Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A new Iraqi currency. Soon

boomer113189

lol show me of an example of a time when deletion of the zeros means something that doesn't have to do with exchanging a ceartin amount of old banknotes for 1 new. aka redenominate

Boomer, what if, Iraq floats their currency? The Value starts out at 1166, and is introduced to the market as a free float and is subject to supply and demand. I think pretty much everyone including the the CBI knows the value today is undervalued. I would dare say, as the value increased, the in-country notes would slowly be brought into the coffers of the central bank. The CBI would be able to buy back the three zero notes on the cheap. Yes, and more than likely we will not see our glorious RV, and we as the investor will more than likely have to hold on to our three zero notes until the rate becomes suitable for your desired profit. The gradual deletion of the three zero notes would provide for the strengthening in value and less shock to the markets; therefore inflation could be controlled. WE already know, the notes in circulation, the lower denoms are scarce. Because the CBI does present M0 numbers, there is really no way to tell exactly how much currency is in circulation within the country, and that is a very important statistic in which you place your neutral event upon. Iraq is still in the process of dollarizing their economy and pullin in the three zero notes. WE have seen article after article stating the notes in circulation are mutilated. IMO, there a few laws that need to be passed to move into article VIII, and from what I'm reading, these laws may now be a priority. By floating the currency, the CBI would be able to buy the three zeros back with the less expense, and make money on the exchange. This actually would be a win win for all of us with patience!

Edited by Butifldrm
  • Upvote 4

there is not much demand at all for the iraq dinar no one wants them. and if you dont believe me just look at some of the news articles in the news section of the forum. when they announce a date for the deletion of the 3 zeros aka RD they wil set up an exchange rate of 1000 old to 1 new and it will NEVER CHANGE untill there all void. that has been debunked about them pulling in just the notes with the 3 zeros on them its FALSE. they plan to take all the old currency at once for the new currency. 

• Upvote 1

Let's just take a quote from the article which heads this thread:

"The process of deleting zeros was postponed more than once, until called on Parliament's Economic Committee, reported channel "East" on the 7th of July, the Central Bank, to speed up the process of deletion of zeros of the Iraqi currency in a press conference that the deletion of zeros will increase the value of the Iraqi dinar will be reflected positively on the issue of reducing unemployment and poverty in the country."

1) there was a thread posted here at DV translating the term "deletion of the zeros" to be distilled to translate as: "removal of the leading zeros". 

2) Nowhere in the lead article does it state the word "redonomination", but for sake of argument, I took the word "redenomination" and translated it to Arabic, then I took that Arabic word and retranslated again with Bing (back to English) and got the phrase: "boils down to".  (again the word "redonomination IS NOT USED IN THIS ARTICLE)

3) Also, considering that there have been countless articles stating that much of the currency is damaged, there would be a need to replace at least the most used denominations.

4) to me, this can only mean that removal of the zeroes from the value and or the physical currency can mean the value will by proxy be increased, based on the quoted section from the article, which I've posted here.

5) If you believe it will be a LOP why are you here and why are you debating this?  To GET people out of their dinar?  To "enlighten" people?  If so, either of these acts are ego based. This is an investment, let people come to their own conclusions based on THEIR own research...as good stewards of their own lives.

reference link: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/154112-why-three-zeros-gone-is-a-good-thing/?hl=%2Bremove+%2Bleading+%2Bzeros#entry1210537

Edited by Frangipani
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

boomer, Woe ye of little faith.  I'm not going to go into the innate value of Iraq's currency.   See the Dinar I hold, and more than likely you hold is a Fiat currency.  As I hope you are pretty much aware of the fact that, a Fiat currency needs no backing other than the good credit of the country that it comes from to be able to pay it's debt.  We and the EU are prime examples of that. ( yet as of the past few days, the United States is teetoring)  Yes, I know, technically Iraq and any other country is responsible for the backing of all currenccy in existence, but truly what country that prints a Fiat currency has ever held restraint?    Since Iraq has been blessed with debt forgiveness of over 80 percent of it's debt, and do tell me any country that has lopped their currency which has experienced such world wide debt forgiveness.. ie by the Paris Club,and China.  For the past few years, Iraq also appears to be negotiating and signing contracts for investment with countries outside the Paris Club to more than likely negotiate investment to nullify debt, Iraq could possibly be one of the richest countries in the world considering their assets, Gold, Oil, Phospherous, and Antiquities, with very little Debt Per Capita.  The people of Iraq owe much less than you do boomer.  That's a given.  they have lived under Austerity for the past 20 years, and if you live in the US (Reality) your currency as of today is still worth a $1.00.  Now, purchasing power is another story.

