Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Anybody Getting Tired Yet ?

we hang in here month after month---year after year :

I bought 3 million---enough for me :

I am not worried at all about losing my initial investment--I will hope that Iraq currency becomes world-wide tradeable :

but how and when do they quit using our U.S.D. ---and use their own ?

What is really going on with Iraq?

NOTE: NOTE: AFTER OPENING THE LINK AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE, WHICH SHOWS THE CALENDER...YOU CAN MOVE FROM MONTH TO MONTH TO SEE WHAT IS COMING UP, EXPIRING, ETC...

MAY 23

IT LOOKS AS IF IT IS EXECUTIVE ORDER 13303 EXPIRING....WHICH HAS BEEN RENEWED

YEARLY SINCE THE WAR STARTED & THE NEW CURRENCY CAME OUT I ASSUME?...

THEN

NOTHING IN JUNE...

JULY 24

LOOKS AS IF UNAMI EXPIRES...

THEN

NOTHING FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR...OR EVEN SHOWING ON UP UNTIL THE YEAR

2016...AS THAT'S AS FAR AS I WENT....

IMO...AND I COULD BE WRONG, BUT IT LOOKS AS

IF IRAQ HAS PUSHED EVERYTHING TO THE LAST MINUTE AND TO THE BRINK...BUT, IF BUSH

STATED THAT THE WAR WOULD ACTUALLY PAY FOR ITSELF...AS MANY HAVE STATED?...AND IT IS NOW BEING STATED

THAT THE COSTS OF THIS WAR WAS AS HIGH AS 6 TRILLION DOLLARS, AS PER SOME NEWS ARTICLES...AND IF OBAMA AND

GEITHNER SAID IN EARLY 2010 THAT WE WOULD BE OUT OF OUR FISCAL DEFICIT WITHIN 3

YEARS, AS SOME HAVE STATED, THEN ARE WE NOT ABOUT THERE BY NOW, OR CLOSE?....AND THEN THE INFO. ABOUT

THIS BEING A 10 YEAR PLAN...WELL, ALL IS LINING UP AS PER THE END OF THIS RIDE

OR ELSE?...SO WHY IS THE U.S. STILL PUMPING BILLIONS INTO IRAQ, AS THIS IS SAID TO BE STILL HAPPENING, AT LEAST AS PER NEWS ARTICLES, WHILE WE ARE

SUPPOSED TO BE BROKE?...IT LOOKS LIKE SOMETHING HAS TO GIVE SOON....AT LEAST IN

MY OPINION.....

WHAT'S

REALLY AMAZING ABOUT ALL OF THIS...AT LEAST IMO...IS ON THIS CALENDER...SCROLL

BACK ALL THE WAY INTO 2012..OR EVEN FURTHER...

WHETHER

ANYTHING WAS ACTUALLY ACCOMPLISHED OR NOT...JUST LOOK AT ALL THE AGENCIES AND

MEETINGS THAT WERE HELD...(AND THESE WERE MOSTLY AGENCIES OF GLOBAL STATUS)...IT

LOOKS AS IF ALL HAS ALREADY BEEN DONE IF ONE WERE TO GO BACK AND LOOK AT WHO ALL

HAS BEEN INVOLVED AND WHAT HAS REALLY BEEN BEING WORKED ON HERE...(WHETHER

ANYTHING WAS DONE OR NOT)...THEN WHY ALL THE COSTS, AND ALL THE MEETINGS, AND

WITH ALL THE MAJOR WORLD POWERS INVOLVED...

BOTTOM

LINE: ARE WE BEING SMOKESCREENED BY WHAT IS REALLY HAPPENING IN IRAQ AS PER

THEIR POLITICS....NO DIFFERENT THAN OUR MEDIA HERE IN THE STATES BLOCKING OUT

AND BLACKING OUT ALL OF THE ECONOMIC AND MONETARY GAINS THAT ARE PROBABLY THE

LARGEST FINANCIAL FEATS THAT THE WORLD HAS EVER SEEN....THAT HAVE BEEN HAPPENING

IN IRAQ....I REPORT WHAT I SEE AS PER MY BEST UNDERSTANDING...YOU CAN

DECIDE?...FOR WHAT IT''S WORTH....

