences, the laws from the previous session.

And oil and gas law is one of the most important laws in the country that regulates the oil and gas wealth and distributes power between the Federal Government and local governments in the provinces and the territory, where the Central Government insists that the contracting process for oil extraction and exploration in hand, demanding local governments granted these powers.

And invited the Supreme religious reference Friday to speed up the legislation in the House and not carried over to the next parliamentary session, also urged the importance of diagnosing kinks in project implementation and reviews of expertise and competencies in order to expedite diagnosis and resolution.

The representative of the religious reference in Holy Karbala, Sayed Ahmad Safi at Friday prayers held in Husseini dish Sanitizer "after the adoption of the electoral law, we hope that the brothers in the House to accelerate at the same time legislation deferred and brought more efforts to pass laws in the country and that no special incapacity apathy." ended up 2

http://www.alforatnews.com/modules/news/article.php?storyid=41024

I read this earlier and at the time was not sure what all it meant.  Here it states it has passed, but other countries are trying to prevent it?  I think this article may be more propaganda to stop the train.....maybe?

http://www.shafaaq.com/sh2/index.php/news/economy-news/67497-2013-11-15-17-29-22.html

Twilight News / energy minister said on Friday that Turkey Turkish proposed development of oil export revenues from Iraqi Kurdistan in a special account in a Turkish bank owned by the state and then distributed between the territorial government and the central government in Baghdad.

altThere is a dispute between Baghdad and the Kurdistan Region on the distribution of oil revenues and the effects of continuous courtship Turkey to Kurds wrath of the central government, which says it is her sole authority in the management of Iraqi oil.

He said Turkish Energy Minister Taner Yildiz told reporters, Reuters reported and seen by "Twilight News", "We are trying to find a way we believe they will remove fears the Iraqi central government ... until now could not the government of Kurdistan and the central government to agree on a system that wanted it."

He added, "distribution revenues سيتولاه the Iraq. We'll just keep those in a Turkish bank deposits continued to state."

Yildiz said that he had discussed the proposal with Hussein al-Shahristani, Iraqi Deputy Prime Minister during a visit to South Korea last month, but it has not been added to reach a final version.

Yildiz also said that Turkey is in talks with the Kurdistan Regional Government on joint operations for exploration in 13 regions of oil and gas.

It is scheduled to begin Kurdistan testing a new pipeline transports the Kurdish oil to world markets as a prelude to the start of exports next month.

Press reports spoke about the conclusion of Kurdistan and Ankara definitive agreements for the extension of a second pipeline to export oil and gas export last.

The total production capacity of Kurdistan about 350 thousand barrels per day and is expected to rise to 400 thousand barrels per day, the end of this year and one million barrels per day in 2015 and two million barrels per day in 2019

XYZ

• Upvote 1

Barzani to Diyarbakir to save the Turkish Kurdish reconciliation
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 15 2 / NOVEMBER 2013 22:48 Send to a Friend  Print  PDF
User Rating:  / 0 
PoorGood 

Twilight News / President of the Office of the Presidency of the Kurdistan Region, the regional president Massoud Barzani early next week, will pay an official visit to the Turkish city of Diyarbakir, the Kurdish-majority, at the invitation of Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan.

altThe head of the Presidium of the region, Fouad Hussein, said in a statement reported for "Twilight News" that Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan suggested that a meeting with President Barzani in the city of Diyarbakir and participate in the opening of a service projects and festivals are held there.

Hussein added that "the timing of the visit is important, and there is a political process and negotiations in Turkey between the Turkish government and the leadership of the PKK, but there are pitfalls in the way of these negotiations, we see that the timing of the visit is important, and will be addressed to these issues and bilateral relations between the region and Turkey."

Hussein pointed out that the situation in Iraq would also be within the themes of this meeting, which brings together Barzani Erdogan, which comes days after a visit by Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu to Baghdad.

It is noted that due to attend all of the Kurdish artist Schwann Brewer and Turkish Ibrahim Tatless in a concert in the city of Diyarbakir and singing in both Turkish and Kurdish Barzani occasion of the visit of the city.

C

http://www.shafaaq.com/sh2/index.php/news/kurdistan-news/67502-2013-11-15-19-49-36.html

Ok what does all these articles means - trying to get a better understanding....

Here's a very simplistic take on this:

1) Hashemi went before the EU parliament to give a statement attesting to the atrocities / deaths/ sectarianism, etc. committed with full knowledge by Maliki. 

2) Maliki tried to stop Hashemi's testimony prior to Hashemi's report to the EU, but Maliki failed.

3) Recently, we saw that Maliki was meeting with Davaglu (I know my spelling is way off), from Turkey in order to try to improve relationship between Iraq and Turkey.  

4) In these talks, it is alleged that Turkey tried to run interference on behalf of Hashemi, in order to facilitate Maliki's full pardon of Hashemi, so he could return to Iraq (Maliki had Hashemi tried for crimes within Iraq (almost two years ago now?) - Hashemi fled to Turkey - some say the charges were trumped)

5) AFTER this meeting, we saw various statements issued by Maliki's party members stating that as long as Turkey was going to try to help Hashemi get back to Iraq, Maliki, effectively, will not allow healing between Turkey and Iraq.

6) So..then we have Turkey meeting with the Kurds, in order to help heal the situation economically and religiously (Kurdish issues, as well as Syrian refugee issues)..and to my mind, Turkey offering to help the Kurds with payment distributions, along with Washington's help, is a strong diplomatic move..and undoubtedly, IMO, Maliki will be pissed off.

There's much more to this, but this is the reader's digest version :-), IMO.

Edited by TBomb
  • Upvote 3