• Upvote 2

boomer, Woe ye of little faith.  I'm not going to go into the innate value of Iraq's currency.   See the Dinar I hold, and more than likely you hold is a Fiat currency.  As I hope you are pretty much aware of the fact that, a Fiat currency needs no backing other than the good credit of the country that it comes from to be able to pay it's debt.  We and the EU are prime examples of that. ( yet as of the past few days, the United States is teetoring)  Yes, I know, technically Iraq and any other country is responsible for the backing of all currenccy in existence, but truly what country that prints a Fiat currency has ever held restraint?    Since Iraq has been blessed with debt forgiveness of over 80 percent of it's debt, and do tell me any country that has lopped their currency which has experienced such world wide debt forgiveness.. ie by the Paris Club,and China.  For the past few years, Iraq also appears to be negotiating and signing contracts for investment with countries outside the Paris Club to more than likely negotiate investment to nullify debt, Iraq could possibly be one of the richest countries in the world considering their assets, Gold, Oil, Phospherous, and Antiquities, with very little Debt Per Capita.  The people of Iraq owe much less than you do boomer.  That's a given.  they have lived under Austerity for the past 20 years, and if you live in the US (Reality) your currency as of today is still worth a $1.00.  Now, purchasing power is another story.

i don't buy into speculation or investments upon faith cuz it has nothing to do with it

• Upvote 1

"The process of deleting zeros was postponed more than once, until called on Parliament's Economic Committee, reported channel "East" on the 7th of July, the Central Bank, to speed up the process of deletion of zeros of the Iraqi currency in a press conference that the deletion of zeros will increase the value of the Iraqi dinar will be reflected positively on the issue of reducing unemployment and poverty in the country."

1) there was a thread posted here at DV translating the term "deletion of the zeros" to be distilled to translate as: "removal of the leading zeros". 

2) Nowhere in the lead article does it state the word "redonomination", but for sake of argument, I took the word "redenomination" and translated it to Arabic, then I took that Arabic word and retranslated again with Bing (back to English) and got the phrase: "boils down to".  (again the word "redonomination IS NOT USED IN THIS ARTICLE)

3) Also, considering that there have been countless articles stating that much of the currency is damaged, there would be a need to replace at least the most used denominations.

4) to me, this can only mean that removal of the zeroes from the value and or the physical currency can mean the value will by proxy be increased, based on the quoted section from the article, which I've posted here.

5) If you believe it will be a LOP why are you here and why are you debating this?  To GET people out of their dinar?  To "enlighten" people?  If so, either of these acts are ego based. This is an investment, let people come to their own conclusions based on THEIR own research...as good stewards of their own lives.

reference link: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/154112-why-three-zeros-gone-is-a-good-thing/?hl=%2Bremove+%2Bleading+%2Bzeros#entry1210537

1. deletion of zeros will increase the value of the Iraqi dinar ?  yes after a redenomination takes place it can make the currency value go up after some time

2. Nowhere in the lead article does it state the word "redonomination", but for sake of argument, I took the word "redenomination" and translated it to Arabic, then I took that Arabic word and retranslated again with Bing (back to English) and got the phrase: "boils down to".  (again the word "redonomination IS NOT USED IN THIS ARTICLE). 

redenomination: a new unit replaces the old unit with a fixed number of old units being converted to 1 new unit. referred to as "cutting zeroes"

i have explained why i am here in past posts

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

i don't buy into speculation or investments upon faith cuz it has nothing to do with it

Dang boomer, I guess then you don't invest with or in the USD.

Defintion of a Fiat currency:

Fiat money

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fiat money has been defined variously as:

The term derives from the Latin fiat ("let it be done", "it shall be").[5]

While gold- or silver-backed representative money entails the legal requirement that the bank of issue redeem it in fixed weights of gold or silver, fiat money's value is unrelated to the value of any physical quantity. Even a coin containing valuable metal may be considered fiat currency if its face value is higher than its market value as metal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_money

Edited by Butifldrm
  • Upvote 1

Wrong....people will cling on to whatever fairly tales they can to keep convincing themselves they werent scammed!!

Its not ego based. Its fact based....

• Upvote 2

I always get a big laugh when someone says the IQD is undervalued. Lol ...They can't even bridge the freakin gap between the sagging street rate and the 1166 to 1. If anything it's slightly overvalued inside Iraq.. considering what Iraqi's are willing to trade for USD vs. IQD, or vice versa.