Calendar: Iraq Related Events

https://www.google.com/calendar/embe...erica/New_York

• Upvote 1

Re: "world-wide tradeable IQD"

In order for the IQD to be "world-wide tradeable" it would have to be accepted by trading partners with a value pegged to another established currency (say the Petro Dollar) or floating value underpinned by a country's reserves of foreign cash,gold (metals) and convertible natural resources (i.e.: oil, gas,minerals etc.). For example, the Chinese RMB is not listed on the FOREX and therefore 'technically speaking' not "world-wide tradeable" however, that has not prevented the Chinese from making their own International trade agreements (i.e.: BRICs, etc.). It's no secret that the Chinese are proponents of a move to a more diversified  'basket of world-wide trade-exchange currencies' intended to supplant the US Petro Dollar. The IQD could certainly end up being one of the currencies in that basket at which point the world-wide economic order of things would no doubt change dramatically. There's an old saying "He who has all the money makes all the rules". Just follow the money.....

• Upvote 2

Yea - I past the getting tired yet stage with this investment but will ride this out until some happens.  The frustrating part seems that NO ONE really knows what is really going on in Iraq when it comes to the Dinar - I been in this thing going on 4 years and each year the same old same old.  I wonder if they doing this on purpose and/or the powers to be (The people who has power to affect change) is stopping this thing from happening because they do not wont new Millionares if this things RV's.  Just my :twocents:

• Upvote 2

Tired and frustrated. Ive been at this for 9 years now sense 2004.

But you know what my gut instinct tells me when something is right.

And I have always had a very strong gut instinct about this. I know 

this feels like a bad roller coaster ride gone wrong but you guys hang in there.

Have faith and remember theres a reason why you were drawn to this

investment in the first place.

Stay strong, we're almost there.   :peace:

• Upvote 6

IMF Working Paper

Monetary and Capital Markets Department

Dedollarization

Dedollarization usually requires a combination of macroeconomic policies and

microeconomic measures to enhance the attractiveness of the local currency versus the

foreign currency

. Against the backdrop of macroeconomic stabilization, several measures

can foster dedollarization. These range from market-based measures that provide incentives

to reverse currency substitution to measures that prohibit or strictly limit the use of foreign

currency (forced dedollarization).

Dedollarization is facilitated by proper sequencing of the policies and

microeconomic measures.

Generally, the credibility of monetary policy needs to be

reestablished to give full effect to measures to reverse dollarization. Since establishing

monetary credibility may take a long time, certain policies and measures promoting

voluntary dedollarization can be adopted during this period. In addition, measures to force

dedollarization can also be taken in parallel with comprehensive stabilization policies. In

either case, policy makers need to take account of risks, including capital flight,

disintermediation, and banking sector instability.

Dedollarization policies need to be set up differently depending on the exchange

rate arrangement

Under a genuinely flexible exchange rate regime, the country is typically seeking to

restore monetary policy autonomy.

8 The appreciation of the exchange rate following

the contraction of money supply during the stabilization process can jumpstart

dedollarization. Accordingly, intervention in the foreign exchange market should

signal that the central bank is willing to accept nominal exchange rate appreciation

(Brazil and Hungary).

9 Moreover, monetary authorities can envisage targeting

inflation directly and thus enhance the stability of the inflation rate, which can be

forecast more accurately, consolidating the benefits of the macroeconomic

stabilization.

Under less flexible exchange rate regimes, a credible commitment to a fixed

exchange rate would reduce the cost of macroeconomic stabilization because the

authorities do not have to pay the cost of building reputation. However, the outcome

depends critically on the credibility of the peg. Expectations of devaluation would

increase FCDs, while expectations of intervention to help borrowers to pay their

foreign exchange debt after a devaluation would continue to encourage borrowing in

foreign currency (moral hazard).

11 12 In addition, the continued linkage to the foreign

currency does not allow for a (fully) autonomous monetary policy. Through

dedollarization, the authorities’ may aim to recover seigniorage, adapt the currency in

circulation to domestic needs, introduce a more flexible exchange rate regime

ultimately, or mitigate risks to financial stability.

