Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

redenominated banknotes slated for July 2013

there was more than just dust storms in iraq when they introduced the new currency..there were buildings .. houses ..roads .. boats ..  lots of things in iraq .. and some people had a few dinars in their pocket ....those dinars were exchanged into the bremmers at  one for one ..but what about the guys home  he had equity in it ..it was worth something..where is that wealth going to come into play ..jewlery ..ect.gold . silver ..did they get a value attached to those things that had a value before ?

what if everyone went to a bank tommarro and asked to finance their homes into dinars  would iraq have enough dinars or value in dinars to cover all that wealth that has accumulated for the last 100 years ?.. it would collapse the cbi.. they need that wealth on the books somewhere ..

houses are selling for millions of dollars  in iraq..how much is 170 thousand square miles of iraq worth ..with all those oil fields and the water  supply ,, how much could they sell iraq for say to china if they were interested

iraq needs a couple trillion  at least to sustain itself .... not 70 billion

iraq needs to decree a couple trillion dollars worth of debt notes (dinars)

that is what money is  under the fiat monetary system .. it is a debt note ..if you have 100 dollars in your hand  someone owed you that  unless your a dumbasssswsacrat that thinks you should just be given money for free but everyone else should work for it

they can add  more worthlesss dinars to the books or just increase the value  of what they have ....

• Upvote 1

Nothing to be excited about.......the fact they used the term redenominated banknotes is no bueno.....

And you would be crazy to think that the CBI would announce to the world new bills, MUCH MUCH lower bills as what would be needed for a massive RV.......

No matter if its from this year or not, the only talk of new bills has been in regards to deleting the zeros so until we know whether a new currency code is being accompanied with these bills, you can only hang tight and hope they arent going to delete the zeros/redenominate.......

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Did you click on the link ? Just sayin :shrug:

:shrug: Yes, I did now!  :blush: But one does not let me open it and the other just shows the 2012 date.  I just wondered if it had been rerun somewhere and that was how it came back up.  I see that I am not the only one who wondered. Thanks.. 

I agree with LadyGracesDaddy and dontlop , this is good news . We should see in about month just how good it is ...

I agree with LadyGracesDaddy and dontlop , this is good news . We should see in about month just how good it is ...

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

No matter if its from this year or not, the only talk of new bills has been in regards to deleting the zeros so until we know whether a new currency code is being accompanied with these bills,

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/151000-redenominated-banknotes-slated-for-july-2013/page-4#ixzz2Vyym8aaU

As with all things Iraq, there are NO guarantees. However, I would give you as close to one

​as possible that in this you will never see a new, currency code. How many times does the 

CBI have to tell us that the two sets of currency's will run together? Are you suggesting that 

Iraq will be the first country in history to have two codes?

• Upvote 1

This is why it's called a speculative investment...

High risk (may mean) High Yield. The truth of how this unfolds is as guarded as Fort Knox or better!

Yet, aside from the U.S. involvement and the many quotes from both sides of the fence, I believe that due to the quest of Iraq to keep the value and pay debts they can't afford to RD and or under value the current currency. The trade in of equal value notes to a New currency would be costly in of itself. They desire to be a strong value of international trade. They have also stated at different times that their currency will be the strongest in the M.E.

I am not stating that this is what will happen I.e. a straight RV with coexisting new notes but this is possible. This would support a very strong surge in development for Iraq. Years ago it was stated that the change will happen when their is no certainty. We have been holding on to hope of something which could unfold in different scenarios. As it was so many times, do not put a lot of faith in the news. It is meant to throw us and the world at large off course. To make any certainty of a change would hurt Iraq. Like China, we won't know until it happens. In fact they may deny it to the last second or mislead us with conflicting articles. As you can see they are doing this underhanded news with conflicting reports well... They must keep their people with hope and the world at bay.

As many have stated, logically they don't seem to have much left from the last years of road blocks left to accomplish for this to finally take place.

