Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Member of the economy: the Iraqi dinar will see its price improvement against the U.S. dollar in the coming period

yota691

Same old Crap, How many times have we heard this, like a broken record over and over, all Talk and never any action, This has gotten OLD. enough with the coming Day, Soon , near future, How about TODAY think they ever heard that word. 

How many times have we heard this??

This has been going on for the past 10 years, thats how long I've been in this so call investment.

Print version print.gif   Email to a friend send2.gif    
T8P8DCT889PFY890.jpg   The economy: the Iraqi dinar will see an improvement in price against the dollar during the coming period   Member of the Committee said economic and investment MP Jassem Mohammad shankali, the Iraqi dinar exchange rate against the US dollar during the coming period after the action by the Central Bank to strengthen it. Shankali said that "the Iraqi economy is strong and the dinar is covered with a large reserve of hard currency, and this will give him strength and makes him immune from global economic shocks". "The new measures adopted by the Central Bank will support the stability of the dinar exchange rate and make better value against the greenback in the coming period." He noted that "the fall in the dinar exchange rate during the last period came as a result of mafias had manipulated and controlled the Central Bank auction and hard currency."
  • Upvote 7

I copied this article from Kap's site. I think it is a different person Jassem Mohammad shankali

saying this than we have read before.  The more the merrier. A year ago, they were so against the dinar having more value than the dollar and now we routinely see these articles. I could read 10 of these articles a day because it dismisses the lop idea. Here's hoping they find the courage to get it done this year.

Come on IMF give Iraq a quick boot, just like the UN did to get the Chapter 7 done.

• Upvote 1

What does- "THE fall in the diner during  "the last period" mean?  What last period is being referred here? 

I will appreciate a knowledgeable explanation of this. Thanks

Aspromised,

Your guess is as good as anyone's.

My opinion is this refers to several weeks ago, when the dinar was so unstable in the market place, due to counterfeiting and outside influences. The price was wildly fluctuating and the CBI said they had to get the rate to match more to the program rate 1166. 

What does coming period mean? Who knows?

I think it means Jan 1, 2014, but we all know it could be any minute now. We will see, but  nonetheless, the news is positive.

are they just talking about the street rate again???? ugh...

Alex,

Could be the street rate. The goal was to stabalize the street rate before going international and put some value to the dinar.  Sounds promising doesn't it? Oh, i forgot who i was asking "mr 2022" :) I liked you better when you said 2016. lol

Alex,

Could be the street rate. The goal was to stabalize the street rate before going international and put some value to the dinar.  Sounds promising doesn't it? Oh, i forgot who i was asking "mr 2022" :) I liked you better when you said 2016. lol

hahahhaha... well, everytime a guru speaks I up the date... hahahahaa... I thought they already "stabilized" the rate last month? huh...

Last period was the first quarter or third of calendar year 2013, while the next period will be end of third/on into fourth quarter 2013 before Jan. 1, 2014.

I think in these articles, when they refer to stabilizing the dinar they are referring to bringing the street rate closer to the official CBI rate. When they talk about the dinar gaining in value against the dollar, it could be both going along with the stabilization to be around the dollar, or at certain times I believe it could mean just increasing the dinar's internationally recognized and accepted value, now that they're out of Ch.7. In this specific article, I think it's the latter, and that they're referring to the dinar gaining in value for its true value/exchange rate (internationally).