B. Market-Based Dedollarization Policies

Exchange rate, monetary, and fiscal policies

Exchange rate flexibility—An exchange rate that can move in either direction would

render the foreign exchange risk more apparent, thus introducing a disincentive to

financial dollarization.

14 According to Rennhack and Nozaki (2006), a flexible

exchange rate arrangement with less bias toward currency depreciation discourages

financial dollarization. Hardy and Pazarbasioglu (2006) show that greater two-way

exchange rate flexibility may deter foreign currency deposits, as they increase the risk

of holding foreign currency assets. Confronted by foreign exchange risk on their

assets and liabilities, banks and nonbanks develop hedging facilities over time but,

due to the cost of hedging, they would also increase the share of their assets and

liabilities denominated in local currency. However, a trend in the exchange rate could

entrench the expectation of continuous appreciation/depreciation that could foster

dollarization. The impact would nevertheless be different depending on the direction

of the trend: the expectation of devaluation would increase liability dollarization

(deposit) and currency substitution, while the expectation of appreciation would

support asset dollarization.

Efficient liquidity management—

Strengthening day-to-day liquidity management

by the central bank would make local currency more attractive as short-term interest

rates become less volatile. The introduction of reserve requirements, standing deposit

and lending facilities, and open market operations may help stabilize the domestic

interbank rate. Furthermore, issuing medium-term paper as a benchmark for interest

rates can improve monetary policy signaling and develop a yield curve (Poland).

Similarly, the development of a well-functioning foreign exchange market and an

adequate level of official reserves would ensure easy access to foreign exchange,

diminishing the need to hold foreign exchange for precautionary reasons.

Financial transaction taxes, if

any, should be levied at least equally on foreign and domestic currency transactions

Public debt management—

Active public debt management that aims at issuing local

currency-denominated bonds (if necessary, inflation indexed) would dedollarize the

government’s balance sheet, foster the market for domestic paper, and allow for more

exchange rate flexibility

Development of a domestic financial market—

A deep and liquid bond market

provides flexible alternative investment opportunities to dollar deposits. Increasing

the choice of local currency-denominated securities traded on the domestic capital

and money markets may contribute to the decrease in dollar-denominated assets.

Encouraging the development of the domestic investor base, such as pension funds,

would likely support demand for longer-term local currency instruments and markets.

Alternatives to dollar-denominated assets—In the absence of confidence in local

currency-denominated assets, a credible indexation system can enhance investments

in such assets. Ideally, indexation should be to local prices (for example, inflation

indexed bonds) because this avoids the reference to foreign currencies and the likely

co-movement between government revenues and debt servicing costs

Financial liberalization—

Freeing banks from administrative controls on the

determination of interest rates makes it more likely that domestic real interest rates

will be positive, thus helping to promote the use of the local currency (Estonia, Haiti,

and Hungary). A more competitive domestic financial system will also enhance the

attractiveness of the local currency (Egypt and Poland).

Withdrawal of the legal tender status from foreign currency. Dedollarization is

unlikely to be achieved if the foreign currency remains the legal tender of the country,

since it entrenches its legitimate use in local transactions.

Increased usability of the local currency—To decrease currency substitution, a

domestic currency that is attractive for use needs to be provided. This means the

continuous availability of domestic currency in the denominations best adapted to the

needs of market participants. For example, larger denominations of riel banknotes

increased the demand for local currency in Cambodia. Introducing a new currency

may enhance the use of the local currency by providing banknote denominations

more suitable for local transaction needs than foreign currency banknote

denomination.

Government operations in local currency—The government should operate in local

currency to the extent possible. Raising taxes in local currency can support an

increase in the demand for local currency, as can public payments for wages, goods,

and services in local currency (Angola). In Peru, the government switched its public

lending program to local currency.