I know I'm not saying anything most of you don't already know.... Lets just stay calm and pray this concludes soon. No matter how this does unfold we will all do well. This is true just by looking at the oil trade alone... You can also research the many companies setting up in Iraq. There seems little downside economically.

Peace...

• Upvote 7

Redenominated notes means there is going to be a redenomination. When, who knows? Once again....nothing secret about it. front and center in the paper. And if there advertising it, guarantee its not a massive rv.

Remember, there not just quietly adjusting the rate and adding lower denoms as needed. they are redenominating the notes. Big difference

We dont want the notes rebased or redenominated. we just want to see. the introduction of the lowers along side what exist. i know i dont want a 25 redenominated bill replacing my 25,000 note. its replacement currency, not in addition to

• Upvote 1

Redenominated notes means there is going to be a redenomination. When, who knows? Once again....nothing secret about it. front and center in the paper. And if there advertising it, guarantee its not a massive rv.

Remember, there not just quietly adjusting the rate and adding lower denoms as needed. they are redenominating the notes. Big difference

We dont want the notes rebased or redenominated. we just want to see. the introduction of the lowers along side what exist. i know i dont want a 25 redenominated bill replacing my 25,000 note. its replacement currency, not in addition to

Appreciate the post, nothing new however. Iraq just needs to finalize this(my selfish reasons)-peace

Edited by caz1104

Unless they change their monetary policy asap, there really isnt much room at all they have to move the value right now.....

i would think the move could be done all at the same time ..with the flick of a switch ..the value would just be by decree .. the debt notes would be avaliable at that time ..

fiat currency are nothing but  representation of debt  payable to who ever holds it .. its not a representation of gold .. right now the dinar is a backed currency ,,i agree ,, but it doesnt have to be ..this is what we are hoping for a change in exchange regime to a fiat exchange  backed by goods and services .. just like the dollar ..

theres no way the dolar is backed by anything but another dollar or goods and services  in our country ..its not backed by goods and services in anyother country  ..but its used by them... they can pass around the dollar multiple times in iraq but the usa only backs it up when it is returned to the usa and its only backed  ,,like i said by another dollar .. or they can buy goods and services ,, which increases our domestic economy which gives our dollar its value ..

the same could be for iraq ..they dont have to back any of those dinars with anything but goods and services bought within their country .. if say iran  just started using the iraqi dinar in their country for purchases ,,, it wouldnt affect the cbi at all .. iran could use an iraqi dinar  multiple times inside iran till that dinar is totally worn out .. and the only thing iraq would be responsible for is  replacing it with goods and services or another dinar .

so if iran exchanged them for dollars then the usa would be holding its value but they could only   exchange them for goods and services in iraq .. they cant get gold for them but iraq would sell oil for them .. and when they returned to iraq for oil or any other good or service .. its not a loss to iraq .. its  still has its value  as the rest of the dinars on the exchange .. and if its globally acceptable iraq could buy other foriegn currency  with it  and exchange those dinars for euros ,, yen .. british pounds ,, what ever ....i think iraq was smart to distribute their dinars first then revalue them.. if they do revalue them ..people could convert them into petro dollars ,, buy oil ..

• Upvote 1

First; this article is a year old, so who knows where they are really at right now.

Second: too much is being read into the word "redenominated".  Especially considering the translation process.  Until the event happens one way or the other, we cannot know if it is going to be an RV or not, and the Iraqi official releases are going to be worded very carefully, expecially if an RV is intended.

IF the new denominations are truly ready, then they can pull the trigger whenever the other requirements fall into place.  An important hurtle has been crossed.  Obviously, no significant action either way is possible without the availability of the new notes.

Peace and Prosperity.

