Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

RV before or after chapter 7 release

danny55

That I believe has always been a speculation, one that I myself thought 

to be better for all of us. However, it does seem that they might just get 

out of seven first. Not to worry though, it would be in Iraq's best interest 

to do something with there currency at, or near, the same time. Otherwise,

they might find that the world will simply find somewhere else to invest there 

money and let Iraq fall by the wayside. 

That, I don't believe will happen. 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I seem to recall having read somewhere, that Iraq has to have a trade able currency before they are released from chapter 7. Did I imagine that, or is it true (or not)?

Danny

I had always been under the " assumption ", [ best to be careful when using that word ], as well that [1]  A recognized Internationally tradeable currency prior to [2] then release out of Ch.7. This was discussed time and again as the understood viewpoint.  I don't recall ever hearing very much in the way of contrary argument.

Now, was this idea planted to throw people off the scent, ie. . . smoke and mirrors all this time to the real course of events? I just don't know. :confused2:

Going back to the RV / Ch 7 release. If that's true, then we should see [ expect ? ] the RV prior to the sign off of CH 7 on 27 June, 2013 ?  :praying:

A Question yes, because when has anything seemed  to be what it may/should/suppose to be on this roller coaster ride ?

Well Danny55, if it's RV then the release from Ch 7 [ 27 June,'13 - without hinderence it says ], we won't have long to wait  :praying:  :twothumbs:

BUT, with Ramadan quickly approaching, a time for fasting, reflection, restraint etc. . . would the RV adversely affect this month long, very important religious time for the people of Iraq; ergo, they all go Ape Sh*t Crazy with the RV. Would that notion cause a delay 'till after Ramadan is over - then time for the 3 day festival ? ? ? - " Eid ".   Sorry, more Questions and I don't have that answer. Wish I did.

• Upvote 1

I seem to recall reading several posts from Adam that they must be out of Chapter 7 before they can revalue. I'm also sure he had explained the reasons for that at some point as well, but my tiny brain can't remember all of the details.

• Upvote 1

Moejoe, If I remember correctly Adam thought they should be out of ch 7 before RV so they could militarily protect themselves and their assets.. I have never seen a valid arguement on why they must RV before a ch 7 release......... things are definetely looking promising for the near future though!!!

• Upvote 3

Bama, with all this new excitement, I can't help wishing SWFloridaGuy were here to share it.  He would be digging around (researching) and bringing us all kinds of interesting news and analysis. His was such a fine mind to lose!!  I hope his parents are aware of how much we thought of their son and that many of us continue to grieve with them.

• Upvote 12
  • Downvote 1

I seem to recall having read somewhere, that Iraq has to have a trade able currency before they are released from chapter 7. Did I imagine that, or is it true (or not)?

Danny

i dont think the dinar has ever been exchangable on international markets .... this is what i personally am looking for .. a change in what is called ...>>>the exchange regime <<< ...google it if you dont know what that is ..

right now the dinar is pegged to the dollar .. it cant go any higher than the amount of dollars in the foriegn reserves ..along with any other foriegn currency in the reserves  that have been converted to dollar values ..

so if iraq  only had one dollar in their reserves .. they can have 1166 dinar in  their m2 money supply .. according to the present exchange rate

but they can change that exchange rate to 3.42 .. per dinar .. but they would need  to get another 2.42 in their reserves before they could do that ... which means for every dinar they have .. they would need 3.42 dollars in their reserves .. or if they go 1 dollar equals one dinar they need to match each dinar with a dollar .. which right now they have 75 trillion dinars .. so ..do they have 75 trillion dollars in their  reserves ..no .. they have 80 billion..not trillion ..

so they have to change their exchange regime  before any rv happens .. they cannot remain pegged to the dollar ,, and rv any higher than it is right now

.. or they could with some accounting tricks ..called currency swaps .. and eliminating some by other means .. like delete one zero .. or two zeros..

the dinar is a local currency .. big daddy dictator kept all the real money and gold  and gave his people a dinar with his own picture on it ..

now that iraq is free .. it should  change the exchange regime .. get involved in the world markets .. establish their currency .. float it out their and be honest and people will come .. they will buy and invest ..  and the dinar could  float upwards .. to what ever  value iraq actually produces .. which  could be very high if they  sift out the minerals   oil and gas .. as get that agriculture  moving .. grow some food ..