Payments system

—The domestic payments system should ensure local currency

payments at terms which are at least as favorable as those for foreign currency

payments. The central bank should offer convenient and low-cost payment services

for domestic currency payments and should not favor payments in foreign currency

(Angola and Lao P.D.R.). Peru imposed a 2 percent tax on checks denominated in

foreign currency to discourage the use of foreign currency in payments.

Prudential regulations—Measures aimed at ensuring proper management of foreign

exchange risk and internalizing the true cost of doing business in foreign currency can

help to create a level playing field for the domestic currency and eventually

encourage dedollarization.

19 These include (i) narrow open foreign currency position

limits

theres plenty more out there ,, im done copy and pasting .. google

Edited by dontlop

Yea - I past the getting tired yet stage with this investment but will ride this out until some happens.  The frustrating part seems that NO ONE really knows what is really going on in Iraq when it comes to the Dinar - I been in this thing going on 4 years and each year the same old same old.  I wonder if they doing this on purpose and/or the powers to be (The people who has power to affect change) is stopping this thing from happening because they do not wont new Millionares if this things RV's.  Just my :twocents:

Me too... I'll ride this XX until something happens.....Also because I have not much of a choice about it in that I'd like to get rid of some of my holdings  ( a few Millions.. I would like to even sell half of it, to be sincere...) but my location (Italy) makes it all so more difficult. No banks here taking Dinars and also no way of trying and sell on ebay because People have a lot of choice in buying from US folks  and they'd view buying from me as a potential  problem  due to the distance which I can more or less understand....

So that one is also not an option for me. All'n'all.... I'm forced to wait.

I can only hope ( been doing that for 9 years already).

Edited by umbertino

Of course many of us are ( tired)..... Esp. those who have been into this for more than 3-4 years ( 9 here).

It would be abnormal not to be ( tired).

I agree with you!  I think the real reason that people are tired is because of the TK's and Okies and a few more! Most of us know that this can be a long shot but we also think it can happen one day or else we would no longer be invested.

99% of us NEED this to happen to bring a positive change to our financial lives and to give us the ability to help others.

IMO, What I like about DV is that people come to this site for good information, not lies.  They need to pretty much stay away from the above named gurus post in the rumors section so that you don't get caught up in the roller coaster emotional ride of RVing tomorrow or whatever the next day that ends with a "y" and spend time learning from the news section, long time investors posting and Adam's chats and a few others!  :twocents:

I'm in this until the end (Adam says it's over and we should get out or could be the end of me or could be the end of time) :confused2:  :D

(6 years for me already)

• Upvote 4

I agree with you!  I think the real reason that people are tired is because of the TK's and Okies and a few more! Most of us know that this can be a long shot but we also think it can happen one day or else we would no longer be invested.

99% of us NEED this to happen to bring a positive change to our financial lives and to give us the ability to help others.

IMO, What I like about DV is that people come to this site for good information, not lies.  They need to pretty much stay away from the above named gurus post in the rumors section so that you don't get caught up in the roller coaster emotional ride of RVing tomorrow or whatever the next day that ends with a "y" and spend time learning from the news section, long time investors posting and Adam's chats and a few others!  :twocents:

I'm in this until the end (Adam says it's over and we should get out or could be the end of me or could be the end of time) :confused2:  :D

(6 years for me already)

Yes Bumper... I'm most certainly part of that 99% needing  the money.. And that ain't no Harvard lie.  Only that sometimes the wait gets to me... And with the longer and longer wait comes also the uncertainty ( doubt) about a positive outcome  of this adventure...I guess (one day) we'll see.....

Tired and frustrated. Ive been at this for 9 years now sense 2004.

But you know what my gut instinct tells me when something is right.

And I have always had a very strong gut instinct about this. I know 

this feels like a bad roller coaster ride gone wrong but you guys hang in there.

Have faith and remember theres a reason why you were drawn to this

investment in the first place.

Stay strong, we're almost there.   :peace:

Hey MIT....For the zillionth time I'll say...... "Let's hope"......Not much more to add......

Edited by umbertino

I don't believe there has ever been a plan to RV. The RV is a fictionalized event pumped by some very creative marketers. I will still hold on to mine "just in case" - but I think we are waiting for nothing.

It's a possibility, I acknowledge that.