• Upvote 3

since the oil is nationalized .. all those dinars returning to iraq would be in the hands of the govt of iraq ,, not the cbi .. in return the iraqi govt sold oil  for them ..but if someone decided to buy other goods  or services from iraq .. that would boost iraqs economy strengthining the dinar

the cbi would just be holding those dinars  for the govt .  the only  dinars the cbi owns is  the ones they make off interest rates and exchange fees

the cbi is just the one who issues currency and institute  policy .... they dont decree its value with out the govt involvement ... once its value is set .. the cbi is nothing more than an accounting figure head to keep track and inform the govt  most likely through the ministry of finance

your right grid .. they have to have lower denominations if they increase their value to the dollar level of value

our dollars are being used every day in iraq right now ,, do they have to be returned  after each purchase to be backed by the usa ? ..nope

they  are just using our currency instead of there own ..

why not just use your own ..

i think they will eventually .. especially if its value is equal to a dollar ..

i use dollars every day here ,, do they have to be backed after each transaction.. nope .. they go from my hand to your hand to someone elses hand .. constantly ..

its just a piece of paper with a number on it .. with laws to prevent counterfiting ...only one currency and its accepted by  all of us .. because we all are in agreement of its value .

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I am not going to freak on this because if there is no ISO code they are not changing the currency.  If there is no currency code these ld's would be under the same currency they have now.  To me this is a good thing.  It takes a long process to apply and register a new code.  How long I do not know, but I don't think they can pull one out of their butts, and have it done by July 2013.  As always we will see how this rolls.  

• Upvote 2

No matter if its from this year or not, the only talk of new bills has been in regards to deleting the zeros so until we know whether a new currency code is being accompanied with these bills,

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/151000-redenominated-banknotes-slated-for-july-2013/page-4#ixzz2Vyym8aaU[/size]

As with all things Iraq, there are NO guarantees. However, I would give you as close to one

​as possible that in this you will never see a new, currency code. How many times does the 

CBI have to tell us that the two sets of currency's will run together? Are you suggesting that 

Iraq will be the first country in history to have two codes?

All countries that have redenominated/lopped zeros have come out with a new currency code and have had coexisting bills.......

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

All countries that have redenominated/lopped zeros have come out with a new currency code and have had coexisting bills.......

OK, thanks. That I did not know. Still from this article alone we really 

can't tell what there intentions are. I'm hoping beyond hope for a miracle. 

• Upvote 1

Am I actually the only one here that clearly sees the word, redenominated , as simply

stating that these new notes simply have a lower denomination or number on them?

Instead of value to them. Come on peeps work with me here,

The Iraqi Government formed a Committee to set the value of the Iraqi dinar

2013-06-10

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/150997-the-iraqi-government-formed-a-committee-to-set-the-value-of-the-iraqi-dinar/#ixzz2Vw9q6H2B

The topic article tells us the notes are, and have been for a while, printed.

The second one tells us that the powers that be in Iraq are to determine the value.

Why is it that some just don't want to see what is plainly before there eyes.

Right on. ! Either way that have to r-d the notes.

• Upvote 1

Keep is exactly right we want them to add to the current series.  So if these notes are coming out in July, there is no ISO code, we may have a very good shot of something more than just interesting.  So far no ISO code.  I am hopeful, but always wary, because Iraq says many things when they have not much to do.

• Upvote 1

No we dont want them to redenominate the bills.....we want them to add to the CURRENT series.......thats completely different from redenominated bills in this case.....

And how do you add smaller notes to the current series? What would you call just printing lower bills 

to add to the current ones? 

Keep is exactly right we want them to add to the current series.  So if these notes are coming out in July, there is no ISO code, we may have a very good shot of something more than just interesting.  So far no ISO code.  I am hopeful, but always wary, because Iraq says many things when they have not much to do.

IIRC, without looking back, I believe this article is like a year old. If that is the case, if the events were to truly be taking place, that we would of seen more recent articles regarding that.

It appears that on the anniversary date of many articles from Iraq, they tend to resurface. So what we're likely reading is an article from over a year ago. It resurfaced on its anniversary date. That is how we get a lot of old articles (Makes you wonder how many Remove 3 zeros articles have come up over and over).