Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

A little science on conservatism....

hame55

How did you know? Your ignorance precedes you. Who would think you, of all ignorance, would know anything. Your stupidity is astounding. I am in amazement of your ability to type. Please bless us with more of your ignorance.

Correcting the English teacher is priceless. Thank you!

Yeah, I think that Teach meant to insult Fox viewers, but couldn't even do that well.    :shakehead:

***///

Watchin' ya'll corral them varmints is PRICELESS! :cowboy:

Keep up the good work, ya'll !  WaHooo:cowboy2: 

I have one question for you . Do you believe that the average citizen can govern themselves? A simple yes or no answer will suffice. (I know libs have trouble with yes or no answers)

***///

Ride 'em, Cowboy!  :cowboy1:  Git them varmints !  YeeHaw   !   :wave:  :lol:

• Upvote 1

I believe a very important difference between Liberals and Conservatives is the way that they care for others. Hillarious Clinton was the one I believe that coined the phrase, "It takes a village to raise a child". That seems to be a prevalant opinion in the liberal ranks. The Liberal mindset is to let the government provide the finances to support those less fortunate.

I believe most conservatives would rather help out their fellow citizens from their own personal finaces than to have a government program do it. That is why conservative minded people tend to donate more money to charity.

Even the liberal leadership shows a perfect example of how tight they are with their own personal money, but are happy to spend taxpayer monies no problem.

Hame, you seem to be a pretty big supporter of institutions of higher learning and thats just fine, but that doesn't make you or any other person who has a higher education degree a better person than anyone else. I absolutely hate the attitude of people who think that they are more superior than others just because they went to college. Get over yourself! You stil put your big boy pants on just like everyone else.

This whole back and forth about your a stupid conservative etc....Well your a stupid liberal etc....is immature and childish. Even with the smart man words with multiple syllables you still show yourself immature.

Edited by billbill
  • Upvote 3

I believe a very important difference between Liberals and Conservatives is the way that they care for others. Hillarious Clinton was the one I believe that coined the phrase, "It takes a village to raise a child". That seems to be a prevalant opinion in the liberal ranks. The Liberal mindset is to let the government provide the finances to support those less fortunate.

I believe most conservatives would rather help out their fellow citizens from their own personal finaces than to have a government program do it. That is why conservative minded people tend to donate more money to charity.

Even the liberal leadership shows a perfect example of how tight they are with their own personal money, but are happy to spend taxpayer monies no problem.

Hame, you seem to be a pretty big supporter of institutions of higher learning and thats just fine, but that doesn't make you or any other person who has a higher education degree a better person than anyone else. I absolutely hate the attitude of people who think that they are more superior than others just because they went to college. Get over yourself! You stil put your big boy pants on just like everyone else.

This whole back and forth about your a stupid conservative etc....Well your a stupid liberal etc....is immature and childish. Even with the smart man words with multiple syllables you still show yourself immature.

Touche', well said and so deserving.

***///

Billary Clinton is a PLAGARIST -  "It takes a village" is an ancient African saying, part of a teachable moment in that culture.

It sickens us to see her continuously take credit for it.

Just like when she whips into an "African/Black American Southern accent" when she addresses people,

she is condescending and ridiculous.

We know this because one of 'OlSarge'sGals is a Nubian Queen,

and that's her take on that "she-devil".

• Upvote 1

***///

BUMPER -- somebody nixed the PLUS+1 one we sent your way,

bad form and lowly to be sure. :angry:

We'll load 'em up on ya elsewhere, so you'll still git yer Sheriff's pay! ;)

:lol:  :lol:  That's ok, I have 6000+ more to work with!   :twothumbs:

• Upvote 1

She should have titled it, "It takes a village to raise an idiot."

I don't need anyone helping me to raise my kids! That is why our once great nation is becoming what it is...this mentality that someone else needs to do for me and mine while I sit back and enjoy the ride is pathetic. People need to stop looking for a handout and start working for themselves. The American dream isn't to have a house, two cars and a bunch of kids. The American dream is to go after what you desire with HARD WORK AND DETERMINATION and you can achieve almost anything. It seems like we are raising a generation that doesn't want to sweat for anything. We aren't entitled to most of the things that are being sold as entitlements these days.

• Upvote 3

As an independant I think it would be good to just address this from a neutral perspective.  It's true that in general liberals are more educated than conservatives, but if you consider all of the data you'll find out that while on the higher end there are more people with graduate degrees who vote Democrat than Republican, on the lower end of the spectrum Democrats are also less educated.  In other words more of the less educated conservatives have a high school diploma or some college than the less educated liberals.  That means that NASCAR fan Billy Bob is more likely to finish high school than hip hop fan Tyrone. More business majors vote Republican.  More liberal arts majors vote Democrat.  More accountants, physicians, dentists, business managers, scientists ...etc. vote Republican while more artists, professors, lawyers, social workers, journalists, authors ... etc. vote Democrat. 

