Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

McCain: Obama would face impeachment if he puts ‘boots on the ground’ in Syria

McCain: Obama would face impeachment if he puts ‘boots on the ground’ in Syria

By Sean SullivanPublished: September 6 at 1:51 pmE-mail the writer

Sen. John McCain (R-Ariz.) said Thursday that President Obama would be impeached if he deployed U.S. troops in Syria.

“No one wants American boots on the ground. Nor will there be American boots on the ground, because there would be an impeachment of the president if they did that,” McCain told Phoenix radio station KYFI on Thursday.

McCain voted in committee Wednesday for a resolution to approve the use of military force against the Syrian government. On Saturday, Obama asked Congress to approve a limited military strike against Syria for the alleged use of chemical weapons against its own people.

Testifying before the committee Tuesday, Secretary of State John Kerry briefly appeared unwilling to rule out the possibility of U.S. troops being deployed in Syria. But he later said, “there will not be American boots on the ground with respect to the civil war.”

McCain faced stiff push-back from constituents opposed to a military strike at a town hall meeting Thursday. He defended the necessity of an attack in his interview with KYFI and challenged those who say the United States has not demonstrated through intelligence that Syria launched a deadly chemical attack against its own people.

“For any of our listeners who say, ‘See, they still haven’t proved it’: There’s proof, and you’ll be seeing more of it,” McCain said.

***///

Then we may as well start impeachment right now.

We have So many US "operatives" & "independent contract personnel" on the ground there right now it's sick.

Just because they're on the books as something other than actual active duty Uniformed Military Troops,  

doesn't mean they don't exist and are not there as we speak. <_<

As always with The Great Liar & his evil minions,

it's a matter of linguistic artistry.  Twist & spin until something breaks.

• Upvote 2

Some follks say we have contractors already there, can you please provide a link to show proof.  Embassy personnel are not contractors, Military assigned to the embassy are part of the embassy and do not count as boots on the ground.  Can someone please post a link?  My sources say no there are not that is what drones and sat coverage is for.

Thanks

***///

Then we may as well start impeachment right now.

We have So many US "operatives" & "independent contract personnel" on the ground there right now it's sick.

Just because they're on the books as something other than actual active duty Uniformed Military Troops,  

doesn't mean they don't exist and are not there as we speak. <_<

As always with The Great Liar & his evil minions,

it's a matter of linguistic artistry.  Twist & spin until something breaks.

Yep. They can call them "Advisors" or "Trainers" or whatever other tags they want to hang on them. The fact is that there are a few hundred there right now and will be many more before this is over with. I had a couple of pretty good offers myself, but chose to sit this one out.

Roadrunner

• Upvote 1

Yep. They can call them "Advisors" or "Trainers" or whatever other tags they want to hang on them. The fact is that there are a few hundred there right now and will be many more before this is over with. I had a couple of pretty good offers myself, but chose to sit this one out.

Roadrunner

Do you have a link sir?  Or is this scuttlebutt from Ms Sparky?

Roadrunner

***///

Pretty lucrative one we bet, too. 

Young wife on our street is without her man right now because he couldn't pass up the money. 

Now she's home alone with 2 small boys and absolutely beside herself with what hobummer is doing.

He's a top-notch guy.  We miss him at our little Martini clatches in the evenings.

He's on our Prayer List and we help her and the boys as much as we can when we're in town.

Said he needs the money because he couldn't wait for the RV and wants to take his family out of hobummerland.

Do you have a link sir?  Or is this scuttlebutt from Ms Sparky?

You may be one of those that believes it is only true if it is on the internet. The fact is that there are lots of things going on in this world that are not advertised. I made a comment in agreement with the ladies not to spark a debate with anyone. I don't know what your job is, but I would assume that you know things about your pofession that people outside your circle may not know. This is what I do, and I am also quite good at my profession and believe it or not (makes no difference to me), there are things going on all over the world that never get CNN coverage.

Roadrunner

• Upvote 1

Some follks say we have contractors already there, can you please provide a link to show proof.  Embassy personnel are not contractors, Military assigned to the embassy are part of the embassy and do not count as boots on the ground.  Can someone please post a link?  My sources say no there are not that is what drones and sat coverage is for.

Thanks

The red lanyard company is looking for a bug man for Syria. You interested?

