Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Is it time for peaceful disobedience?

desimo

I love the way the WWII vets owned the memorial.  I would really also love to see some of those million plus  veteran bikers own some of the other parks and sites.  Maybe it is time for peaceful disobedience to tell the federal government this is OUR land, WE own it, you work for US. 

• Upvote 11

I love the way the WWII vets owned the memorial. I would really also love to see some of those million plus veteran bikers own some of the other parks and sites. Maybe it is time for peaceful disobedience to tell the federal government this is OUR land, WE own it, you work for US.

Bump

• Upvote 1

I love the way the WWII vets owned the memorial.  I would really also love to see some of those million plus  veteran bikers own some of the other parks and sites.  Maybe it is time for peaceful disobedience to tell the federal government this is OUR land, WE own it, you work for US. 

What do you have in mind? I might be up for it.

Roadrunner

• Upvote 3

For real change, it will probably take a leader on a national scale, one with charisma like Dr. King for the people to rally behind and support.  Who that would be I have no idea but that is how I see real change happening.  Our elected officials, seems like most of them but not all, are out of touch with the people they are supposed to be serving.

• Upvote 1

All it would take is one rambo to spin the peaceful disobedience out of control and people get hurt.  If it is peaceful then go for it but if it is just a front to act ignorant then please don't poor gasoline on the fire.

You can bet your bottom dinar someone is getting the gas ready now. After all there is 315 million people here and I am pretty sure they are all not level headed. 

I am also sure that our Government taught some people to be pretty resilient (Rambo's) and they too love freedom.

The old boy scout motto is "be prepared." For what? I am not sure. But just in case winter is coming and I like to be high and dry.

Peace

Come on RV 

Thought I would share what I found on my facebook from the Constitutional Party of Illinois

PEOPLE, URGENT! IF YOU HAVE FRIENDS IN THE VIRGINIA, MARYLAND, PENNSYLVANIA, WEST VIRGINIA REGION, SHARE WITH THEM. Tomorrow morning at nine o'clock. I will be at the World War Two Memorial on the Mall in Washington. We who gather there will demand the National Park Service Rangers to remove the barricades. We will give them an ultimatum. If they do not remove them by 2:00 in the afternoon. We will remove them by force. No weapons will be brought to this event. We need people, many people. PREPARE TO BE ARRESTED OR DETAINED. Show your true American colors and be there. Bring your Star-Spangled Banner with you. We cannot permit this spiteful act by this third world, banana republic dictator wanna be, to go unchecked by We the People, the first branch of government. We will remove these barricades and that is our intent. Shutdown or no ...shutdown, this is ridiculous. Tyranny always starts small, inch by inch and this is one example of many. Enough is enough! If we didn't have any of our Second World War veterans alive today, We the People wouldn't have access to honor them by visiting these memorials. Those barricades are an eye sore, should not be there in the first place and they must be removed. Lastly, our World War II vets should not have to enter the memorial through those barricades. Also, those are Our barricades, we paid for them. Contact me if you are seriously intending to attend tomorrow, so we can meet and coordinate. I will do this alone if I have to. Manuel E. Vega Our Vietnam War Memorial Wall and the Korean War Memorial are also barricade

For real change, it will probably take a leader on a national scale, one with charisma like Dr. King for the people to rally behind and support.  Who that would be I have no idea but that is how I see real change happening.  Our elected officials, seems like most of them but not all, are out of touch with the people they are supposed to be serving.

This is exactly my observation and a few posts here asking 'where is the voice' to galvanize together the fragmented truth that so many are aware of.

I disagree. If we wait for the perfect leader we will wait until time ends. For real change 300 million Americans need to stand up go outside and do something,  peaceful civil disobedience is a good start. From this, in time, a leader will be born, but they must be born of us, our actions, us the American people trying to do something to fix OUR country.