Both sides can point to studies that promote their agenda and make their perspective appear superior, but there is little hard, neutral data to go on.  You can find great intellectuals on both sides as well as a few idiots.  Both sides have a base driven by those in the clergy.  Both sides have their share of millionaires although more people who earn over $100,000/yr are Republicans according to a CNN exit poll. 

I think it's best to just debate politics on the issues and leave the mud slinging and insults out of it.  Neither side can realistically claim the moral or intellectual high ground.  When you engage in these type of discussions you tend to overlook the fact that both sides are selling us out.

• Upvote 9

It has been observed before that all people are born right-handed, but

only the gifted overcome it. This is to say that only the left-handed are in

their right mind.

NMGarand

Ummm... correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you meant to say functionally illiterate? ...not the brightest rocket surgeon, are you hame?

No, functionally literate.

It means able to do shopping lists, read the TV guide, write checks, read TV headlines, read a menu...functional.

Hmm....That is weird.  I have a college degree and have lived in the hick part of Georgia, the meltiing pot of New York AND have been living in Mexico for 7 years now....And I AM racist.  Let's face it.  Everyone has SOME racism in them.

True. Everyone has some racism, I'm sure. I probably do, tho I try not to.

Remember homophobia is in this too. Fear, or misunderstanding of gays is part of this.

This study doesn't say ALL conservatives are racist.

It merely points out tendencies toward it based on certain qualities.

As an independant I think it would be good to just address this from a neutral perspective.  It's true that in general liberals are more educated than conservatives, but if you consider all of the data you'll find out that while on the higher end there are more people with graduate degrees who vote Democrat than Republican, on the lower end of the spectrum Democrats are also less educated.  In other words more of the less educated conservatives have a high school diploma or some college than the less educated liberals.  That means that NASCAR fan Billy Bob is more likely to finish high school than hip hop fan Tyrone. More business majors vote Republican.  More liberal arts majors vote Democrat.  More accountants, physicians, dentists, business managers, scientists ...etc. vote Republican while more artists, professors, lawyers, social workers, journalists, authors ... etc. vote Democrat. 

Both sides can point to studies that promote their agenda and make their perspective appear superior, but there is little hard, neutral data to go on.  You can find great intellectuals on both sides as well as a few idiots.  Both sides have a base driven by those in the clergy.  Both sides have their share of millionaires although more people who earn over $100,000/yr are Republicans according to a CNN exit poll. 

I think it's best to just debate politics on the issues and leave the mud slinging and insults out of it.  Neither side can realistically claim the moral or intellectual high ground.  When you engage in these type of discussions you tend to overlook the fact that both sides are selling us out.

Both sides ARE selling us out. Good for another thread. Start one.

As for hard numbers, I would agree with almost all you write here. Nice job.

However, you ignore the psychological factors in my second post. Care to address those?

She should have titled it, "It takes a village to raise an idiot."

I don't need anyone helping me to raise my kids! That is why our once great nation is becoming what it is...this mentality that someone else needs to do for me and mine while I sit back and enjoy the ride is pathetic. People need to stop looking for a handout and start working for themselves. The American dream isn't to have a house, two cars and a bunch of kids. The American dream is to go after what you desire with HARD WORK AND DETERMINATION and you can achieve almost anything. It seems like we are raising a generation that doesn't want to sweat for anything. We aren't entitled to most of the things that are being sold as entitlements these days.

Bill

Ah, the welfare wagon.

Easily argued - here it is, pure and simple. The taxes that go to the military, big corporation tax breaks and entitlements, the tax breaks large churches under 501-c get while they promote right-wing politics, and the money wasted on huge wars to benefit big business - FAR EXCEEDS WELFARE PAYMENTS TO POOR PEOPLE (Many of who are poor because NO ONE can live on this minimum wage.....that's another break for big business too - a kind of hidden subsidy LOL.)

In the very year Exxon made the largest profit in Earth's history, George Bush gave the company 7 billion in tax break subsidies of YOUR TAX MONEY!!!!!

I don't hear any FOX-fed conservatives crying about that. Any of you righties care to debate welfare? - you're on...

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure this out.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Very well put Doc...... Ah.... Are ya married??? Lol.

Mitch

• Upvote 2

Ah, the welfare wagon.

Easily argued - here it is, pure and simple. The taxes that go to the military, big corporation tax breaks and entitlements, the tax breaks large churches under 501-c get while they promote right-wing politics, and the money wasted on huge wars to benefit big business - FAR EXCEEDS WELFARE PAYMENTS TO POOR PEOPLE (Many of who are poor because NO ONE can live on this minimum wage.....that's another break for big business too - a kind of hidden subsidy LOL.)