Take a look at their staggering money supply...go take a course on basic economics and then maybe a bell will go off in your heads.

:D :D

• Upvote 2

I'm STILL waiting for someone to show me just 1 currency from history that rv'd at least 20% in a single move.

Most here are looking for 100,000% for the IQD. Lol

That gets me rolling on the floor. :D

Edited by fib1618
  • Upvote 3

reference link: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/154112-why-three-zeros-gone-is-a-good-thing/?hl=%2Bremove+%2Bleading+%2Bzeros#entry121053

removal , slash , cut drop , delete , lift,  lop  of the zeros =  Redenominate hands down.

• Upvote 1

LOL. can you provide a good reason why iraq should not redenominate there currency.

Can you read?  My point(easily understood by most) is that there will be no RV or RD.  The country is imploding more and more everyday.  They plainly state in every RD article that they can't do it until the country becomes more stable.  I guess you think that Iraq is becoming more stable?  You couldn't be more wrong if this is true.  Are the trees in the way of you seeing the forest?

• Upvote 1

1. deletion of zeros will increase the value of the Iraqi dinar ?  yes after a redenomination takes place it can make the currency value go up after some time

2. Nowhere in the lead article does it state the word "redonomination", but for sake of argument, I took the word "redenomination" and translated it to Arabic, then I took that Arabic word and retranslated again with Bing (back to English) and got the phrase: "boils down to".  (again the word "redonomination IS NOT USED IN THIS ARTICLE). 

redenomination: a new unit replaces the old unit with a fixed number of old units being converted to 1 new unit. referred to as "cutting zeroes"

i have explained why i am here in past posts

its funny how you give me this guys OP on the zeros but yet he cant back it up with any links to what zeros from currency means. if you even google removal of zeros from currency you will immediately see all the currency that redenominated show up on the results. dont take my word for it just google lift , delete , remove zeros from currency you will be greeted with redenomination articals

• Upvote 1

Butifldrm i am still waiting for you are one of the dinar people to show me multiples ways of how deletions of the zeros can play out ? anyone wanna take a shot ?  if people would just google deletion of zeros on currency you know hands down i would be telling you the truth . i am no guru that like to lie to people unlike everyone in the rumors section posting of its going to rv tonight junk. but alot of the dinar people believe them more then people in the lop section even those the loppers section is filled with links backing it up but everyone goes crazy over the rumors section even tho theirs no links or even shred of evidence of any of it being true.   i think most the dinar folks just want to hear good news and blindly ignore the rest.   

• Upvote 1

Ye not knoweth what ye readeth.

Rd/lop leads to an improved dinar. The old holds 1000, but the new has the Power of 1:1. That's the mprvement spoke of, ant wh t Iraqis wil experience when they get the new 1 dinar.

Iraq plans on cutting three zeroes after the parliamentary elections.

Why do people who understands the cbis lop message stay on dv? Very simple, it's a dinar discussion board, not a fantasy land for people to create their own facts

To come to your conclusion, we need to change the history of over 70 past rds, invent a whole new dictionary, and throw out every central bank fundamentals ever invented by economists.

So it's cool to believe, but your position is not based on any perimeter or fact known to mankind.

must be listening to another Dinar RV guru

i have to give a huge shout out to 

keepmwlknfny

he is the first person to open up my eyes on this whole deleting the zeros stuff after i saw him post about he got alot of flack about it from the dinar community  after i saw the post i started to read up on it and sure enough he was spot on but everyone else was wrong

And poof now your a genius...................lol

The Rothschilds are going to make us rich!!!!

I feel sorry for the sheeple who believe that crap.

:D

No you don't. You are probably the most vengeful person I have ever come across, thank god I don't have to live with you. 

Ye not knoweth what ye readeth.

Rd/lop leads to an improved dinar. The old holds 1000, but the new has the Power of 1:1. That's the mprvement spoke of, ant wh t Iraqis wil experience when they get the new 1 dinar.

Iraq plans on cutting three zeroes after the parliamentary elections.

Why do people who understands the cbis lop message stay on dv? Very simple, it's a dinar discussion board, not a fantasy land for people to create their own facts

To come to your conclusion, we need to change the history of over 70 past rds, invent a whole new dictionary, and throw out every central bank fundamentals ever invented by economists.

So it's cool to believe, but your position is not based on any perimeter or fact known to mankind.

IMO those that are hell bent in their belief of RD/LOP are here for two reasons 1)rain on the hopes of others  2)to somehow massage their massive ego's that were manipulated/hoodwinked into speculating/investing into dinar. Again my opinion ...............................GO RD!!!!!!