they got to eliminate . or remove from circulation some of those dinars or inflation would destroy any rv if they did have one

guiess what the usa is in the same boat right now .. theres trillions of dollars sitting in the fed they cant release because inflation will sky rocket ..

a centrAL BANK CURRENCY SWAP WILL WORK  FOR THE FEDERAL RESERVE AND THE CENTRAL BANK IN IRAQ ..

both would have their currency safe  tucked away  in an obscure account that no one could access .. but each ones currency values back up  each countrys currencys value on the books .. it wont be circulating .so demand for their currencys will still be there ..they need to dump it in each others laps .. and put them on hold and as their  economy grows  little by little they realease some of that currency back to each other at the same exchange rate  of original sawp .... they would have access to money as they need it ..

Edited by dontlop
  • Upvote 4

Yes,I think you are correct Bama. It has been a while since he's addressed that, but he had to keep explaining the process after okie would keep getting everyone stirred up with his gibberish. Things are really heating up lately and giving us real reasons to get excited about our investment again. I'm on board for "after' CH 7, if they will just do something. We have some fantastic news hounds that do a great job of staying on top of every move over there,but SWFG is sorely missed. It would nice to get it done before their religious holiday, but at this point, I'm just hoping for it to go down before year end.

• Upvote 1

Dontlop :: Here is a question for you. If they "unpegged the dinar", meaning the market sets the value . That is what a true currency trader is willing to exchange for it. What do you think the rate would be.. I will go one step further at what rate would you be compelled to hold onto YOUR dinar???

• Upvote 1

im not sure as to a rate .. but i always thought they could get by very comfortably with a 2.5 trillion dollar  m2 money supply ..thats not circulating ..just money supply .. to  cover military costs and other necessary costs for a govt .. like  schools police ..  roads .. and for the general public uses ..

i thought they should  eliminate 1 zero .. from 25 trillion  dinars .. then they kept adding to the m2 ..

now they have what 75 trillion m2 .. so deleting 2 zeros  would put them at 750 billion m2  money supply and giving us a 1 penny rv. or 10 grand  per million

now i look at the fed .. they got problems .. they are holding to much money so interest rates are very low . the fed wants more money  for their time .. they need to unload .. the cbi needs to unload .. a currency swap could handle  this .. theres alot more details involved ..,, procedures . and time lines ..

but it was strange for our govt to be printing up close to 3 trillion dollars over the last 5 years .. money they cannot release to the economy or they would have instant inflation ..

so was it intentional .. was the plan inplace  since before obams  became president ..to print up that money  for this purpose to  bring iraq on board ..

one penny .one hundred to one is my best  "guess "

• Upvote 2

the way to achieve that is .. to  raise the value of the bremmers  to 1000 to one ,, then put out a new dinar worth one dollar .. and have a exchange rate  pegged between the new dinar and the old dinar ,, at 100 to one

what  the release of chapter 7 will accomplish is iraqs ability to move more freely in international trade .. they can once again open international bank accounts around the globe without  the fear of their assets being frozen.. every country has problems from time to time and  while you work through those problems you dont want your assets frozen  .. that just makes it impossible to fix the very problems you have when you dont have access to your own money ..

so eliminate ch7 .. is important for their economic success . the value of their money .. im not so sure ..but if someone was going to freeze your assets ,,, a worthless dinar wouldnt be so bad to have frozen .. you could just  dilute down its value even further  if they froze it ...

this chapter 7 release is a big deal .. to what extent .. i dont know all the details . but i know some

Here is what we are seeing, CBI and banks are structurally ready to send money in foreign currency to Iraqi's living in abroad.  This leads me to believe they are on the grid.  Which is a very good sign for global banking interaction.  I will have to add the dinar at its current rate does not pay much in other foreign currencies, but hey at least it is something!  Removal of Chapter 7 is actually going to happen.  Wow hard to imagine, still holding my breath but this appears to be a reality.  As dontlop mentioned this opens many doors for them financially, which is great.

Now as far as the ld's, if, a big if, the article even though it was from last year is informing Iraq the ld's will be out in July 2013, this is intriguing.  This would mean they are printed and ready to go.  What is good about this is, it would imply there will be no RD because we have not seen a new ISO code.  They simply would add it to their dinar under the ISO code.  