Very lucrative. Money is playing out in Afghanistan and a lot of guys are following the money trail, mostly brits and the "Good ole boys" from North Carolina.

Roadrunner

***///

He's originally from Missouri (we're pretty sure).  He is desperate to get his Wife and boys out of here.

He knows stuff even WE don't know about ! 

But a lot of what he knows, we were schooled in by 'OlSarge,

so were all on the same page about what hobummer is REALLY doing.

If all the Good 'Ol Boys from NC are over there,

who's going to be there to stop hobummer's private army when they haul in the "non-existent' nuke from Texas....  ?

Roadrunner

Oh... I have no doubts about what you say.

Thanks

You may be one of those that believes it is only true if it is on the internet. The fact is that there are lots of things going on in this world that are not advertised. I made a comment in agreement with the ladies not to spark a debate with anyone. I don't know what your job is, but I would assume that you know things about your pofession that people outside your circle may not know. This is what I do, and I am also quite good at my profession and believe it or not (makes no difference to me), there are things going on all over the world that never get CNN coverage.

Roadrunner

***///

Well said, Sir.  By the time the ignorant masses realize the truth, it'll be too late for them. <_<

Fine by us, we could sure use a lot less stupid around here ! <_<

Roadrunner

No disrespect Road, i know you have travel the roads of Iraq and afghanistan and yes there is alot of stuff that is going or a getting everything together for a ROM.  Some folks on this forum know more that some who are actually in theater.  Not sure how they do but hey just like the dinar i will leave it at that.  I had a request for my services but i declined the offer all money is not good money.  Been at home for a year, but i still have contacts in both Theaters of Opeartion.  The idea of MOPP level 4 in 100 pluse degree weather is not my bowl of milk Stay safe sir.

The red lanyard company is looking for a bug man for Syria. You interested?

I already declined the offer.  Not syria sir.

Nothing but posturing and pretense.

The only logical next step from any action is having to set boots on the ground.

Otherwise they will say look at what happened in Egypt when we didn't help the process.

This is pure BS. They are desperate to sell this to America, and if they can convince people there is actually some discontent. and some of the strongest supporters are determined to "stand on moral ground", just look at all the stinking flip flopping McCain has done.

McCain has no moral ground. Ethics are changed with every new position.

If they haven't already started any impeachment process for crimes already committed, you can bet they never will.

Just more political theater.

I agree Divemaster. They won't impeach him no matter what he pulls. If they had the stones to it, they would have done so already.

Roadrunner

On December 7, 1941 Japan launched a limited airstrike, with no boots on the ground, against a country that had not threatened them in anyway. 2,335 US service men died in the attack and 1,143 more were wounded. This strike, as we all know, was at Pearl Harbor. This unprovoked attack on US soil was sufficient cause for us to enter WWII. Any actions we took afterwards were justified because they attacked us first. If Obama, in spite of the lack of congressional support and in defiance of the international community, is allowed to pursue this attack on Syria, we put ourselves in the same category as Japan in their attack on us. Syria and her allies will reciprocate with attacks on our embassies and installations around the world, and probably even targets here in the US. When this happens remember who drew first blood.

Roadrunner

• Upvote 4

I agree Divemaster. They won't impeach him no matter what he pulls. If they had the stones to it, they would have done so already.

Roadrunner

On December 7, 1941 Japan launched a limited airstrike, with no boots on the ground, against a country that had not threatened them in anyway. 2,335 US service men died in the attack and 1,143 more were wounded. This strike, as we all know, was at Pearl Harbor. This unprovoked attack on US soil was sufficient cause for us to enter WWII. Any actions we took afterwards were justified because they attacked us first. If Obama, in spite of the lack of congressional support and in defiance of the international community, is allowed to pursue this attack on Syria, we put ourselves in the same category as Japan in their attack on us. Syria and her allies will reciprocate with attacks on our embassies and installations around the world, and probably even targets here in the US. When this happens remember who drew first blood.

Roadrunner

100% agreed.  Roadrunner, you stay safe, blend with the sand.  Know that we have you in our prayers.  Ohhhh and I agree also, that the American people don't know half the stuff that is going on.

• Upvote 2

Roadrunner

Roadrunner

+1 Roadrunner. This is exactly the way I see it to. 

We let this genie out of the bottle and we are gonna be so screwed.

Stay safe man

• Upvote 2