In the very year Exxon made the largest profit in Earth's history, George Bush gave the company 7 billion in tax break subsidies of YOUR TAX MONEY!!!!!

I don't hear any FOX-fed conservatives crying about that. Any of you righties care to debate welfare? - you're on...

It is easy to explain, but first let's get one thing clear..... DON'T TALK DOWN THE MILITARY! They are the ones sacrificing time away from their loved ones just so your liberal ass can sleep peacefully tonight.

Now to put the tax issue in simple terms that you may understand... Big corps get tax breaks, they take those funds and hire more employees. Those employees pay federal taxes, those federal taxes are "given" to your buddies to sit on their ass.

So take away the tax breaks, employees lose jobs, your unka Sammy loses revenue, your friends lose welfare and start stealing more

Edited by MITCH10
  • Upvote 3

However, you ignore the psychological factors in my second post. Care to address those?

Not really.  Studies are done by academics who tend to be liberal.  I've seen data that suggests a higher aggregate IQ among Republicans which I also don't buy.  The tendency toward bias is too strong to get reliable data on this IMO.

Yeah, I think that Teach meant to insult Fox viewers, but couldn't even do that well.    :shakehead:

I just thank God that my daughters are nearing the end of grade school with the risk of having a clueless liberal like this teaching them. But my daughters have common sense and a spine, something liberals never acquired in the womb.

No, functionally literate.

It means able to do shopping lists, read the TV guide, write checks, read TV headlines, read a menu...functional.

True. Everyone has some racism, I'm sure. I probably do, tho I try not to.

Remember homophobia is in this too. Fear, or misunderstanding of gays is part of this.

This study doesn't say ALL conservatives are racist.

It merely points out tendencies toward it based on certain qualities.

Bill

Ah, the welfare wagon.

You decry minimum wage as too low to live on, well here is one place that I will agree with you. But I worked for minimum wage when I was a very young man making $3.35 an hour and I was very happy with the check! Of course I still lived at home back then at the age of 15. Then I grew up and got higher paying jobs as my needs for more finance increased. I wasn't born with a silver spoon in my mouth, I just happended to be blessed (Sorry to use such an atrocious term) to be raised on a farm where I was expected to work. I chose not to go to college but entered the military instead. That doesn't make me stupid. In case you never noticed most people in minumum wage jobs are kids in high school or retired people looking for something to do to augment their retirement checks. They were never jobs that a person wanted to make a career out of. I'm tired of having to support people who make bad choices in their life. If you don't want to work for minimum wages all your life, then go back to school and get your

GED for crying out loud! Get another job in addition to the one you have as well. There are so many options to make more money, but people don't want to hear that, they want handouts instead.   

You talk about "Right Wing Churches" as if you actually know something about religion. LOL What about the liberal org's that push their agenda?  

How much of a profit is Exon making now under your beloved Obummer?

I am by no means for "Big Business" but I would rather have people working for big business over Big Government any day!

While we are on the subject of Oil, why isn't your beloved liberal media crying foul at Obama about the cost of fuel these last 5-6 years? They had no problem calling out President Bush...laughable!

Edited by billbill

Well I for one have no intentions of taking seriously a 'scientific' study done by psychologists... Seems psychologists are now trying to say pedophilia should deserve the same respect as homosexuality seeing as how they're both predetemined sexual orientations.. I know it has nothing with this thread, I was just explaining why I believe these psychologists and their studies are often done with less than enough marbles needed to rationally function..

• Upvote 4

***///

...and so there ya go.

The nice Doctor lady say's nothing to see here, :surgeon:

and she makes an excellent argument! :twothumbs: ...

all  "INEXACT SCIENCE" - hence not Scientific at all...

BAMA proves Psychologists are psycho by making an excellent point! :tiphat:

Time to put this ugly baby to bed..... just can't look at it anymore. :P

• Upvote 1

Ah, the welfare wagon.

That is a debate I would love to see happen here... Hames you would be excellent for taking on the Bankers/Corporate Welfare side...

Who would be good on the other side... debating that it's "poor people" that have bankrupted this country?

Any Takers? :rolleyes:

Sure get tired of hearing all about "Obama Phones" here... but crickets about TARP and Corporate Welfare adding up to who knows how much. 

The Fed Reserve Is Pumping Out 80 Billion + Every Month For Most Of The Last Year To Prop Open The Big 5 Banks Doors... QE III.

Tell Me THAT Isn't Welfare On A Grandious Scale From "Them Feeling Entitled".  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4