So much has been put into place, but the one thing, which no one is publicly stating nor would they, an RV.  Do they have to?  No.  However it seems to me since right now they are an exporting nation for consumer goods and such, a higher rate, even a small one would be helpful.  I am not an economist, nor do I pretend to be, just thinking out loud.  

Iraq's activity to open the doors globally are huge,  cutting the red tape for visa's for foreigner's to start business's, QI cards, tariffs, census, (HCL demand), auctions may be done shortly and a new system begins.  Starting cement companies which can only imply they have a lot of concrete to pour, to build homes and buildings.  They are selling T bills.  They are initiating letters of credit, I would say there has been more movement toward a positive outcome than I have seen in a very long, long time.

• Upvote 8

im not sure as to a rate .. but i always thought they could get by very comfortably with a 2.5 trillion dollar  m2 money supply ..thats not circulating ..just money supply .. to  cover military costs and other necessary costs for a govt .. like  schools police ..  roads .. and for the general public uses ..

i thought they should  eliminate 1 zero .. from 25 trillion  dinars .. then they kept adding to the m2 ..

now they have what 75 trillion m2 .. so deleting 2 zeros  would put them at 750 billion m2  money supply and giving us a 1 penny rv. or 10 grand  per million

now i look at the fed .. they got problems .. they are holding to much money so interest rates are very low . the fed wants more money  for their time .. they need to unload .. the cbi needs to unload .. a currency swap could handle  this .. theres alot more details involved ..,, procedures . and time lines ..

but it was strange for our govt to be printing up close to 3 trillion dollars over the last 5 years .. money they cannot release to the economy or they would have instant inflation ..

so was it intentional .. was the plan inplace  since before obams  became president ..to print up that money  for this purpose to  bring iraq on board ..

one penny .one hundred to one is my best  "guess "

You'r talking, free float, and some time ago around the time they sacked Shabbs,

there were some articles stating that was there intentions. I myself think that is 

also what they will do. However, I don't believe that the outcome of a float will be 

as you say. Iraq wants to be the most valuable currency in the world. Its an Arab thing, rite?

And there not as stupid as we would like to say they are. For me I simply feel in my gut that

if they do float it will be the one thing in this entire grand scheme that will be the mistake. (for them that is)

Some would say that a float will take yrs for the dinar to reach one dollar. What there not

taking into account is all the hype that the world has listened to about Iraq for ten yrs. Some

good, some bad. BUT, NO ONE EVER BELIEVED THAT IRAQ WOULD GET OUT OF CH 7 as far as

the average person in the world is concerned. I think when word gets out that the IQD has

gone on a float it is expected to take some yrs to appreciate, that will not, IMHO, be the case.

Think of the millions of potential investors on the Forex that will SUDDENLY witness such an

event they never believed would happen and feel as if they just missed the boat.

I think we will see the IQD skyrocket, seemingly overnight, to more than 5  dollars.

Now the CBI isn't going to let that remain and will come in and 

place it in a managed float somewhere around the Kuwait dinar. This would put the IQD and Iraq

in the position that NO ONE will be upset with them SUDDENLY having the most valuable currency 

in the world, as they allowed the markets to determine the value.  This scenario would be considered,

wishful hyperbole by conventional thinking, but we know greed is a powerful thing not being taken

into account if they float it.

As for the currency swaps your referring to that would explain all those dollars we have been printing 

and keeping under raps. Something that until now has baffled me. You see I know that Iraq was a 

carefully thought out and strategically executed plan. But like all plans it is subject to reality. And 

it does seem to me that greed is the one thing the powers that be are not contemplating. 

As far as this going beyond this month I STRONGLY feel it that happens we will for the first time in

this investment be in danger of loosing all our investment. It seems clear to me at least that the 

people of Iraq have reached an impasse. If nothing happens very soon I think we will watch this 

country implode, As well it should. One thing I have learned over the yrs is that if you want to

enslave a people the best way to do so is to let them think there free. And you do that by allowing

them to have some wealth. You allow them to buy nice cars, and to own their home.  You let them

buy cool toys like boats, tvs, rvs, and then there happy. Now you can make any enslaving laws you 

wish and tax them to death. They wont do anything but wine like babies. 

• Upvote 6

You'r talking, free float, and some time ago around the time they sacked Shabbs,

there were some articles stating that was there intentions. I myself think that is 

also what they will do. However, I don't believe that the outcome of a float will be 

as you say. Iraq wants to be the most valuable currency in the world. Its an Arab thing, rite?

And there not as stupid as we would like to say they are. For me I simply feel in my gut that

if they do float it will be the one thing in this entire grand scheme that will be the mistake. (for them that is)

Some would say that a float will take yrs for the dinar to reach one dollar. What there not

taking into account is all the hype that the world has listened to about Iraq for ten yrs. Some

good, some bad. BUT, NO ONE EVER BELIEVED THAT IRAQ WOULD GET OUT OF CH 7 as far as

the average person in the world is concerned. I think when word gets out that the IQD has

gone on a float it is expected to take some yrs to appreciate, that will not, IMHO, be the case.

Think of the millions of potential investors on the Forex that will SUDDENLY witness such an

event they never believed would happen and feel as if they just missed the boat.

I think we will see the IQD skyrocket, seemingly overnight, to more than 5  dollars.

Now the CBI isn't going to let that remain and will come in and 

place it in a managed float somewhere around the Kuwait dinar. This would put the IQD and Iraq

in the position that NO ONE will be upset with them SUDDENLY having the most valuable currency 

in the world, as they allowed the markets to determine the value.  This scenario would be considered,

wishful hyperbole by conventional thinking, but we know greed is a powerful thing not being taken

into account if they float it.

As for the currency swaps your referring to that would explain all those dollars we have been printing 

and keeping under raps. Something that until now has baffled me. You see I know that Iraq was a 

carefully thought out and strategically executed plan. But like all plans it is subject to reality. And 

it does seem to me that greed is the one thing the powers that be are not contemplating. 

As far as this going beyond this month I STRONGLY feel it that happens we will for the first time in

this investment be in danger of loosing all our investment. It seems clear to me at least that the 

people of Iraq have reached an impasse. If nothing happens very soon I think we will watch this 

country implode, As well it should. One thing I have learned over the yrs is that if you want to

enslave a people the best way to do so is to let them think there free. And you do that by allowing

them to have some wealth. You allow them to buy nice cars, and to own their home.  You let them

buy cool toys like boats, tvs, rvs, and then there happy. Now you can make any enslaving laws you 

wish and tax them to death. They wont do anything but wine like babies. 

I agree, here the "free" are "enslaved" to work by the debt they have. That being said, is speaking of enslaving your labor force because of material needs by both the gov't and people. However, the FREEDOM coveted by most of the world is to have freedom of speech, religon, govt intrusion etc. inalienable rights of life, liberty and pursuit of happiness. Now, people need to understand that if material items make them happy and they may be financing themselves out of the freedom of time to enjoy those things they covet because of WORK(slavery) ;)

Edited by idplzr
  • Upvote 4

I would like to think before, but I think we need to se the HCL first. I was in hopes of hear something from Adam about the release of chapter 7. Hope he reply's today

'

There are those that say there are trillions of Dinar in circulation , I don't think so, we don't know how much, CBI will not tell the truth, but what we do know is they have 80 Billion in USD. I think they can RV 1 to 1, but the question is still the same When. I still thnk we need to see HCL.

• Upvote 2

Dontlop :: In a currency swap NO money is transferred.. It is a contract and the money amounts are "notional" (i.e. virtual amounts}. A settlement is made on the net value at the conclusion of the contract. I don't believe central banks play with swaps. The BIS/WB would slap them. That would be currency manipulation.

the central banks do currency swaps .. to see what kind of mess we are in here at home .. just start this  video at 10 minutes  30 seconds .. see if it gets your attention within 2 minutes ..

http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/142441-us-feds-game-unriddled/#K-http%253A%252F%252Fdinarvets.com%252Fforums%252Findex.php%253F%252Ftopic%252F142441-us-feds-game-unriddled%252F%2F3872527279%2F1

Dontlop :: There IS a difference between a CURRENCY swap ( a hedge for or against a change in the exchange rate over time)and a Central Bank LIQUIDITY swap which actually is a collateral free LOAN to a central bank. A liquidity swap does not profit or loose because at the end of the swap The same nominal amount of the loan is returned. These two serve different purposes.

In a pure currency swap a central bank could bet that its currency would fall AND contrive to make it happen. Bad bank!